Ugggg!!!! You can no longer tell your friends you play Entropia!!! :(

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Well, This has sort of bothered me a bit for a time, but again, I got frustrated at MA for this....

So, like usual, I get a friend, we get talking about things, and Entropia comes up.... I tell them I play "Entropia" and have plaid it for years, have fun in it, and, etc, etc, etc.... I send them to get the "free download" and they get lost!!!!

Fact #1 - MA made "Entropia" no longer exist as a game, by changing the name yet again. Just look at all promotion and web sites...

Fact #2 - MA will lose A LOT OF customers from this action. Witness how dificult it is for anyone to actually find the "free download" now...

Fact #3 - MA has changed the name of the game we love 3 times now. "Project Entropia", "Entropia Universe" and now "Planet Calypso"....

Well, maybe this is just my problem, but damn it is a serious one... Think MA did not quite think the "naming" out well enough...

I mean come on, you see "Microsoft" changing their name? NO, changing a product name is one of the big "Do-Not-Do's"!!!!!!!!! And MA has done it 3 times now....

Anyways, this was just on my mind, and sort of pissing me off... Hope someone actually hears me and cares....

So, I now play "Planet Calypso". :rolleyes:

Actually youre quite wrong, youre playing Entropia Universe, ON planet calypso.

Planet calypso is just one of the planets
(the only planet right now, but soon there will be more)

Try to keep up ..

So this thread is actually in vain, there has been no name change

PS: what kind of nimrod cant find his way to the download? this is how you do it:
1. Go to www.entropiauniverse.com
2. Press "Enter" on the left hand side
3. Choose Planet Calypso from the rooster
4. Press "Download the free software now" button on the left

And if you really cant remember those four steps, use this direct link:
ftp://ftp.entropiauniverse.com/clients/entropia_installer.exe

// Exo

More people means more price inflation, MA is doing a wonderfull job :p

Reactions: jak
Whilst I agree that there has been a lot of "rebranding" in the past few years, I just typed Entropia into google and the first entry was

www.entropiauniverse.com

(3rd entry was a wikipedia entry about Entropia Universe)

The number of hoops are "Enter"

then Planet Roster "Planet Calypso"

and there is a "Download the Free Software" link on the next page.

When the other planets become available it'll become more straightforward I suppose.

I have to agree that changing names is not a good thing in marketing unless you "want" a cut .. not sure MA wanted a cut though except for conveying the idea of a universe.. It's all a bit strange.. I personally also don't see this "universe" with planets working out... Most people that would spend a lot of money skilling on Amethera don't wan't to ply to Sims planet..

But anyhow... prove me wrong MA..

Try to keep up ..

PS: what kind of nimrod cant find his way to the download? this is how you do it:

// Exo

Whilst I agree that there has been a lot of "rebranding" in the past few years, I just typed Entropia into google and the first entry was

www.entropiauniverse.com

When the other planets become available it'll become more straightforward I suppose.

All very true.....

You can still search out Entropia and find the game we all know and love...

But can you tell your friends you play Entropia? NO!!!! Because Entropia as a game no longer exists...

Just try logging in some time! Sure it says Entropia Universe on the client loader, but once you launch it, it is no longer Entropia but Planet Calypso...

And my entire point was and is, "Can you tell your friends you play Entropia?" And the answer to that now is "No"....

And secondly, Imagine being a new person, knowing nothing about Entropia... And being told to play the game you just get a free downlaod... Now try to find that free download... Yes, you will find it, but not as easy as one would think... Usualy a product is made so any half witted moron would get hit in the face with it...

Anyways, I'm done witting now... I'll come back and edit the hell out of this when I cool down! :D

Peace! :)

Try to keep up ..

// Exo

What kind of a new player should be expected to know they need to pick a planet, especially when there is only one, to play entropia universe. What kind of a nimrod does not see that as an extra unneeded step for someone who has no idea about the game?

www.entropiauniverse.com

Again... why have those extra hoops/steps.... before they even have started.

What kind of a new player should be expected to know they need to pick a planet, especially when there is only one, to play entropia universe. What kind of a nimrod does not see that as an extra unneeded step for someone who has no idea about the game?

