**Stage 5 SEMI-FINAL Moblist***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hello, and welcome ENGLAND, ROMANIA, AMERICA, SWEDEN, AUSTRALIA and FRANCE to the SEMI-FINALS of WoF 2009.

I'm guessing you'd like to know what you're hunting.

The Moblist is as follows:

Main Team:

Atrox (Prowler and Above) 10 points
Neconu (Old Alpha and Above) 9 Points
Eviscerator (Any Maturity) 8 points
Defender (Any Maturity) 7 points
Atrox (Old Alpha and below) 6 points
Neconu (Alpha and below) 5 points

Support Team:

Oculus (Guardian and above) 4 points
Pupugi/Diripi/Igni (Any maturity) 3 points
Oculus (Provider and below) 2 points

Bonus:

Chirpy Mutated 25 points

Special Spawns:

Main: Extra Atrox on way. Extra Eviscerators on way. Defenders on way.

Support: Big swarm of high maturity bugs on way. Chirpy Mutated on way.

All other spawns remain as set.

Pupugi/Diripi/Igni count as one mob for variety and sweep purposes. Sorry about those. Hoping for stalkers:)

Date: Saturday 27th June

TimeSlots Available:

Slot A: 12:00

Slot B: 16:00

Slot C: 20:00

Please contact your opponents and let me know which Slot you choose.

(That's England Vs Sweden, America Vs France, and Australia Vs Romania just to remind you:))

Location of START/FINISH Point:

Jor Bridge

(EUD 1600, 13300)

Please remember you can have 5 Main Team Members in this hunt, and the losing Team of each match leaves the Tournament.

Support Cap is also raised to 200 before bonuses.

See you there:)

Locations of Upcoming Special Spawns for the Semi-Final

Diripi/Pupugi/Igni (Bug Swarm) at 10891, 24306 (North of the Outpost, East of Ithaca over the River, Northwest of Argus.)

Eviscerators and Defenders at
1622, 12799
(South of Jor Bridge)

High level Atrox at
3828, 20140
(South of Cape Corinth)

Chirpy Mutated at
9932, 10120
(South of Camp Phoenix)

All existing spawns remain the same; privately owned spawns are subject to owner's settings.

Good Luck, take a can of Raid maybe:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Something tells me Hurrikane is showing a bit of a twisted sense of humor with this round's moblist...

You have got to be kidding me :laugh:

Not at all. I thought a swarm of angry high-maturity bugs would prove an interesting and difficult hunting challenge for the day, a distraction if you will:), and also provide those who collect Globals with a rare chance at some bugs with health:)

I mean, how do you camp Igni Stalkers in a big swarm?:):):):)

Hurrikane

Nice list there Hurri. :D

Plenty of variety with a special mob thrown in for good measure.

It will be interesting to see what tactics work best against this lot ;)

Nice list there Hurri. :D

Plenty of variety with a special mob thrown in for good measure.

It will be interesting to see what tactics work best against this lot ;)

Yup, I've been thinking of the best way to get big points out of that list and I haven't settled on one yet.. must mean it's a good one:)

Hurrikane

Boss, are you saying there isn't gonna be any change to Oculus? The spawn north of Oshiri will be a bit overwhelmed

i think there will need to be a very large increase to oculus numbers for this to work well

bk

:yay:Yay, we finally got the big bugs :eek: This one could be a rocking fun round, but I do worry about those support on the chirpy, those little buggers are tough to kill. Naw, if the Glory Hound Chirpy Squad can do them then it's possible others can too ;) (um do I want to judge or join support somewhere just for the still elusive chirpy ATH?)

WoF on!!!

support will have nothing to hunt. No extra spawn of occulus, and the little bugs well most will give them a miss ;)

I hope not all mobs will spawn in same place. At least we have a good choice for atrox as it is and we don't need to count on MA adjustments that much. And I also hope we can arrange so we only have one match/slot, since there are only 3 matches. We are opened for any of the slots, if it helps to make it less crowded.

i think there will need to be a very large increase to oculus numbers for this to work well

bk

In some Stages, the Moblist allows larger Main or Support scores. This Moblist favours the Main Team for points, to prove a team's adaptability. The Oculus were chosen partly for their scarcity. The bugs are an unknown quantity.
In contrast, the Final might well feature a stronger-scoring Moblist for Support.
After all, the size of the Support score is not important, it only has to be big enough to win:)

I hope not all mobs will spawn in same place. At least we have a good choice for atrox as it is and we don't need to count on MA adjustments that much. And I also hope we can arrange so we only have one match/slot, since there are only 3 matches. We are opened for any of the slots, if it helps to make it less crowded.

