***WoF 2009 FINAL!!!!*** Moblist & Info

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Ladies and Gentlemen we are set for the sporting spectacle of the decade: a true clash of virtual titans. Their mettle has been proved in match after match, Records have fallen like rain. These three teams have fought their way to a deserved place in the Wof 2009 Three-Way Final and on July 11th we shall see who is the mightiest of them all.

The Finalists: SWEDEN*ROMANIA*AMERICA

So, without further ado:

WoF 2009 FINAL

Date: Saturday July 11th

Time: 16:00 (MA Time)-19:00

Moblist:

Main:

Daspletor: Old Alpha and Above: 10 points

Cornoanterion: Provider and Above: 9 Points

Atrax: Any Maturity: 8 points

Berycled: Any Maturity: 7 points

Cornoanterion: Old-Young: 6 points

Daspletor: Alpha and Below: 5 points

Support:

Caperon: Any Maturity: 4 points

Prancer: Any Maturity: 3 points

Snablesnot: Any Maturity: 2 points

Bonus Mob:

Snarksnot: Any Maturity: 25 points

Support Team Variety Boost:

2 Mobs= 10 Points

3 Mobs (Caperon, Prancer, Snablesnot)= 20 Points

Main Team Size: 6 Members

As this is the Off-World Final, all globals must be scored on CND to count towards scores. The scoring is based on what is on offer on the asteroid.

So each Main and Support Team must have their own screenshotter, and must submit the screens to the WoF Globals thread for verification. The scores will be read out on the day from what the Judges have seen, but if scores are found to have come from the planet instead of a Dome, they will be discounted during verification later.

So I'd sort out your pilots if I were you:)

NEVERDIE has been notified of the Moblist and will no doubt be tailoring his spawns to suit. The moblist is intended to encourage variety.

Thanks to all the teams who made this possible, and good luck to the finalists.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
sweet! will for sure be there.... hope for bad weather so i dont have to fight my wife to stay inside...

As this is the Off-World Final, all globals must be scored on CND to count towards scores. The scoring is based on what is on offer on the asteroid.

So each Main and Support Team must have their own screenshotter, and must submit the screens to the WoF Globals thread for verification. The scores will be read out on the day from what the Judges have seen, but if scores are found to have come from the planet instead of a Dome, they will be discounted during verification later.

In case anyone missed this... :cool:

pff.. no more CP this year !!!
then GO ROMANIA!!!!

Now we get to see how Daspletor Stalker compares to Atrox Slayer for scoring potential :D

Good luck finalists, let's see that 1000pt milestone challenged!

Wow, that's gonna be one hugely packed control room. I woulda thought the main dance floor or the arena would be more suitable for capacity.

Wow, that's gonna be one hugely packed control room. I woulda thought the main dance floor or the arena would be more suitable for capacity.

Might well change this.... not confirmed yet

Hurrikane

gl to everyone!!!

hopefully we will see an ATH ;)

I just hope he will make all daspletors stalkers in both doems with big density to suit the occasion. It will be very crowded and is clear that no one will go for small daspletors. All teams are strong enough not to waste time with a 5 point/global mob that gives no variety bonus.

It's now the Bar/VIP area:)

Hurrikane

Only one realistic mob for support to go for. :( This is going to cause most everyone to be in the caperon dome. It's too bad Longu's, Allophylls, small Atrox's or something else wasn't picked as another mob to spread things out. The 3 mobs, snables, snarks and prancer's that rarely global were chosen. Exo's up there even global more.

I guess I don't understand the logic behind picking such crappy mobs for support since all it will do is cause everyone to be in the same dome and support teams that try for the others will just lose a ton of peds. Weren't we punished enough with the mollisks? :scratch2:

Hoping there's some way this can be reconsidered before the final so we don't have a ton of support ppl in the same dome.

Looking forward to the final though! :)

Only one realistic mob for support to go for. :( This is going to cause most everyone to be in the caperon dome.

