START SMART - Making the most of your PED

Status
Here is my simple plan to how to survive on 150 PED a month the unfortunate part is if everyone would use this method then it wouldn't work. Fortunetly nobody has the patience needed to do it.

1. Don't buy anything until you have a good understanding of your controls, how the economy works (i.e market values) and how people talk.
2. Acquire all teleporter locations. This is so that you have many places to hunt or mine from. As for crafting in different places i've never been able to figure out if it makes a difference.
3. In between getting teleporters gather some sweat. Not just for the extra money but for the free skills you gain. Skills gained like evade that helps you dodge attacks from creatures will help save you money later.
4. Do not start hunting unless you have time to hunt/mine long enough to get to at least a near profit margin. Along with keep a close eye on how much you've looted. For example if you know you have really only another 1/2hr to an hour left of personal time to play but you notice now your at a profit or near profit level. now is the time to quit. Make sure you have enough ammo or probes/bombs to last too. I recomend at least 80 PED of ammo or mining gear.
5. Pay attention to time and area you are hunting in. Personally i find certain days (i.e friday to sunday) are not good hunting days at least my "odds" are better on other days of getting good loot. I resurve those days for trading and hunt/mine the other days. Also if you are in an area and not finding much loot like like only 30% of creatures give you loot then re-locate and try to find an area where at least 70% are giving you loot.
6. Tradeing is an asset. Every penny counts when your on a budget so try to make friends and find people to sell things to mabey not at max markup but just a little bit of markup. Personally i try to sell all my ores and enmatters i find to Lebanner even if he gives me only 100% for some commons things i trade everything to him most of the time.
7. Make friends friends help becasue you can sometimes just hunt in teams and maybe not profit but your ammo goes farther and it last longer and still just be worth loosing for the fun factor. Also friends can help you find deals on items.

(*side note* MA needs to make it so you dont have to do this somehow as it's not always fun.) I think people would be happy if they spend and lost there whole 150 PED a month and didn't gain anything as long as it could last that long.

Every disciple of mine that has followed this route to the point of graduation has profited. One made over 10K PED and NEVER deposited.

P.S. I'd like it if MA could work with the community especially the mentors to have some sort of plan of helping all the new people that will try Entropia with VU 10.0

The Hunting Path

EDIT: I meant to call it A Hunting Path because there are more than one.

The key is to be patient and learn as much as you can.

Sweating to learn the controls and get some free skills is wise. Go on TP runs, go exploring, and get away from Sweat Camp (The sooner you escape, the better.)

Do you want to hunt? Buy an Opalo(gun) and a Vivo(healing tool) from any Trade Terminal. Use the Vivo as little as possible. Use the rest of your money as bankroll, and spend it on ammo.

Hunt young Exarasaurs (there are some east of Port Atlantis), and Snablesnots (Atlas Haven is good). Work on looting a full set of Pixie armor. Sweat them until they attack, or are dry, then kill them. This will slow down your hunting and the sweat will supplement your loot.

Keep all of your loot (except ammo) in storage until you have spent all of your bankroll. Repair your Opalo and Vivo after each hunt, so you see exactly what your hunt cost, it's a good habit to get into. The same thing applies to your armor when you start wearing it.

When you have cycled though your whole bankroll, see how much of your loot you can sell for a little markup. Try selling on the street, selling to traders, and using the auction, just for the experience. Sell as little to the Trade Terminal as you can, and get as much markup from your loot as is reasonably possible, although it won't be much at first.

Now repeat the cycle. Your skills will improve, your knowledge will grow, and you will begin accumulating some gear. Try hunting different mobs and in different places. If your bankroll has grown, invest in a little gear, or try a little mining while you hunt (enmatters at first). If your bankroll is shrinking, keep shooting as much as you can. Keep hunting small mobs that you can kill a lot of, and that don't kill you very often. Don't forget to keep exploring.

You are on your way....

:beerchug:

Miles

P.S. The "don't spend your money, save it all up for a few months" strategy is good, but I felt this was more in the spirit of Frank's request.

Last edited:
Start taking notes and more notes and then some more notes again.
When is an area looting good etc, take notes about everything. Weapon used loot gained etc etc.

Also IF you decide to belive in the skillgain theory, ie that skillgains tell you where loot is. Try to start figuring out what skills mean and how the system works. Easiest to start with is mining.

Advice for the $15 per month EU player

Congratulations! You have found the Entropia Universe and if you are reading this then you have already downloaded the game and created your account or you are thinking about doing so in the near future.

Some of what you have heard is true:
Yes the game's economy is all real money
Yes some people have been able to earn a lot of money
Yes you missed the initial ground floor opportunity
Yes you can LOSE money in the Entropia Universe
Yes some have put nothing in and taken out tens of thousands of USD
Yes there still is opportunity.

As a new player in the Entropia Universe you will want to see and do everything to get a taste for it but the problem is that in many ways the Entropia Universe is a lot like the real world... Entertainment, transportation, etc all cost money. Furthermore, this is REAL money as a result it does not grow on trees as they say. The Entropia Universe is not the kind "game" that you play for a few weeks or a few months and then stop, it’s an ongoing thing that is meant to be played for years. Immediate gratification is not often found in the EU unless you deposit big and play big. Remember though, if you play big you can also lose big… just like real life I suppose.

In the Entropia Universe (like real life) it’s better to play smart. Even if you can afford to deposit $500-$1000 per month every month it is probably not sustainable over the course of a couple of years. Yes it’s possible to hunt, mine, and craft profitably, but it is very hard to do it on a consistent basis over the long term, especially if you don’t have the financial wherewithal to get yourself through the inevitable (and long) slumps. Because of that you have to learn how to play smart. When I talk about "playing smart" I am not talking about hunting, mining, or crafting economically, I am talking about developing a revenue stream in game to make your game play self-sufficient or at least semi self-sufficient. Those who have developed ways to economically sustain themselves in game are the ones who will be here several years from now and they will be at the top. With an in-game revenue stream, even if you can no longer afford to deposit money you will still be able to continue your game play and in an emergency you can cash out and help pay for things that come up in real life if you need to.

When I tell people about creating a revenue stream in game, my advice often gets dismissed because they think “Oh I can’t do that” or “that’s for other people” or “I’m not smart enough” or “I don’t have enough money to do that” or whatever other kind of excuse people can think of. Like in real life, success only comes to a small minority of people, even if you give them the specific instructions.

If you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.
-Henry Ford

You don’t have to be smart to be successful in the EU, nor do you have to be rich, nor do you have to be lucky. Some of my biggest competitors are also some of the “least sophisticated” people I have met in my life and if they can do it then you can do it. I will tell you how specifically how to get started and touch on how to expand from there.

First things first

About me:

I have played the Entropia Universe on and off since October of 2005. In my first months in the Entropia Universe I deposited thousands of dollars and blew almost all of it because I approached the game in a way where I was depending on luck.

