START SMART - Making the most of your PED

Status

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi,

I'd like to start this thread and ask people for their best tips for starting Planet Calypso with a monthly budget of US$15. I know there's a lot of info spread around the forum but I'd like to get it in one place. I appreciate your constructive opinions on this.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Try to make some friends, join a nice society because:

Activities that you do with others are quite enjoyable and do not have to cost a mountain.

Hunt big mobs with a tt-fist in a team on big trax, armax, or join one of zap's opalo hunts on neconu and the insects (name doesnt spring to mind)

for example:
15 USD=150 peds = 8 tt-fists.

If you hunt in a team with 3 or 4 ppl, a tt-fist lasts like 2-3 hours

8fists*3hours = 24 hours of entertainment, if you get NO LOOT AT ALL.

lets assume you get 70% return in loot per hunt.

150 peds = 24 hours of entertainment
-30%
105 peds = 18 hours of entertainment
-30%
73,5 peds = 12 hours of entertainment
-30%
51 peds = 9 hours of entertainment
-30%
35 peds = 6 hours of entertainment
-30%
24 peds = 3 hours of entertainment

total of 72 hours if you hunt with a tt-fist in a team of 4

I play like 16 hours a week

so playing like this lasts 4,5 weeks.. which is a month.

my advice

look for a mentor(me ?) and tell him that you plan to depo a bit each month
i can give disciples something extra to help them thru the rough start but they gotta put some money themselves also.Gave many times starter kits away to non depositors but they stopped playing then.
i dont mind investing some peds in a new avatar since i got a chance at nice item.
if i have the disciple item already i let the graduate have it

2.start with mining since with mining you can get ok markup stuff like common ores that sell for 130%
that will help you because with a new avatar you will be losing on the tt returned part
with hunting most stuff that will be returned is <105% value

3.if you insist on hunting first as main prof go hunt small molisk they drop teeth that sell for around 700%

4.stay away from crafting since that will burn peds fast if you dont have the skill.
most items require stuff bought at markup and nobody buys it so it ends up in the tt

My advice on a budget of 145 ped a month roughly after the fees for deposit are taken out.

I would work the first week sweating. Up at Swamp Camp kinda North East of Port Atlantas. You can get some valuable skills built up like Evade and such. And can sell the sweat you have gotten.

After your week of sweating. I would probably buy the Vivo healing pack and either the TT pistol or rifle and 10 peds of ammo to start with. I would not purchase the TT armor though. And still stay at swamp camp sweating. I would sweat the mob till it went dry. Then kill it. I would start with the youngs only at first since they are easir to kill. And as my skills built up try the bigger ones. And also watch the trade channel for cheap pixie or goblin armor. Do not worry if you get a mix of armor. you are just starting. Oh do not forget to quick key your healing pack and weapon so you can use them quicker.

Also on items you loot watch the markup and see what you can sell for a profit.

Since you can spend your money quickly. I would limit my self to around 25 peds a week spending and save the rest. So as to be able to buy some better stuff as you skill up like L weapons you can get your skills quicker that way. And still sweat I would honestly stay around swamp camp for around 2 months before exploring to far. Their are usually players around that can help on tp runs to find new areas. Also you may want to get a mentor to help you out also.

Bought all i can think of to say to someone starting out as a new citizen of Calypso.

Gl in your new life on Calypso Feri.

You have alices starting guide which is really cool for beginners to read. Comprehensive and explains everything about the EU economy and activities helping noobies get a start with their $15 a month

Rgds

Ace

EDIT with link to guide

Alice Guide

well a good start is to start out with a vivo t1 from the tt... with this and the opalo you can hunt some of the small mobs like the snables and diakibas. also you could invest in some pixie armor.

as you skill you will want to hunt larger mobs, this may require larger weapons follow alices sib gun chart and you'll do fine, you will also more then likely need the pixie by this point and a vivo t1/vivo t5.

with only 15 usd depod per month you may have a problem doin much else in the hunting field, that is unless you get lucky, kinda like the lottery, but its the most fun of all the careers in EU...

you could also invest in some tt mining gear,(been a while since i used it so i forgot exact names). buy some probes/bombs do some exploring, hopefully do well enough to survive a month on 15 ped.

by second month you'll prolly need a different finder of sorts, ore/energy, you can keep on using same ole tt driller as this just takes more time but in general its cheaper...

also you can craft, generally starting with some filter blue prints which are very cheap to buy and then craft with. work with those for a few months sell what you make and buy other bps. this will work itself out you hope, eventually you may be skilled enough to use ore amp 101 cycleing hundreds of peds per hour, better hope its all profit or you wont be doing this on 15 usd per month lol

last and prolly your best solution is trading, trading is one of the best/hardest careers on callypso it takes patience and peds but with both you can profit garruteed. study the market see some trends and work with what you know and you could be the next biggest trader out there...

there are many things out there you can do depends on your abilities, and how much time you wanna put into the game. also depends on what your expectations of the game really are. could just roam, or kill stuff, or maybe youll be sociable, games all in your hands at this point.

good luck at what you do with your 15 usd, i promise it'll be better then a monthly subscription to WOW... :)

When you arrive at Planet Calypso here's what you should do:

- Get to know the Controls
(See the sign on the left for info!)

- Look for a Mentor
(There are quite alot of good one's at the Arrival Point, such as Alice)

- Ask your Mentor to take you to Swamp Camp
(Let him inform you on the Economy, Society's, EntropiaForum and current Sweat Rates)

- Sweat for a week, solid
(As said, this will provide important skills!)

