Help: I need 5 new avatars to test the way a new player can live on 15$/month << please read if you are new >>

I like the very positive description of how it "will" go for the new players. I am dubious that they will have +3k PED each after a few months. Hope they stick at it though, kudos for you for being willing to try. Too many people seem to have very entrenched views on how it will go without having any proof one way or the other. Based on my experience it is possible to break even (if you include the value of sellable skills), but you have to be very dedicated to the idea of making a profit and you must not stray from the "approved path". Don't forget that many of us are to some extent paying for fun in the game.

Makes me laugh lol
I play for less than 15 for a long time.. And a lot people do too.
Sweating is less fun than taking orders from you?
I deposited some aswell.

You asked yourself why frank raised the question?
Why 15? Because blizzard take 15?
EU is not to be compared, right?
Investors concernes?
Will they wait a year for your results?
The 5 desciples gets to claim at social security
as blackhawk is my employer, place of work - calypso?
You can fire the desciple? Give a bonus?
If they kill 5 no looters more than they been instructed, that will be excluded from the blog?

What is mining?

Someone don't seem to really get it :scratch2:

Dont be afraid of the word "fun".
I got it for sure. Project "how to get full satisfaction from the game at 15$"
being a pet of "generous" dude
is not a full satisfaction.
Sweating neither, but still preferable.
Why to blow stuff out of proportion?
Blackhawk against the world...

:( 2 negative comments in a row :(

i like what your doing, and the opertunity you have given these 5 participants, if I hadnt just started a society a few months ago and felt responsible to my members I would have loved to start fresh in the 15$ a month society.

gl to the participants,

narfi

Do we get to follow these blogs as they happen or only see them at the end?

As I posted before I set mine up at http://entropiaexplorations.wordpress.com/ as I think they are meant to be public, so you can follow if you want to, unless someone tells me to restrict it. At this point though we are doing teleport runs then will skill some defensive skills before we get into the meat of it.... so the there is not avatar item/value changes to report as of yet.

Nice initiative, and I must congratulate you for it!
But, I have one problem, statements like this;
As you see, I count on the fact that you will profit, and if you will do things right, you will.

What is "do things right"? Is your guide the way to "do things right"? Or is it your idea of what might work, given your past experiences?
If they follow your guide exactly and don't profit, or worse, lose LOTS, who is at fault? You or the avatar following your guide word for word?

Like I said, I like the initiative and I wish you guys all the best, but I think this will show just how variable things are, regardless of what you do.

............................................................................................

Like I said, I like the initiative and I wish you guys all the best, but I think this will show just how variable things are, regardless of what you do.

Let's see what will show when all this is finished. This is why I make all this. I think it will come out in one way. You think it will come out in a different way. In reality, we will see how it will come out.

I have to say BH, you have an awesome fighting spirit and I love it! :thumbup:
I sincerely hope it works out. :wtg:

Firstly I think this 'test' is an awsome idea.

I read your tutorial and it follows the old mantra of slow but steady which I totally agree with (rubbish at following but agree with).

I must say I'm sceptical of your figues, but that is the perfect reason to perform the experiment. Someone will be right, be it you with profit or others with loss, either way we will all know (so will FPC).

Your motives may not be completely altruistic but the worst possible outcome of this is you giving 5 (maybe 6) people a great start in game. Well done for finding a way to confirm your hypothesis in such a generous way.

Unlike others I do not wish your padawans good luck as I would prefer for them to do well without needing to be lucky, but of course I wish for them to be successful and to have a great experience.

Nice work,
Zeke

Actually, if I'm to be COMPLETELY honest, I hope it fails. If these guys start profiting left right and center, someone has to lose out and I don't want it to be me (anymore rofl) :laugh:

</jest>

Let's see what will show when all this is finished. This is why I make all this. I think it will come out in one way. You think it will come out in a different way. In reality, we will see how it will come out.

Good luck on the "experiment".

But for a valid outcome you would need a proof group apart from the one having the attention and totally separated in every respect even you as the initiator.

Since FPC / MA is in control of everything, the outcome of this particular experiment has not any significance be it it either way. You might want to rephrase it as well "Is it possible to profit on regular basis if you are doing enough PR work for Entropia?"

There is not only 1,000 -somewhat- intelligent people in 500,000+ registered accounts. There is a reason why the numbers of registered vs. playing accounts is such out of sync.

Personally I will be totally amazed if it fails.

Apart from that, great initiative from a player, both thumbs up.

If you want to redo that experiment with sponsoring a 160+hp/lvl57 laser/lvl54 blp/lvl31 evader type group, I am in. (Yes, its a shameless plug, but I am tired for depositing my own money, rofl.) :D

Last edited:
It can be done easily so I'm glad you're taking the time to prove it. I've considered making a new avatar myself and proving it (if MA approved) but I soon realized I wouldn't want to sacrafice working on another avatar from the ground up (having already done it 2x). I'd be sacraficing too much profit using Star to move to another just to prove it unless I was receiving some outside compensation PEDwise from MA or the community. I can't eat or pay for stuff irl just by proving it is possible. :)

I'd also like to point out that posting the avatar's names in this thread is a BIG mistake in my opinion. It would be better to have them anonymously moving around EU so we knew as a community that no one was giving them any special benefits in loot from MA or special deals in trades with other players.