I have had an in-game revenue stream since early 2006. In early 2006 Mind Ark introduced shops to the game. I was the second person to win a shop in auction and the first person to have their shop open in the Entropia Universe. Because of that, the first shop sale ever in the history of the game came from my shop and it was 100 Mind Essence for 3 PED as a test sale to someone who had walked in. Here is the thread from early 2006 and you can see my reply to it a few posts down. The shop featured in the picture was my shop.

First Shops Sold

Since that point I have had a revenue stream in the EU and I have used it to fund my game play, pay for the incidental expenses in building the largest organization in the EU (the NBK) and also to just have fun in the EU without putting a burden on my real life budget. I have deposited, withdrawn, and deposited again. For me specifically the EU is entertainment but I also like making PED... it’s a challenge and its real.

Getting started

Ok now let’s get into the meat and potatoes and talk specifics.

If you were to go to the store and buy a video game then you would probably spend $50 USD on it and you would play it for 4-8 weeks. So let’s base this off of an initial deposit of $50 USD which will leave you with just under 500 PED after the transaction fees and then $15 per month after that. Maybe just deposit $55 USD so you have a full 500 PED to start. As you read below you will see how depositing more will help you get economically farther faster. Remember to always play smart and don’t jump into things that you don’t understand. Don’t risk money that you can’t afford to lose.

Now that you have deposited go and join a society that helps new players. If you get a mentor that’s fine but I would recommend not getting one. They are usually worthless. Chances are that you will have a n00b who is your mentor and it will be like the blind leading the blind. If they have been playing EU for 1 year they are still a n00b. I don’t care how much they deposited or how big they talk.. They are a n00b. If you accept a mentor only take one that has been in the EU for years... years.

Joining a society is a much better way to get your questions answered about how things work and where to go for what. There are plenty of societies in the EU that help new players, just make sure that it is an established society that has been around for more than a year and has highly skilled and experienced people involved with the leadership of it. A great solution would be to join a multi-society organization such as the Wild3eamons or the NBK. They have societies specifically to help new players learn.

Now it’s time to buy a couple of things so you have to understand something. Each item has a "TT Value". TT is short for Trade Terminal. The Trade Terminal hangs on the wall in every outpost and trade center. You can buy ammo and very basic items in the TT and you can also sell things to the Trade Terminal. Items that aren’t sold in the Trade Terminal still have a TT value to them which you can see in the Item Info of the item but they also have a Mark Up (MU) aka Market Value (MV). For example right now I am selling an Adjusted Laganaus Arms Personal Cannon. It has a TT value of 900 ped but at this moment it has a Market Value (MV) of about TT+6000 PED. If I were to sell it to the TT, I would only get 900 PED. There is somewhat of a free market in the Entropia Universe and the MV of an item is set by the sales history of it via the in-game auctions. When you talk to someone about the MV of the item it’s almost always in the terms of TT+xxx or otherwise percent over TT such as 135%

As you use items they decay which decreases the TT value. You can repair some items in the Repair Terminal which will increase their TT value. Items that are limited have a (L) after the name and cannot be repaired so when they fully decay they break and can’t be used again.

First thing, remember you are dealing with real people in the Entropia Universe so you need to at least look presentable. You start with rags as cloths that can be repaired into an orange jump suit. Wearing it (or the rags) will cause everyone to know that you are brand new, as a result they won’t take you seriously. The reason they won’t take you seriously is because you are n00b and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Go to the auction and buy some basic cloths that have some color or texture to them. Don’t spent more than 50-75 PED on them. Get a shirt, pants, and shoes. Try to match your colors or at least make sure the different colors look good together so you don’t look like an idiot. Get your wife or a female to help you if you need it but don’t let them talk you into buying something expensive. Just spend 50-75 PED (or less). If there isn’t much in auction that day just wait. Do not over pay for your cloths (or anything) ever. Make sure that you buy Basic cloths that have a low TT value when fully repaired. Cloths that are not repaired will look like rags. So get some Basic cloths with a simple color or texture on it and repair them if needed.

Next buy the lowest TT value Lesser Teleport Chip that you can find in the auction (don’t repair it for now). Now buy about 2000 Mind Essence from the auction. Go to the Trade Terminal and buy the Implant and the Implant Inserter. Now ask your society (or mentor) how to make it all work together. When done sell the Implant Inserter back to the TT

Now take 100 PED and put it in storage and don’t touch it. (Just do it)

From the Trade Terminal buy a Sollomate Opalo. Now go on auction and buy a Omegaton A101 Amp (then repair it in the Repair Terminal) and then buy a full set of Pixie. If you want to deposit more, buy a better set of armor like Shogun or Ghost for better protection. Get some ammo, go run around and kill stuff to get it out of your system. Leave crafting alone for now. Try mining if you want to get an understanding of it… you might get lucky.

DO NOT SPEND ALL OF YOUR PED!!!

Websites like www.entropiaforum.com and www.entropiawiki.com have a wealth of information that you should look through and understand. On Entropedia find the maps and then make a point to start getting all of the Teleporter (TP) locations. When you die and get stuck at an outpost that you can’t get out of just use your Lesser TP chip to get out… that’s the reason you bought it. Otherwise ask your society to come rescue you.

Now that you have had some fun, gone on a couple hunting trips, blown some ped, etc it’s time to sell your Opalo, your armor, your Amp, all the loot that you got, and get serious. Keep the teleport chip and the things that go with it just in case you need them.

Take the 100 PED out of storage and combine it with the rest of your ped. Hopefully you have at least 200-300 PED left at this point (or more). Now it’s time to develop an in-game revenue stream.

You don’t have enough money for a shop, a land area, a hangar, etc. You don’t have enough money to sink into any of the standard professions to skill up to the point to where you can hopefully be profitable. You just have a couple hundred ped and a basic understanding of a couple things for sale on the auction. So let’s start with that...

In the Entropia Universe you have to learn the word FOCUS and you have to live it. Instead of spreading yourself all over the place just focus on one thing, understand it, build it up, maintain it, and then build up something else. This point is so very important.

Let’s set a small goal for you, it is to build up your ped card to 1,000 PED. Here is how.

Trading in the Entropia Universe can be very profitable earning successful traders thousands of ped per week or per month (or more). It takes money to make money and right now you have almost no money and no credibility. I will explain how to get started in a minute.

Often times some people will label Traders as "resellers" and associate that with bad things. There are some traders in the EU that are bad, they scam people, the underpay, they inflate prices, they try to manipulate markets etc. The good thing is that the traders who don’t follow ethical business practices and don’t trade with integrity often do not last long. The bad part is that they leave a bad name behind them, then people who don’t understand trading tend to associate that with all traders which then leads them to desecrate something they don’t understand.

The fact is that traders are the back bone of the EU economy. They help to maintain healthy market prices and indirectly act as a safety net during slow times that prevents total market crash.