Sell your Sweat, and get a weapon / FAP & Pixie Armor
(Opalo & Vivo T1, the Trade (Blue) Terminal Provides these without markup)

Head back for Swamp Camp & Hunt!
(Here you can hunt Daikiba's & Kerbero's wich are easy in Pixie!)

Do not TT items, unless they have 0.0% markup
(Better earn 1 / 2 PEC's then having earned nothing!)

With the PEDs you receive from Hunting...
(Hunt some more, get the 2000 Rifle skill mark, so you're Mentor-less)

After you finished Decipleship...
Start working on your entropia Career, build Friendships, do some Mining if you like that, or start your own Trading-business

Go to RL Meetings!
There's nothing more fun then to meet the faces from EU in Real Life, (and loot some Hogglo statues), there are meetings all over the world, people even fly across the ocean's to join on them!

nice thread! Use the Opalo till it`s maxed, then put Omegatron A101 on it. Hunt with that and vivo T1 from tt for a loong time(till 2k rifle skill). Also try to find teammates who do the same.

1. Go to the nearest Trade Terminal and buy the best weapon for a newbie which is Sollomate Opalo laser carbine.
2. Go to the nearest Auction and buy Omegaton A101 amplifier for energy weapons (it may look pricey to you now, but i will explain why it is a very good buy).
3. Hunt mobs that give average good MARKUP loot (in a team if you are too weak).
4. Learn to sell your loot for a good price (even the almost "TT food" loot like animal oils for example).
[edit]
5. Learn how to manage your money and how to have the necessary willpower to not to spend too much in a short period of time (this is really important, so maybe go and buy a book on it at Amazon.com ;) ).
6. ALWAYS first research, then spend, buy or sell.

Why Opalo + A101 ?
Because it is the best weapon + amplifier combo for a newbie.
You can research it on www.entropiatools.com weapon economy and power calculator:

Maxed Opalo+A101 = 2.841 damage dealt to your target per every PEC you spend.

Maxed Castorian EnKnuckles-A = only 2.649 dmg/pec

So...

With Opalo+A101 you can kill 1000 Daikiba Youngs * 30 health points = 30000 HP / 2.841 = for 10559.66 PEC

And with Enknuckles-A it is 30000 / 2.649 = 12150.66 PEC

That's 1591 PEC or 15.91 PED saved !

:)

[edit]

Some other posters suggested to buy the A101 AFTER maxing the Opalo...

My first quest for you is:

Go to Entropiatools and enter your CURRENT stats on Opalo and click "add row", then attach A101 to it and add another row and tell me why using A101 right from the start is a much better idea.

Last edited:
HUNTING

1st month 145 peds
- Buy Vivo T1 from TT 9 peds
- Sweat for 2 hours everyday for the whole month(heal yourself with the vivo when u get killed, if theres a healer around, make use of it). 20 days of play, 2 hours a day = 40 hours of sweating = minimum of 10000 sweat = 40 peds

2nd month 136(saved from previous month)+40(sweat)+145(new deposit)=321 peds + some medical skills and defensive skills
-Buy opalo 3,8 ped + amp 101 18(tt)+75 ped and another vivo T1 9 peds
- Hunt snables and sabakumas between Billys and Camp Phoenix for 2 weeks 2 hours a day - do runs of 50 ped (hunting for 20 hours like this = max loss 150 ped)
- Get Teleport to Twin Peaks and Fort Argus
- Hunt snables and exos at argus for a week (10 hours, max loss of 50ped)
- collect more TPs

3rd month 15(leftover from previous month)+145 = 160 peds
- Buy goblin armor (30 ped with full tt)
- Hunt the rest of the peds at argus, now also doing snarksnots

(my numbers are the worst case scenario, u should do better)

Do this for a while until u have around 2000 Rifle, then switch to Pistols, when p4a is maxed, hunt combibos till p5a is maxed, when u max that one, buy shogun armor+3bs and move on to drones, after u max HL6 go for atrox.... and by that time u should understand what u can, and should do...

Last edited:
- When you decide to go on a "run" in a chosen profession, think it through first before committing to it. Once your plan has been formulated and you have started, stick with it unless some new evidence otherwise suggests that your original plan may not be as profitable.

- End on a good loot. If you global early on for 500 PED and you were breaking even before that, you profited 500 PED. If you spend 5,000 PED and get 5,100 back in loot, you only profited 100 PED. Knowing when to quit and knowing when to stick with it are equally important.

- Have fun! When you are entertained you are generally more focused and aware of your environment, meaning greater efficiency in a profession and less chance of missing out on something good. Patience and confidence in your abilities will yield rewards, while negativity will detract from both your enjoyment and your PED card.

- Network. The most successful players in every profession are continuously interacting with other avatars and taking in as much information and advice as possible. What could take years to figure out on your own could be accomplished in months with the help of others, saving countless amounts of PEDs. If something isn't working out for you, be willing to try a different way, even if it means abandoning a method you thought worked very well. Being stubborn may preserve your pride, but it will hurt your PED card.

- Try everything, yet concentrate on what you excel at. Some people have a knack for profiting in certain professions while they have trouble in others. If you don't at least try everything, you may be missing out on a great opportunity. Once you have a feel for the different professions be sure not to spread yourself too thin, although you will want to balance your activities and concentrate on one profession when returns on another are lacking.

