PlanetCalypsoForum's policy regarding username changes

Site Admin
Admin
Quite often, PCF members request username changes. Rather than repeatedly type out the current PlanetCalypsoForum policy regarding such, I will refer them to this thread in the future.

The real-cash economy nature of Entropia Universe requires caution when dealing with player/avatar identities, and by extension, their corresponding PlanetCalypsoForum usernames. This is also why PlanetCalypsoForum has a very strict rule limiting members to a single forum account.

The official PlanetCalypsoForum policy regarding forum username changes is as follows:

A request to change your PlanetCalypsoForum username will only be granted if both of the following conditions are met:

• You have fewer than 100 posts
  • You have been a member of the forum for less than 6 months

Beyond those limits, there is a good chance that other PlanetCalypsoForum members have become acquainted with your forum username, and possibly have associated that username with your Entropia Universe avatar name.

This policy is intended to avoid potential abuses (i.e. in the trading forums), and to avoid causing general confusion for other PCF members.

If you find yourself 'stuck' with a PCF username that does not correspond to your Entropia Universe avatar name, a good solution is to include your avatar name in your forum signature, so that other members can more easily make the association.

**NOTE**
You are only allowed to have ONE member account on PlanetCalypsoForum. If you decide to circumvent this username change policy by creating a secondary PlanetCalypsoForum account, you WILL get banned by the automated multiple-account detection software that is in use on PlanetCalypsoForum, and will risk having your original account banned as well.

If you find yourself 'stuck' with an EF username that does not correspond to your Entropia Universe avatar name, a good solution is to include your avatar name in your forum signature, so that other members can more easily make the association.

Mr. administrator, do you know your EF? :laugh:

There's a field in the "Quick Links" / "Your Profile" / "About me" / "Full ingame name". That will then show up below the avatar on the left of every post!

<=== Check it out :)

Mr. administrator, do you know your EF? :laugh:

There's a field in the "Quick Links" / "Your Profile" / "About me" / "Full ingame name". That will then show up below the avatar on the left of every post!

<=== Check it out :)

Yes I know about that profile field, of course.

However, many readers often do not take notice of that listing.

Thus, for anyone who is concerned about their EF username not matching their avatar name (which has been the reason for the vast majority of username change requests in the past), I offer a suggestion on how to make that information more noticable, with perhaps a brightly colored signature text. ;)

Got it :)

BTW, I'm one of those guys who never read signatures. Seriously! :cool:

Yes I know about that profile field, of course.

However, many readers often do not take notice of that listing.

Thus, for anyone who is concerned about their EF username not matching their avatar name (which has been the reason for the vast majority of username change requests in the past), I offer a suggestion on how to make that information more noticable, with perhaps a brightly colored signature text. ;)

I like this idea! :thumbup: ...never requested a username change though, maybe I should have in the past though...not that many ppl seeing the connection between Jim Toecutter Profit ingame & jim_T on EF lol...reckon alot of ppl never glimse @ the signatures just like endermigne claims that he never does, but way to late for me to request a change now! :laugh:

What about if its a user name you've used in other forums, games and other media and leaves a paper trail for stalkers, etc. ?

<== Example

I have been stalked in and out of world by people wanting a piece of my nest egg I've invested in Entropia... What they don't realise is there's nothing there...

They think the big bucks are in EU and that everyone who plays must be instantly a rich bugger (Neverdie, Deathifier, et al)

So I've been harassed by people in and out of world

- N

Last edited:
**NOTE**
You are only allowed to have ONE member account on EntropiaForum. If you decide to circumvent this username change policy by creating a secondary EntropiaForum account, you WILL get banned by the automated multiple-account detection software that is in use on EntropiaForum, and will risk having your original account banned as well.

I have 2 accounts that predate your post here. I PMed 711 a few weeks ago about deleting the older account. "Wildman Alpha" is the account I use, "Wildman Wilds" needs deleted and I hope my join date on Alpha can be adjusted to the Wilds account. Member "wildman" is "Mainstain Wildman Lee" not my account. Is their any way to make the fixes?

A request to change your EntropiaForum username will only be granted if both of the following conditions are met:

• You have fewer than 100 posts
  • You have been a member of the forum for less than 6 months

Hi...sorry for being thick but how exactly should I request a change of name? :scratch2:
I meet the two mandatory conditions etc.
TIA

:yay:
sorted - thanks 711

Username request change

Our bellowed admins....
can i change my username to ReyaRyLory ?

I meet criteria...

Thanks...

????

still nada....... :scratch2:

Omg

Please read my message up......admins do you exists or you still on vacation?

I had no idea that forum name should be the same as ingame. Ingame name is Dunn Cooler Fore. Could you please change my forum name to Cooler?

I would like to be called TING TONG on entropiaforum from now on.

(gotto love the newbie necro wave that is hitting this forum)

I had no idea that forum name should be the same as ingame. Ingame name is Dunn Cooler Fore. Could you please change my forum name to Cooler?

I never heard that it "should" be the same. Is that a new rule?

I'd call it "a good idea" to have the catchy name of your in-game name as your name in the forum as it creates a quick link between the two. You still have the avatar-name-field in your profile here on PCF. You have filled it out, so you are doing fine already.

Can you please change my forum name to Max EJ.

I already sent to PMs to 007 and Hana but no response, so I hope if I post here I'll get the name change.

Thanks.

Can you please change my forum name to Max EJ.

I already sent to PMs to 007 and Hana but no response, so I hope if I post here I'll get the name change.

Thanks.

Try 711 or Hanne|SDS. ;)

I would like to have my Forum name changed to 'Kimmi of Lockley' :wise:

I would like to have my Forum name changed to 'Kimmi of Lockley' :wise:

No problem...

All you have to do is fill out the required documentation and pay a small fee.

That'll be 1390 ped, please. :cool:

image-namechange.jpg

Cookies is also an accepted currency.

All these rules are all well and good, however there's still a problem At least for my daughter, KittyLee. As I understood it, all the names and passwords were transferred here from EF along with the threads. Kitty has tried several times to log in with her EF password and can't. She wrote asking for assistance with this about two months ago and still hasn't received any information. She's frustrated and I'm the one who gets to here about it (the joy of living in the same house an all that).

With all that said, if she can't get her password to work and she can't get a response from the "contact us" route to get assistance with the password and she can't have more than one account, pray tell how is she supposed to participate in the forum?

She's already had to go through me to get hold of Hurrikane to be a judge in the upcoming WoF and she's also had to go through my forum account to get registered for Akoz's event. She really doesn't want to set up another account. She wants whatever little amount it may be from her previous posts and + reps accessible to her. If you can please, please, email her or write to me so I don't have to be the one she vents to about this any more.

Hugs,
Aliana

All these rules are all well and good, however there's still a problem At least for my daughter, KittyLee. As I understood it, all the names and passwords were transferred here from EF along with the threads. Kitty has tried several times to log in with her EF password and can't. She wrote asking for assistance with this about two months ago and still hasn't received any information. She's frustrated and I'm the one who gets to here about it (the joy of living in the same house an all that).

With all that said, if she can't get her password to work and she can't get a response from the "contact us" route to get assistance with the password and she can't have more than one account, pray tell how is she supposed to participate in the forum?

She's already had to go through me to get hold of Hurrikane to be a judge in the upcoming WoF and she's also had to go through my forum account to get registered for Akoz's event. She really doesn't want to set up another account. She wants whatever little amount it may be from her previous posts and + reps accessible to her. If you can please, please, email her or write to me so I don't have to be the one she vents to about this any more.

Hugs,
Aliana

I have sent you a PM with more information about KittyLee's login issues.

Back