When you trade you have to trade with integrity otherwise you will be out of business. If you try and take a shortcut by cheating someone then you will only be building walls around yourself and you will create road blocks in your path to success in the EU. Trade fair, trade with integrity, and you will build a loyal base of people who are more than happy to sell to you and buy from you so make sure each one of them loves you.

Since you only have a couple of hundred PED you are limited to how much you can earn. This will force to you to start small and really learn the markets. You already have bought some basic armor and some basic cloths which means you have a very basic understanding of these so let’s start trading basic armor and basic cloths.

In the auction often times people will list pixie armor, basic cloths, and other things for a start bid of TT+0 with a buyout price of TT+1, TT+2, or TT+3. Start placing bids on every low TT value item that is TT+0 to TT+0.30. A lot of times you will be out bid or someone will purchase the item for the buyout price and that’s ok. When you win these items don’t look to get top dollar (TT+3) instead sell on the auction for TT+1 to TT+2 depending on the market value. When you list for that price the auction will charge you 0.50 to 0.60 PED in auction fees which means that you will earn .50 to 1.50 PED per item. It’s not a lot but it adds up, especially if you are selling 10-15 items per day.

It’s important that you price things to sell otherwise they won’t sell and you will end up eating the auction fee and have to list it again. It’s better to have a fast turnover of PED then it is to get the extra PED out of something. Since you don’t have a lot of ped, focus on the items with a TT value of under 5 PED. It does not make sense to tie up 20-100 PED in TT value of something to only make a couple ped. Because you only have a 200-300 PED to work with, focus on the small stuff for now.

As you start to do this, you will begin to understand the markets. From here you should start making a point to let Hunters in your society know that you are buying amor parts for TT value if they want to sell them. A lot of hunters will just sell basic armor to the Trade Terminal instead of listing on auction simply because they are too lazy. Instead of them TTing to the Trade Terminal, they could TT it to you. It’s important to buy whatever they try and TT to you, if you don’t want it just turn around and TT it yourself.

When you stand at an auctioneer make sure it’s at a popular place like Twin Peaks or Port Atlantis that way you can ask in the chat if anyone has any basic armor parts (or anything) that they want to TT to you. Often time’s crafters will give you (for free) basic blue prints that sell for +1 to +5 PED simply because they don’t want to piddle around selling basic blue prints for a couple ped each. It’s very important to start developing these relationships with hunters and crafters. They will soon become your trading partners so make sure they LOVE you. Spend the time it takes to chat with them, make friends, and maintain contact with them but don’t be annoying.

To trade in this fashion takes very little time, energy, and PED. Soon you will start to see things in the auction about to expire that are going to sell for way under market value. Eventually as your confidence grows you will be buying things on the auction and in private trade that will earn you 50PED to 200PED each in profit... sometimes a lot more, especially when you get involved with higher value things.

Once you have all of your PED tied up in bids and items for sale (which won’t take long) go and sweat. It’s boring but its free PED and you get a chance to meet other people who just might end up becoming your friends and/or trading partners down the road. When you walk through Twin or Port Atlantis make sure that you pay attention to the trade channel in the chat. Watch what other people are buying and selling, pay attention to how they do it.

Just deal with low value items and watch for moments of opportunity to bid on something that could earn you more. At first you won’t see a thing you can buy that will make you money but soon as time passes you will see things everywhere and you will get frustrated because you don’t have enough PED to take advantage of it. While you are trading basic items, sweating, observing, and learning, take the time to get more TP locations (eventually all of them) and don’t spend a PED on anything. Remember your goal is to build up your ped card to 1,000 PED.

Earning your first 1,000 PED will be hard, time consuming, and boring however once you earn your first 1K PED, the next 1K comes much faster and then you will have 2K PED to trade with. With 2K, the next 1K comes even faster and you will have 3K PED.

As you start to experience some success and have watched items slip by that you could have been very profitable if you had the PED to buy them, you may want to evaluate if you want to deposit a larger sum of money.

By now you have dreamed of getting a shop... set that aside. You don’t need it, not yet. Forget about shops, carts, booths, shopkeepers in apartments, etc. Set those ideas all aside for later when you have the PED to actually do something with them.

So far you have stayed focused on trading basic things and developing relationships with hunters and crafters. With 3,000 PED you can now afford to expand your trading efforts. Set 1,000 PED aside and reserve that for buying and selling basic things on auction. Take your other 2,000 PED and begin Ore trading... have you been paying attention to the trade channel in Twin Peaks? I hope so.

Miners often times will sell their Ores and Enmatter to a trader under market value instead of on the auction because they need the PED right now or because they have too low of an amount to justify paying the auction fees. The biggest problem for a beginning ore trader is knowing what prices to buy the ores at. The good part is that some of your established competitors publish their buying prices online and update it frequently. Here is an example from a top Ore Trader named Lebanner. Another way is to simply ask what their rates are.

http://www.entropiamarket.com/

Take the time to build up an Excel spreadsheet that does all the math for you. If you don’t have Excel, then download something that accomplishes the same. Some people have even made free programs you can install that do it for you. You have to understand that the miner will dump 10-15 different things in your trade window and you have to be able to do the math quickly and you can’t make a mistake or they will think you are trying to scam them. In your Excel sheet, the only thing you should have to do is enter the TT value of each thing so it can calculate and total everything for you instantaneously. Miners don’t want to stand there for 5-10 minutes while you are fiddling around with a calculator. Make sure to update the prices in your sheet every day that you trade.

You don’t have to pay the highest % for Ores & EnMatter, you just have to be competitive. To start with, just copy the rates of your competitors. Generally speaking, you should be paying between 4% to 7% under market value on most things. Spend some time looking at the auctions, compare current MV to what your competitors are paying. Look at the auction order prices. Gather all the info that you can so you have a chance at fully understanding that market. You will notice that the higher % MV is on something, the more % under MV you can buy. This is because of auction fees and the risk associated. Higher value Ores & EnMatter is risky because the market fluctuates a lot every day. Overall, you should be averaging 2%-3% profit on Ores & EnMatter that you buy and sell. Auction fees will dig into your profits, crafters won’t want to pay full market value, Etc. Don’t ever let anyone convince you that you shouldn’t earn a profit by trading ores, some will insist that you do it with no profit margin which is silly. Your time, energy, and the risk associated make your slim profit margin more than justifiable.

Once you have your things in order, go to Twin Peaks and start announcing that you are buying Ores & EnMatter. Never list your buying prices in the chat because the person next to you will just buy at 1% more and then you just started a price war. You now have to be conscious of market stability. Every Ore Trader that comes into the game thinking they will pay more for Ore then everyone else and make up for it in volume ends up putting themselves out of business.