1) put aside your 15$
2) log in , go sweating,find fruit and stone , find mentor , do tp run
3) with bit money gain from sweating , try different profession like mining , hunting...
4) find some soc , read forum , learn about game.
5) now thats some month you put your money aside , so you might have like 45 or more $ , deposit all in 1 big batch , and buy the item you need according to the main profession you choose...you should have also enough money to do consistent run at least 200ped amo for small gun, or 200 ped bomb( if you can go for bigger number specially in hunting).. since doing small little run conduct always to big loss.
Try to sell what you loot for fair price.

Most of noob that fail to game and run away , is because they deposit to fast...they dont understand the basic mechanism of the game and mindless wise-less waste money.Its better to wait some time before first deposit , and be able to enjoy plain-full all ped from it.

My take on it would be a little different.

For the first month, I wouldn't deposit at all, or deposit the $15 and leave it on the PED card/in storage.

Use this month to get all the tp's, sweat as much as you can and get some basic skills. The sweat can be sold, or kept until you have more to sell.

To my mind there is little point in buying any equipment until you've passed the super-noob stage at the start, if economy is your "theme".

Although many will say we are always skilling, always learning, a few skill points in evade, a little extra health and the knowledge you get from walking the world unassisted is a better starting point for a trade or profession than buying stuff on day one. It also gives you an idea of how much things are worth when you see how long it takes to sweat yourself a few PED.
If sweating is not for you (some have less patience than others) then prepare yourself for a more expensive (but faster) training period than those who don't mind a few days sweating to supplement their PED levels. Either way, it's still worth sweating for a month; it's free skills with profit after all.

Second month, if all is going well, buy pixie/goblin/gnome if you want to die less, and the appropriate weapon/items for training in your chosen trade. This won't cost much. You still have $15 from the month before and the purchases mentioned above should still leave you with that and about $5-10 from the second month.
This will pay for ammo costs (on starter weapons such as the Opalo or Isis CB5) and decay for a good amount of hunting time per month.

For your first six months or so, build slowly, buy sensibly and learn how best to play to get the enjoyment you require. Sell your loot with care, don't tt small amounts of things that could make you some more money in a bigger stack later on. A small FAP such as the FAP-5 is no good for during a fight, but saves a lot of time and inconvenience by cheaply getting your health back up before you meet the mobs again.

That's the thing; many things are offered for sale, most improve your gaming experience; but while most will save you TIME, very few will save you MONEY. It's this time/money prioritising that sets folk apart in EU. To get the most out of the game, you should seek to find a set-up that allows you to play, saves you the time you wish, but doesn't cost you loads of PED for the improvement.

So for the next few months:

Take part in any event you can; join a society if you find one that you like the look of, and be nice. This is the social side that makes everything a lot easier.

Try to keep a little back wherever possible to pay for upgrades (reward your avatar for all that hard work) and save these moments for as long as you can bear. To get all the toys at once makes for a bored player.

To me, the day of reckoning is when you have 2000 skill level in one or more areas; this is when you can reward yourself with a few upgrades; a panic weapon (big but not too cheap to use), better armour (shogun-ghost-bear isn't a bad route) and a combat FAP such as the 50, 80 or EMK 2600. A teleport chip is also near invaluable.

From there, just hope for a good loot or two and keep smiling:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Simple guide for usd 15 pr. month

Explore the universe
- Run, jump, look and chat a lot. Find all the hidden areas in this huge place.
- Meet all the inhabitants.

Collect free stuff
- Sweat, find fruit and dung.
- Get a good mentor (yes - its free)

Buy newb gear from the Trade Terminal
- Start shooting or mining the cheapest possible way.
- Its fun to hunt and mine. Wait a little on the crafting part.

Sell loot and sweat quickly
- dont waste your time barking for ½pecs. Get it rolling and get trade wize.

Build a network
- Join a friendly but small society, find good friends. Both oldies and newbees.

Read Alice's Guide for beginners, and this forum
- It will let you in on all the secrets, quirks and routines :cool:

Stay cool!
- Its important to have good karma in Entropia

:wtg:

ive been working on my guide recently and updated it and have a small part, currently with the figure "3" as headline, about what to do

so thats my suggestions to that topic

about the "advertising purposes"

lose the "tired of killing monsters and not getting paid" ped certifates and to tell people they earn money easily

so asking about how ppl suggest to play for a small monthly deposit is a good start

the real fun thing about that is that EU is dynamic, so you can't make a 100% statement, especially nothing 100% described

say i would say
"if you want to deposit less, hunt drones for gazz" and likely gazz price would be lowered by some %

either way, to my tips

-simply don't tt anything if you can afford and try to sell for markup
-don't go to fast and want progress too fast, fast progress->expensive
-now something which may seem a bit cheeky, especially for MA staff, but i have to say it
don't trust anything in the weapon stats info, especially not the weapon stats
"durability" average, doesn't tell you scratch about the usefulness of a weapon, as it just describes the tt very roughly and gives a wrong impression anyway
so has a maddox4 a pretty good durability, but is still way less eco than several blades who say "average" in the durability

the other main point about weapon info which is a plain lie and/or it is cheeky from MA to put it
the "recommended level"
which tells for non SIB stuff "0", to fool ppl into using them
for SIB stuff it tells you the SIB start, however, the eco at that point is a disaster until it is maxed, so recommending that is also a bit cheeky

so hint to frank, get rid of the recommended level

-don't give your stuff away without collateral, else you won't see it again
any genuine person will understand that
that is especially true as we don't have a system to loan stuff yet, which solve many of those problems already (another hint)

-don't go too big too early
although it may seem prove needed to show advancement with hunting bigger mobs, that isn't true
actually, hunting big mobs will require higher armor to stay alive, but that doesn't add more thrill to stay alive on say a lower mob unamored

so don't see advancement in going bigger necessarily, but doing things you did more efficiently as you advance

--
thats it so far from me :)

1: Take the time to research. The Planet Calypso community is one of the best ones out there and will give you great advice on playing economically and gearing up appropriately to your level. Be sure to check out the Planet Calypso main site, read Alice's guide, familiarize yourself with entropiawiki.com, and read the information in the newcomer section on EF.