The 3 mobs, snables, snarks and prancer's that rarely global were chosen.

I guess I don't understand the logic behind picking such crappy mobs for support since all it will do is cause everyone to be in the same dome and support teams that try for the others will just lose a ton of peds. Weren't we punished enough with the mollisks? :scratch2:

Hoping there's some way this can be reconsidered before the final so we don't have a ton of support ppl in the same dome.

Agree with them 110%

I'd be very interested to know the logic behind selection of these mobs for the support team by the organizers!

Are they collaborating with the MA to ensure intese ammo burn for 3hrs by hundreds of support team members.

Haha i'm being a paranoid....what else can I say?!

Only one realistic mob for support to go for. :( This is going to cause most everyone to be in the caperon dome. It's too bad Longu's, Allophylls, small Atrox's or something else wasn't picked as another mob to spread things out. The 3 mobs, snables, snarks and prancer's that rarely global were chosen. Exo's up there even global more.

There are people who want small support mobs too. Not everyone can hunt Caperon, and relatively few can effectively hunt them solo.

Anyway, nobody said it was supposed to be easy :D

Have to agree with Casay here. How is one dome going to handle over 100 support hunters? I can see it dissolving into a lag-fest/(unintentional) ks-fest.

It's fine to have one mob that low-mid hunters can deal with, but I'd think we need at least 3 domes worth of regularly globalling mobs to handle the mid-high suppport hunters.

Yes, the WoF final is supposed to be tough, but it would be more fun if it was tough to kill the mobs rather than tough to find one.

I dont see anything wrong with the selection of the mobs. But I hope CND can host caperons in more than one dome !
And I understand the importance that the final are more important for main than for support team. Just as it should be.

But of course we supporters would do our best :yay:

Um, I can't speak for Hurrikane (the organizer), but I do seem to remember he has answered the same sort of questions about mobs chosen a lot before. Clearly (as Coachman wisely pointed out) in the final the main team is supposed to have more to do for the score than support. As for whether or not anything on the support list except caperons can global, can't answer that, as far as I know everything can global, but yes, it might save ped to go for those that do it more often. ND will be the one to decide the density and domes etc, so we don't know yet if caps will be in more than one dome.

All the best of luck to the three finalist teams, cya on the rock :wtg:

PS Live coverage of the final match will be broadcast on CND Radio
Edit: Apparently not by ND but by Jamhot as per his thread (gratz Jamhot :) )

Last edited:
And I understand the importance that the final are more important for main than for support team. Just as it should be.

Clearly (as Coachman wisely pointed out) in the final the main team is supposed to have more to do for the score than support.

Actually, the rules point to an increased importance of support in the final by removing the support scoring cap because "teams are expected to have amassed support" by the final.

I think all the teams have done a great job "amassing support" (by whatever means). I'd just like to see that effort rewarded with sufficient spawns of globalling mobs.

The last two rounds have been good examples of what happens when support teams are given good mobs to hunt. It doesn't take anything away from the main team--just adds to the excitement for the rest of us.

Support has 3 mobs to go for and the Bonus Mob. Support scoring is never intended to overwhelm the Main. It is Support's job to make a difference given what they have, which in this case is Caperon, Prancers and Snables, all of which will be maxed in density.
I don't know where the idea that "Support Mobs should be the most popular/high globalling mobs available" started.

If the locations (and therefore the spawns) are different, the goal is the same; to outscore the other teams.

Hurrikane

And the natives shall always be restless, and so it is written and so it shall be.

Pilots in for a bonanza day at 4 passengers a time :yay:

GO SWEDEN! :yay:

Hurricane... do you know by any chance if ND is going to disable PVP for WOF?

But I hope CND can host caperons in more than one dome!

Guess you don't know how LA's tc work. No he can't host them in another dome.

