Help: Great Sound Delay

bizarrick

Alpha
Society
The House - of Lords and Ladies
Bartimaeus Brandenburg
I've just noticed, as I came to interact with the DJs, that I have some really bad sound delay. Sometimes it can take 10 seconds to arrive, sometimes it can even take 30! :eek:

It's quite weird to see everyone gratzing way before a winner is announced. But, this is specially tiresome when I become an essential part of a competition. MS9 can tell you more about it. ;)

Anyway I can fix this? :scratch2:

you might be able to fix it by upgrading your bb speed,

or moving closer to the server :p

there is up to a 40 seccond delay from when the DJ speaks to when you hear it,

In some cases more depending on locality or bb speed.

Thanks
Sap.

yeah this is a lot to do with speed and location but nothing is ever truly live. we would have to have some exceptional equiptment to achieve what we all want :)

yeah this is a lot to do with speed and location but nothing is ever truly live. we would have to have some exceptional equiptment to achieve what we all want :)

I think it is still really Live if it has 30-40 seconds delay. As we still play in on the crowd, party and whatever is happening.

I also think there isn't any equipment that will make this shorter.

Think of this... I"m in Holland and I have to stream to the UK (= always a bad connection), then it has to go from the server to lets say US. So it has 3 big jumps to make and then not to forget all the little jumps in between ^^

This is absolutly normal and the delay will indeed vary on your location & connection speed, so for instance someone in the UK will have the shortest delay and someone in Australia the longest.

Greets,

MistahE

Back