2: Find a good mentor, and a beginner society with more experienced members who know the game and enjoy helping newcomers. Within my first week after reading I should get a mentor, I searched around Swamp Camp, and found somebody with armour who was answering questions. I started a PM with him asking "Will you be my mentor?"
He did not become my mentor, but he called in a friend, and took me on a massive TP run spending hours helping me with the game. I still have them on my Friends List :) (Lester and Mercutio:)

3: Don't feel rushed to upgrade armor and gear. The beginning is all about gaining skills, and becoming comfortable with the game. There will always be better weapons and armor to buy, but if you are playing on a budget it's more important to have the PED available to maintain an activity level you enjoy.

4: Make exploration a regular activity. The landscape, and the mobs may seem intimidating at first (Tantillions, and Maffoids were my greastest bane).. but dying does not cost anything, and chances are you will gain some useful skills by dying, and new areas.
Also, while exploring you might find fruit and stones on the ground that cost nothing to collect, but can help you with your gaming budget.

5. Take advantage of the free and low cost player events that members of our community create. Some members of our community make events specifically for the new player to learn about the community in a fun and hands on way, and give them some help. Anywhere from massive tp runs, Opalo hunts with 60 plus members, and trivia events.

6. Remember to treat everyone you meet with respect. Sometimes people starting a new game make assumptions (i.e. that really helpful person must be an NPC) and it won't go over well.
Also, underneath the branch of respect... asking strangers for free items or PED is frowned upon.

7. Don't sweat the Atrox while on a TP run ;)

Last edited:
Hi,
I'd like to start this thread and ask people for their best tips for starting Planet Calypso with a monthly budget of US$15.

- Get an account on Entropiaforum
- Take a look at: www.entropiawiki.com
- Read Alice’s Guide

- Get to know the Controls
- Look for a Mentor and or join a good Society
- Sweat for a few days to get familiar with your new environment
- Get some new teleporters solo and also run some with Soc. Members/ other Avatars or your Mentor.
- Spend some time at auction (Just to see whats goes around in Eu and at what prices)
- Sell your Sweat and buy an Opalo and a Vivo from the Trade terminal
- Go to Billies,Phoenix,Atlas and swunt Snables after they are sweated dry kill them with your Opalo (Snables are pretty easy to kill without Armor and they loot armor parts which can be used for youre next step up)
- Save up all your Loot in Storage with a markup above 102%
- Keep repeating this untill u maxed the Opalo

constructive...OK, I'll try

1. Find a society you can trust.

2. Have the society suggest a mentor that they trust.

3. Sweat Morning Noon and Night.

4. Get a weapon, tt of course, kill little mobs..(Opalo of course, max it out, get an amp,)

5. Get another weapon, (not an Opalo) ask you society what is best for your stage at present.

If you do the above you will stay inside of 15 bucks a month.

Now to be frank..don't know if this is constructive...

If you like doing the same thing over and over, if you like being boared, then the above will work just fine...but the important word is boring..

I put in 500 bucks a month and have done so for the past 4+ years...I hunt big mobs and lose my ass, I use 109 Ore amps and lose my ass. If I know how to make money (other then re-selling) in this game, I'd do it. I really don't know why I still play...(yes I do, have to much invested already)

Sorry, its gambling, plain and simple (yes I know to many here, it not, but flame away, I'm use to it)

I really don't see how anyone will be 'happy' with only 15 bucks a month, I really don't

Lotte...

Buy low, sell high...

Almost every trade tutorial will tell you to buy low, sell high.

My advice is to take that to the extreme, and NEVER pay more than TT value for something if possible.... then take what you buy at TT value and make money off of it... The ways to do this would be person to person trading mostly, or utilization of some existing tools - Mainly STTS.

Then, once you get yourself a steady profit stream, even if it's not a large amount of profits, keep doing that... Don't hunt/mine/craft, etc. until you have a very steady profit stream and are only using at max, 50% of the profits you make from trading in doing these costly professions which may or may not get you anything as a return on investment. If you are careful with how you do things you won't burn through money fast. If you are not careful, you can burn through money very quickly.

When I first strated out, I mainly used 2x0 axe and hunted for about 2 months. I burned through a couple of hundred US Dollars very quickly.

Later, I had some technical problems, and lost my connection to EU for about 9 months until I upgraded my computer. After that I re-logged in and decided to focus on trading. I started small buying blueprints off of a crafting friend at TT prices and selling them for very cheap - about 5-50 pec each. That was not much money, but even at 5 pecs, since the bps were worth 1 pec each, I was making 500% profits.