Support has 3 mobs to go for and the Bonus Mob. Support scoring is never intended to overwhelm the Main. It is Support's job to make a difference given what they have, which in this case is Caperon, Prancers and Snables, all of which will be maxed in density.
I don't know where the idea that "Support Mobs should be the most popular/high globalling mobs available" started.

If the locations (and therefore the spawns) are different, the goal is the same; to outscore the other teams.

Hurrikane

My point wasn't just about globaling, Allo's and Longu's don't global that often either. My main point was all of us ending up in the same dome. :( And yes, a slight whine for those that will shoot for 3 hours and do nothing but lose great amounts peds if they go for those other mobs. Prancers can do ok but the spawn was never enough for Champs League before so I guess we'll see.

I never thought support mobs should be the most globaling mobs available. I've have though always thought that when there's several teams at the start of WOF that more widely available mobs, like trox's that are all over the place should be used.

Is the goal to assure that support teams can't outscore the main teams? Is that the reason for these types of mobs?

Apart from the daspletors, it is a most disappointing mob choice for the 2009 final! :rolleyes:

CP would've been a FAR better choice...

Oh well, good luck to the teams competing :)

Apart from the daspletors, it is a most disappointing mob choice for the 2009 final! :rolleyes:

Oh well, good luck to the teams competing :)

Main on Aurli and Support on Kreltin?

There are only so many mobs on CND that have not featured in earlier moblists. Not many mobs feature in more than one dome or feature in their own dome. I am sure the teams can find ways to get the points they need from the Mobs on offer.

Hurrikane

It was said right from day one that the final was going to take place on CND, so I don't think thats very fair to say it's disappointing that what was said on day one was followed exactly as that which was said.

Also, of course, NeverDie is sponsoring WoF now, which is another reason why the final is exclusively on CND, and again, is something we were all told right at the start.

The one thing I like the most is that when Hurrikane has announced a mob list, its not going to change some days later because of complains! :)

Last edited:
This should be fun!

Actually, the rules point to an increased importance of support in the final by removing the support scoring cap because "teams are expected to have amassed support" by the final.

I think all the teams have done a great job "amassing support" (by whatever means). I'd just like to see that effort rewarded with sufficient spawns of globalling mobs.

The last two rounds have been good examples of what happens when support teams are given good mobs to hunt. It doesn't take anything away from the main team--just adds to the excitement for the rest of us.

I have to agree that the "lifting" of the cap made me anticipate and further push recruiting efforts for the supposed "endless" possibilities in globaling for our team.

So when Mr Hurrikane says,

...Support scoring is never intended to overwhelm the Main.
Hurrikane

It confuses me some... :dunno:

Seems like a smaller Cap would be in place if emphasis were to go towards mains abilities in the finals.

BUT, with that said, here we are in the finals, something I did not get to experience last year, so I think everything can be scrutinized better after the fact. Lets push through the finals and see what the issues are at that point.

Who knows, we might be some globaling champions at the end of the day. :D

EBO

**PSsssTT! - I'm more worried about the lag. Went on a small hunt with my mother on Caperon in Dome 6, thought it was just my connection and never said anything to my mom, but she said about 15 minutes into it "Lag is bad, very bad". With just the two of us in there, two completely different connections in two different cities, with only 8-10 mobs on the screen. I dunno, sounds like once we get our 50-60 support personnel up there, we might have some issues. :D

Last edited:
It was said right from day one that the final was going to take place on CND, so I don't think thats very fair to say it's disappointing that what was said on day one was followed exactly as that which was said.

Also, of course, NeverDie is sponsoring WoF now, which is another reason why the final is exclusively on CND, and again, is something we were all told right at the start.

Well it is disappointing when you consider Big Bulk, Atrox Slayers, Elite Argo's, Warlocks etc. etc.

This is such an anti-climax mob wise.

Who knows, with MA coming to the party with the special mobs that were introduced during the regular WoF matches, maybe, just maybe, they would've provided us with Elite Aurli and Kreltin on CP?

Anyway, it's not going to happen this year so teams have to make do with what is served up to them :D

Back