need pvp advice...

Gwen Ryuunami

Provider
Society
Calypso Settlers
Gwen Kathry Ryuunami
I'm not a big fan of Pvp, in fact I avoid it like the plague. But I'm tired of getting blasted at the oil rig by hot shot ck and black angels armed with monster sized grenade launchers. I want to hang out, chat, and try for some oil to practice my foragers grab. And I enjoy taking probes down to the rig to mine.

However, I'm dirt poor and can't afford more than a riker ul1 or ul2, a couple of hedok sk 20's and gremlin +3 5b plates. If it helps my highest combat stat is lvl 17 laser sniper, closing in on level 18 and RDA.

Anybody have a reccomendation on what items to use for a cost effective defense at the rig? I'm not looking to blast everyone in sight, as long as you don't bug me I don't care if you're there. I'm looking to keep from getting clobbered.

:DAs has been said before, the most effective "weapons/armor" for the rig are also the cheapest.... Politness, courtesy and good sense. Most of the folks you find there are decent enough and are engaged in gathering oil, hunting or pvp with others of a like mind. If you show up there and behave yourself you usually won't have any problems. this means stay away from the oil pump unless invited and try not to annoy others. If you simply want to hang out on the burms and chat or watch the action most will leave you be. that bieng said it IS a pvp zone and you should only go there if you are ok with the idea of bieng shot for no apparant reason! Also, if someone tells you the rig is closed and you don't think you can take them on, it would be a good idea to respect there wishes and go away (at least off radar). Going to the rig and trying to grab oil uninvited is almost always a sure way to get shot!

Here's a few other "options" if you don't like that one...

1. Make freinds with Star.
2. Set up a booth offering delicous snacks for a reasonable price.
3. Offer free Beer.
4. Tell everyone that your a reporter for EF doing a story on the rig.
5. Come armed with a good supply of funny jokes.:D

And here's a short list of what to do if you want to be killed at the rig....

1. Steal oil.
2. Take random shots at ubers with your Riker.
3. Brag.
4. Do the sexy dance.
5. Breath.
6. Don' t breath.
7. Talk shit to that guy in Infiltrator.
8. Annoy Star.
9. Annoy Belza.
10. Annoy Gunzy.
11. Annoy (insert random Uber here).

Hope this helps and I hope to see ya there! :handgun:

Blackjack :cowboy:

:laugh: No chance, really, not with that setup. If you're dirt poor, you shouldn't even be there ;) unless you're just checking it out. It sounds like your plan is to get oil....well, unless you log in when no one is there, it's not going to happen.

I'd do what Blackjack suggested, just check it out, but don't plan on getting oil. I had the great luck of TP'ing in when a couple of good chaps were there, had a nice little chat, then I was gone. I was lucky enough to watch them kill a few that tried to TP in :laugh:.

So, this isn't the answer you're looking for...to get that, you need a lot more skills and some nice armor.

1) Make friends with the enemy so they let you stay
2) Skill up to an LR-59 and slap a big amp on it, pray, and use it ONLY for pk (since you say it's a rare occurance that you PK, it should last awhile)
3) (L) martial/tiger/infiltrator/lich with (i think) 7a plates
4) big fap/vivo/hedoc to use, of course, only during pvp

or

5) Learn how to dodge bullets then do this: :nana:

:laugh:

what seems to be the problem young man..... you point I shoot :D

:DAs has been said before, the most effective "weapons/armor" for the rig are also the cheapest.... Politness, courtesy and good sense. Most of the folks you find there are decent enough and are engaged in gathering oil, hunting or pvp with others of a like mind. If you show up there and behave yourself you usually won't have any problems. this means stay away from the oil pump unless invited and try not to annoy others. If you simply want to hang out on the burms and chat or watch the action most will leave you be. that bieng said it IS a pvp zone and you should only go there if you are ok with the idea of bieng shot for no apparant reason! Also, if someone tells you the rig is closed and you don't think you can take them on, it would be a good idea to respect there wishes and go away (at least off radar). Going to the rig and trying to grab oil uninvited is almost always a sure way to get shot!

Here's a few other "options" if you don't like that one...

3. Offer free Beer.
5. Come armed with a good supply of funny jokes.:D

And here's a short list of what to do if you want to be killed at the rig....

1. Steal oil.
2. Take random shots at ubers with your Riker.
3. Brag.
4. Do the sexy dance.
5. Breath.
6. Don' t breath.
7. Talk shit to that guy in Infiltrator.
8. Annoy Star.
9. Annoy Belza.
10. Annoy Gunzy.
11. Annoy (insert random Uber here).