Later, I lost contact with that friend, but got in to STTS. I started buying things off of other avatars and the auction at TT prices to feed in to STTS. I still do this today sometimes. I should warn you though, it is not as fast of a profit as person to person trading because Josh, the guy running STTS, mainly sells in auctions, so that ties up his peds a lot of times, which in turn ties up the peds of his agents. I'm interested in starting something similar to STTS but that focuses on person to person trading... but so far that has not come about. Be careful if you do get in to the investment side of STTS. At the moment, it is safe, and I was one of the biggest investors in it when it first started up, but have since pulled most of my peds out of the investment side. MA does not guarantee anything like STTS so there is always possibilities for scams, even if great and friendly and reputable avatars like Josh are involved...

I have never been scammed STTS yet, and don't think anyone else has been, but STTS is somewhat similar to R&R Fund which does appear to have been a bit of a scam based on what I've read about it. I put the link here just for information purposes since it's good to see the bad as well as the good before you get involved in any sort of in game fund, especially since none of them are guaranteed to not be scams.

Before STTS existed, I thought about joining Entropia Investment Fund, but I decided that I did not want to get involved in it for a number of reasons. It's a bit more risky than STTS because it involves buying in to the fund prior to doing a lot of TT trading with the Fond Manager, like anyone can do with STTS whether they have an investment in STTS or not. Originally, when EIF first started there was a 90 day buyback guarantee, where investors would be returned their original investment + any profits made after 90 days. That guarantee no longer exists, and the main reason for that is that EIF has made some very large purchases, which may or may not end up being profitable in a long while... They bought a couple of LAs, a mall shop, and a hanger, all of which are items that have a TT value of zero. If market value drops below the level that they purchased those items at, they will lose money on it. EIF has thus turned itself in to a very long term investment plan instead of a short term investment opportunity like STTS is currently.

Eventually, I joined a new trading society, NBK Entrepreneurs (a great society by the way for anyone that wants to get focused mainly in the economic side of the game). Many of the folks in our society are trading gurus since that's our main profession in game. We have a large number of shop owners and regular person to person traders that can be found at Port Atlantis, Twin Peaks, and CND's Control Room most days in our ranks, as well as the website owner of http://www.entropiabay.com, one of potentially the best trade websites related to EU that exists today.

Besides investigating STTS you might want to get involved in various consignment shops - that is shops that buy at TT value, sell, and pay you back profits later. The best consignment shop I've found in game is currently run by my society mate, Nihilist. Dead Man's Plunder is the name of his shop and it's in Port Atlantis Mall.

There are a large number of ways to keep yourself on a budget in EU. I did make a very large deposit not long ago, and have kept most of the peds involved in that at the level it was or at a higher level than it was since that time by being careful with my spending and buying smartly. If you are careful, and patient, you can do likewise, and possibly do better than me. Just remember, TT Value of things is the only amount that is more or less a price that you can be guarnteed to get back. Spending more than that will get you things faster, but it also comes with potential risks.

Eventually, I'm thinking about turning my Booth - Omegaton Delta Tower, Booth #3, in to a consignment shop, where I can play a role similar to the role that great folks like those involved in Dead Man's Plunder and STTS have played in my avatar's life. However, I have not worked out all the details of that yet. If you are interested in getting in to something like that shoot me a pm.

Other ways to make profits besides trading is mainly sweating and fruit/stone gathering. Forget about the rig unless you are brave and plan on wasting a lot of time for little payback since the rig is a PvP zone, and the odds of you getting there and actually getting oil before you die are not very good.

If you get in to sweating, go get the Neas TP. Actually, you should go get all the TPs, but for sweating this one is important at the moment since that's where most sweaters go to work together to gather sweat, and is also where various avatars sometimes go to heal or give focus bubbles to avatars that are sweating for free! :) Just be aware that sweating is not a fast profit. On average, you can get about 1000 bottles of sweat in about a 5 hour span of time if all you do is sweat at Neas. It is highly boring, but it is a profit since you can sell sweat for at a rate of around 5 ped for 1000 sweat currently. That price may go down eventually... That means you can basically get paid 50 cents for 5 hours of work if sweating is your main profession. Like I said, not a lot of profit, but it is more than nothing I guess. Trading has the potential to give faster profits if you do it carefully. Finding stones/fruit is a lot slower than sweating since you can't just know where to go to find the stuff, like you can at Neas with sweat. On average, if you walk a long ways, you can expect to maybe find some stones or fruit once every 15-30 minutes of walking, and the amount you find will vary greatly, but rarely be more profitable than sweating at neas is.

Other various funds exist other than those I've mentioned here... but the ones I've mentioned here are the main ones that I'm aware of that actually had the potential to work well. I have heard that Pirate's fund is ok, but that at some point in time, there was a loss on it. The now defunt OT I fund was doing ok too, but it broke up eventually.... That was an in society fund related to the OT I society. I've never been in that society but knew some freinds that used to be in there. I have no idea if that still exits in some new form or not. Entropia Holdings does not exist, even though it still has a website. You can do a search here in the forums about mmabigshow for more info on that. I have no idea if the guy that run that plans to come back in game. He originally had some interesting ideas, and brought his ideas to the public here in the forums, and got heavily chewed out by a lot of folks after one auction he did didn't work out to well, and after a lot of people kept expecting far more out of him than they should have. Be very careful about posting things here in the forums because at times people can be very mean and hurtful even if they don't always intend to be. That first W on WWW in front of entropiaforum.com means World. There's an entire World of avatars here in the forums and in EU as well - anyone in the world could be the avatar standing next to yours. Just like in the real world, precautions should sometimes be taken, especially when real world money might become involved in some way.

