A little Teaser to keep you all awake

Status
That there looks like a perty handy device :D

these results about hit rate and avg dmg are already well known, and you can get accurate data using entropiatools.
Which btw. dosn't match the results i ended up with. According to entropedia i should have had 2.474 damage/pec with EP-41+a104 instead of the effective 2.37 shown in the screenshot in topmost post.

Question is: Why?

what kind of "dynamics" you mean?
The difference to entropedia.
the numbers in entropiatools are based on experience and extensive tests (the 20%-8% miss rate).
Maybe, but they didn't match the results of my tests.

the main result from your tool would be if we could conclude on something different than what entropiatools already shows.
That is the idea.

also, this tool would be awesome for me to show MA how i keep missing 20-25% of my shots, instead of the theoretical 8%, using maxed weapons (not that MA would do something, anyway...) :D
Maybe you're lucky with this. You'll have real numbers soon, and hopefully we all get some feedback from the community about this.

[qutoe]that would be my biggest fear as well, especially after seeing the chat-box revamp in the last mini-teaser. i'm almost sure that my own tool (the skill scanner) will stop working after CE2. hope i'm wrong.[/QUOTE]I guess we both will have some fun with the new UI of CE2.

Maybe we should teamup on the efford? Could be helpfull to throw some ideas around together...

Tussi

Tussi how do you find the text now? Isnt it possible to somehow just grab the screenshot and sort of look for the text? or let the user define the area by dragging a marker where it is sort of?

or you could look for the right area by looking for certain colors or something.

Tussi how do you find the text now? Isnt it possible to somehow just grab the screenshot and sort of look for the text? or let the user define the area by dragging a marker where it is sort of?

or you could look for the right area by looking for certain colors or something.

That is how I did it in the initial client... but that leaves uncertanty in the equation.. since i looked for something that "looked like an A" for instance... The way we (he) does it now I presume is to look for each letter by its "letter spacing converted into bits" method..

Think of it like ACSII art...
Draw an A in a square.. every pixel that is "black" is 1 all other colors are 0 ..

Make that into one line:

Thats the sequence you are looking for then to equal A...
With AA enabled the sequence will be ever so slightly different since the AA will try to smoothen the border.. hence you have to use some form algorithm to "estimate" which letter we are looking at... Prehaps even which word we are looking at.. Long story short.. capital i I .. may very very well turn into lover case L ... = Loads of ppl yelling at us for tracker now being accurate :)

Well, my algorythm is a bit more sophisticated than starfinder described, but he's quite accurate about the problem with AA. AntiAliasing leads to text being hard to read (hard for humans, and even harder up to impossible for machines).

An algorythm to estimate the character won't work because of the transparent background (which leads to a character never looking the same), plus the bad idea to use AA on fonts sizes below 20px (because then characters will smear into each other).

I personally find it totally unacceptable to read AA text below 18px since the strain on my eyes, that's the reason why AA is completely disabled on my system.

Tussi

Which btw. dosn't match the results i ended up with. According to entropedia i should have had 2.474 damage/pec with EP-41+a104 instead of the effective 2.37 shown in the screenshot in topmost post.

Question is: Why?

according to feedback from players, MA, etc... the reason is the extra number of missed shots due to client/network/server glitches.

those lucky players with ideal conditions do get a real eco that matches the theoretical eco. in all other cases, and according to MA support, bad luck for you.

but i do agree with you that the tool would be really really useful, if we could prove that there are other factors for the missed shots (such as the choice of mob), in addition to the crappy network code in EU.

according to feedback from players, MA, etc... the reason is the extra number of missed shots due to client/network/server glitches.
I think i have written some posts about that in the past already :rolleyes:.

those lucky players with ideal conditions do get a real eco that matches the theoretical eco. in all other cases, and according to MA support, bad luck for you.
Yes, sadly. But maybe it'll help in the sense that you can figure out if you're on a good connection sooner so you can make your decisions based on that.

but i do agree with you that the tool would be really really useful, if we could prove that there are other factors for the missed shots (such as the choice of mob), in addition to the crappy network code in EU.
I'm looking forward for feedback.

BTW: 0.6.x is now openly available!
And for this week you all can use the ToolMonitor using Gift credits.

Tussi

Closing this since it's done.

Tussi

Status
Back