START SMART - Making the most of your PED

Status
My $15 per month budget guide to Entropedia

1) Buy Pixie armor from auction or fellow players.

2) Buy Vivo T1 healing kit from trade terminal.

3) Buy Solomate Opalo laser carbine from trade terminal.

4) Buy medium weapon cell ammo from trade terminal.

5) Register and read other players posts on www.entropiaforum.com

6) Bookmark www.entropiawiki.com

7) Use the maps on the above website to discover all the towns (teleports) on both continents.

8) Use both websites above to choose appropriate hunting prey (entropedia has their locations).

At the time of writing young / mature varieties of:
  • Berycled
    [*]Caudatergus
    [*]Cornundacauda
    [*]Cornundos
    [*]Daikiba
    [*]Exarosaur
    [*]Faucervix
    [*]Foul
    [*]Kerberos
    [*]Merp
    [*]Plumatergus
    [*]Sabakuma
    [*]Snablesnot-Female
    [*]Snablesnot-Male
    [*]Snarksnot
    [*]Tantillion
    [*]Tripudion
are suitable for an armored beginner using the Solomate Opalo.

9) Study the in-game market value of the items you loot, most have a value to other players, store up stackables wools, hide for example (some can be refined) and list them on auction.

10) Increase your skills to be able to efficiently use more advanced weaponry such as the Breer (L) carbines. You can also try out melee knives, swords and powerfists which will increase your strength.

11) Once you have all the locations listed on your in-game map, you can try mining for enmatter and ore in the areas where there are either no creatures or ones you can easily defeat whilst excavating. Beginner mining equipment can be found from the trade terminal. Entropedia lists some good locations, but others you will have to discover for yourself.

12) In subsequent months, you can improve your main weapon with damage amplifiers and buy deeper mining equipment.

13) As your evade / dodge skill improves you can buy stronger armor to protect yourself from more fierce creatures. There are many types available, Gnome, Goblin, Rascal, Shogun are good choices - readily available from auction or shops. If you need a lot of protection, Gremlin and Ghost are relatively affordable choices. Also check out armor plates to further enhance them.

14) Good luck!

1st month: learn to trade
2nd month: trade yourself up into the 1-2k ped ligue, by this time you can start to spend your monthly depo on hunting with your friends and socm8s
3rd month: trade up to 3-4k ped and spend your depo on hunting with your friends
4th month: 10k ped? Now you really can start to trade! Use the 300+ped you can make daily in trading now to have fun. Trade away your loots
6th month: trade+play
9th month: trade+play
12th month: congratz you did a good job and now you withdraw 100k ped and still have a kickass midlevel avatar.

In the morning: Fall out of bed and realise that those 12 months were a pleasant dream and your ped card doesn't contain unlimited wealth.

No offence, but that may be possible for a very few people, but it's massive over optimism at best, and really misleading if used to promote EU at worst.

Trading isn't everyone's thing, nor is it a whole heap of fun or a thing that someone start playing EU to do....when CE launches I'd imagine it will draw much more gamers for a looksee, the economy probably won't interest them initially.

100k ped in a year is 10k dollars.....more then the average RL income in some countries.....so telling people that in a year or so they can possibly quit the day job and play EU with a start budget of 15 dollars or so monthly is hardly good advice IMO.

Show me one ava worth 100k ped plus who started a year or so ago, hasn't had incredible luck...and worked with a 15 dollar monthly budget.. I don't know of any and doubt anyone does.

t

I would like to reply to Xandra last post, because it has many points that seem to be valid, but they are not.
First of all, it starts by saying that for a new player is impossible to get any decent gear to use with 15$/month. In reality, new players have many great options to advance to a higher level. Weapons like M2a have a great economy and will allow new players to profit on mobs like cornudacauda and molisk young on regular basis, and put some more money next to those 150 ped they put in each month that they can use for upgrades. And trust me, when you do something that works, it is fun. Because if you don't lose on molisk, you will eventually get globals, and is fun. You may even loot ESI if cornudacauda, berycled, argo or similar mob A 15-16 ped ESI sells for 100-150 ped. That is the original budget. You double your budget with one loot. So is fun to be successful.

At low level, it takes many hours to burn 150 peds. But that is if you play the game at the level of your avatar. If you play the game at your avatar level, you are succesfull. If you want to buy your way at a higher level, is very expensive. And you say this is fun. But I think it is more fun to play at your level. Moving too fast at a higher level is like using cheats in a game. Sure you can do it. But the reward and your satisfaction is gone, because you are a cheater. And if you try to cheat, the system will punish you with pour returns. Ofc you lose 150 peds in one hour. I had days when I lost 500 peds in one hour. But when I profit, I take all that back and something on top of that. Anyone can do it. And it is fun.

I think is fun to see that each day you discover a new aspect of EU. That each day, your skills improve and allow you to hunt stronger creatures. That each day you do better and better on same creatures. That you can find better resources.

The real struggle for a hunter these days is to reach the level of p4a and buy an amp 104. He will do just fine. If 104 amp is to expensivem he can skill blp and use svempa S60 with no amp. Great skilling toy that can allow you to kill many mobs and allow you to make profit. And move to the magic p4a.

When someone that hunts on a budget reaches the p4a +104 amp is all set. He will skill his avatar at a decent speed. He will have a good chance to make profit. He will be able to loot ESI's once in a while. Is a great weapon. Why do you say that there are no good items for noobs? You can get coolnes with that pistol. And play for 2 months and just explore. After 2-3 months and some more deposits, playing smart AND having fun you will have already a maxed p5a that is cheap and all the HL serie. But most important is that at the level of p4a you can use your deposits to buy 5b plates one by one. Until you have a full set. And collect shogun armor. That is agreat low/mid level armor. You can hunt with 5b plates mobs up to atrox dominant with p5a+amp. A run on atrox can be expensive, and one should avoid doing that, but if you are chased by a random atrox on your way, you can kill it. Hard. And it will be a fight to remember. It may not pay. But it will be a special moment and it will cost you 7 peds... You see the limits of your avatar. You see you get stronger. You are smart and don't farm tmobs that are hard. You just kill them when they pick on you.

For example when you have gremlin+5b and p5a+amp, if you have a neconu young on you, after coolnes and with T15 fap you have the chance to kill it.

Playing like this, staying always at your level is the only way to actually see the fun in EU. If you buy whatever big gun and whatever big armor and go kill whatever big mob with no skill, you will lose money, and you will not see the subtle difference between mobs. All mobs will look the same. You will feel uber, even tho you are a noob. Instead of fighting the challenge of mobs for your level you fight the challenge of putting ped on your card. More and more. To hunt what you are not supposed to. And having no clue what happens in EU and actually missing the real fun. Not knowing the game. Loving more their personal ego and personal ignorance. Blaming others or the system for personal failure.

EU is fun at 15$/month. And it can be very rewarding.

No doubt to your words at all, but do you really know what they have deposited? No birthday 100 bucks sometimes, no XMas $200 ever, never the occasional second deposit when ammo ran dry?

for some i am very sure that they dont deposit, you usually find them sweating, low budget mining, snablehunting and ost important trading. Why should they hide their deposits from us, shame? Its way more fun to brag in the soc with the new set of 6as !

How did they get the PED to buy the gear? I'm assuming you're talking of participants that have made it yet to at least near the limits of "middle class", not of full time sweaters or 24/7 Exaro young grinders?

i am talking about ppl who were very disciplined in the beginning. Be one month ahead of your expenses with your income and you will find that EU is only half that hard.

There's one problem, and I have recognized for myself: People tend to be not this honest to themselves when it comes to judging their actions, and often develop an astonishing selective memory:
One day, some year ago, I fell into a discussion about the amount of deposits done. I made a strong statement based on what I honestly thought I had deposited, but there came some doubts. So I got my pocket calc & all those collected depositing receipts & vouchers, and calculated: I had deposited close to double of what I had stated.
It's an interesting experiment - guess what you have deposited ever, then verify. I'm quite sure some will encounter something totally unexpected ;-)

People always do like depositing is a bad thing, actually i am proud of my deposits and happy that i found something to invest in, that will really keep my money together and more important ME HAPPY! You can invest in a car and crash it, you can invest in a life insurance and die before it gets payed out, you also can invest in alcohol and party and you will loose it all.

"If spent wisely" - that's it. "Fun" is the other keyword, and they are contradicting IMHO. 150 PED - what can you do with it, after you have reached a region where you hunt, for instance, little Argos at Twins?
It's about the minimal cost for a single hunt you have to calculate, right? 2 or 3 bad runs and you're broken. 2 or 3 days and you'll have all of your monthly deposit burned.
For sure, this doesn't happen all the time, very often it would be better, and you might collect some reserves in these times - but the next bad streak will come, and your PED card will be empty like a young male Snables brain, again ...
It's not this much fun then not to be able to participate in anything of the more advanced Soc activities, not to be able to do anything but mindlessly grinding on most small critters in the hope of a jackpot that would save you.

I'm quite sure in such times are made quite some deposits that will be forgotten then.

And I didn't talk yet of more funny activities for ambitious newbies like team hunts on Ambuli, Atrox or such - that have an even higher risk of destroying the magic $15 in a very short time.

as stated before, first month should be all work. You are a better Entropian when youre disciplined.

There's a difference - you, and your "big time hunters", and maybe to a certain degree even me, are established participants. Participants that have made it to a certain level (where I'm marking the most lowest limit, I'm sure ;-) ), have quite some amount of skills, and have a solid base of reserves in our storages - any newbie would have to deposit his monthly 15$ (and never spent a single PEC!) for quite some years only to reach the TT value of our weapons, armors, platings, FAP's, finders, extractors, refiners, implants, chips - all these nice comfortable tools we take as granted, and that greatly add to our experience and economy!

This way we had a smart start - we started when things was easier, when skills came faster, and we are playing a different game today:
We now have the big advantage to play in a region where it is much easier to survive, we are able to find resources with at least a little markup, to kill mobs that drop at least a little better things than animal hide, animal oil residue, Pixie armor, FAP 5's and such junk, sometimes.

I guess you and your friends are still light years ahead of me, but even I see the benefits of higher skills/ better gear meanwhile, and enjoy it. After years of skilling I was able to drastically reduce my deposits now, too.

yes the point is that, from your and my point of view, some of our "bigtime hunters" are freshman, no 12 month old, but already in the top200 hunter list.

But I haven't reached this point with only 15$/ month. Nor did you, be honest, right?

me? no! But as i said before i dont regret a single depo.

I'm not denying that it would be possible to start with a 15$/ month limit, and maybe even to have a small chance to actually improve. But it wouldn't be fun, and it would take not only years but decades of mindless grind to do, and even then it wouldn't fetch far:
  • 15$/ month might be enough to eventually pay for a most frugal game participation, but then there's nothing left. So
  • 15$/ month aren't by far enough to actually improve in game, that means purchases of gear and equipment, too, with values ways above a multiple of said 15$. A set of 5A plates alone would cost more than a month's worth of playing, similar a lesser TT chip + needed tools, not even to talk about more advanced guns, armors and FAP's. How would you pay for it? Stopping spending any money for over a month everytime you need a new Breer M4a (L)?
It seems more established participants sometimes have a slightly whitewashed view of things - and I admit that I might sometimes be too much problem-orientated ...
But the newbies I'm caring of are telling me that there's no chance developing below at least 50$/ month, and better more. And from my own experience I cannot rebut at all.
The facts I see are self explaining - 15$ a month will never pay you any good gear, unless you're actually sweating for ages and collecting your monthly deposit mercilessly, for literally months or years. Or if you're the lucky guy that hits the 20K Bibo.

its all about beeing ahead of things, for that you have to spend ped. Many hunt too big, many fear too loose ped, many trade wrong. With a vivo t1, a cb5 and 13k ammo you can hunt at least 1300 snables daily and naked. Its very hard to loose ped on a run like this. But this is no toying around anymore, this is hardcore grinding (on the lowest level), as soon as you start to hunt for fun for 1 hour here and for a few ped there you can expect to loose. But nooo it must be Molisk or even better Atrox or Araneatrox, ppl get blinded and seduced by the globals... discipline...

I admit, too, that I might be just stupid and inept:
I'm playing with deposits today ways less then the ominous 15$/ month, and would I chip out, sell out & withdraw I'd be able to buy a nice small car of it, a used one for sure. I'd withdraw quite more than I ever deposited, and I have the exact sums. Would I leave now, EU would have been an investment with an interest of close to 50%.

Decide yourself if you want to follow Olegs advice.

Anyway, I try to be honest. I try not to lie to ppl to talk 'em into something that they might not want, for my profit. For sure, every new participant depositing feeds my loot - and I do a lot to care of those, actually I'm one that always has at least 3 or more newcomers in FL, helping out whenever necessary, donating crafted or looted stuff, hunting with them with loot rules clearly handicapping me.

I do because I know we need them. I think giving them help, support and knowledge will help me, too. Lying to them, talking them into false hopes, talking them into depositing more than they can afford - this would be a kind of "scamming" for me. And I do not do such, never.

Have fun!

good your post stoped, i guess we are way offtopic already:ahh:
...and one advice... you dont sell in crashes you buy!

I agree $15 a month is a bit low to get started, especially as in all likelihood mistakes will be made when you start. Also you struggle a bit to make use of the markup in stackables. So I think it's very much worth putting a lump sum of $50 or $100 in to begin with, if you can. But not to view it as PED to burn, but to try to keep it as a bankroll and play within the $15 per month budget.

Anyway, I have a new, shorter guide:

1. Read all of BlackHawk's posts

if your runs suck the 150 ped are gone

That is the sole most important aspect of this whole thread.

"Playing smart" and 150 ped don't fit together in same phrase if is not about trading. What would be so smart into shooting low mobs with opalo unamped? To be more pricesly, which is that smart way in which you should kill that daikiba to give you a decent loot (say a nice 90% ROI)? Is there a secret, ocult way except "aim, shoot, loot"?

And Alice, that non depo socmate which unlocked wounding in 1 year, how many ubers he got, what was their value and what exactly smart part of pressing the left button of the mouse lead him to them?

Yea, once you reach a budget of 2-3k peds you can already talk about playing smart, but don't expect to win. Don't even expect to break even. But at least you can have the satisfaction you're not spending the peds like an idiot.

As a personal conclusion, I don't trust claims of non depositing. I was there myself, I know what it means to hunt 1 year without depositing, and not exa, I know it can get bad, VERY bad, and I also know usually is NOT player's fault. I just wait patiently to see today's baggers whining tomorrow. It happened, and it always happens. Or yesterday whinners bragging tomorrow, that happens too.

And ye, as Xandra said, selective memory is greatly popular in EU.

For note: my sum of deposits is 12k $, my ava worth 50$, never withdrawn, so I did pretty much everything in this game, didn;t built my experience reading forums (since back then was nothing to get from forums) nor at swunts or collecting fruit. Don;t get me wrong, those aren't dishonorable occupations or something, just them don't give one exactly a position into advising, so be a tad selective who's (spelling?) advices you're following.

Note2: no, this doesn;t reffer to Alice.

Note3: BlackHawk posts are funny.

I don't know anyone that does things right and has constant loses over long periods of time.

You can't know somebody who does things right because doesn't exist a right way, as yourself say to the end of the post.

If I would hunt the way sitram started, I would be broke. In fact, I got broke on drones, with the setups praied by everybody bla bla.

Now ofc you can say oh but 3k peds ain't enough, should have been 5k. Oh, no 5k ain't enough, should have been 10k. Etc. All this while sitram started with what, 1k peds?

Let;s not forget something: he got his first uber within months of hunting, I got my only noticeable uber (11k) after 3 years+. Dunno if he had serendipity unlocked at his first uber, I had unlocked coolness from 0 two times 'till mine. There are things which you simply can't control, nomatter how smart you are.

Is normal in a loot system similar to a lottery, out of close to 10,000 participants, to be able to find 10 succesful winners. It can happen. That doesn't mean the rest of 9,990 are idiots.

And is normal that those 10 winners, out of starting 10,000, being winners, to try again, in a new batch of 10,000 players. Just that this time they can afford 6,000 tickets each. And so on.

Last edited:
Everyone will have varying experiences in EU, that is just how its always been. There are many different ways to approach EU.

I for one find stretching my deposits as long as possible fun. I think its quite challenging to figure out what works and what doesn't while adapting to the changes presented to us by MA.

In my book I don't think I will ever say I've done it all and tried it all when there are still so many combonations currently available and still yet to come.

I may lose and I may win but only time will tell and its really up to me to define how I lose and how I win in EU.

I am a big advocate of personal responsibility in real life and as it pertains to EU. Spend wisely and pay attention to what's going on around you.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am willing to make an experiment if you want. Give me an avatar with 0 skills, 1k ped on card and deposits of 150 ped each month and I play 4-6 hours each day. No one knows the user and pass except for me and those who are part of this experiment. The avatar is not allowed to make any trades other than selling stackable on market in auction at market value or below, and all trades and each run to be documented. Any items looted will be from auction, EF or twin in presence of one of those part in experiment.

After 6 months I promise that that avatar will have a healthy ped card to allow him to go on on its own, full set of armor for its level, full set of plates, and a nice batch of globals. It will be able to use p5a, and afford to buy more than one at a time.

If all this will happen as I say, I expect to get a full set of angel M. If I am wrong, I will pay 1 set of angel in return. Who is in for the quest?

And if I am to expect a reward that will worth my time, I will start a society and manage it in such a way that all those noobs that are willing to deposit will do just fine. I would do it for free if I could afford the time, but I must kill aurli or whatever else to pay the bills.

Okay but try that in mining not hunting, or another profession youre totally unfamiliar with (if there is one). Its not that you and i can do that, but a bloody freshman. Its not only the streettrades, you might be specialized in auction trades (know the healthy and the dirty tricks) and you will use this knowledge because you have aquired it in many, many trades. And no, not 1k ped on card, but 150ped monthly, thats their promise... you will see its tough!

Agreed... it is not the use of a n00b ava... it is the human behind the ava that needs the guide.

lol u speak jibberish a 1 day old nub does not want to spend the next 6 months trading to turn his 15ped into 1k to play the bloody game

There is another aspect to; telling everyone new to become a trader doesn't work, there will simply be too many wannabe-traders, of which a few is good but many more or less luck-seekers desperately looking for easy ways to get PEDs.

Not to forget also, at least imho I think you should have a basic knowledge of the game before going into trading. It doesn't hurt knowing how loot system works (ie that loots aren't gifts), you know the difference between "TT", TT+ and %, you have all (well almost) TPs, you know a few people ingame by socialising. To be successful as a trader you must be able to provide a service, not just doing same service as the TT or the auctioneer at a higher cost. Also you will need to learn the basics about scamming (how to avoid it), it's probably *very* important for new traders.

So before becoming a full-time trader I don't think it hurts to (say) deposit 100 ped, first try sweating, then go out hunting, try mining, and try crafting the same way as everyone else. And, I think you need a certain sum ingame (depending on your level in trading), so you can pay the seller in cash.

Last edited:
Okay but try that in mining not hunting, or another profession youre totally unfamiliar with (if there is one). Its not that you and i can do that, but a bloody freshman. Its not only the streettrades, you might be specialized in auction trades (know the healthy and the dirty tricks) and you will use this knowledge because you have aquired it in many, many trades. And no, not 1k ped on card, but 150ped monthly, thats their promise... you will see its tough!

I don't think BlackHawk intends to imply it is easy, just that with the right know-how that it can be done.

Of course, he has a huge advantage over a newcomer due to the knowledge he has from already having played for years. But the idea of the thread here is to share some of that knowledge so that newer players can learn from it and not make the same mistakes we did!

Nothing to Lose

There are myriad ways to play, and no one is completely right or wrong. The idea is not that for $15.00 you can do anything you want, or that it is easy. The idea is that for some people, that is what they will be willing to pay, at least at the beginning, in order to try the game.

Frank asked those of us in the community to offer our advice to someone in that position. There have been a very wide array of options presented on ways to go about this. The full spectrum of advice offered will help some of the players succeed who might have otherwise failed at an admittedly difficult task, leading to more players making FPC a virtual home.

To everyone who has contributed in the spirit of this thread, you have shown one the most positive elements of EU/FPC. That is the community of players who share this virtual world and their willingness to study, share, help, and encourage others in their individual quest to succeed on their own terms, to meet their own goals, to find their own enjoyment.

That community is part and parcel of what is available to you at $15.00/month, or at any other amount you choose to put forward. Whatever path you choose, learning from (and contributing to) this community brings a richness of experience that makes FPC special.

Thus, one further piece of advice: Think about how much has been shared, for no personal gain, to help you get a foot in the door and experience FPC for yourself. Think about the passion of the debate, and realize that these are the people who make Calypso what it really is - diverse, complex, challenging, and passionate. For $15.00 a month and few months of your time, you can begin to get a sense of all that lies ahead of you, and if that is something you would like to be a part of.

You may well find a place that challenges and inspires you at the same time, and lets you move forward in any direction you chose. Don't let the whiners and naysayers make up your mind for you; see for yourself. You would spend that $45-$60 dollars easily on any other game, so the risk is not in trying, but in passing it by.

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
Just remember...

Just remember... in the real world, tattered and torn clothing usually costs quite a bit if you buy it from a mall. Eventually, if MA changes their ways a bit, every n00b coming in to the game might no longer have tattered clothes, so repairing those OJs might actually be a bad idea? Might be better to put them in storage? We didn't used to be able to trade OJs but can now. Maybe we can do more with them later when CE5 is here and n00bs start out with something completely different than OJs and old "ancient OJs" are now worth tt+5k. I know that will probably never happen, but you never know...

A long time ago, you could get a Punisher I from the weapons trader at Zychion at TT price. Before that, a long while back, I'm told you could get black clothes from some of the TT shops in Hades... Right now, the armor shop over there in Hades is still selling armor that you can buy at 100% that can also be crafted and does have a MU... so it might not be over there forever?... only time will tell. I'm not saying you should go spend 10k on just buying a bunch of opalos, but for some people, that may eventually work out to be a good investment strategy... you never know what will happen in the next vu that rolls around.

Lots of good advices in this thread, I could repeat many of them and did this ingame.
There is, however one thing, and I hope that you will read my post, Frank.

Playing for 15$ per month is possible in EU. More even, it's possible to keep turning this money for much longer than one month. That's the beauty of EU. But there is also one problem, unfortunately a huge one: for this money it is really difficult to find enjoyment in EU. Yes, in the beginning, when everything is new, even sweated money could be enough for having fun. But after 2-3 months what used to be fun becomes grinding and boredom. And there is nothing else apart from that. After a newbie gets all TPs, there is nothing else to be discovered. Some will visit places like Thorifoid temple or one of many crashed spaceships or old battlefields. But the thing is that nothing comes out from such activities. Imagine conversation of two newbies:

"Newbie 1: I visited Thorifoid Temple! (proud)
Newbie 2: Oooh! Cool! What's there?
N 1: Well... Thorifoid Temple!
N 2: But is it some kind of mission, do you get exp or something?
N 1: No, it's just a cool place to go to.
N 2: I'm not sure if I understand you."

Another thing: almost every activity over opalo and tt seekers level is to expensive for a newbie. Even if a newbie has 15$ per month, his progress depends a lot (to much) on his luck. Bad return rate and all he achieved can be dumped in the bin. I remember when I was playing without depos and had regularly to sell out my storage and downgrade. Many, many, too many times going in circles without visible progress and unfortunately, without anything that would keep a new player in game long enough. After my first break (which occured around 3 months after I started) I returned to EU six months later only by a chance: I was bored and had nothing else to do that day.

For the same 15$ per month a player will find much more interesting content in any subscribtion based MMORPG out there. Not mentioning some free to play ones where the only expense is installation DVD. So my friendly word of advice for FPC is: work your asses out to not only improve existing content and graphics, but also ad lots of new stuff. Otherwise you will find yourself in really deep shit.

If I was to mentor some newbie today, I would give him following advice about this 15$ per month:

1. Forget about that "making money by playing online game" outdated bullshit and focus on having some fun. The wilder, the better.
2. Buy tt enmatter seeker and opalo plus something like 10 peds of probes and 10 peds of ammo.
3. Start chatting with people, asking questions, slow exploring areas around PA.
4. Meet people in Swamp Camp, chat with them, team up with them for hunting small mobs. Use your ammo and probes casually, do not plan camping mobs or serious mining runs. Just kill this or that mob to learn how it feels, drop a probe here or there.
5. With people you've met and with your mentor start slow TP run. When you get TP, don't rush to get another one, but stay for a while around, check what mobs are around and if there is anything interesting to see there.
6. Chat with people.
7. Make friends.
8. Ask questions about everything.
9. Think.
10. Have fun!

These tips are all mainly for beginner hunters:

1 Start with a ranged weapon, and get that weapon from the tt.

2 Use weapons only when you have SIB, or are maxed out on them

3 Use armor only when you would otherwise need to heal yourself regularly during or after combat

4 Hunt in a team

5 Have fun

Playing for 15$ per month is possible in EU. More even, it's possible to keep turning this money for much longer than one month. That's the beauty of EU. But there is also one problem, unfortunately a huge one: for this money it is really difficult to find enjoyment in EU. Yes, in the beginning, when everything is new, even sweated money could be enough for having fun. But after 2-3 months what used to be fun becomes grinding and boredom. And there is nothing else apart from that. After a newbie gets all TPs, there is nothing else to be discovered. Some will visit places like Thorifoid temple or one of many crashed spaceships or old battlefields.

Could not agree with you more. 150 peds can last a lifetime, but only if it's used to trade things. After a while, that does get old, just like sweating does after a while, and seeing the same darn AI play over and over and over until you finally just start doing some mob trains to irritate hunters/miners in the area so that even though they are complaining about you, there is some sort of social interaction and a little small tad of excitement...

We already have a bunch of citizens all around the planet... why not assign some quest missions/special events to them?.. Perhaps the quests could pay in sweat instead of in ped or items so that it won't hurt the economy too bad? Maybe they also could help make things like the Duchev log type of events actually make more sense and there would be a coherent storyline that is regularly updated. When a new VU comes and a new island shows up, that's awesome, but it only gives so much excitement for so long because it's still the same thing - go hunt the mob there, maybe mine a bit, possibly do a little pvp if it's in a pvp zone, and then... well... nothing, more of the same...

Sorry if this post is too complaint oriented. Just agreeing with something that's been said. New people fresh to the planet should expect boredom after a while, and not want to leave completely when they get to that point... unfortunately, I think in the current situation that happens a little too often. There is a world of things for our avatars to do in EU, but unfortunately, it seems all to often that the brunt of trying to figure out what to do is placed mostly on our shoulders. Unfortunately, some people that download EU are expecting somethign more like other mmorpgs, where there are quests, and things you need to do in order to accomplish something so that you can then go on and do something else, not just endlessly do a lot of skilling so that you can skill more without any real sense of accomplishment for doing anything since it is all just a lot of endless grinding... never with any goal in mind after a while...

Eomon migration is fun to watch and participate in, but even that gets old if you expect the same thing every so often... We have company names in the game tied to all these various FAPS, armor, etc. It might be good to integrate that more in to the storyline and/or events. Several items mention things that could be backstory that leads to something, but right now it doesn't necessarily lead anywhere.

Back in the day when I used to do a lot of real world role playing games, I would create this huge backstory for every main and minor character that came up... These characters would do things in certain order that was very cause/effect related, and the Player Characters could have some impact on that non-player character part of the story in some ways, but they could not run the entire world... things happened, environments changed, organizational structures in backstories changed, etc. We see that sort of stuff happen in EU with some of the major events, but it's all mostly just a text on the login program and website... That has changed a bit with Carramone, and Shelly more during events, but I don't think we see these types of major npcs outside of big, huge events.. so the boredom factor sets in til another event comes up... but what happens is that the events all to often turn in to this "the city is taken over, if you teleport in you will likely die unless you are an uber but you might get free dodge skills in the process" thing, so even the events are a bit boring to some... The hide and seek event a while back where there was special coordinates put on signs that revealed places to go play hide and seek was nice, but unfortunately, we have a world of players in here that are all on at various timezones, so something like that, and even the big events that do happen that are exciting are only so-so because those that happen to be in certain parts of the world at certain times on certain days (usually when other parts of the world are at work, etc) are getting any action and the rest of the participants are finding boredom and a ho-humness to it all because there is no real ongoing in game events that keep us active, especailly cheap events that most participants might be able to take part in... Lets get more "roleplaying" in to the game...

Governor Dumpty has day to day duties to take part in, I'm sure... perhaps he could have a citizen somewhere ask participants to do certain duties to help his workload... Go deliver this item to X so that you can then do Y, and that might lead you to Z. It would not have to be some difficult task, just something to keep the average non-depositor doing something that will keep them interested when they are sick of sweating and their fingers are almost to the point of bleeding from hitting the sweat hotkey all day long...

Maybe integrate a lot more things in too... I think things are starting to improve, but there is always more room to improve and re-evaluate how things are going and what should come next.

Last edited:
I guess 15$ for start is more than 90% of new players would think of.

My advice:
1. Find a map of Eudoria and Amethera on the net, print it and have it next to your screen.
2. Buy TT enmatter seeker, buy TT driller, buy 10-20ped probes, vivo T1, opalo and some ammo and start tp running. Skip buying armors with first money.
3. Get to Twin Peaks and find a good buyer who doesn't have "sorry, I misscalculated your ped" problem.
4. Sell what you got in loot and what you got in mining... sell Opalo.
5. Repeat the same trying to find more TP marked on your map.
6. Log into EF and find out what to do in game, what to avoid, and who to contact if you get stucked in outpost.

With the expences of enmatter mining 150ped would be enough for a new player to stay a month online.
However the problem is majority of players would rather go hunting than mining. Most people want to shoot in games, not discover, learn, searach for resources and most of all read forums and guides.
This sort of gaming would in my oppinion give chances to stay alive for a month, but wouldn't give pleasure to majority of players.

Most necommers won't read EF, won't ask questions, won't listen to advice. Most people in Swamp Camp will tell you they don't need a mentor and that they will make it on their own. Not asking questions here and not listening to more expirienced players is the shortest way to leaving.
Just the same as faith in the "I will make money and earn on Entropia" idea. Many people join in to make money, not to deposit, and then they leave...
Sorry, but whatever we say here we won't change the attitude of most of the newcommers :(

Blackhawk

I would take that challenge and take it one step forward.

I would quite gladly take a new avatar with no skills and 500 ped on the card and turn that into in 3 months with a skillled avatar with a decent ish armour and plates and good skills in mining and hunting and even maybe a few crafting skills. No extra ped needed each month. Just that initial 500 ped!

Rgds

Ace

Once i would say it was possible, but now unless people are really lucky possible but not really fun. Sweat prices are so low now, more traders each month to compete with and loot system has to much variance for someone to get somewhere ( the time these days would be much longer, wth more trading/sweating to offset bad times).
Sorry but i just feel that $15 being advertised in some marketing move is both totally misleading and dishonest to promote the game, platform, more than a game...:scratch2: in this way.

So nice !!!

Your $15 just arrived on your card :yay:

Amazing how fast it was, and this game looks real cool, isn't it :)

You feel like you're someone that deserves a chance on this world, so hear me friend :

- Keep your peds or you won't last long in this tough world. Or be ready to wait for the next month and we are still only the second day of the month. ( Marco said constructive.... Right, back on track ...)

- Keep your peds, sorry it is constructive...
- Explore Entropia universe
- Find a decent mentor
- Communication is your best ally
- Be aware of your surroundings
- It is a new world, try to discover and adapt.
- Hunt a bit... Do you like it ? Mine a bit... Do you like it ?
- I'm sure you do :ahh:
- Gather information to adapt.
- Intelligence and perseverance will be necessary.

That can be seen as a problem, or as an opportunity.

For a new player trying to play off $15 a month it is a problem, for me not at all as i only chat in EU now. :) Uless you meant buying to make ME, but even then i would suggest to buy something else to invest in - ME will keep dropping imo.

To be constructive though, i would say save all your ped and trade, sweat, and look for stones for the first month or two ( probably 3-4 months in reality). Get about 1k ped together and after hunt/mine or whatever with trade profit, but it will be a soul-less existance imo.

Last edited:
:bs:

The EXTRA 1k ped you want on your card comes out to 16.66 dollars per month over the course of your 6 month proposal... added to the 150 peds per month, that's MORE than double the amount Frank was talking about. :rolleyes:

So I guess you are basically proving that what Frank asked for is impossible if a veteran such as your self would require more than double that amount. :wise:

I've depo'd 1070 USD total since I started in Au '06. I have ~50k skills. I have ~3.5k ped in tt value of assets (probably ~6k counting MV). So hey that doesn't sound so bad right? Comes out to about $13.50 in losses per month (including the 8 months I didn't log in).

Well keep in mind I spent about ~60% of the time I have been in EU sweating hardcore (1276 sweat gatherer skill). :grumble:

It's not that I am an EU-hater.* But I think the devs asking us for methods to play the game for a standard monthly fee when they don't explain how anything works to us is silly (and a little insulting). Seems that some of the positive posts in here are just hot air (others are actually really good).

* I plan to keep playing (without depos). I have developed a decent strategy recently that's been giving me a small profit margin, of course it won't put me in the black in less than 5 years, and if I have less than avg. luck it could collapse into loss at any time.

You got it all wrong. I don't need 1k ped to start. and be able to develop a new avatar. But with less than that is just not worth my time. Developing a new avatar would mean stop playing mine, and I would not do it with an empty one, because it makes no sense to waste my time. Also I said that after those 6 months the avatar will basically need no more deposits to be able to upgrade and play. But just that. To reach at a decent level of play. Having fun. Killing almost any monster in EU without huge loses, except for those that are too uber and no one in the right mind should try without a lot of cash to afford farming them, knowing what monsters to avoid, and so on. For me is not worth playing such an account and my time is wasted. Also I wanted to be safe in my assumptions, because I am sure you can do it with a lot less. But with 1k start I have no doubts you can do it IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. And is in your power to know what to do.

If you say that you deposited 10k ped plus and only have 50k skills and an MKV it just proves that you are not very creative or informed about how the game works, and you are a very good example about how a noob on a budget should not play. Why would someone with only 50k skills own a gun that needs sooo much more skills? If you would have deposited 100k ped and used that gun you would have had close to 80k skills and still nothing to show for. I would say MA has no fault because you make a mistake and repeat it until you have no cash left.
If you spend that much time in EU, you just waste a lot of time in EU. Even if you use a sweat bot as some do, is still not worth, because the cost for electricity is higher than the cost of sweat. So if you deposit you do a lot better anyway.

Sweating is something all people should do at first to see how it works. To get some free skills. But not insist on it too long. Is just not worth. And is hard to love EU if all your experience in this game consist in a pointless activity and you fail in everything else.

You will see that if you sell that MKV and use stuff for your level you will make a lot more skills, have a lot more fun and have the cash last a lot longer, if not making more cash.

I may write a detailed post about how to hunt and what to hunt to fit in 150 ped budget each month. Because is easy. And fun.

You got it all wrong. I don't need 1k ped to start. and be able to develop a new avatar. But with less than that is just not worth my time. Developing a new avatar would mean stop playing mine, and I would not do it with an empty one, because it makes no sense to waste my time. Also I said that after those 6 months the avatar will basically need no more deposits to be able to upgrade and play. But just that. To reach at a decent level of play. Having fun. Killing almost any monster in EU without huge loses, except for those that are too uber and no one in the right mind should try without a lot of cash to afford farming them, knowing what monsters to avoid, and so on. For me is not worth playing such an account and my time is wasted. Also I wanted to be safe in my assumptions, because I am sure you can do it with a lot less. But with 1k start I have no doubts you can do it IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. And is in your power to know what to do.

If you say that you deposited 10k ped plus and only have 50k skills and an MKV it just proves that you are not very creative or informed about how the game works, and you are a very good example about how a noob on a budget should not play. Why would someone with only 50k skills own a gun that needs sooo much more skills? If you would have deposited 100k ped and used that gun you would have had close to 80k skills and still nothing to show for. I would say MA has no fault because you make a mistake and repeat it until you have no cash left.
If you spend that much time in EU, you just waste a lot of time in EU. Even if you use a sweat bot as some do, is still not worth, because the cost for electricity is higher than the cost of sweat. So if you deposit you do a lot better anyway.

Sweating is something all people should do at first to see how it works. To get some free skills. But not insist on it too long. Is just not worth. And is hard to love EU if all your experience in this game consist in a pointless activity and you fail in everything else.

You will see that if you sell that MKV and use stuff for your level you will make a lot more skills, have a lot more fun and have the cash last a lot longer, if not making more cash.

I may write a detailed post about how to hunt and what to hunt to fit in 150 ped budget each month. Because is easy. And fun.

Reread my post... I said I have 3.5k tt value of assets that is probably worth ~6k ped in MV (market value). Not a MkV.

So I wasn't saying I am totally broke except for 50k skills and a MkV. But thanks for all the condescension just the same. :grumble:

I had about 72k skills but I chipped down because I didn't have enough bankroll to hunt at a level where I needed them (also I focused on only blp rifle now instead of both blp and laser rifles and handguns). Which is part of my point, the peaks and valleys are too extreme for $15/mo to work beyond hunting with ~L15 maxed SIB.

My point about your offer to level a new avatar for $31.66/mo is valid regardless of how much you claim your time is worth. This thread was about how a new player could get started for less than half that cost. Your offer to demonstrate how capable you are is either off-topic or evidence that $15/mo isn't enough, so which is it?

Edit: also, you say I am not a good person to talk about how a noob should play on $15/mo, but yet your experience grinding aurli with a MM makes you more qualified to speak about it? :scratch:

Free is still an option. This thread is about playing for $15.00 month, similar to other games, and my post was geared to such a player. I played for free for a little over three months - until graduation. That was my choice.

:beerchug: Miles

Yeah, but you basically said in your previous post that for $15/mo the gameplay you will get isn't much more than a trial. Or did I misread you?

Look, I like EU a lot, and I think it's worth more than what I have put in (I just don't have a lot of money IRL :ahh:). But I think telling people that you can get a full month of play with only $15 is disingenuous. Unless MA makes some changes in the volatility of returns, this game has a short-term cost that is (on avg) higher than that even at the lowest levels of play, especially if you approach it from a newcomer's perspective and play experimentally and without all the knowledge and perspective of a veteran.

I sweated for 9 months before I ever deposited. I think some people here are getting the wrong idea about me and my EU history because I sound like a bitter loser. Well I have ~60% of total deposits in assets. Skills I have are in addition to that. I am hunting a low-level mob with good mark-up on regular loots using a maxed UL SIB weapon. During the major market correction in the past 9 months I lost ~700 ped on MVs (Market Values) that dropped below the price I purchased them. After 3 years, my loss comes out to less per month than the $15 pricepoint on a standard subscription. I haven't gotten extremely lucky or rich playing EU, but I don't consider myself a total failure either. I have payed about what one would expect to pay for so many hours of online entertainment. I am not bitter about the overall cost.

What I am trying to say is, "Do we expect all newcomers to sweat for more than 60% of their time AND deposit as much as a monthly subscription game costs?" For their $15/mo they DO NOT get the possibility to become uber. They get the most meager level of subsistence on our planet (unless they get lucky). That's my problem with EU: it requires too much bank-roll even for activities that are being done as safe as a player can do (like crafting a 100QR maxed SIB blueprint on quantity), and the unexpected successes are too big. They don't feel like a windfall, but an act of God. We need more even returns. Then I would say you can play for $15/mo and if you make wise decisions you could even progress limitlessly (as one right decision builds up the value of the next right decision). I believe that is the vision of EU that it's creators had.

I think as a whole we players are doing something different than the developers expected that is leading to these super-clumpy returns. The fact that it is "our fault" doesn't change the reality. I think the system needs adjusting before we can expect regular MMO players to come and enjoy the experience they get here for the price they are used to paying. My opinion on this topic is heated because I feel like it's absurd for FPC to ask us how to do something that I feel they should be taking more steps to ensure.

Just hunt / craft / mine on your level... Works for me.

Just hunt / craft / mine on your level... Works for me.

Nope, that most certainly does NOT work, I did that, and progressed in skillgains insanely fast from the very beginning, but after a certain point, as everyone knows, loot stays sucky but skillgains diminish whilst costs go through the roof (id like to see you find a (L) long blade at lvl 20'ish for 150 ped and manage to swing it for a full month? how about LR66 when your at that lvl? and so on and so forth).

And i'm currently working on finding out if playing with snables with an opalo is a viable option, but im guessing the only difference is the peds one pisses out the window per hour.

// Exo

Night because I know you from the forum (I did read many of post you made I will try to develop little).

First of all I don’t play Entropia to PROFIT never did never will, as stated in many of posts I made on this forum for me games are something to do to escape the hard working days (may this be to relax or talk to drunk ppl on TS or vent while in 150 man fights).

Night I can tell you that if you read the forum you probably did realize that many ppl don’t profit in Entropia (tbh dear Night it will not work as sys if we all profited (MA can’t lose)). Now dear night as we know that for FACT to any one that states that at any given day we will profit will be FALSE.

I believe some ppl play Entropia to profit (is this wrong or right approach I dont know I will not judge any one). I can tell you that if you play it at dally basis with equipment available to us today (sadly no I don’t own modfap or IMP MK II) I lose simply because I play it allot.

TBH to me is getting boring after about few days cos there is no story or developing going on I mean I click the machine to craft or click gun and fap to loot mobs… After few days of clicking the excitement fade away and I stop for few months.

I don’t think the statement I made is not true:

I believe I know the game well (developed great network of old and knowledge players that helped me in many ways) I simply believe that am really unlucky or whatever is behind Xing character in game don’t work, I tried mining, crafting and hunting on high levels.

Traded the first year but the return was just not worth the time (ex hour ratio will be better even if you get job in Mc).

You can talk to all traders today that are hard core and all will admit that is not what it used to be, I see many friends that did buy items 2 months ago (I know what they paid for those items) and after 2 months am back the items are not sold (fact is that not many ppl buy thinks ATM thus making trading even harder).

Night I can take you on hunts with me and you will see what I use as weapons and armor and believe me ( apart modfap and IMP MK II) you can’t go better, is simply returns are so small that the issue is always same (sry you ped card balance is 0).

And I see ppl that are addicted and on line selling skills to get the last blood drop in the sys and I feel sry for them, no am not the only one that think this can’t go on forever before it crash, there are many many MANY old not negative players on this forum that don’t feel we are getting any where…

I play Entropia to relax not to WIN or MAKE money but when that fun is getting to expensive I tend to walk away from what it seem right now something that going on wrong track (not for MA but players).:)

OK,ill try this 2:)
for 145 ped u could buy tt mining equitment and try to mine both,enmatter and ores.When u are lucky,u wil get a tower within your fist few skills,that wont happen later,or atleast not in the near future.U will probably make few runs before u run out of peds,and then wait till the next month 2 try again.
My 2 pec

Guide to play on 150 PED/month.

I will start a detailed guide on how to play this game on 150 ped because it is a lot of debate about tha fact that it can be done. I think it can be done and I also think that after few months you don't need to deposit anymore, and you end up playing for free. You will not be uber, however, unless you are very lucky or you decide to invest a lot more than that. You will be able to make small profits that will allow you to upgrade your avatar, but you will not be able to make withdrawals on regular basis. However, if you decide to quitm you will have a value on your avatar close to what you deposited, if not higher. I trust it will be higher.
I will cover the hunting profession, because I think I know this profession best, and I also think is harder to start than in mining. I would not advice anyone to start as a crafter.

After you download the game, make an account and join EU for the first time, you will make a new avatar. Make it female. Armors at this time are cheapper because of pour balancing MA made on drop rate, basing the total amount on number of accounts, not on total M and F in game, so is equal number of M and F armors, but less F players, so you will be able to buy at later time a cheapper armor. This aspect is more important than you will think at first sight. If MA will change the way drops work, you will probably have no advantage, but you will lose nothing anyway, so you will be just fine.

After you make your avatar, make it big. Small avatars are good in PK, but in hunting, if you make a big avatar some mobs will not jump over you, or at least you have a better chance to avoid that. Pk is not something you will afford anyway on that budget.

When you will start the game, after you make the avatar, you will be spawned in Port Atlantis. Now it will be the hardets thing to do for a new player. LOG OUT.
Before you make any action in this virtual universe you need to understand what you are doing. Don't make even one step or press one key until you know what it does. If you do, you may do something stupid and it will cost you money. You just can't afford to be stupid on your budget.

So, you need to start learning the game. If you think you will just move around and see what's what, you have a good chance to fail and you will quit and be frustrated.

Go to this https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entropia-universe-tutorials/ address and read all the posts. is important to read all the posts. Especially those about controls and keyboard mapping. You need to understand how to move in first person view. You need to learn how to enable aim mode, you need to learn many things like that.

After that, is time to add some bookmarks that will help you in future.

1. Entropedia
2. Bob the builder
3. Entropia Tracker
4. Entropia tools Learn to use this one. It will help you start the game.
5. My items
6. Jax Map great maps that will help you a lot.

After you finished reading the tutorials, you know how to move around. You have the maps and you know how to reach different places. Is time to make the first and most important thing in EU. Define your own quests. The first quest is rather obvious. Get all the teleports in game. Do not make a deposit yet. Don't make a deposit until you have all teleports. This is important. It will test your patience, it will help you see many mobs, you will die a lot. But don't worry, dieing in EU is for free. You will learn more than you can expect if you will do this quest with no deposit, no armor and NO HELP. There are few points, however, where if you get stuck, you have no chance to escape without help, but you will find some hunter around that will escort you out eventually.

You will learn how the argo works on most mobs. Most of them will not attack if they are out of the first circle on radar, and you will have to exploit that distance in order to take all teleports.

Easiest way is to walk in water where you can, or close to shore, because there are no mobs around there, and if there arem there will be fish, that don't attack on land, or you can run in water and drown the mobs. It will take you few days, or even more than 1 week to get all teleports. During this time, you will die many time, but you will also get some evade. The good thing is that you see most mobs in game. Now that you have all the teleports, you can think about starting a profession and joining a society, I would not advice to join a society sooner. It will make it easier for you to get all the teleports, but if you don't do it on your own you will miss a lot of experience. If you use armor or TP chip, it will not do you any good.