Beginning Ore Traders will be dependent on the traffic flow in Twin Peaks for people selling Ores and in the beginning it will be slow. As you interact with miners start making friends. These are now going to become your newest trading partners. As time passes and you make a lot of friends with a lot of miners, you will find that they want to do business only with you because they like you, they trust you, and they don’t have to second guess your math. They know you are honest, accurate, and trustworthy, thus it’s very convenient for them to trade with you. Make sure that you are telling each miner who you trade with that they can add you to their friends list if they want. Soon you will find that these miners are coming to Twin Peaks because of YOU. They will come there specifically to deal with you and no one else, in fact they will even wait until you log on which means that you could stand in Twin Peaks for 2 hours and buy thousands of PED in Ore & EnMatter instead of just hundreds of PED.

So let’s tie this all together. You are buying stuff from hunters for TT and selling it on auction, or you are selling their stackable items (wool, hides etc) to crafters that you know. You are buying Ores & EnMatter from miners and selling to Crafters and to the auction. Your friends list is starting to become a treasure chest of trading partners and business contacts. Soon your 3K PED will grow into 4K, then 5K, then 7K, then 10K.

Now that you have a little bit more of a respectable amount of PED you can start expanding your trading efforts further. These crafters whom you bust your butt to supply at a couple % under market value can now start supplying you as well. For a crafter, one big challenge is to sell the stuff they craft. Now you can start buying the popular Mining Amps in bulk under market value and selling for Market Value (or just under) to the miners that supply you thus making a couple PED on each Amp. The hunters who supply you can also buy popular guns and attachments from you that you got from the crafters for a few ped less then what you are selling for. It’s mostly all low profit margins but it goes in bulk with a fast turnover of PED. Some miners will want to buy 5,10, or even 20 amps from you at a time. It’s all a continuous turnover of PED that makes you a lot of money.

Make sure that you establish a buy back policy with the crafter so if the Market Value of amps (or whatever) dips too low, you can sell them back to the crafter for what you bought them for making it risk free to you. Soon the crafter(s) that you deal with will start to trust you and might even be willing to front you items to sell which means that you no longer have to tie up your PED distributing their items. These kinds of deals are only reserved for the best of traders who have proven that they are trust worthy and dependable.

Now that you have a few different trading routines that you are maintaining and your crafted items are being fronted you have some available PED again and it’s time to focus on something else to earn you even more PED.

Start watching the auctions and Entropia Forum sales threads for higher value items that you can buy for cheap and sell with a nice profit. These items are few and far between but they are worth it. Pay attention to what is going on in the Trade Channel in Twin Peaks. Watch for people who are willing to sell for cheap. Not everyone is willing to wait 2-4 weeks to sell something so as a trader with a larger PED reserve not only can you afford to wait but you also have a ton of contacts which means you can sell it easier than the average person. Eventually you will start to get bombarded with PMs from people wanting to sell you all kinds of stuff. You will be able to pick and choose what you want to buy. Eventually you might even start to become an authority (in the eyes of some) on what something is worth.

You can also broker items for people. As you find sellers for very expensive items, ask them if they would give you a commission if you manage to get it sold for them. If you can find a buyer that wants to pay what the seller is asking then introduce the buyer to the seller and collect your commission if the item gets sold.

Throughout this process you will have begun to start participating in the standard professions (Hunting, Mining, and Crafting). This is normal and we all want to have fun and relax and the cool part is that with all of these contact you have, you now have a whole team of established people who can give you accurate advice on these professions. Just remember not to over extend yourself and risk only what you can afford to lose. Also remember that the better your avatar looks the better people will respond to you so when you can afford it, buy some nicer cloths.

If you stick to the path of trading and building your PED card you will continuously be trading at higher and higher levels. You will leave sweating behind as well as selling TT items, etc. Soon you will begin to focus just on higher value things and as your ped card grows to 20K, 40K, 50K and higher you can buy things and sell them making thousands of PER transaction. If you stay focused you will have the ped to make your avatar Uber and be able to afford a much higher level of game play. Perhaps one day you will have enough to buy Hangar or even a Land Area. If you get to that point then you wouldn’t have been the first to be able to afford these things through trading.

Of course you could set all of that aside and just spend $15 USD per month and economically hunt, mine, and craft when possible and socialize with friends while in game.

Good luck on your endeavors…

-HardWrath

Last edited:
I would like to say this:

With a limit budget the most important thing is not to overdo yourself. If you choose to hunt dont use to big guns or hunt to big mobs. Try getting as many kills as possible for your peds, since that way a terribly bad hunt will occur less often. Also go for mobs that drop stuff with markup, this way your peds will last alot longer. And if you do get a big loot - spend it on ammo and new L guns, not skills clothes or anything like that. You will end up paying for those anyway. Remember you get about 95% tt back IN THE LONG TERM - meaning including those hofs. Markup is your friend!

Off topic posts have been deleted.

As Frank|FPC mentioned in the opening post, please keep your replies in this thread constructive, with useful and practical advice for new players.

:topic:

Here are some tips I would give to new participants:

The most important focus you should have (after having fun, of course :)) is on avatar skill progression. If you proceed in a careful and logical fashion using items with Skill Increase Bonus (SIB), you can really maximize how quickly your avatar gains skills, allowing you to use gradually more efficient and powerful items.

Also, be sure to make use of the wealth of information available to you. One of the most wonderful features of Entropia Universe is its very passionate and unique community, one that is quite open about sharing information.

EntropiaForum contains several valuable resources for new players, including the n00bs Corner (with subforums for Disciples and Sweating) and the not-to-be-missed Tutorials forum.

Another priceless resource that will aid you greatly in your Entropia career is the www.Entropedia.info wiki. Here you can find details and statistics on nearly every item found in Entropia Universe. By making careful and clever use of the information available to you there, you will be well on your way to success on Calypso.

Good luck colonist!!

My suggestion, to spend $15/month for a newbie, assuming they deposit for starting equipment. Sweating and rock collecting might be free but take time and time is money.

$15 is not expensive for everyone, so this is who the audience is.

This must only be for a few months giving you about $50 for 3 months play?
So I suggest you deposit $50 :silly2:

Does this $15/month average player spending budget fall under the guidelines of $1/hour cost to play? If so you have about 15 hours to play a month. So don't waste it sweating! :eek: So getter done.

There is also no point in buying any weapon at the moment or pretty much anything. This will all be decided on which path you choose, down to the specifics. Such as guns, swords, knifes, whips, explosive expert, ect... There are many different jobs, but even more specifics.

Think about what you will enjoy doing a lot and find out what equipment you will need to use to become successful at your chosen profession. Crafters don't need guns or healing devices so why buy them?

Then you must decide between playing eco, hotshot, or fun. Some ppl don't mind spending a few extra pecs to use a more fun weapon or try to craft something risky and expensive, but not smart if on a budget...but could have an effect on loot (maybe).

Good luck have fun, too many factors to just give A-B-C answer to how to spend your $15.

{off-topic to whose in charge}
Seriously MA/FPC we have played by your unknown rules and we have sharred info to the point of everyone going to off-site web sites for game related information. Can you please confirm anything we have gotten right? Or shall we dwell in speculation and conspiracy theories. Can you please add factual information already discovered by the researchers.