Apart from the mixed bug spawn somewhere, and possibly Eviscerators and Defenders together somewhere else, all Special spawns will be in seperate locations.

Oh, I like your wish that each slot has a different match; If it helps, America Vs France is confirmed for Slot C.

Hurrikane

In all honesty.. this sucks.

Those bugs are boring enough if you happen to get one on you by accident. I cant even imagine me hunting them for 5 minutes, let alone 3 hours. That means the oculus are the only mob left, and as someone mentioned earlier, they are not exactly to be found in high density. That spawn will be crowded and it certainly won't be frentic hunting like on the formidon for example. Too few mobs to go around i'm afraid.

If the support scores till now are a problem (too big contribution on total) and you want to lessen their influence then please PLEASE chose normal, fun to hunt mobs, and just decrease the points that can be earned on them. Problem solved :)

You're doing a great job Hurri, so far it has been real fun, but imo it should get more exciting near the end. This support moblist is far from exciting. In fact, i am dreading it.

Those bugs are boring enough if you happen to get one on you by accident. I cant even imagine me hunting them for 5 minutes, let alone 3 hours. That means the oculus are the only mob left, and as someone mentioned earlier, they are not exactly to be found in high density. That spawn will be crowded and it certainly won't be frentic hunting like on the formidon for example. Too few mobs to go around i'm afraid.

If the support scores till now are a problem (too big contribution on total) and you want to lessen their influence then please PLEASE chose normal, fun to hunt mobs, and just decrease the points that can be earned on them. Problem solved :)

You're doing a great job Hurri, so far it has been real fun, but imo it should get more exciting near the end. This support moblist is far from exciting. In fact, i am dreading it.

Both these mobs present a particular challenge to score on. It is not the type of Moblist I would put up for a 3-Round Stage but for a one-round elimination match it is suited well.

Hurrikane

Will the adjusted spawn start Friday afternoon like previous rounds to give the early time slots a chance to adapt their strategy?

Will the adjusted spawn start Friday afternoon like previous rounds to give the early time slots a chance to adapt their strategy?

I expect it to. :)

Hurrikane

Not attacking you, but I just want to address some things ;)

Those bugs are boring enough if you happen to get one on you by accident. I cant even imagine me hunting them for 5 minutes, let alone 3 hours.

Well let's reserve judgement until we see what happens. Perhaps the reason most hunters do not seek out these bugs is because of the low maturities and thin spawns that exist naturally. If the expected "Big swarm of high maturity bugs..." arrives as it should it might work out fine. For all we know, the Isis LR 88 (L) or the CB 49 (L) comes from Igni, but no one bothered to hunt them.

That means the oculus are the only mob left, and as someone mentioned earlier, they are not exactly to be found in high density. That spawn will be crowded and it certainly won't be frentic hunting like on the formidon for example. Too few mobs to go around i'm afraid.

A resourceful team will seek out another spawn... and will likely be rewarded ;) In addition, BlackHawk is actively taking the initiative to talk to the teams and determine the best way to set it up. Meaning: 2 teams hunting at a time instead of 4.

Support scores are certainly not a problem... in fact the only round in which Support teams were commonly capped out was Stage 2 with the Frescoquda. I can count on one hand the number of times it has happened since. Granted, some Support teams are contributing more than others but that is due to planning and recruiting as well as leadership. This moblist is not an effort to reduce scoring.

What is more exciting than getting the mission and then planning for it? As in another recent (un-named) event, the group with the best prior planning won the day. I expect the same will happen here. We are back to a normal schedule and there are a full 2 weeks to get it together. Get scouts out and test tactics. All of you out there (AUS, ENG, FRA, ROM, SWE, & USA) that made it to the SemiFinals know this... otherwise you would not be here.

The group stages are designed to allow a team to stumble a bit and perhaps recover. Those days are over - either you are the best team that day and win... or you are not and you read about the Finals in a month. It is do or die now. Points are now for WINS not a good combined score.

I am anxious to see how the Big 6 handle this ;) Good luck to all!!

Last edited:
Not attacking you, but I just want to address some things ;)

Well let's reserve judgement until we see what happens. Perhaps the reason most hunters do not seek out these bugs is because of the low maturities and thin spawns that exist naturally. If the expected "Big swarm of high maturity bugs..." arrives as it should it might work out fine. For all we know, the Isis LR 88 (L) or the CB 49 (L) comes from Igni, but no one bothered to hunt them.

