Planet Calypso Miniteasers

I'm sorry.....:ahh:
I don't get it...:scratch2:

I didn't see anything that would differentiate 10.0 from what we play right now. Theres a couple of places existing now that are dark like that.

Maybe future Teasers will be more revealing?

Thanks though, Marco.

it took me longer to click the link than the video went for, is it just me or was that the darkest shortest teaser you ever saw. It dissapointed me not teased me.

That's the new look for downtown Hadesheim :laugh:
I think a couple of these a week will keep most of us salivating for more!

Yay! No lens flare!

And is that rutuba I see?

Teasers are a good idea, look forward to some more, but this one was pretty much a waste of time and you know it Marco :laugh:

This is like getting a fleeting glimpse of a girl's... ankle. :rolleyes:

Hubba hubba. :laugh:

Any part of something lovely is still tantalizing. My main issue with this is the poor visual quality as i described in my previous post.

It's more like Paris Hilton's night vision sex tape without the night vision lens...

no idea why i'm comparing so many things to pr0n lately... could be that i've watched far too much of it...

aw what a teaser :(

Really fits its description "“quick-n-dirty” very short" and way too dark. -_-

Are those realtime shadows on the trees ?

I re-uploaded it, full light, zoomed in here and there and slowed it down. Result, a 40 second clip, that at least shows a bump mapped ground...also keep an eye to the "tree" to the right (especially at the end)...hmmm.

Teaser1 Right Click & Save As (6 megabyte)

I re-uploaded it, full light, zoomed in here and there and slowed it down. Result, a 40 second clip, that at least shows a bump mapped ground...also keep an eye to the "tree" to the right (especially at the end)...hmmm.

Trust McCormick to get out his magnifying glass ... I was just too bloody lazy as it happens. :D

There are still some distracting LoD artifacts in that short clip. That is disappointing. Hopefully it will be tweaked before release.

LoD == Level of Detail, a way to dynamically change the complexity of an object's visual representation with distance to speed up rendering.

Watch the hoop plant as he approaches. A bunch of extra foliage/fluff suddenly pops into view at the top. Well implemented LoD doesn't have popping like that--either through a conservatively placed transition, or LoDs that are more similar in outline.

Currently, EU has massive LoD artifacts.

Thanks for making that. The bump mapped ground is good to see. Now, to deal with the LoD. :/

Edit: the shadows could use some work, too. I'm not sure, but it looks like they are using a point source for the sun instead of a flood. LOL. Can anyone else see that?

Last edited:
i think the term for that is micro lol.. looks awsome mindark keep them coming carnt wait for the new vu :D

way too dark and too short. disappointing.

Size doesn't matter :wise: - though personally I would not have mind if it was a little bigger, Marco :ahh:

Considering the first 3 seconds of a 7 second movie were the FPC logo, I consider that a bag of shit. I saw some running - but nothing that differentiates it from what we currently have ... maybe the sun set. Big deal ... :(
I sadly must say i total agree...we can create almost if not tatol same image imade , runing at argus...

Exactly same things , from side , where you see the avatar walk down of a hill and the nice mouvement , would be for sure a way better teaser...

I understand MA just want show some image here and there , but try to show something impossible in the actual engine...

Thanks for the mini teaser Marco, its always nice to see the new stuff. :yay:

Since this is the first of a series of mini previews, I think its ok to be so short. Once we get a few more we can paste them together for a longer clip. :D

As long as the news and previews keep coming I don't care how short they are. FPC has been doing a good job of keeping us up to date so far.

Cheers :beerchug:

LOL
Mini... no shit...

What was the figure wearing? Wasn't familiar looking.....
Aand what was that lump-thing on his back right below the back of his head?

I blinked... what happened?

BTW HOORAY for mini-previews! I love seeing progress.

What was the figure wearing? Wasn't familiar looking.....
Aand what was that lump-thing on his back right below the back of his head?

Looks like a backstrap piece of armor, like the Rutuba.

Keeping it short to not bog down productivity? Then why is half the video an introduction to the video? Do away with the intro and just show raw footage and you'll drastically increase your productivity! :D

All is here :wise:

If you think about it,this could summarize our entire lives inside EU :wise:
what ever that means!

Make them shorter next time, hardly found the time to watch it! ;)

to small. was better not to release it lol
Five seconds of running in the dark lol...:scratch2:
I blinked... what happened?
Well he wasn't lying when he said "Mini".
If I were a more mature person, the phrase "That's what she said" wouldn't have been going through my head as I read most of these comments.
But I'm not - so it totally was.

Anyway, maybe that's all they could get on film before they started rubberbanding and got disconnected. :dunno:

good bye loot. :cry:

*honestly - I'm glad you showed us something and am really excited for Cry2 - but as always, I'm just having fun with you guys - so leave my loot alone, DAMN IT! *

Back