DON'T buy armor too soon, especially if you don't have all the TPs yet. It will just cause you decay costs. If you do have some peds on you, but don't have all the TPs yet, a better investment would be a lesser teleport chip, the TT implant to make it work, the TT inserter to put that implant in, and some peds to pay for mindforce and repair bill on the chip. That way you can mainly run around without armor to find all TPs, and if you do get trapped somewhere and can't get past a mob at a certain location, you can use the TP chip to jump past the trouble area. Just be careful to not over-use it since you really don't want to waste a lot of peds on mindforce that you don't need to in an easy area where you can just run past by going in a different direction and circling around the mob. Unfortunately, there are some areas where if you are a n00b with no armor, and no TP chip, you can get stuck for days if you don't get a rescue party to help you. A TP chip is helpful in those times. I actually use some of those locations to trap myself sometimes so that I can stay there a few days and stay away from the auction since I have a bit of a auction addiction - I basically bid on any auction where no one else has bid and start bid is TT value or lower. I usually lose the bid on those auctions since most times I will get overbid, but I do also win a lot of times. Sometimes, I have to go trap myself somewhere for a long time to keep myself from that addicting behavior. I should start an Auction Bidders Annonymous support group someday, lol. Besides trapping myself in the wilds to keep myself from this addiction, so that I get more peds on my card, I also sometimes go to New Switzerland and go upstairs in the lighthouse to just watch the machine turn and turn endlessly. It's kind of a silly thing to do, but it keeps me from that blasted auction room, bidding on stuff I will likely not win, putting all my peds in limbo til the auctions end.

I am interested in setting up TT Trading Alliances, where avatars trade items at TT prices to one another for the benefit of all involved - hunters get cheaper weapons and armor, estate owners get cheaper furniture, crafters get cheaper crafting supplies, miners get cheaper miner gear, and shop owners get cheaper things to sell than they could otherwise get by paying full market value on the auction. I started a TT Trading alliance a while back with the United Buyers Exchange Resource (U.B.E.R.) social group here on entropiaforum, but it has mostly died out due to lack of interest by various parties that were originally very interested in the idea, but lost interest when they discovered that they needed to put in some effort in meeting different avatars in game and/or actually offer things to others at TT value if they really wanted to get things at TT prices off of others... Trading is a two way street. You usually don't get too many discounts unless you offer something in return.

As was seen in the last Landgrab Event, Alliances do work very well in the virtual world of Entropia Universe. What I am interested in doing is taking that philosophy and applying it to the overall economy of the Entropia Universe. Working together we can achieve more than we can working as individuals in competition with one another. This is true both for battlefields as well as in the market place. PM me if you are interested in doing TT trading with me on some level.

I currently have an apartment that I've set up as a TT trading resource for the NBK group of societies, and for various other avatars that regularly TT me stuff. Basically I will allow you to buy things from me at TT prices if you are not in the NBK but regularly TT stuff to me in exchange. It sort of works like an in-game version of freecycle, with the difference being that instead of being free, things are traded at TT value, which is about the closest thing EU has to the concept of "free" as you can get TT value from anything back at the Trade Terminal... I currently have over 1k ped tied up in this idea, and plan on continuing to develop the idea over time in to something much grander than it is currently. However, I'm going to need people to help me out along the way, and will try to help them out as well. Eventually I want to create a team of dedicated traders that can use the items that I, and others that are involved, obtain at TT value as a supply line that the team of traders can use to trade with, profit from with almost no risk, and then share profits back - it would be similar to a consignment shop, but would be avatar based instead of shop based. Entropia Investment Fund proved that it is possible to do this sort of thing on a grand scale and profit. STTS proved that there is a lot of things people regularly sell to the TT that has some profit potential and that a lot of avatars are interested in this kind of program.... What I plan to do is take the ideas I've learned by watching funds like STTS and EIF grow, and watching their mistakes as well, and expand on their good ideas, learn from their mistakes, but do so with the person to person trading market instead of just keeping things all tied up in one shop area or avatar like EIF does, where things might sit a long while with no one looking at them, or in the auction like STTS does, where auction fees are being paid regardless of whether anyone actually bids. There are very active traders in the ore/enmatter markets that are regularly trading things daily at a number of different locations.... some of which do so by acting more or less as an avatar based consignment shop that is in various trade agreements with certain miners... I think that there is potential to take that idea and expand it in to other niche markets as well....

Last edited:
Just one, but very important advice to new player, do not treat EU as a work, or money opportunity. Treat it as fun. This will help a lot.

Also 15 peds should last quite long if you:
- find a good, ACTIVE society, which speaks your language (it may be not so obvious as it looks like)
- get a GOOD mentor, not the first one who offer you discipling. Mentor can show you a lot of things, help to discover teleports, help you in almost EVERY aspect of EU. Mentor can also help you with basic equipment sometimes ;)
- SWEAT, hard sweating at beginning is good because of many reasons, skills, contacts with other avas, it also learns patience, wchich is one of the keys to the success here.
- read forums, search for your country community UE site, you can find a lot of worthy informations out there
- general rule is DO NOT CRAFT at the beginning, well there are few lucky newbies, but its very possible you lose your money in a minute :)

Last edited:
I've been playing with out depositing so far. Mostly because I have a wedding to be in this weekend and that will eat up a few hundred dollars and a school reunion next weekend with will also eat up a few hundred dollars. So I legitimately have 0 budget to spend on this game at the moment. That being said I enjoy the fact you can play this game for free if you don't have the money at the moment.