Northwest of Solfais is not the only place to find Oculus :wise: A resourceful team will seek out another spawn... and will likely be rewarded ;) In addition, BlackHawk is actively taking the initiative to talk to the teams and determine the best way to set it up. Meaning: 2 teams hunting at a time instead of 4.

Support scores are certainly not a problem... in fact the only round in which Support teams were commonly capped out was Stage 2 with the Frescoquda. I can count on one hand the number of times it has happened since. Granted, some Support teams are contributing more than others but that is due to planning and recruiting as well as leadership. This moblist is not an effort to reduce scoring.

What is more exciting than getting the mission and then planning for it? As in another recent (un-named) event, the group with the best prior planning won the day. I expect the same will happen here. We are back to a normal schedule and there are a full 2 weeks to get it together. Get scouts out and test tactics. All of you out there (AUS, ENG, FRA, ROM, SWE, & USA) that made it to the SemiFinals know this... otherwise you would not be here.

The group stages are designed to allow a team to stumble a bit and perhaps recover. Those days are over - either you are the best team that day and win... or you are not and you read about the Finals in a month. It is do or die now. Points are now for WINS not a good combined score.

I am anxious to see how the Big 6 handle this ;) Good luck to all!!

Support would have been a part, as would getting supporters involved...but as support teams are made up of normal players without massive pedcard balances or speciality armour, this isn't going to make WOF possible or attractive to a lot now. "Tbird + 6b ;perfect for oculus"...yeah and damned expensive for a one-off stage for lots of folk...plus ammo and decay and ME etc.

Why 2 maturities of trox for main (who can probably handle mad little bonus bird too)...and no trox for the folk likely to be able to hunt them ..even OJs in teams could get involved then, which I thought was at least partly the point?

LG was reduced to a joke and the numbers involved were also reduced. IF you admire that and turn WOF the same way ..all about ubers and money...all the spirit will be gone as will anyone not prepared to blow a stack of peds for nothing.

t

Support would have been a part, as would getting supporters involved...but as support teams are made up of normal players without massive pedcard balances or speciality armour, this isn't going to make WOF possible or attractive to a lot now. "Tbird + 6b ;perfect for oculus"...yeah and damned expensive for a one-off stage for lots of folk...plus ammo and decay and ME etc.

Why 2 maturities of trox for main (who can probably handle mad little bonus bird too)...and no trox for the folk likely to be able to hunt them ..even OJs in teams could get involved then, which I thought was at least partly the point?

LG was reduced to a joke and the numbers involved were also reduced. IF you admire that and turn WOF the same way ..all about ubers and money...all the spirit will be gone as will anyone not prepared to blow a stack of peds for nothing.

t

There has to be a balance between emphasis on Main and Support's contribution to a Stage. If I made Atrox the Support Mob we'd have a global every 3 seconds for 3 solid hours and MORE money would be spent by Support. The Mobs can not always be global-rich multi-spawning point-fests; this is one match where they're not.

It's the Semi-Finals, points are harder to come by. Last Stage, we had a special spawn that kept Main Team players standing around and needed Support to get the points. This time it's the turn of the Main Teams to show us what they can do, and the Support Team's job to make a difference on top of that.

Anyone can hunt the Bugs (with a little forethought or chaos will surely reign) and any team can hunt Oculus.

Hurrikane

Northwest of Solfais is not the only place to find Oculus :wise:

I would be delighted if our opposition went hunting for Oculus northwest of Solfais :D

I would be delighted if our opposition went hunting for Oculus northwest of Solfais :D

Was thinking Oculus... but picturing Caperon for some reason... :computer: :laugh:

Not at all. I thought a swarm of angry high-maturity bugs would prove an interesting and difficult hunting challenge for the day, a distraction if you will:), and also provide those who collect Globals with a rare chance at some bugs with health:)

I mean, how do you camp Igni Stalkers in a big swarm?:):):):)

Hurrikane

agreed this sounds interesting, who really knows what uber UL items may drop from them lol ;)

agreed this sounds interesting, who really knows what uber UL items may drop from them lol ;)

We could always start a rumour that MA told there is a mod FAP dropping from them that weekend. ;)

Cheers
Siam

SUPPORT TEAMS, BAHQ HAS YOU COVERED!!

Shine the t-bird and ghost, get those 6Bs ready.. BAHQ will have 2 Occulus DNA maxed on #s for your hofing pleasure!!

S of Nate is the place to be for the semi's. Screw those annoying little bugs.

Shine the t-bird and ghost, get those 6Bs ready.. BAHQ will have 2 Occulus DNA maxed on #s for your hofing pleasure!!

Nice!

don't forget to feed them! :D

/Spikey

well done !! :D

max the maturity too

Back