Ok, as promised I updated my post with my advice. Sorry it took so long to type it out.

New keyboard = slower typing.

If anyone has anything I should add to it or fix, please let me know.

Advice for the $15 per month EU player

Congratulations! You have found the Entropia Universe and if you are reading this then you have already downloaded the game and created your account or you are thinking about doing so in the near future.

Some of what you have heard is true:
Yes the game's economy is all real money
Yes some people have been able to earn a lot of money
Yes you missed the initial ground floor opportunity
Yes you can LOSE money in the Entropia Universe
Yes some have put nothing in and taken out tens of thousands of USD
Yes there still is opportunity.

-HardWrath

let say that i don t love to trade (stand for hours at twin for me is absolutely boring), i love to hunt and i will put my loot in this great in game auction. This means i will just loose my money? or there is the possibility to survive and grow with 15$ deposit at month???? because, you know, the 60-70%(maybe more) players of EU are hunters only.......

I think like hunter u can play with 15$ at month, this is the plan:

buy a weapon, really don t matter what weapon
buy amno until 15 $
kill everything around you and during this pray the lootus to get some good lot

than there are 2 options:
u have some decent loot and you restart from the begin
u have bad loot then u will wait a month until the next deposit.

Most of the main points are already covered here, very well too.

I doubt that you can emphasise enough how important good manners are in EU though, one constant complaint here on EF is the actions and attitude of a (very few) rude or inconsiderate players....the good guys aren't mentioned much but they can benefit just by their politeness IMO.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been somewhere hunting or mining and bumped into someone either lost or just wandering and struck up a little conversation with them, liked them and later gone to storage and got a few items that aren't much use to me but that would help them out a lot as a little gift. They don't ask, and if they did I'd ignore them as begging is bad manners, they don't pester ..same as begging there.

Don't expect freebies, don't ask for them, but most people are prone to acts of random kindness at some stage and get a buzz out of helping newer guys out. We all remember being new after all.

Most things that you may need at the early stages will be sitting gathering dust in someone's storage waiting for the owner to have a generous day.

Some of the guys you meet along your journeys will also be valuable contacts later for information, maybe they will buy sweat or loot from you if you aren't pushy at decent rates too. I spent a long time buying sweat at above the going rate from a guy who I bumped into one day...he used to PM me ingame asking when I was likely to need sweat, then come and deliver it. We both benefitted from this, me in time, and him in peds. IF he had been rude I'd have gone elsewhere and paid less.

A decent rep in EU will be easy to build and open many doors for you over time, and it's totally free.

Just one more thought, not everything in EU is ingame as such...someone creates the ad banners, the videos, promotional stuff of all kinds used ingame and on this forum and other sites. IF you have skills of that kind you have a potential service to sell to other avas for peds that relies on RL skills not n00b EU skills :)

t

I played for over a year and a half without deposits, starting from a poor sweater and working my way up through mining, hunting and even into crafting. My biggest piece of advice would be to recognize that the game and the opportunities are constantly changing. I had opportunities when I started that you don't have, you have opportunities I didn't have, research the forums, learn from others, and always think about what you are doing and why.

All that said on to the specifics.

1. Move up slowly, there is no rush, you won't be high level quickly, so find something that works for you and stick with it. Every once in a while try something else to look for new opportunities. If they work, stick with them, if they don't go back to your comfort zone.

2. Early on explore a little, you may find snablesnot and sabakuma are much better for you to start at than the much closer daikiba and combibo. Dying is free, knowledge is valuable. If you get stuck there are people willing to come save you if you simply ask for help.

3. Sweat mobs before you kill them at first, use the weapons and tools from the trade terminal to do so. Use the TT vivo to heal yourself rather than using armor to protect yourself at first. This allows you to die with no decay in sticky situations. Sweat exclusively when you're feeling poor, socialize, and get the free skills even if you don't gain a lot of ped from the sweat.

4. Try mining enmatter once you've gotten a little comfortable with hunting, as you collect and sell enmatter you'll start to get a glimpse of where I believe the real strategic part of the game occurs. Collecting materials others need and buying materials and tools you need from them.

5. Familiarize yourself with the auction system. It's your key to learning what resources people want at any given time, and getting more than the trade terminal value for your resources.

6. Try and save up stacks of materials that have markup to sell in one batch. 50 ped and up is a good batch to help minimize your auction fees, it may be difficult to get 50 ped of materials at first so try street traders if you know what the markup should be. I also suggest possibly depositing $50 as a start as if you were buying any other game.

7. Get a good mentor and/or a good society. A good mentor is someone who will help you even after you have graduated as you move up in your career. A great mentor is someone who will offer you advice in all things, not items.

8. Set small goals, maybe it's loot your own set of pixie armor, collect all the Teleports, find all varieties of stone and fruit, get blasted out of the ring by some uber player. The game is yours, choose for yourself what you want to do with it.

9. The most important thing, worth mentioning twice, is think about what you are doing and why. If it's not working for you try something else. Nobody can tell you the best way to do anything, even if you find it it may change next week or next month. It's up to you!

1) Read the forums
2) Read the forums
3) If you must, go do some sweating, and run around collecting some tps before progressing to step 4
4) Read the forums
5) Learn to use and understand entropedia
6) Buy an Opalo and shoot some mobs
7) Read the forums
8) Spend enough time on 1-7 that you can afford a first-time deposit of about $50, planning to make monthly $15 deposits for a while after that
9) Learn hunting/mining/crafting economy, and about the EU economy in general, learn about effect of markup in costs and markup in loots
10) Learn about effect of skills on what you can use effectively
11) Use your knowledge of 9 and 10 to choose what you do, and what you do it with, wisely.
12) Try to build a PED balance that means you can stack low markup goods and sell them rather than tt them
13) Keep good records of your ingoings and outgoings to determine where you do well, and where you do not do well. Adjust your activities accordingly
14) Read the forums

let say that i don t love to trade (stand for hours at twin for me is absolutely boring), i love to hunt and i will put my loot in this great in game auction. This means i will just loose my money? or there is the possibility to survive and grow with 15$ deposit at month???? because, you know, the 60-70%(maybe more) players of EU are hunters only.......

I think like hunter u can play with 15$ at month, this is the plan:

buy a weapon, really don t matter what weapon
buy amno until 15 $
kill everything around you and during this pray the lootus to get some good lot

than there are 2 options:
u have some decent loot and you restart from the begin
u have bad loot then u will wait a month until the next deposit.

Well if you don’t like trading because you don’t like standing around then don’t stand around. Trade on the auctions, on the EF, or don’t. If I was independently wealthy I wouldn’t trade... of course I wouldn’t have to work in real life either.

The topic of the thread is how to get the most of your PED. If you successfully trade you can exponentially multiply your PED to a point where you can invest, chip into a higher level of a standard or non-standard profession, be a Pilot, buy land, etc... Or you could just build up the PED, withdraw and buy a new car, or make a down payment on a house.

