End Of WoF 2009 & Hurrikane Appreciation Party

It was brilliant. Good crowd gathered long before start time, and it seemed fun was had by all. Really tired now, but promise an update tomorrow on the prizes won and all that happened and all my thanks. Thanks Stave now for the video :).

Hope to see some screenies. More tomorrow.

Lee that party was a blast thanks for taking the time to put it on you did a dam good job.:D

Jamhot man that was a good show man. :wtg:

Hurrikane man thanks for the work you do and for putting this on. I got to meet a lot of cool people from this and thank you for that.:D

Ebo man you worked your ass off for the support teams and thanks for that.:yay:

Last but not by any means lest a big THANKS to all that helped run WoF this year with out all of you guys and gals this would not of worked.

Had a blast at the end of WoF hunt and DAM them chomper stalkers bite hard.:eek:

Here is a pic of the first global we got on the chompers.:D

Great party, especially Chopper's Pub Quiz and not just because I got 3 things :D

Thanks Lee for organising it all, and of course thanks again to Hurri, the judges, Clam and everyone else who worked hard to bring us WoF 09 :)

WOF Farewell Party

109 & 159 Ped Chomper and 177 Ped Hogglo
and so it ends
and awaiting of WoF 2010 beginns

Final Update

Thanks for the global screenies Omega and T79X, any and all screenshots are welcome since of course the few I took did not seem to come out :laugh:

As I said last night, the party seemed to be a success. We had a very nice turnout, we had excellent music and crazy commentary (and the occasional ear piercing feedback) on JamHot Radio (he even played the Romanian national anthem for the winning team), and we generally had silliness and fun all around.​

We had no items or services donated for party competitions, so Chopper and I covered them the best we could and folks seemed happy. We had some party competitions (myself, Jamira and RJ judged the first two, thanks you two :)) that all had prizes of 100ped and 5000 EFD (from all of that donated on this thread) and the winners were:​

Best Dressed: Omega

Best Dancer: Jane Daggerthuggert

Find the Hidden Umbra: Amara Taroon
(Ace Skywalker dressed up in his Umbra suit and hid in the area around Chug's, the first person to find him and pm him 'WoF Rocks' was the winner. Some found him, pmed him but hadn't noticed in all chat what they had to say in the pm :laugh:)​

Gratz to those winners and thank you so much Ace for agreeing to be my hide and seek guy :thumbup:

Next up we had Chopper's Entropia Pub Quiz, which to me personally was the best part of the whole darn party, it was hilarious. Chopper asked a set of 10 questions on Entropia life, and gave away 10 prizes to the first ones to answer each question correctly. The ensuing all chat was insane and as Chopper gave away his 'things' 'crap' 'stuff' and 'whatyamacallits' JamHot had tears of laughter streaming down my face for sure in his announcements of this event. Deathifier is to blame of course for starting off the all chat comments after the first 'thing' was won, and it just got sillier from there (thanks Deathifier for taking the trouble to be there with us for the Aussie contingent, even though you were so sleepy no doubt ;)). I was laughing too hard to note all of the winners, so Chopper if you have a full list please post hon, I do remember that some (like Oleg) kept winning more than once and the shout outs of 'no fair' 'now he has two things' etc just made it all the funnier.​

Then to cap it all off, we had the 'WoF Farewell' team hunt led by Ace. First we went off to try some Chomper Stalkers, we did get a few globals but they seemed to be somewhat greedy buggers who didn't want to give up too much for us. It was a blast though, thanks to all who came along. The team later finished off in smaller numbers on some Hoggs.​

All in all it went very well, and I think Hurrikane enjoyed himself very much too :) There were loads of thank yous all around, and the 'appreciation gift' was given thanks to all of you who donated to the collection pot. I had intended to buy a nice 'item' for Hurrikane with the funds, but in his own generosity he had said to me that he did not want to be given more than some others who help him out so much in WoF, yet a split of the available funds meant I couldn't really buy him the sort of gift I had in mind, so after some consultation with my party 'assistant' Chopper, it was decided to simply pass the whole collection to Hurrikane, so that he could get himself something nice and share with the others as he saw fit. It is hoped that some of that may allow him to join in on the Glory Hounds Daspletor hunt coming up next weekend ;) (He also received a gift from the heart from Mark Chopper Read that was passed to me earlier, which was his last remaining firecracker, thanks Mark!)

So, WoF is over for this year. I updated the original post with all the names who helped to make the party and the appreciation gift happen, but once again a giant thank you to all of you who hopefully I mentioned on that op, I know times were hard for many of us lately, so it means a lot that you were willing and able to help out as much as you could, including all the EFD :thumbup:

Special thank you to JamHot, who has a new radio station on Entropia Radio, that was not yet ready to be announced, but he needed to use the stream to keep his promise to provide the party music as requested some months back. Thank you for that Jam, and best of luck with the new venture, it's sounding very promising.​

Hurrikane has said that this was the final beta test of WoF, so I look forward to seeing you all next year for the bigger, better, new and improved WoF version 1.0 :wtg:

WoF On!!

Last edited:
Awesome PARTY, Lee :yay: Great Work, Fanx Vry Much Indeeed :thumbup:

I'm sorry but it didn't occur to me to keep a list of the winners of the quiz prizes, and the actual prizes... I'm slapping my forehead As We Speak for not thinking of it...

