HOF list names

Mr Claude

Guardian
Society
PROJECT-ASYLUM CORP.
Clau Mr Claude CCM
The hof/global message takes all the names of the player(First Name , Nickname, Last Name ), also soc of player or freelancer . I know this was a wish from EP , and I like that it shows society , to identify better the persons in HOF list with same names , avoiding confusion.
However, I would like it if the name that the player uses at the time he hofs to be made more visible , while the other names less visible.People usually use the nickname or a combo of two names, not all three of them.Sometimes in one field of the name(First Name , Nickname, Last Name ) there's not just one , but more names, that becomes a very long name in HOF list. It's more confusing for me if I see all the names of a person than just one , because I find it harder to recognize the name that the player is known in forums , mirc ,PE towns chat, etc.
The name that the player uses when he hofs shoud be written in BOLD letters while the other names simple font.This way people will know which name the player would like to be called and be known as.And if MA should take this into consideration , I think that the abreviation of the society should also be written in bold letters,to be better known, and the full society name in simple letters. Something like this :

Clau Mr Claude CCM
[PAC]PROJECT-ASYLUM CORP.
Resource mined: ..............
Value of resources:......
Date of entry: .....................................

Any ideas, coments on how the fonts should look are more than welcomed .
It's 4.25 AM here, I can't play PE now and I am bored as hell ,this is what came to my mind now, so :rolleyes:

Aye aye. I've thought the same thing.... the nickname (if only at the time of the hof) ought to be in bold.
Nothing new to add to that one Mr. Claude ;) Just that I agree :girl:

i thought the same thing a few days ago :laugh: nice idea

As long as i am getting a HoF i really dont care what they show. If you get so many HoFs you need to worry about it then hook me up with your religion!!

;P

Suicide

This is about looking in the hof list and recognizing the players names easier Suicide, not about how many hofs they take.Right now , when I look at the hof list , I look at the societies that I know first ,and than at the name , cuz the names of players are too long and none of them stands out , to make me recognize it easier :p

Nice ideas but it might become annoying if all the information is displayed. Imagine if more players enter the game and the community starts to grow. A global and HOF message could then possible appear every few seconds in your chat window o_O.

I call that spam :p

Maybe players could choose if they want to see global and hof messages in the future or maybe even decide which messages they wanna see:

A. Mining, crafting, hunting, pk hof-messages > yes or no

B. Show hof-message if value is:

- 50 >
- 100 >
- 500 >

Etc.

C. Maybe even divided by society name (or player name) ;)

- Show messages of X society > yes
- Show messages of Y society > no
- Show messages of Z society > yes

Hmmm... perhaps MA should focus on bugs first.

Snowflake said:
Nice ideas but it might become annoying if all the information is displayed. Imagine if more players enter the game and the community starts to grow. A global and HOF message could then possible appear every few seconds in your chat window o_O.

Hmmm- i think MR Claud is speaking strictly about bold lettering in the hof list, not the hof message.... could be wrong though. I would agree that we do not need all of this info on message (although bold nick I would be for). But in the hof list I would like the addition of bold nick ;)

good idea. Even more i would prefer that the clientloader shows the last 20 HOFs like they do it with the Auction items

Svetlana said:
Hmmm- i think MR Claud is speaking strictly about bold lettering in the hof list, not the hof message
Off course that's what I ment , the title is HOF list names :p All info in chat of the hof msg would be waaaay too much :wise:

Suicide said:
As long as i am getting a HoF i really dont care what they show. If you get so many HoFs you need to worry about it then hook me up with your religion!!

;P

Suicide

Lol, that was funny. Anyway, I totally agree you guys. Maybe it could show only the name you choose to be shown in chat too... or as you said, at least that name could be bolded. And i like the idea of the clientloader showing the daily hofs too... but it would take too much space. Maybe a link on the clientloader or something.
And to be honest, I don't agree to being able to remove the hof/global msgs in main chat. They are part of this great game. If u don't wanna see them just switch from All to chat/event/soc/team and bingo! ;)

I completely agree.

I hardly look at the HOF list anymore as it's just so cluttered, I much prefer the old style - I mean, sure it didnt have much info, and was often completely wrong (!) but at least you could ready it! So anything that cn be done to improve the readability of the new one is a good thing I think.

Back