Some people do other things that are out-of-the-box such as start a website (like you did) and hope that it becomes profitable in the long term.

Other people use their graphical abilities and create services for people in game such as these two people:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/144358-eye-design-studio.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/97424-globex-designs.html

Others use the non-standard professions to make money such as people who apply colors and textures:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/123871-polys-color-texture-service.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-colorful-faith-leeloos-fashion-services.html

Others do hair styles and avatar sculpting:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...parlor-contact-info-kimmi-entropians-com.html

Other people are medics:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/151230-nbk-hunter-support-medic-service.html

The Services section of the Entropia Forum is a treasure chest of entrepreneurial ideas

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/

Trading is a means to an end. If you built up 30K ped you could afford to buy a mall shop and keep it stocked. If you built up 50K PED you could buy the equipment & skills needed to command serious market attention as a Stylist/Sculptor. 50K PED would take you a long way in crafting skills too and you could be an Attachment, Tool, Weapon, or Armor Engineer. 50K to 70K would take you a long way in Coloring and Texturing skills. If you built up 90K to 150K PED you could buy a Hangar and be a Pilot. If you built up 150-200K PED then you could buy a basic undeveloped land area and develop it then sell it when it’s worth 250K to 300K... rinse and repeat. Or you could just use your earnings from trading to fund your in-game play in whatever area you are interested in at that moment just like I do. The point is that with Trading you have a way in the EU to start with nothing, turn it into something significant, and then use it for whatever you want.

If you hunt, mine, or craft economically and efficiently you can sustain yourself on $15 per month however the person who grows their $15 USD per month into something more will be able to enjoy the higher levels of the Entropia Universe a lot more quickly and they will be able to do it without depending on luck.

1) Read the forums
2) Read the forums
3) If you must, go do some sweating, and run around collecting some tps before progressing to step 4
4) Read the forums
5) Learn to use and understand entropedia
6) Buy an Opalo and shoot some mobs
7) Read the forums
8) Spend enough time on 1-7 that you can afford a first-time deposit of about $50, planning to make monthly $15 deposits for a while after that
9) Learn hunting/mining/crafting economy, and about the EU economy in general, learn about effect of markup in costs and markup in loots
10) Learn about effect of skills on what you can use effectively
11) Use your knowledge of 9 and 10 to choose what you do, and what you do it with, wisely.
12) Try to build a PED balance that means you can stack low markup goods and sell them rather than tt them
13) Keep good records of your ingoings and outgoings to determine where you do well, and where you do not do well. Adjust your activities accordingly
14) Read the forums

Jimmy... I agree however you forgot two things (should be #2, #3, & #4)

2) Register in the forums
3) Use the search tools of the forum to find answers
4) Ask questions in the forums if the topic has not already been covered

;)

I don't think that this is very fair due to the fact that EU is stated to cost 1 dollar per hour which means 15 hours of play time for the month, unless this has changed. I will still offer my advice, despite my inactivity in game.

Start off finding a good society that gives you good advice. You can ask on here how to find such a soc.

Next, view entropiawiki.com and observe the various types of weapons by their efficiencies. Please remember some of this, and use this guide to find weapons that are around the proper level for your level. As a beginner this is almost invariably the opalo with an a101 amplifier.

Purchase some beat up pixie armor from a soc mate or trader in Port Atlantis, our home city. Pixie is a good armor because it can be very cheap and repaired slowly over time to provide more protection.

Begin finding all of the major teleporters with the aid of a friend or a map online, there are teleporter maps that exist if someone could edit this and add a link? ? then I would be greatful.

Purchase a beat up vivo T1 from a friend or soc mate for a first aid pack since you can repair this item.

When you hunt, begin with small creatures such as snabblesnot male youngs and exarosaur youngs. You should not have to wear armor much of the time nor use the med kit excessively. Also, you should sweat a creature dry before killing it to hopefully bring yourself within this budget for as long as possible, which at this rate is actually a good deal when compared to the estimated cost of a dollar an hour. You can often play for nearly an entire month while doing this and gaining some skills. Keep in note though, that this game does cost money and if you are not prepared to make the commitment for a fun and soon to be very very interesting as well as graphically intensive game, do not join believing you will profit.

My wise words are this game is truely a virtual universe and many things can happen, but you need to be proactive in your searches for wisdom to find your greatness.

Addendum:

Once you have completed the maxing of the opalo rifle, it is recommended that you sweat a little bit per day and use it to buy a couple probes and bombs. Ask soc mates where to find good mining areas and ask for a walk around tutorial by coming on a mining run with them. Observe various people's styles and determine which you believe is the most successful and follow it. While it may lose your 15 dollars pretty quick if you have no idea where to mine, with market prices and a good sense of patten, some players who are not even high level have been able to sustain themselves, as I used to. The mining spots will not always be good, but you can figure them out and use this to often gain skills with little loss(don't quote me on this!) over a longer period of time, and with some talent, even profit.

Crafting is a no-no for the beginner as it simply costs too much on the materials for a first reason, which should be enough. If that attempt fails or even if it succeeds, you are not skilled enough to work the markets to get a markup and succeed in crafting and should gain skills in other professions first before you try this.

A final note is that the best thing for a person to do would be try to find a niche they are good in and follow it. Some people are good traders and everyone should learn basic trading though not the economy damaging reselling speculators style. Learn what a good price is, and learn what isn't. Buy what people need to get rid of fast, then sell it to someone who needs it fast.

I did not wanted to post here, because there are already good advices, but I want to outline an important fact. If you deposit 15$/month, as you would in any other game out there, you don't lose those money. You should focus on understanding how the system works, and decide to take the loses in improving your experience, having fun and getting better. If you look at those 15$ as they are an investment, you will have a much better chance in future. Always estimate your maximum loses before you start anything in EU, and go for it only if you can afford it. Having fun can be cheap in EU or very expensive.

An important thing is that even if you do something stupid and lose all your peds in one day, that loss is not really a loss if you learned something from it. It was an investment. It could have been pointless... but at least in future you know what you should not do. About what you should do... the forum is filled with good advices, and reading this thread will help a lot.

I'll add something similar to BlackHawk. Another difference of this game and the others is that money can be easily taken out of the game (or at least a lot more easily than any other game).
That means that the $15 deposited every month are not lost. They just changed currency. While you still have the peds, you have in theory lost only the deposit+withdrawing fee on your money.
As an exemple, in my 4 years of playing, i deposited on average more than $15 a month. However, the TT of my items only is around 75% of the peds i deposited, which is less than $15 a month. If i add to that the market value of those items, and of the acquired skills, i am at more or less no cost.

Several people have questioned the possibility of playing on a budget in EU without resorting to sweating/trading and other "boring" activities. I've been running an experiment for quite some time now, and at least in my case that is simply not true.

I've got a thread on it, Economics of Frugality, where I both report my findings as well as discuss my adaptations to the ever changing nature of this virtual universe.