Anyways here is how my experience has went so far.

Week 1 - Sweating at sweat camp, also did some small tp runs. Very helpful people there who will take you on tps and are also good about heals.

Week 2 - I tried some Swunting with the money I had made week one. It was effective way to gain combat skills and not lose any ped, if you make sure you get enough sweat to pay for your ammo loss that your loot did not cover.

Week 3 - I tried a mini mining run with 40 probes, just to see if I liked it. I actually did like it better than I did hunting. I however lost a lot of ped doing it. So it is not something I will do again til I can deposit money.

Week 4 - Basically been sweating and wandering around getting tps. I also had a clan mate taking me with him on a mining run so I can learn that a bit better. Should be noted I don't have much ped but I'm still enjoying the game, but everybody enjoys it a bit different i'm sure. ^_^

Reactions: Ozi
1) Learn the controls and set them up in a way you are comfortable. Keep in mind that there will be many objects you will be using within EU (not just 5-10 as in many other games). I find it helpful to keep your First Aid kit on a key you won't EVER miss. Basic Directions found here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entropia-universe-tutorials/49026-controls-keymapping.html

2) Go onto EF and print out the maps for Eudoria and Amethera found here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...33-teleporters-complete-list-screenshots.html

3) Use the map to collect teleporters on the Eudorian continent. Don't be afraid to meet people as the friendships you make in the first week will often lead to long term friendships within Entropia. Please keep in mind that Entropia is geared to mirror real life. Some people will be your best friends and some will be your worst enemies. You wouldn't give someone you don't know $20 in real life so don't do it here. Treat people with respect and be trustworthy and you'll find that similar people will gravitate towards you.

4) After collecting the teleporters you can begin to consider a deposit. I'd say think of it as though you're buying a game. A new game costs around $40-60. Just because you're now a wealthy person with your newfound 400-600 peds doesn't mean you should just start spending them on anything and everything you find. You need to do research about the items first!

The 3 best places I've found to do research about items:
www.entropiawiki.com
The Auction inside Entropia
Buying/Selling Threads on Entropia Forum

5) Now that you have a bunch of fresh PEDS and a bit of knowledge regarding prices, you can safely consider a profession to go forward with. You should constantly check your professional standing vs. what items are available to you on the www.entropiawiki.com site.

Another helpful tool for locating mining and hunting locations is the PE Assistant located here:

http://pe.jongma.org/download.php

Checking the monster locations with their health and damage potential vs. your current weapon and health will help you determine what monsters you can tangle with.

6) Don't try to kill things which are too big for you. If you feel like you've bitten off more than you can chew, you probably have. You'll find that the harder the fight the more chance for you to lose your PEDS in a hurry. You can of course hit it big on these mobs but you're drastically reducing your chances of lasting for the long haul by doing this.

7) Try a lot of professions. There are many things to do here in EU. If you don't try multiple professions you won't get the full experience. This doesn't mean throw your money into everything you see. Trying professions often costs very little if you do it at the lowest levels. You can get advice from the higher players in each profession simply by paying attention to who is doing what on the hof boards.

If you're not sure who the most knowledgable people are in each profession you can try the entropia tracker website found here:

www.entropiatracker.com

8) Find your niche. Having tried all the professions you'll soon figure out what your favorite direction is. Try to specialize in that profession (while still tinkering in other professions from time to time). You have to keep in mind that people have been around Entropia for 7-8 years so you're not easily going to catch them; however, with some hard work and dedication you can learn from them and become the CE2 new age legend.

Think most of the good advice has been given. Only thing i have to add is don't sweat. The main reason for depositing is advancing a bit quicker, so there really is no use in sweating.

Start with the tt stuff for both hunting and mining. Opalo for hunting can keep you entertained for hours. (didn't we just see a thread about opalo spider hunting?) enmatter stuff for mining (is cheaper).

Don't start with the tt stuff for crafting unless you craft for yourself. The tt value of the blueprints is kinda high on a 150 ped budget, better buy some high qr filters/dampers bp to get the feel of it first.

Make friends, join a soc, hunt together (= half the armor decay), hunt mobs for pixie and goblin parts, explore and find all teleports so you can reach good hunting/mining grounds quickly.

Read entropiaforum, but more importantly entropedia, don't take anything that is said on these two websites for granted, but keep using your own mind.

Since your armor and tools will decay, you will have to try and cover that decay by your loots. This is hard unless you are lucky, key to this is markup, try and gather stuff to big quantities and then sell it on the auction or on the streets. Unfortunately with 150 peds you can't really reach big piles of loot before you have to sell some of it to get more ammo.

Don't die when hunting, it's a waste of ammo.

Don't try to be a shop owner/ pilot/ beautician from the start, some professions are more expenisve and require more knowledge then others.

Don't use your last ped on a shiny new gun, since every new gun will also need ammo ;)

Don't worry too much about spending the peds, you get 150 new ones each month. Since you can easily break even in the game with markup, try and spend the 150 new peds on other toys (mining amps/ gun amps/ new armor/ small beacon mission for your soc/ bigger gun)

1. Before depositing take advantage of the freebies(sweat,stones,fruit, and dung) while learning the game mechanics. This will earn you some ped and get yourself familiar with EU. Its entirely up to the individual but finding a good mentor helps a great deal as well. I know when I do mentor the right person I help them out by paying ME price for their collected sweat up to a point.