Prizes ranged from "Downright Inane" to "Pretty useless but at least it's worth 15 ped" - One of the prizes was an (L) Ambu Texture BP, so who knows, that may produce a HoF yet, only time will tell...

If the winners can be arsed to pm me with what they won, and if they remember which question they won it for, I'll write em all up, as I was fairly pissed by the time the Quiz got going...

Once again, Huge ThanX go to Hurrikane, Clam, Rayne Jade, Mack, All the WoF Judges, and Lee of course, for all their hard work in making WoF 2009 another raging success. From what Hurriknae said at the Party, WoF 2010 is going to be Even Better, if you can imagine that...

Taking part in the WoF, and getting to act as Judge has been for me a huge honour and a priviledge, but mostly has been Massively Enjoyable :thumbup:

I want to add a private note of thanX to all the members of the WoF Wales team. Out in Round 3 again this year :( but we're gonne Really kick ass next time guys, don't worry. Unless you're any team that have to face us, then you can worry ;)

And I have to wait 7 months for the next one!? But.. I'll Die :(

Awesome PARTY, Lee :yay:

And I have to wait 7 months for the next one!?

Not quite:)

Hoping to start WoF 2010 in January for a May or June Final, which is what this one would have done had I not been on my piss-take of a honeymoon:)

Hurrikane

It was a fantastic party and a fitting end to a spectacular WoF year!

Chopper's Pub Quiz was definitely the highlight of the evening, it's was hilarious :cool:

Congratulations to Hurrikane and all the judges for running a great event.

I'd particularly like to thank Rayne Jade who put an incredible effort into number crunching to provide us with records (to break, obviously!), details of the most impressive loots, team progression, and more :)

I can't wait to see what's in store for 2010!

Bye,
Deathifier

Great party :)

Sorry I couldn't be there for the post-party hunt but the chug's event was fun, the mini events were a great way of keeping it entertaining and Chopper's quiz was hilarious.

No doubt it was a great party. But i miss the fairness on choosing the best dressed event. It went too fast. For me it seems like u just picked someone...
Only Lee were near me to see and the other judges didn't even bother to come close and see the others (me).

Anyway, hope u fix this for next time.
All the best and ty for the fun!

No doubt it was a great party. But i miss the fairness on choosing the best dressed event. It went too fast. For me it seems like u just picked someone...
Only Lee were near me to see and the other judges didn't even bother to come close and see the others (me).

Sorry you were dissappointed, I did tell the other two judges that you felt confused by our choice and fashion sense, but I can promise you all three of us had a look at everyone there and then voted on the outfit we liked best. That is a very subjective thing, and your outfit was noticed and considered on our list of possibilities for sure. (we didn't need to go up to everyone to look at outfits, cameras are movable and we could see everyone pretty well actually). It was never intended to be a 'fashion show' type thing where folks paraded different outfits etc, it was simply, a short and sweet way to hand out a prize for a bit of fun really, same as done frequently at many ingame parties.

Thanks for being there.

The mini-events were more for fun than anything else, people were taking some of them a bit more seriously than they warranted really. It was all free-entry and so the prizes were very much something for nothing.

Fashion contests are always subjective anyway, there's never a right or wrong decision really.

But I should have put on my multi-skin Indioni outfit, then no-one else would have stood a chance :D

Just for your info TheRock. My list of favorites at the fashion contest:
Omega, TheRock and (if it would be possible to split the price to a nicely dressed pair of colonists) gwen and Shogomad Shoti.

I am sorry for your unhappiness and your doubt. I knew my role as judge before the event started. And believe me I DID inspect your wardrobe. It went fast because each judge did so before Lee gave the starting shot.

But you are right! It could be perceived as a farce. I am sure it WILL be fixed next time as far as one of us will be such a judges again ;)

... It was all free-entry and so the prizes were very much something for nothing.

Hmmm ... not really correct Jimmy. Look, it took me some effort to borrow (expensive) clothes from friends and at last 400 PED to complete my outfit with a new makeup. Some of us set value on their outfit. And I am sure TheRock does. Okay, the event was for free. But have a look at the costs of nearly unique clothes! I can understand if someone is disappointed when all the effort doesnt lead to victory. I guess the 100 PED prize would be laughable compared to what some invest in their outfit.

And to continue mobbing you ...

But I should have put on my multi-skin Indioni outfit, then no-one else would have stood a chance :D

If it came to pass we had to share the prize :D

Indimira

Look, it took me some effort to borrow (expensive) clothes from friends and at last 400 PED to complete my outfit with a new makeup. Some of us set value on their outfit.

Of course, but you don't spend 400 PED to win a competition with 100 PED prize, you have other motivations.

What I meant was, it was a fun and informal event not a serious event (like say Miss Calypso, etc). It was free-entry, the prizes were put up by the people running the event not redistributed from entry fees or revenue.

OMG, who is this imposter?

Attack!
Attack!
Attack!

I clicked and clicked on that Umbra LOL

BUt I was a tad jaded and did not read the bladdy rules with the WoF Rocks LOL

I will be awake next time and get there first.

Great night all and well done :yay:

I clicked and clicked on that Umbra LOL

BUt I was a tad jaded and did not read the bladdy rules with the WoF Rocks LOL

I will be awake next time and get there first.

Great night all and well done :yay:

You were the first to find me...and i thought yikes these guys are fast ...so much for my clever hiding spot inside a tree !

I hinted to you about the magic words and also to Amara who got to me after you...she said "wof rocks" first so prize went to her. Hard luck man...

Back