PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Hardcore avatars, yes or no?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 10.29%
  • No

49 72.06%
  • Dont know or dont care, gieb efd plx

12 17.65%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Exsolvus Exo Nex
    Society
    DeagleTeam
    Images

Hardcore Avatars?

I just started thinking a bit about this whole system,

How about we do like some other unmentionable games have done, and make "Hardcore avatars" available for choice when creating an avatar? What do i mean the ones of you that havent played such games may wonder, its fairly simple.

In general, hardcore avatars is an avatar, which cannot revive after being killed, but with EU being an RCE there needs to be advantages of using such an avatar.

So, perhaps hardcore avatars could skill faster?
    perhaps they could loot "hardcore items" which are only usable for hardcore avatars?
    perhaps you could even do hardcore PvP'ing which in fact means, that if a hardcore avatar kills another hardcore avatar in PvP, with some regulation, perhaps the killer has to be less skilled than the killee, then you get some form of unique loot for this accomplishment? An ear perhaps, and with enough ears you can make some form of.. necklase or whatever, that will aid you in one form or another in becoming more and more skilled untill the day you meet your maker.

This might be a good way to ensure that "excitement" is around, sure nobody likes to skill for 1,000 USD just to find your avatar slayed by some asshole that brought 20,000 snables on you (heh), but nevertheless, it would serve a purpose, perhaps an ingame top100 list could be formed for such avatars that take their chances.

Ofcourse this isn't implementable out of the box, some more thinking needs to be done to ensure the regulations are "worth while" even if you have skilled up an avatar to lvl100 lasersniper and someone shoots you down with a prototype launcher.

What does the community as a whole think? Should we implement "hardcore avatars" ?

Quote Originally Posted by syntax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean this is typical MindArk development priorities... an entire planet has been bugged for the past 2 years but thank god they found time to remodel the fruits.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jason Pepto Amsterdam
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Exsolvus Exo Nex
    Society
    DeagleTeam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepto View Post
    Haha, yeah, that would be the EU way of saying it :P

I mean this is typical MindArk development priorities... an entire planet has been bugged for the past 2 years but thank god they found time to remodel the fruits.

Arylia Ary Gawd
    Society
    Rising Potentials
    I have an even better idea! Lets get together all the features all the games out there might have, mix them in any fashion possible and implement them into EU...Doh!

Old Alpha
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow
    Society
    Warants
    Images
    Would take annoying internet hickups to a whole new level
    Really though, I really can't see this happening. Maybe a few insane people would like a "hardcore" system. But spending company resources developing something that will likely discourage the people that use it to deposit? naaah.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Exsolvus Exo Nex
    Society
    DeagleTeam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arylia View Post
    I have an even better idea! Lets get together all the features all the games out there might have, mix them in any fashion possible and implement them into EU...Doh!
    Thats exactly the point though, isn't it?

EU is a virtual universe, not a game, and as such, should accomodate all aspects of "life" including, but not limited to, gaming aspects available in other games in the "real" universe.

That being said, it's just up to us to choose what functions/features we want implemented in a structured and orderly fassion

Great post, +rep to you Arylia

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Exsolvus Exo Nex
    Society
    DeagleTeam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjukis View Post
    Would take annoying internet hickups to a whole new level
    Really though, I really can't see this happening. Maybe a few insane people would like a "hardcore" system. But spending company resources developing something that will likely discourage the people that use it to deposit? naaah.
    So, you would say no to using a hardcore avatar, say if it was more than possible to loot IMP weaponry/gear, only usable for hardcore avatars?

Say, if loot never dipped below 90% TT return?

Bare in mind, my idea was that these hardcore avatars would be in a class of their own, without the ability to influence the RCE aspect of normal avatars in a big way (only by stealing mobs perhaps).

I for one would love the chance to know, if i kill 10,000 of a given creature, that imp/mod/whatnot item is MINE

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TeranoZ Evil Slayer
    Society
    United People of Calypso (UPC)
    Images
    Thats gonna be NoobForever avatars and a lot of them wil be creating new accounts for that 10 times a day because they still die with 0 evade and so.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Johnny Mandrake
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Images
    Well, I'd probably give it a go, but only if I got to keep my normal ava And there is really no way that MA would do something that always gives 90% TT returns, because then everyone would get a hardcore ava then a big ass FAP, and get an opalo and take out dakis and loot Jag and such

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Exsolvus Exo Nex
    Society
    DeagleTeam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Teranoz View Post
    Thats gonna be NoobForever avatars and a lot of them wil be creating new accounts for that 10 times a day because they still die with 0 evade and so.
    True, but then there wouldnt be any "laws" against creating 10 avatars a day if hardcore now would there?

Perhaps you dont even have to create a new avatar, but each time you die, all your gear and skills are stripped away, or maybe just skills? i dont know

Theres lots to ponder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast