START SMART - Making the most of your PED

Status
New players should see Black Hawk post :) n1;)

Even when i think this is really good advice since blakhawk is one of the best hunters out there - i'd say someone should create an ava and prove this way works. Anway +rep for blackhawk

regards

i think a player should deposit around 200000 USD to 4000000 USD.

1)deposit a large amount the first time
2)DONT SWEAT
3)buy a uber gun unlimted sib
4)buy a mod fap
5)buy a store
6)buy a bank
7)buy a LA
8)buy a planet

Get a good mentor like me...

if you have over 200 000 USD :thumbup:

Reactions: aia
Another great one from Blackhawk... learned some new tricks... thanks

Guide to play on 150 PED/month.

this is exactly ( i mean exactly) the history of my avatar, except 2 points: i used A105 on H400 for a while before i was able to afford A106, and i haven't deposit since i bought that A105 ^^

PS: i would advise to keep depositing some ped each month though, so you will eventually outskill me and be able to upgragde to high mid lvl..

why i don't deposit myself? well, at the time i stopped depositing i couldn't afford it.. i got so used to fight for my daily oil that it became for me the game, the challenge..
at the present day, yes i could deposit again, and yes i'm expecting it to happen one day, but for now it would feel like ending my personal quest before even getting the notice of failure.. ain't gonna happen :p

Last edited:

But:

On the other hand you are telling stories that are plain wrong today. Stories that might have been true somewhere in the old days, but things have changed drastically since. I'd not call 'em lies because I'm sure you did bona fide, but they still are wrong and misleading. This makes it impossible to +Rep.

If I'd be allowed to give an advice:
Go to Swamp Camp, offer hunting help. You'll meet them ominous newbies there. Hide your big gear, and use some TT stuff - don't frightem 'em! Talk to them, attend them a little on their way. Don't bury them with all of the "useless stuff" rotting in your storage, that might be small fortunes for them.

Help, attend, talk, be with them, do the things they do. Learn how newbie life today is on Eudoria. You'll be surprised. Beneath other, how fast 150 PED are burned.

Have fun!

Assuming I don't know how the new player level is based on what? I can't go to swamp camp and I can't stay and talk and spend a lot of time there. I am busy with my hunting while I am in game. And this is pure truth. I hunt a lot and I do it so because this is my job. I need to spend all this time making money, and I think I do it in a honest way, understanding how the system works up to some point, and taking advantage from it. I don't keep any secrets about main things, but there are some details I keep to myself. Those are not essential however. And are the kind of things that help me to predict when a type of resource is about to drop, when is expected to lower the price on something, to go up on something else and so on. And those are common sense conclusions anyone that knows the game will figure with a little thinking.
But I do know how beginner life is. I had friends that started the game from zero and they followed exactly what I wrote in that post. And it works. They all reached a decent level of skill. Like I said, I can play a new account and log all it does and all the return it gets, but if my lost time is compensated by those curious in getting the data for experiment. I have no personal interest in doing so, because I know it works. On the other hand, anyone that read that post can do it. The trick is never to upgrade too soon. Never risk remaining out of peds. If you can hunt for 20 hours, I am sure the return will allow you to hunt for 15 more, and if you hunt for 15 more hours, I am sure the return will allow you to hunt for 10 more and if you hunt for 10, the return will allow to hunt for 7 more. So you start with a budget that can allow playing for a certain amount of time, the returns will double that time spent if is bad. But if you use tools for your level and you kill mobs for your level you will get a global eventually. A global will push your time in game to many more hours. In all this time you get skill, knowledge, atributes, and all this is for free. Is hard for me to belive that you will end up with 0 ped on card and no items in storage if you play it right. None of my friends were in such a bad position. It can't be that they are all lucky.

You just need to understand that until you ahve the right skills for a mob, you will lose on that mob. If you have constant loses, you do something wrong.

I forgot to mention a great gun a new player on a budget can use and have good results with it. And that is Svempa S60 (L) That pistol used without amp gives nice skills and allows you to stay active. I remember I made profit using it. Recently some friends tested it again and it was great on drones. So there are many good options out there for low level. A lot more than when I started.

On the other hand, I don't think is corect to say that I am wrong before you test this. Or until someone will test this.

If you know a person willing to test what I write there and make a blog with logs out of it, I am willing to provide the 150 ped/month for 1 year. The person needs to have 0 skills. A new account. And I want to have that person in FL to be able to talk from time to time.

I am willing to mentor 5 people that are willing to apply that quest. The condition to mentor them is:

1. They need to be in the same time zone.
2. They need to speak English.
3. They need to spend around 4 hours/day in game.
4. They will make a blog where they list the value of the avatar every day (using my items) and the story of that day (what mob, how much spent, how much return, what, details...)
5. They are willing to join ventrilo or teamspeak on regular basis so I can talk to them without typing. I don't have time to type too much in game, and this is why I do not want to take disciples.
6. The 5 people will form a society of their own
7. They have a female avatar. You can have your avatar purged, deleted and start a new one if you contact the support. If you have anything of value, you can sell and give to anyone you know and trust and get back on your avatar. Whatever you have on the old one you can keep in storage. If you think the value you have on your avatar is less than whatI plan to give (150 ped each month) it may even worth.

I think that society will be in top 50 in 2 or 3 years.

I will give them 150 ped each every month for 1 year at a date we agree.
I will provide advice and be on almost every day on ventrilo or TS.

All this because I want to see that blog made by 5 different sources, so that will conclude if it works or it does not work.

The 5 people can team up if they want in teams with the name of their society. This way, their progress can be tracked on tracker, and blog can be confirmed.

I would appreciate if the 5 people are trusted and known in real life by someone from game, because I want honest people to do the job.

Edited and added rule 7.

Last edited:
Blackhawk, nice posts. (the guide, and the disciple thingy)
I've done the same with Opalo, but hunting Snables, Daiks, Exas.
Not profit for me though. However I don't hunt and break 6-10blades, my hunts are at max, 2000 ammo, which does last a while for me. 1 1/2 hours or so.
Also, many players heal people at revival spots, I've done that before, but now, I hunt naked, and heal myself instead, so I get evade skills, and no armor decay. (I still heal noobs at swamp whenever I get a nice deal trading)
However, I didn't mine in the best spots, started off mining in a Mining Competition and on TP Runs, and somehow, I'm actually profiting. It's luck more than skill, or experience, I believe. Today, hunting snables/daiks/exas at atlas haven, I hit an all-time low of 13% returns. That's because I hit a sh*tload of no-looters, and I am already on the better eco setups for newbies.
But if I could start playing all over again, I'd sweat a bit more. My SG isn't 400 yet =) But it's almost that. (I started trading a bit early XD, hehe) Then I'd go Opalo at Atlas Haven all over again. But your advice does change my opinion, I'll go hunt bigger mobs. But for the past four and a half months, I haven't deposited 60$. However, not depositing, I have over 600 PED (barely). So I believe, if I had 150 PED a month, that guide would be pretty darn good :D
Just like to ask, a Level 3 BLP Sniper (Hit), what mobs should I hunt? (Send me a PM, I don't want to pollute this thread)

Last edited:
After my bad experiences and my doubts that is possible i am actually willing to test it as i said above this should be proven. The problem is just maybe i don'T fullfill all your criteria exactly.
1. They need to be in the same time zone.
I'm in CEST so we have at least a difference of 1 hour i think

2. They need to speak English.
Agreed

3. They need to spend around 4 hours/day in game.

This is nothing what i could promise for every day. I have a job and family so it can be 4 hours on other day maybe 3.

4. They will make a blog where they list the value of the avatar every day (using my items) and the story of that day (what mob, how much spent, how much return, what, details...)
5. They are willing to join ventrilo or teamspeak on regular basis so I can talk to them without typing. I don't have time to type too much in game, and this is why I do not want to take disciples.
6. The 5 people will form a society of their own
np with these points

I would appreciate if the 5 people are trusted and known in real life by someone from game, because I want honest people to do the job.

I can give you a list with the people knowing me ingame. Just two of them know me actually irl.

The other possiblity would be to use my own avatar where you don't have to spend 150 PED each month.I'd agree to the other rules but would like to stay in the soc I am in. There are great people in it i don't want to miss. Since i have already some gear and still PEDs for 2 Months we could confirm in that way if it works. I would be willing to depo 15€ each month after the 2 Months (if that way works it can be two months - regarding to my experience it's more 2-3 hunts ) period when i can see that way works. So the advantage of this is you won't lose 150 PEDs each month on me and i would just confirm if your advise works or doesn't and open a blog thread for it here on ef.com The disadvantage is the Ava is already 3 Months old and maybe we have to justify out some things of the already existing avatar

So decide yourself

Kind Regards

Last edited:
I hope there are interested people for this experiment joining. The collected information and knowledge might help many new players either to save money by their knowledge or will prove that it might be not possible nowadays. However the result will be - i'm excited over it.

Kind regards
Jennson

:rolleyes: soooo 150 ped a month ?

rofl :D

ok well i'd start with sweating up to get a set of gnome or goblin and an opalo
or you could find me and get me to mentor you ( losts of saving to be had when you get the right info)

i'm not shure 150 ped a month will set you up nicely for hunting. you could try your luck on kerberos, exas and daikiba, they have been know to global so there might be a chance of not blowing the whole budet in a fiew days.
but you'll get bored of them after a bit and then you'll want ot get shogun and hunt atrox like loads of other people but forget it on 150 ped a month.

or if you realy want to go nuts get yourself a shortblade and go skill some tants , you'll make loads of skills from it and you can chip that out every now and then for extra ped

insted i'd recomend mining. specificaly enmatter mining. you can go get nexus and insted of selling that to a traider, buy some noob's sweat ( or get your own) and traid in ME.
use an L finder to start with, and move up to the MF105 ( it has learning periode for quite a bit so that = skills ) for tips on where to mine please become my disiple ;)

forget crafting, avoid it like the plague. the only way to profit is if your lucky enuth to get the glitch hofs that drop on unskilled crafters with crap BPs. or you need to be top of the game and be able to controle the market ( and that means depositing megabucks ! )

i hope this answerd your question frank

Hi,

to Alice, Parlog (& others I might have forgotten):

(BlackHawk, there's a paragraph for you, too :) )

I don't a doubt a single word you tell me.
I know that it is possible to survive in EU with a 15$, even if it would mean to abandon all fun & to take on the most horrible, boring, repetitive grind any computer game ever has offered. Question is how long this is to bear?

[...] ask people for their best tips for starting Planet Calypso with a monthly budget of US$15. [...]
I understood this in a way that we should talk about the start of an Entropian career. This career wouldn't IMHO end with hunting with P/M 2a and a small amp, in Pixie or Goblin, using TT finders to mine, if at all.

And exactly this is the point where, in my opinion, the 15$ fall short. If going further, be it hunting, mining or crafting, often alone one of the tools that need to be replaced are eating up the whole monthly deposit. So buy a new finder, then wait a month before you can afford the bombs for 1 run?

For sure, P/M 2a might bring you into a region where sometimes a global might ease the losses, but how many are getting globals today in such a beginner region? And what value?

I know, this was different some time ago, and I enjoyed it myself! I have quite some screenshots of even young Atrax giving globals of 500 PED - today I kill even more of them, but a 100 PED global on anything below Guardian has become close to impossible (delete the "close to" for me ...).

Times have changed. There was times when you could have fun with Axe 2x0 and a TT sword, today you'd lose most badly. Right, today we have nice tools like Embra Laser Sword C1 (without L), I have one and it's the best thing I ever bought, but said 15$ newbie would have to do nothing but collect his monthly deposits for 10 months to even buy a min. condition one, without any MarkUp! According to Entropedia a full TT one would come for 2,972 PED + 1,020.43 PED markup today - this is 3,992,43 PED, or close to 400$. 27 months to save the monthly deposit to be able to afford ... And the comparable guns have an even higher MU ...

Times have changed, and with them the loot has, especially on small mobs. Eco hunting is the key, and it has its price. For sure, our newbie wouldn't need a unlimited weapon, but how to afford the periodically broken L pendants, after it's very initial phase of maxing TT gear? With 15$/ month? Weapons, FAPs, Finders? With 15$/ month?

This newbie would need to have more luck then anybody I know in game, would it plan to ever step up to the more interesting regions of this game.
And it wouldn't need only loads of luck, but quite some time, too. Skill gains while naked shooting medium Snables with an Opalo are diametrically opposed to the chance to not lose this much ...

It's a question of definition it seems. How far should these 15$/ month last?