Hope this helps and I hope to see ya there! :handgun:

Whats wrong with my sexy dance???

Oh and always follow the highest directive: Don't kill the snail!!!

Whats wrong with my sexy dance???

Oh and always follow the highest directive: Don't kill the snail!!!

If you look hot doing it then nothing! If however you are a male avatar and are trying to hump my leg, I'll shoot you even if no one else will!:D

buy infiltrator , 6a
buy uber ass gun min maddox 4,
biggest amp u can fit on her.
buy mod fap

ur rdy to roll :)

oh u said cost effective.... nvm ur out of luck

There are 4 ways to go there and live (a while)

1) Be polite and lucky to the guys there.
2) Don't be polite because at that time of day there's no-one there.
3) Recruit a hundred opalo hunters and take them with you.
4) Go during LG when (2) is likely.

The trox will get you in the end if the avas there don't I think.

t

Most of the folks you find there are decent enough and are engaged in gathering oil, hunting or pvp with others of a like mind. If you show up there and behave yourself you usually won't have any problems.

I am /always/ miss manners when I go down there. Its like something about me screams "naive society baby with a sign on her back that says kick me" For the first year I was on the game I'd go down there to mine. I haven't had a problem with getting blasted until recently.

3. Offer free Beer.
5. Come armed with a good supply of funny jokes.

1. Never met her, but I'd be open to an introduction.
2. Always willing to share munchies and toss around sodas.
3. I don't drink, I've tried beer, its too bitter to me.
4. I can write, I did journalism in high school, and that sounds like a good idea but I'm obviously not an EF reporter (unless EF takes unsolicited articles X3)
5. I know a few, read my fic thread "The Adventures of Noob and Mob", its a laugh and a half. speaking of which, I need to finish the one about the two gay atrox and their opinion of the calorie content of ghost armor.

No chance, really, not with that setup. If you're dirt poor, you shouldn't even be there unless you're just checking it out. It sounds like your plan is to get oil....well, unless you log in when no one is there, it's not going to happen.

As I said, normally i'm down there to mine, the interest in oil is recent. But I'm on a disability budget and my last mining trip the loot sucked. So I'm back to sweating and tagging along with my soc's ubers hoping they won't mind a shadow with noob weapons. And while I can opallo an argo guardian with the setup I have and am a few days of hunting away from unlocking RDA, I will likely have to wait until my birthday in december to be able to deposit a decent amount of money. Either that or hof and get another breer m4a.

The problem isn't skills, its scratch.

1) Be polite and lucky to the guys there.
2) Don't be polite because at that time of day there's no-one there.
3) Recruit a hundred opalo hunters and take them with you.
4) Go during LG when (2) is likely.

And what time of day is 2?

Really I would`nt bother with the rig aside from an odd field trip. Polite or not I`ve always been killed there usually sooner than later. It`s a fact the place attracts pk`ers. So expect to be pk`ed. They like it, they live for it. To them you are just another target popping up in the shooting gallery. If not right away then as soon as they get bored waiting for oil. And like someone else said if they don`t get you the trox are sure to eat you alive.

I am /always/ miss manners when I go down there. Its like something about me screams "naive society baby with a sign on her back that says kick me" For the first year I was on the game I'd go down there to mine. I haven't had a problem with getting blasted until recently.

1. Never met her, but I'd be open to an introduction.
2. Always willing to share munchies and toss around sodas.
3. I don't drink, I've tried beer, its too bitter to me.
4. I can write, I did journalism in high school, and that sounds like a good idea but I'm obviously not an EF reporter (unless EF takes unsolicited articles X3)
5. I know a few, read my fic thread "The Adventures of Noob and Mob", its a laugh and a half. speaking of which, I need to finish the one about the two gay atrox and their opinion of the calorie content of ghost armor.

As I said, normally i'm down there to mine, the interest in oil is recent. But I'm on a disability budget and my last mining trip the loot sucked. So I'm back to sweating and tagging along with my soc's ubers hoping they won't mind a shadow with noob weapons. And while I can opallo an argo guardian with the setup I have and am a few days of hunting away from unlocking RDA, I will likely have to wait until my birthday in december to be able to deposit a decent amount of money. Either that or hof and get another breer m4a.

The problem isn't skills, its scratch.

And what time of day is 2?

The time of day when America and Europe are less active. A small window.
Most people sleep and/or work though, so a little recon every now and then would find out the best time. There certainly is one, my friend visits often and rarely gets PKed as it's not busy.

IF you know who hangs out there, and you know where else they are...events, WOF, things like that...you increase your chances.