Note that some of the earlier methods I've used are probably not as applicable today due to the various changes, but they do outline how I went about modifying my play style in response.

One final note is that it takes a certain amount of PED turnover to gain a new level in a given profession. Due to the built-in slowdown of skills there comes a point, at around lvl 45 for a hit-based prof, where it takes around 100 PED to gain a single skill point, and about 10k PED turnover to gain a new level. So even at 80% ROI, you'd need to spend around 2k PED per level in order to progress, which would equate to a whole year's worth of $15 a month deposits. This is in effect a glass ceiling on progression for the "average" player.

Downgrading to a smaller weapon does not change this by much since all it does is slow down the rate of turnover, increasing the time you can play at the expense of the speed at which you level-up. The only way around this is playing more economically than the average player or resorting to providing services for other players (sweating, trading, healing, etc.).

Hi,

I'd like to start this thread and ask people for their best tips for starting Planet Calypso with a monthly budget of US$15.
Download EU, register, install.
Double click the new icon on your desktop that says "Entropia Universe".
Voila - you have done it!

Now hit "Escape" until it asks you if you want to log out, do it.
Find the Entropia Universe entry in your Start menu, uninstall.

Realize that you'd really wouldn't want to play EU with a 15$ budget - it'd mean crying for pain, boredom and frustration. Well, there's ppl that like such ...

You don't believe me? Google for "Entropia" and "Forum". Read. Realize that even a budget of 100$/ month is considered lousy by huge parts of the population, that even a basic set of hunting gear after your graduation will easily cost you 1,000 PED, means 100$ ...
(Ghost or Gremlin, Vivo T10L, M4aL, P4aL, 2x a103 amp)

Quite some of this gear is limited (L), means it will decay to uselessness quite fast. The other parts will only decay, you can repair. You'll have to replace, or to repair. And to actually utilize it you'll need to buy ammunition, heaps of it.
Read about what ppl tell you about the amount of ammo you should take to a hunt - your planned monthly deposit wouldn't even buy you enough ammo for 1 full hunt ...

You still don't believe me? Read more. Realize that you'll have a return rate of ~30% to slightly above 100%, depending on your luck. Means that 1 unhappy hunt would eat up all of your planned monthly deposit. And it will take you literally years to reach a skill level where you can engage activities with a slightly better chance not to loose this much - again, do not trust me, read for yourself!

Would you happen to meet me somewhere on Calypso I'd tell you this, while escorting you to safety. But since then you'd have to have ignored my advice I'd try to give other advices better suiting your situation:

I'd advice you to read this thread. Yep, this one, all of it. A lot of very helpful information within, and even some of our celebs have provided most valuable info.

I'd advice you to think about the 15$. 15$ isn't just enough. But maybe you could cancel one single drinking session a month? Or smoke a little less? Or you maybe even could flip some burgers, 1 hour a week? It would greatly improve your Entropian experience, be assured!

I'd tell you that it needs a basic gear value of about 10,000 PED just to enter the regions of the "improved newbies". You'd need quite some different sets of armor, different plates, different weapons, healing tools, mining gear, crafting resources ...

I'd tell you how to survive with most possible low costs after a while, this would maybe even meet your 15$ budget finally - but to reach this you'd need to spent quite something.

Talking of costs of 15$/ month to new participants IMHO isn't more or less than a brazen lie.

Have fun!

First try to understand the language what is spoken in here, like TT, EU, PED, sweat, TP etc.
Then read a lot of topics in here (tip ignore some of the wining threads).
Do some research of this game is what u really want.
Make a account and log in.
Then visit the tutorials and learn the controls.
Then find a mentor or go out and find a vew TP (teleports).
So far not a pec (project entropia cent) spend.
Go out and sweat (sweating is getting free sweatbottles wich u can sell).
After a while u have money to buy a gun (opalo prefered) and some ammo at the TT (a blue box on the wall wich called trade terminal).
At this time u know the value of money, and u know that every shot u do cost money.
The nowing of the value of money is important in a game like this.
Seek smaller health mobs for start, and skill up.

After u done this, u spend enough time to see of u like the game or not, and u can decide to deposit some money.

after a while and after a lot of reading, u know when u are ready to go out for higher and bigger mobs or not.

This is how I started and I am still around.

tip. don't rush into things like aiming for that Atrox stalker or be with the top 50 society or being the perfect PVP-er (player versus player).
Most people are disapointed that aiming that high cost a lot of time or/and money and quit because that disapoiting.

And the most, most, most of all, HAVE FUN IN WHAT U DO.

greetings,

bigdeal

ps. frank it's been more then 2 years that i looted something > 400 ped, isn't time by now :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Download EU, register, install.
Double click the new icon on your desktop that says "Entropia Universe".
Voila - you have done it!

Now hit "Escape" until it asks you if you want to log out, do it.
Find the Entropia Universe entry in your Start menu, uninstall.

Realize that you'd really wouldn't want to play EU with a 15$ budget - it'd mean crying for pain, boredom and frustration. Well, there's ppl that like such ...

You don't believe me? Google for "Entropia" and "Forum". Read. Realize that even a budget of 100$/ month is considered lousy by huge parts of the population, that even a basic set of hunting gear after your graduation will easily cost you 1,000 PED, means 100$ ...
(Ghost or Gremlin, Vivo T10L, M4aL, P4aL, 2x a103 amp)

Quite some of this gear is limited (L), means it will decay to uselessness quite fast. The other parts will only decay, you can repair. You'll have to replace, or to repair. And to actually utilize it you'll need to buy ammunition, heaps of it.
Read about what ppl tell you about the amount of ammo you should take to a hunt - your planned monthly deposit wouldn't even buy you enough ammo for 1 full hunt ...

You still don't believe me? Read more. Realize that you'll have a return rate of ~30% to slightly above 100%, depending on your luck. Means that 1 unhappy hunt would eat up all of your planned monthly deposit. And it will take you literally years to reach a skill level where you can engage activities with a slightly better chance not to loose this much - again, do not trust me, read for yourself!

Would you happen to meet me somewhere on Calypso I'd tell you this, while escorting you to safety. But since then you'd have to have ignored my advice I'd try to give other advices better suiting your situation:

I'd advice you to read this thread. Yep, this one, all of it. A lot of very helpful information within, and even some of our celebs have provided most valuable info.

I'd advice you to think about the 15$. 15$ isn't just enough. But maybe you could cancel one single drinking session a month? Or smoke a little less? Or you maybe even could flip some burgers, 1 hour a week? It would greatly improve your Entropian experience, be assured!

I'd tell you that it needs a basic gear value of about 10,000 PED just to enter the regions of the "improved newbies". You'd need quite some different sets of armor, different plates, different weapons, healing tools, mining gear, crafting resources ...

I'd tell you how to survive with most possible low costs after a while, this would maybe even meet your 15$ budget finally - but to reach this you'd need to spent quite something.