I can easily agree they'd be enough for TP running, Opalo hunting, TT finder mining in a small scale, maybe even for initial crafting. For further hunting I'd think the P/M 2a might work, too - the melee ppl would have problems yet.
But further? Better armor, periodically renewed weapons? How to pay from the 15$ if you're not very, very lucky to global huge just in time, repeatedly?

And how to buffer a bad hunt a little later, in the P/M 4a range? How to pay for weapons, FAPs, finders then? With 15$/ month? Sry, folks, I cannot imagine. And I know no one that is able to do this. Not even to talk of the next step, H400/ P5a or Taurus/ LR32 - impossible then!

Think of it - we are still in newbie land here. The occasional Argo Hunter at Twins will have you for breakfast, and you'd just be able to tank an Atrox Provider quite long (provided suiting armor/ plates that doesn't come for nothing), but killing it would make you fall asleep on your keyboard ...

So IMHO the dreaded 15$/ month wouldn't fetch you even to "newbie middle class", as long as you're not the most lucky participant on line, or are prepared to suffer incredible grind for literally years. While your friends will HoF big already you'd still whack cute harmless little critters over and over ...

I stand to it, 15$/ month will help you nothing. Better spent elsewhere.
It can make you survive the initial few months (after your sweating), but it will prove much too few very soon.

If you want to start a career in EU, even if you don't have the goal to get Uber in a year, calculate about 25 - 50$/ month, and reserve some bigger amounts you can afford due to XMas/ Birthday/ lottery wins/ whatever. You'll need them, and you'll need repeatedly. Just to keep the pace. You'll be among ppl that deposit 100$/ month or even ways more ...

To BlackHawk:
I cannot but +Rep you now, even if I'm still quite contrary to some of your positions. You showed this much engagement, provided this much help and good will, this needs a reward.
Quietly I'm hoping you'd share one or two of your secrets with us, if baited this way ;-)))
Because "profiting" on a regular base still is foreign language for me. I cannot hunt Neconu youngs even, even in Gremlin/5B and with LR41/a103 and P5s/a104 they eat me before I have wasted 50% of their HP. Atrox, Ambuli, Esto and such rarely even pay my bill.
Even my beloved Atrax have become greedy since quite some time - even if I hunt only Young - Providers naked, only with maxed high-eco weapons, they don't pay anymore.
The only ones that usually pay over longer periods of time are the rare medium snables, high Exaro, and small Argo. I'm grinding on them as long as I don't have money, have I mentioned I deposit just to buy new gear?

But you gave me an idea. I'll get my UL Embra, TT knife and Opalo/a101 to grind on small molisk. In plain Kobold, guess it would suit best of my armors. With Vivo-T1 and Hedoc SK-20 as combat FAP, should I need.

And I'll write down every single hunt. Will I be able to survive this with an initial cost of 150 PED?

Ahem, only my initial gear is worth a multitude - 136.5 PED Kobold F full, 27 PED for two TT knifes, over 93 PED for Opalo/a101 - alone this are 256 PED's, and we haven't even talked about the Embra - see above ... 27 months to save the 15$/ month just to be able to afford ... OK, I assume the L version, same data, but only 148 PED. I just ignore the 104.53 MU on it.

Makes 404 PED. Now the FAPs. OK, I assume a SK-20 for 20 PED, at about 50% condition. Should work. Now the Vivo-T1 as out-of-combat, add 9 PED.
433 PED gear value now, without any ammo.

Understand? I'm kind of an Imp-nOOb now, going out hunting molisk, as you recommended. Alone the necessary gear will cost me very close to 3 of the ominous 15$ deposits. So I have to not log in 3 months before to save my deposits, or have to be insanely lucky to loot it?

I'll check what this hunt will bring, and will tell you. I understand you'd not participate yourself in such an experiment, after all it would hinder you to be profiting yourself - but might I add an proposal? Would it be this hard in the next two weeks to give a little more love to wife, children, cat, dog, hamster, whatever? They'd love it, and we'd enjoy the lootz you'd be grabbing elsewhere - all would be happy, wouldn't they?

Have fun!

Congratulations!

If you've made it this far into this thread you are now ready for Planet Calypso. You've received a lot of information, and you've hopefully realized that this MMO is unilke any other.

So my final words of advice would be that if you enjoy the challenge the fun will take care of itself. Also.... go and find Blackhawk as quickly as you can and beg him to be your mentor:)

See you on Calypso - there's nothing like it.

Status
Back