My money is still on the trox though, since with no PKers around there will be more of them most likely :laugh:

I lol'ed. :silly2:

Agreed, there are a number of guns that can be purchased below the cost of a Madd4 that actually stand a chance of landing a kill. If someone has vigi/6As, Madd4 will be useless. And most people PK in something better than vigi/6A ;)

My advice: Ignore PvP, focus your attention on hunting. Focus on raising your Health and Paramedic. When you unlock Combat Sense, have 150+ Health, and maxed Vivo UR125 (L), then pick a gun that does a lot of damage per shot (per shot is more important than per second when it comes to PvP) and get a big amp (LR65/E-15 and bigger would be my suggestion) and a set of infiltrator + 6As or better.
With the above setup, all you need to do is practice. To practice, spend a good bit of time in the Twin Peaks ring using a TT pistol, and try to land more hits than others land on you - this is more important than who kills who.

Oh and I forgot to mention: The most powerful weapon you can get for PvP is a good computer. If you lag, you will not be able to stand a chance vs those who don't.

My money is still on the trox though, since with no PKers around there will be more of them most likely

I swear, if they do that to me again I'll use my mad opallo skilz to aggro a train of atrox and lead them into the center of the rig. Just to spoil their day.

There is one weapon you can afford in your situation: patience. But it will take you fair ammount of time to get there and stand a chance. So I wouldn't bother and I'd focus on EU outside of the rig. In the meanwhile get some decent L armor (martial being the cheapest option, maybe spartacus or if you can afford, hermes or infiltrator) with good platings (like 6a), skill up support weapons, skill up rifle to higher LR (above 50 level). You can get there someday, but it's not an easy goal as most of people you can meet there either have more money than sense or have been in EU long enough to get their gear much cheaper than you can do it now.

Just go there when any of these progs on tv
Ahh crap, can't think of one off hand, but anything that nerds like
Oh big bang theory
They be off watching it
Or search EF, find out the main ubers home town, search phone books, get phone numbers, get their mom's to send them to bed
Or wait till MaGi gets his "1000 strong noob (dying is free, ammo isn't") train to take back the rig
Don't ask, I listened for an hour at Swamp then brain died :)

unless you have infiltrator/hermes+3e or 7a.. gun like AL26/LR65/66 plus pro-series amp you have little chance to fight your way to oil on your own.. even then it depends on luck (like if oil rig as been selected for resting place to Foudil,Laban or some other superskilled guy or not)

I managed to stay up at the rig for about three or four hours yesterday. Stayed on the edge and managed to get down into the center.

And thanks to the shenanigans of a black angel shooting her rocket launcher off at random I discovered the key to the "suicide in pvp" trick.

You can only do it with a rocket launcher. You aim straight down and blast. The resulting hit sends off shockwaves that does minor amounts of damage to anyone standing too close. As I found out too well because when she missed if I stood too close I'd take 4 to 6 points of damage from the shockwave alone.

However, this manuver can also send your ava flying high over the heads of your opponents like you were shot out of a catapault. As aforementioned Black Angel used the manuver to perch directly on top of the rig. It was an interesting manuver.

There are actually only two options you have
Both are features but you cannot controll them

1 The invissible bug feature

2 The invisible aka Godmode bug feature

They work great, but I do not know how to turn them on

I forgot the third!

You can be Kimmi ;) Full EON afaik

Forget the rig!

Forget the rig if you want oil... not gonna happen until you have a much bigger balance on your pedcard... Instead what you should do is go mining for oil elsewhere... you might get lucky, and are sure to waste fewer peds on injection shots... and on armor decay...

Take a look at this:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/125067-amethera-mining-chart.html

There's a LOT of places where oil can be drilled for.

Forget the rig if you want oil... not gonna happen until you have a much bigger balance on your pedcard... Instead what you should do is go mining for oil elsewhere... you might get lucky, and are sure to waste fewer peds on injection shots... and on armor decay...

Take a look at this:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/125067-amethera-mining-chart.html

There's a LOT of places where oil can be drilled for.

Theres no "injection" shots needed at the rig tho

There are actually only two options you have
Both are features but you cannot controll them

1 The invissible bug feature

2 The invisible aka Godmode bug feature

They work great, but I do not know how to turn them on

I forgot the third!

You can be Kimmi ;) Full EON afaik

:eek: for a lil oil...are u selling your dignity that cheap?

If you look hot doing it then nothing! If however you are a male avatar and are trying to hump my leg, I'll shoot you even if no one else will!:D

Female Avatar and no crossdresser ;)

Managed to stay alive at rig most of the time though...guess I am entertaining enuff :ahh:

Even managed to stay alive after killing Belza...but well, that was well deserved after I found out what puta means!!! :cussing:

Back