Talking of costs of 15$/ month to new participants IMHO isn't more or less than a brazen lie.

Have fun!

My society is full of examples that outright falsify your whole post! And many of those examples started with zero. (what might not been possible in the future anymore)

Youre right 15$ is not much, but its enough to guarantee you a month full of fun if spent wisely.

Buy the game: 50 USD
== 500 PED
Pay the fee: 15 USD
== 150 PED

You begin with aprox 620 PED. This is supposed to last you your first month and pay for basic equipment. This will provide a dilemma. For 500 PED you can get nifty equipment, but not the skills to use them. If you buy and hunt too big, your next month's 150 PED is not going to last more then a few hours.

It's best if you keep as much as possible of your initial 620 PED as a backup to build some skills. If you only spend 50 PED on a gun, armour and a healing toolkit then you are much better equipped to face the inital plunge of unskilled hunting - and next month's 15 USD will last you much longer if you're using low end equipment at your own skill level.

1st month: learn to trade
2nd month: trade yourself up into the 1-2k ped ligue, by this time you can start to spend your monthly depo on hunting with your friends and socm8s
3rd month: trade up to 3-4k ped and spend your depo on hunting with your friends
4th month: 10k ped? Now you really can start to trade! Use the 300+ped you can make daily in trading now to have fun. Trade away your loots
6th month: trade+play
9th month: trade+play
12th month: congratz you did a good job and now you withdraw 100k ped and still have a kickass midlevel avatar.

Lots of excellent advice here.

One thing that has been mentioned a lot is...find yourself a good soc or one that you trust. If you are a noob this is very difficult to do even if you read the forums. The soc terminals are not much help either.

I'm sure that there are many fine socs in the game but to get the ball rolling, I wish to name Southern Cross Training Centre and Rising Potentials as 2 socs that are a credit to the game and new players will find them well worth checking out.

Have fun!
that isnt correct, at least not for everyone

just in my soc i have several non depositers who do pretty well, one even managed to unlock wounding in a pretty fast time (1 year and some months i think)

i havent deposited for over a year and play regularly as well

i have big time hunters who don't deposit either in my soc

so it can be done, it isn't necessarily easy, but it is possible
even to have fun

--
but i agree that you may need some luck and money for the gear right from the beginning to get to a non depo state

yet, playing with 150 ped per month is possible, even with having fun :)

lose the "tired of killing monsters and not getting paid" ped certifates and to tell people they earn money easily

Just a quick appearance in the thread, but that old slogan, catchy as it is, will not be part of the future marketing communication from First Planet Company.

*fades away again*

Frank,

I think the fact that you turn to a fan site to ask them if they have any ideas how to market PE to the avarage gamer on a budget should tell you that it's very hard, if not impossible to do. If the company doesn't know you expect us to do so?

Given the RCE and currently static nature of PE (gameplay hasn't changed since 2002) I think there's an inherent problem in attracting new players the older the game gets. The way PE works now is you can do anything as a new player (or player on a budget) so gameplay options per se is not a problem, although they're limited at the least. You just can't do stuff quite as good as player who play longer or pay more, which is frustrating because the main selling point for PE is Getting rich while shooting stuff, most people play to 'get there' since the current gameplay elements just aren't deep enough to justify playing at 15 bucks a month. So a few people will commit to PE and deposit more, but I think the majority of avarage gamers just leave PE for greener pastures (not to mention some imo stupid design choices like sweating stuff and collecting dung? MA really couldn't come up with something more appealing for new players?). The perspective for an avarage newbie is lost. He won't get where he wants with his current budget and there is no realistic gradual slope to climb.

I think a possible solution for this is designing gameplay elements at which any newb is potentially as good as anyone else playing the game. I'm thinking a deep political system, a system allowing people to be recruited as employee for (yet to be developed) activities ingame (pilots, fappers, component crafters, etc). A system to lend stuff (yes that will work without and even with people hogging stuff). The proof of principle is already provided by people themselves becoming pilots, fappers, lending out stuff, setting up alliances etc. MA needs to support this by elaborate ingame systems!!!

Aside this I also think PE would benefit from some new gameplay elements, so not click -> loot which is the game's biggest, and only if you disregard the beaty stuff, which I do, gameplay element. Add stuff at very cheap or participant determined prices like minigames (cards, races,...), arena's, dungeons, wars over objectives, ... Anything but click and loot.

Another thing I think would benefit PE is no longer market it as a game of the huge numbers (just drop em in though heh). As an avarage gamer I wouldn't try PE when I read someone bought a spacestation, island or bank for 100k's USD (I'd know that's not for me). However, I'd be very interested to try PE if I read that avarage gamers just like me, make 100 to 1000 bucks extra a month, in a game with a deep and extensive social/political network and plenty of gameplay.

If you are really smart you wont start at all.

Why? only a small group of players can play break even, the rest of us are just dumpasses who are filling up the loot for them. We can die trying but it wont change a thing.

But if you insist to play and want to read some "contructive" opions.

Play Smart and boring

- swunt snables young :
15 usdollar will last forever ,because you just keep dying from snables due to low evade.

- mine emmater with TT finder and walk very slowly look for stones and fruits:
It takes much longer before you can drop the next probe, so it takes more time with the same amount of money.

Myth of "eco"
- Hunt eco and camp on it or mine ores with high MV.
But those tricks are only good if you get any at the first place.
Wel frankly , Franky, If they are so easy to get, they wont have high MV at the first place.

-Reselling/trade
Proably the only way , if the market is good. But why waste time trade in a game if you rocks ? Maybe you have made your first million long time ago on the stockmarket and FOrex?

Playing smart and kinky
- Exploit/farming
people wont like you, personaly I will report you and try to get your ass kicked. But it seems MA/FPC wont/cant do much about it. So who am I to question their intergrity and your ethics? hehe I made it sounds like they have any ...

1)I have heard the price for those sweatbot program is less than 15 usdollar
2)you can start farm disciples at very low lvl , even without maxed out the TT Opalo.
I have seen a lot people doing it, even from the ones I have never expected. Some people even manage to industrialized it.

- Backstable your "friends"
some people does it and before you know they just backstable you and in very short time they have made a new avatar.

Playing Smart and good

- Proably the best thing ever, just make lot of screenies and report any exploiting scamming bastards you can find. Or camp on exploiters and shoot their mobs. I heard the return rates are good on those. Start patroling Calypso today! Wont do much good but sure you can do it for less than 15 usdollar each month.

Just a quick appearance in the thread, but that old slogan, catchy as it is, will not be part of the future marketing communication from First Planet Company.

*fades away again*

How about "tired of hoarding gold and not getting paid" instead?

seriously though;

150 peds a month, buy TT mining gear and mine shinook (ore) or segna (enmatter), each deposit will buy you a bigger and deeper finder. But you will probably be breaking even on markup or even profit with some luck.

If you go for enmatter you can always sweat and make ME with all the nexus you find for some extra peds.

Status
Back