Actually, if I'm to be COMPLETELY honest, I hope it fails. If these guys start profiting left right and center, someone has to lose out and I don't want it to be me (anymore rofl) :laugh:

Thanks, love you too.

It can be done easily so I'm glad you're taking the time to prove it. I've considered making a new avatar myself and proving it (if MA approved) but I soon realized I wouldn't want to sacrafice working on another avatar from the ground up (having already done it 2x). I'd be sacraficing too much profit using Star to move to another just to prove it unless I was receiving some outside compensation PEDwise from MA or the community. I can't eat or pay for stuff irl just by proving it is possible. :)

I'd also like to point out that posting the avatar's names in this thread is a BIG mistake in my opinion. It would be better to have them anonymously moving around EU so we knew as a community that no one was giving them any special benefits in loot from MA or special deals in trades with other players.

I am not to sure this is gonna be easy. I too wish we were anonymous at this point, though for the opposite reason. I hope people do not try and make us fail, or not deal with us.

You know it can be done, as I am sure you know the game well. I see the reasoning behind having anonymus users for this experiment, but is too late for that. You are welcomed to get few people to make separate tests and keep the results on a private forum for few months and make them public when you have a clear opinion about how or if it works. To be honest, I do not think MA will give special treatment to anyone. But instead, I hope that if they notice a bad outcome from this experiment they will tweak the game globaly to make it better for all. I agree the loot system works against new players at this time with the loot distribution in place, and if they would revert to a steady average loot, we would have a lot more new players playing the game. Having the same result over long period of time is not the answer, because is frustrating to have a week of bad loot to be compensated by a hof that may come next month...

hey, BH, i depo-ed via ukash, and i got a ukash gun, when i get to the opalo stage, should i use it instead of the opalo for a while?

Also, seeing as im going by your guide now, should i ditch my BLP amp stuff (firaco beast, etc)

one quick question... says breer p5a with a 106... is that breer p5a (L) or the uL.

Thanks... great idea.

hey, BH, i depo-ed via ukash, and i got a ukash gun, when i get to the opalo stage, should i use it instead of the opalo for a while?

Also, seeing as im going by your guide now, should i ditch my BLP amp stuff (firaco beast, etc)

ukash rifle is great. Use it when you have it maxed. Not before. Is a shame to waste it when is not maxed. While you have it, use it.

one quick question... says breer p5a with a 106... is that breer p5a (L) or the uL.

Thanks... great idea.

p5a (l), ofc. People that play on a budget have no reason to go for UL weapons until they reach commando at least or they hit an uber to pay for some UL gun.

sounds intresting if you need help i will be happy to help
SJ

if theres a spot open, i would love to help:)

Nice Ego

You and the few others ARE the reason the rest of us lose. MA is too weak to cut you guys off and make you pay to play like the rest of the suckers -err players.

MA needs to stop making the rest of the palyer base pay for your McDonalds breakfast because that BS "you can make a living here" advertising isn't working anymore.

How much skill did you get using bugs/glitches and whatever else to gain the advantages you have now? You and BH will eventually have to pay your fair share or this game wil never be what it could be.

I just got a nice little bonus at my "real job" a part of which might have been spent here but because it is plainly obvious that you and a few others have an advantage that MA wil not fix - I know i will lose my ped way too fast to one of MA's little poster children. So instead - i will spend it in "that other game" - you know the one where most of you ubers think you can come in and dominate with your EU profits :)

THis experiment will fail but then again MA could just make the 5 noobs (prolly alts anyway) "lucky" to try and get more people to deposit.

THis game is not dynamic or random - it is "rigged" and as soon as people realize that they quit - there is the problem plain and simple - no big egotistical experiment needed to prove what us mortals already know.

You guys should be thanking the rest of us - not talking to us like we are idiots that need you divine guidance - lol get a real job and deposit to support this universe like 99% of the rest of the palyers do

Nice rant to a posting in a thread from 3 years ago.

Nice rant to a posting in a thread from 3 years ago.

Well i did not necro it - but decided that with the recent amount of ubers whining about how bad their loot is and how much they are losing - this thread from '09 still is valid to show how egotistical they were and still are.

Unless you think the loot balance is such that everyone pays thier fair share cuse all i seen since this experimant is the same old group getting everything and then complaing when they lose a bit.

Nothing has changed since '09 - but people still asking the same stupid questions as to why it hasnt changed. There is only 1 thing that has been constant since '09 the same people are allowed to make way to much profit at the expense of the game.

THis game is not dynamic or random - it is "rigged" and as soon as people realize that they quit - there is the problem plain and simple - no big egotistical experiment needed to prove what us mortals already know.

Geez... I can't believe you're even participating in a community built around such a game.

Menace

When do you plan to make the first withdrawal from the project?
Your plan for utopia, but still good luck :yay:

I have been profitable hunting over the past month. The previous month I went from 1-20 in rifle. My account is worth 75% of what I have deposited (400) after 300 hours of play. If I added in skills it would be more, at 27/25 laser rifle/damage. But I hunt a very small selection of mobs. Very.

Back