1. Any nimrod that can spell "Enter" gets passed the first checkpoint, why? because it says "Enter" in big letters, with a descriptional text saying "Become a participant and discover Entropia Universe now" below it

2. When they click "Enter", they have already learned that this is the "Entropia Universe", and what is inside a universe if not planets? So thus the next step on the page titled:
"Welcome to the Planet Roster"

"These are the current and upcoming planets inside Entropia Universe"

Wouldnt take a brain surgeon to click one of the planets, and alas, what planet is the most likely to be chosen? would it be the first planet perhaps, since perhaps they were referred to www.entropiauniverse.com from someone who has the whit to mention he plays on planet calypso for the time being?

Okay that settles part 2,

3. So the player clicked the planet in the rooseter and ends up on the First Planet Co, Planet Calypso website, which is rather self explanatory, it states here and there that its a planet inside the entropia universe, and the download link is on the first page.

Conclusion.

If youre not smart enough to find the download, youre probably not going to play more than 1-10 minutes anyway.

This is a completely new form of gaming where you can register (in the future) on any of the included planets in Entropia Universe, and still end up in the very same universe!

So no, we are not playing a game called Planet Calypso, we are playing a game called Entropia Universe, we just happen to play it on a planet called, wait for it..... Planet Calypso!

// Exo

1. Any nimrod that can spell "Enter" gets passed the first checkpoint, why? because it says "Enter" in big letters, with a descriptional text saying "Become a participant and discover Entropia Universe now" below it

Checkpoint eh... was not aware that trying a game out was supposed to require passing a series of checkpoints. The thing is, the game is trying to sell itself to players, not players earn the right to get into the game.

Speaking of nimrods, who made one of the main pages require flash with no fall back for flash being disabled?

2. When they click "Enter", they have already learned that this is the "Entropia Universe", and what is inside a universe if not planets? So thus the next step on the page titled:
"Welcome to the Planet Roster"

"These are the current and upcoming planets inside Entropia Universe"

Wouldnt take a brain surgeon to click one of the planets, and alas, what planet is the most likely to be chosen? would it be the first planet perhaps, since perhaps they were referred to www.entropiauniverse.com from someone who has the whit to mention he plays on planet calypso for the time being?

Indeed, a brain surgeon might be too busy to bother to mess with the prereqs to try a game they are not sold on.

Okay that settles part 2,

Sort of, we both agree that for someone who cares at this point this creates no real barries, so all it chases away is players that are not yet sold on the game that don't feel like they want to be bothered with this as they are studying instead what they need to do for performing their next brain surgery so have better things to spend grey matter on.

3. So the player clicked the planet in the rooseter and ends up on the First Planet Co, Planet Calypso website, which is rather self explanatory, it states here and there that its a planet inside the entropia universe, and the download link is on the first page.

Conclusion.

If youre not smart enough to find the download, youre probably not going to play more than 1-10 minutes anyway.

This is a completely new form of gaming where you can register (in the future) on any of the included planets in Entropia Universe, and still end up in the very same universe!

So no, we are not playing a game called Planet Calypso, we are playing a game called Entropia Universe, we just happen to play it on a planet called, wait for it..... Planet Calypso!

// Exo

Conclusion, it is not a matter of smarts, it is all easy enough to get through once you care enough to. Question is, should there be ANY checkpoint and barriers at this stage of things..... it is hard enough to get people to look at in and try it, and distractions, extra steps and they find something they currently feel is better to do, since they are not sold on the game. The purpose of the trial again, is to sell the game, not be a function as an anti-moron gatekeeper function.

If just a handfull of those who leave now, instead stayed and in turn promoted the game to others, is that a good or a bad thing. Again, we agree the steps are not hard to overcome once the real desire to do so is present, but should they be present to overcome at all?

As a further note, if you really want to "save your friends time" point them to go directly to http://www.planetcalypso.com and explain before hand that thats the oldest planet in the entropia universe, then they only have to type in the URL and press download?

Or perhaps thats too hard too for these "not yet sold" players, should we perhaps spread a virus that opens up the page on it's own?