Now is time for you to go and visit popular sweating places and sweat for a while, at least until you make 300 skills in sweat gathering. That is not for the money you will get from sweat. Is for the evade skills you get from getting hit and from people you get to meet. Now, is time for you to make your first deposit. I expect that getting all TP's and getting to 400 sweat gathering points will take about 1 month, so is safe to say that you can deposit 30$, for the first month that you got for free, and for the next one. You will have 300 peds. I don't know what taxes you will have, but I assume the sweat you have, if you sel it, will cover the taxes for deposit. You will start hunting with 300 peds.

I will start by saying that each mob in this universe is a system that behaves in a special way. While you progress, you will unlock new mobs you can kill. Your goal is not only to last 1 month with 120 ped. If you start with that in mind, you will fail. Your goal is to profit. If you start with that in mind, you will break even and get the skills for free. So, at first, my advice is to use gear from TT. Your first goal is to max all the items in TT.

first and the best item to max is tt short blade. It is an overlooked item, but it has the best economy out of all the items in TT and it gives all skills for HP that the rest of them give, but it also gives melee combat and Strength. That is good for you. You will get more HP. Use the TT short blade until you have 2000 in short blade. Go in runs with 6-10 blades on you and try to burn them all in one run.

Now, the most important aspect. What to hunt. You need to choose mobs that you will kill in minimum 7 hits and maximum 17-18 hits. you will see that thos criteria will exclude mobs like snable young and such. My advice is to start with exarosaur and daikiba. Where to hunt.. You already know that from TP run and searching on forum. Post on forum and ask if you don't know. However, N of Fort Troy is a good place to start, but there are many others. Don't buy armor yet. Use the TT fap for some fap skills. After 1 week of hunt, you will have many pixie and goblin parts. See what you have and buy the rest of the armor if you must. It will be at most TT+1 and you can find this in auction. Visit the malls. Visit the shops. Many will sell for TT if you search around.
After the first week of hunt, you should however have 1 full set of pixie armor. Continue hunting mobs like daikiba, exarosaur, snarksnot and such.
You will have 300 ped TT of blades to start with, Put all loot in storage. When you finish those blades, go in port atlantis and twin and see who spams that it will buy whatever you have. Try to sell all you have to players. Check market value on each resouce. If you get something that is worth it, keep the loot in storage. If is about 105% or more. If is less, sell to TT. You have no other choice at first on your budget. Try to cycle the peds as long as you can. When you will have the shortblade maxed, I think you will have better returns and you will do okay. I think for one month you will be able to hunt with the short blade in pixie armor and see how it works for you.

When one month has passed, you will have lots of skills and more HP and is time to upgrade. With that next deposit, buy an amp A 101 from auction for as little as you can and the rest of the peds keep for ammo. Use Opalo and go back to kill mobs around Argus or in same place. Use 101 from the first tday you start using Opalo. Now is the time when you will start to upgrade your avatar. You should be able to hunt those mobs with opalo+101 until you max the Opalo. I suggest to add Combibo and Berycled in the menu. It all deppends on how much time you have Go in hunting runs that use ammo to burn the entire amp. This wil allow you to stay close to break even. In 2 months, if you shoot 4 hours each day I think you will get some globals that will probably pay for the loses or even put you in a small profit. Do not upgrade armor. Do not change the weapon.

Use Opalo until you max the Breer M2a (l). When you have that gun maxed, you will have to sell the 101 amp and buy an 102. Congratulations! You have unlocked a new mob. You can now hunt Cornudacauda. Try them N of Zeus, S of Chimera Chanions. There are some also around Argus and N of camp Caravan. Do runs for one amp. Try to hunt for at least one amp each run. Now, if you see that in first 10-20 peds loot is filled with no loots and loot is just bad, move to another server. You can also hunt other mobs. Cornudos, caudatergus and such. Even Fauchevix and so on. I advice to stay on one, but if you like to move around, do so.

the advantage of hunting one mob is taht you will get only one type of resources to stack in storage and you will have a better chance to sell them for markup. If you will have tons of 3 ped stacks you will not get much for those.

However, my advice is to stay on those mobs for a long time. With M2a, a good mob to try is also Tantilion, and you will get a lot of skills on that one.

Now, it will come the deposit for next month. You will have 150 peds to add and you need to decide if is better to use on more ammo, or buy a set of 2a plates to add on your pixie.

Do not upgrade your weapon from M2a to something else until you have more cash. My advice is to hunt with M2a on cornudacauda and mobs that are easy to kill with that gun until you make 1-2k ped. Add each month deposit to increase the cash flow. As you see, I count on the fact that you will profit, and if you will do things right, you will. Add 2a plates on your pixie when you can afford, but you should always have 2-300 ped on card. You can buy one at a time until you have full set. Stay on cornudacauda. If is bad in one place, move somewhere else.

This is how you start. Your goal is to reach the level where you have maxed p4a and 104 amp, you have 3k ped on card and decide if you want to hunt argo or drones. If you want argo, add 5b plates on your pixie and for drones you should buy whatever drone hunters use there. Research.

When you will be able to hunt argo, you will be able to loot constant markup from iron, you will get more globals and some hofs at times.

All this talk so far is based on using the best eco setup in game on different mobs. Always try to profit. Always use good UL amp on L weapon.

Your goal is to go to p5a+106 amp. Do not move from p4a+104 to p5a+104 or p5a+105. Wait until you can afford 106 amp. At argo you will loot a teleport chip. You can use it yourself and buy the implant from TT. You can also start to teleport back if you die. You have no use for teleport chip before that time. Upgrade when you can afford to gremlin armor. Most parts are TT food. Gremlin+5b is one of the best setups in game for most mobs.

When you have gremlin+5b and p5a+106 and 3-4k ped on card, you can hunt almost any mob you want and you will do okay. I suggest to go for esto or allo until you make enough profit and skill to hunt bigger mobs.

In all this time, study, Read forum, make friends. Never team up on mobs that are too big for you or they can kill you unless you can afford to loose all the peds you plan to put in that hunt. This is important. You may want at times to go on something bigger. And I say go for it. But be sure you can afford to do so.

Edit>> add disclaimer:

This is what I would do if I would play on that budget. I trust it would work. I know people that did it and it worked for them. However, if you fail following this way, is not much I can say. EU is dynamic and some things may not work the same for all people. I trust however that those things should work the same for all people, but is no way to know. If this does not work, something else will. The problem is that you will need to figure out on your own what it is. I am convinced that all avatars can make profit in EU with the right choices. Note that that does not mean that all will make profit. It just means that most will make the wrong choices.

Never forget the power of exponential function. Is of extreme importance in EU and in life. Watch this video:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Status
Back