2. Take a serious look at the main professions and choose one that you think will be a good fit. Gather as much information as you can about your profession. Make use forums and your mentor if you have one.

3. Make a plan how you are going to approach your profession. Plan should include a budget on how much you are willing to spend daily. Remember to stick to your budget.

4. All of your budgeting and planning will force your to learn the most vital part of EU, the RCE. Research what is in demand and what you can gather to make your monthly deposit stretch.

5.Realize that there will be good and bad cycles associated with you avatar and prepare for them. Make mini goals like reaching a set amount of skill or gathering a certain amount of stones with respect to you avatars level. Small reachable goals give you something to strive for and a sense of accomplishment early on.

6. Through the entire process make sure you are having fun. A $15 dollar per month budget in EU can be tough but a very rewarding goal to make it stretch as long as possible.

7.Your avatar will grow and with growth comes more open doors. Some are good and some are not. Along the way you will encounter tough times and great challenges so you need to ask yourself if you are up to those challenges and will you find that niche that works for you instead of against you.

Remember have fun and welcome to Entropia Universe.
Posted via Mobile Device

The first step is to find yourself a mentor.

The entropia universe is massive and if you mannage to find a mentor who lives in the same timezone as you then the help you will receive from him/her is inavluable.

Secondly talk to some people and find out about the game from the people that have played it already. You will find the existing colonists of planet calypso to be more than entertaining of new players who are serious about exploring the entropia universe.

Thirdly chose a profession. From the people you have met and the information you have gained chose a profession and ask your mentor about the best way to graduate and progress in that field.

Join a society with similar goals to yours. If you ask around people will usually be able to point you in the direction of a society that has goals which are alligned to yours. Once again the information you will gain is priceless and the extra fun that you will have within a society is what this game is all about.

Most importantly have fun with it. At the end of the day were all here to enjoy our to so whatever you chose make sure it is something that you will enjoy. If you find you aren't having fun then swap it up and try something different. The boundries within entropia universe are limitless and you will always be able to find soemthing new and exciting to do.

First i want to say spend the money wisely from start.
Dont spend the peds on clothes/appartements etc from start wait until u got more "meat on your legs" :)
And afterwards i think that u shall treat TT machine as the last resort, try to save the tt-food and sell it in a big bulk with a few % more (some ppl have 101% but that is better than 100%) :)
Use your ingame friends in tp-runs, make sure not giving anything in a "loan" or upgrading the armor (that is one common thing scammers do to gain peds)
If you want some proofs about someone trying to scam u, allways make screenies of it.
When you are ingame, make sure that you dont use non sib weapons or buy armor like settler (yeah its cheap but i recommend pixie from start) Maybe buy some 2a plates.
Mobs - Hunt daikiba young with opalo (and if you can afford amp a101 use that because it doesnt make an extra amoburn like ex 102 and so on) and upgrade to daikiba old on "SC" Sweatcamp N of Port atlantis and when you have "Not anymore" on learning period damage and hit/crit then u can upgrade the rifle to Breer M1 and so.

Use vivo t5 from TT and use it to heal yourself because it is one hard thing getting skills in, good to have if you have "Healer" as a profession and only heal people further in your gameplay.

Make Entropia Universe to something FUN and make good friends (mentioned before you will get lifetime friends ingame) :)
Do not expect getting a profit from the beginning and try to find your own gamestyle.

If you want, then I can help you ingame with tp-runs and other things.

Do not forget one thing, a certain unwritten rule " NEVER EVER BEG FOR PEDS/GEAR" That will make you unpopular and thats one thing you dont want in the future. :)
GL in the future and Hope you get a wonderful ingametime! :)
Best regards BB

IMO $15 a month can work for a few months after that no way its gonna work no matter what anyone says unless your doing something else like being a re-seller to make $ or you will need to increase your deposits. You can not even buy a full TT H400 for $15.

A team hunt with enough players that don't have much other than opalos + a101 can easily take down some eomons under the right conditions... nuff said. It is possible to play at 15.00 a month deposit or less, it just takes brains to figure out how to make the money last long enough.

If you're on a *tight* budget, don't bother with (L) weapons.

No your avatar won't gain skills as rapidly, but by using TT items like the Solomate Opalo or the olf FAP 5 that are repairable, you can opt to repair in small increments to keep items just barely serviceable when funds run low.

Welcome to Calypso :wave: There's a lot of great advice above. Let me add another flavor.

There's literally 10,000s of ways to play this game. On a $15/month budget or less, there's still 1,000s. Finding your own path is 99% of the fun. :D

Look around. Have fun. Keep in mind that sweating, gathering fruit, etc. are slow and boring for a reason. They are the "try it before you buy it" part of the game.

Keep in mind that making mistakes in EU can cost you real money. If your budget is tight, you won't be able to charge into every situation at reckless speed as you can in other games.

However, in the beginning, the most common mistakes may only cost you less than a penny. So no need to be too paranoid.

But also, because you have real money, scammers and thieves will try to trick you into giving them things without paying for them. Be aware of this and everything should be fine.

As you play more, you'll find your knowledge and avatar's skills naturally growing and you can do more things with increasing proficiency. You may find your inventory of items increasing without even realizing it.

Unlike other games, this one is about two major things

• Money
  • Learning

Doing one in excess can improve the other.

Again welcome to Calypso and happy hoffing. :)

Last edited:
Be aware that 15$ won't get you the same progress each month. Especially when you progress.

Status
Back