Or perhaps we should talk to Microsoft, have them enter in the url as a startpage on all newly purchased PC's ? Would that be easy enough for those "not yet sold" players?

Please...

I couldn't in good conscience be telling my friends about it :rolleyes:

I actually get laughed at, pitied, ridiculed, etc... or used to... :ahh:

I couldn't in good conscience be telling my friends about it :rolleyes:

I actually get laughed at, pitied, ridiculed, etc... or used to... :ahh:

I'm keeping telling my friends that this is THE place to be, but i also make sure i warn them before hand that once they get their first HoF which all beginner players tend to do within their first months, the next one may be stuck in traffic for quite some time.

I also make sure they know that the Entropia Universe is NOT a place to MAKE money, unless youre going to be a serious trader and not playing the other aspects for other than fun.

Playing EU for fun is fun, playing for profit is a disaster.

As a further note, if you really want to "save your friends time" point them to go directly to http://www.planetcalypso.com and explain before hand that thats the oldest planet in the entropia universe, then they only have to type in the URL and press download?

Or perhaps thats too hard too for these "not yet sold" players, should we perhaps spread a virus that opens up the page on it's own?

Or perhaps we should talk to Microsoft, have them enter in the url as a startpage on all newly purchased PC's ? Would that be easy enough for those "not yet sold" players?

Please...

Marketing is a different issue all together.... and I am sure MA would love it if you can arrange that with MS... get to work on it and let us know when you have it done. Don't think you should be advocating criminal acts for marketing though.

This is however a different issue, marketing gets them to the page. The page then has to finish the sales job and retain them. If you can not see how this should have as few barriers as possible and instead view it as some odd IQ test.. then we are just not going to agree.

Thanks guys!!!

You are debiting on this more than I'd imagine, and I'm sure MA will get some fresh ideas that might help us all out!!!

Oops, I'm supposed to be off to work! :D

Peace! :)

I agree that it can be quite bothersome to find the right place..

But then again, if you can't even bother take 5min of your time to find the download then your probably not that interested to try it out anyway..

And as a final note, how are MA suppose to do it differently, I mean they are going to promote the universe as a whole and not only planet calypso.. the only thing I see is that they have the planet rooster as the first page on www.entropiauniverse.com and make the partner page a different page all together, like www.entropiapartners.com or something..

Still, we are playing the game Entropia Universe on Planet Calypso, in a year I might play Entropia Universe on Creative Kingdoms planet :eek:

I mean come on, you see "Microsoft" changing their name? NO, changing a product name is one of the big "Do-Not-Do's"!!!!!!!!! And MA has done it 3 times now....

You don't pay much attention to M$ do you?

First there was Window 95/Windows 98 --> name change --> Windows ME --> name change --> Windows XP --> name change --> Windows Vista...

and if you are programmer...

com + --> .net framework -->

Well, This has sort of bothered me a bit for a time, but again, I got frustrated at MA for this....

So, like usual, I get a friend, we get talking about things, and Entropia comes up.... I tell them I play "Entropia" and have plaid it for years, have fun in it, and, etc, etc, etc.... I send them to get the "free download" and they get lost!!!!

Fact #1 - MA made "Entropia" no longer exist as a game, by changing the name yet again. Just look at all promotion and web sites...

Fact #2 - MA will lose A LOT OF customers from this action. Witness how dificult it is for anyone to actually find the "free download" now...

Fact #3 - MA has changed the name of the game we love 3 times now. "Project Entropia", "Entropia Universe" and now "Planet Calypso"....

Well, maybe this is just my problem, but damn it is a serious one... Think MA did not quite think the "naming" out well enough...

Anyways, this was just on my mind, and sort of pissing me off... Hope someone actually hears me and cares....

So, I now play "Planet Calypso". :rolleyes:

Wait... What?

And I thought I was one to complain too much about things that don't really matter... :laugh:

Wait... What?

And I thought I was one to complain too much about things that don't really matter... :laugh:

Aww well if it doesn't matter, let's rename planet calypso to : SupposedlyFreeMMorpgMoneylaunderingRipoffGame.Com and put it behind 16 choices, before you can download the client

Back