Newspaper for Entropia Universe

Would you subscribe to a newsletter/newspaper to do with Entropia???

• Yes!

Votes: 77 61.1%
  • No!

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • Maybe Later!

Votes: 19 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have to find yourself another name for the paper.

"The Entropian" is/was taken.

http://s168179339.websitehome.co.uk/...the-entropian/

Edit: Question. When did you join Entropia Universe?
Thanks for telling me! I was just about to get all the logos done... Any suggestions on a new name??? +Rep for the best one!

BTW only been on for about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
well since you're aiming a bit for noobs, i suggest "The Pixie Post" though it may seem to similar to TCP.

the "naming after armor" thing has got me going now...

-Nemesis News
-Rascal Reader

or portions of magazine/newspaper....

-Setter Sums It Up (or shadow)
-Gremlin Games

I do go a little overboard with the alitterations.... :D

Short stories would be great.

how many people would help write it? i would love to help and maybe write a story once in a while. though i do get easily sidetracked.....

simple interviews of ubers or noobs, but mostly people who accomplish things other than skills, like making EU a more fun, friendly, and more pleasant place to be.

Great post and some good names!
I would appreciate help once the scripting of the page is out of the way, so I'll let you know when it is up and running... Or you could just follow the project on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/GalacticLord
I try to update the page as often as possible so that is prob your best bet.
Thanks

Ahh yes, the very short lived but hillarious Entropia Exposed! OMG, wish they would have kept that one going too! The Calypso Post and EE were the ones I liked the best. If you have that kind of humor you'll do well :)

GL!

A kewl section for fun might be in-game 'sightings'.. whether real or made up.. could be fun ;)

Here's one for ya...... MS9 was recently seen all dressed up in her best purple with whip in hand..... rumor has it she was off to see Marco......to put him in line of course ;)

*omg, she gonna kill me ...... ....

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea. Closer to the Time Of Release, I will open a new thread with details of a place where you can send your stories etc online. Please continue posting these ideas... they are really helpful.

Id like to see "Styles" section. U take a pict of someone, ask them a little about their clothes, the colors etc. and why decided to have it done that way... :)

Good suggestion! I will definitely add that one in! +REP

How about 'The Entropian Informer' as a name???
I am still open to suggestions!

What about this one:

Mayhem Magazine :D

Also willing to Host it for you, free of charge :)

Ahh yes, the very short lived but hillarious Entropia Exposed! OMG, wish they would have kept that one going too! The Calypso Post and EE were the ones I liked the best. If you have that kind of humor you'll do well :)

THANKS! yepperz and + rep for finding it :) Wish I knew what happened to them.. they just stopped :(

Heya GalacticLord and all other written media enthusiasts :yay:,

Right first off GREAT to see such enthusiasm from you and all those who posted suggestions for EU written media. Anyhow this is entirely a FYI post, for those who wern't around last year, regarding the current two publications Entropia Exposed (EE) and The Calypso Post (TCP).

I know it looks like we went away but I hope I can safely say we really havn't ,we are just taking a VERY long time to produce the next magazine! Ok haha not really, effectively we are just "on hold" till we get more writers/contributors or we all get our muse back and start churning out enough words to constitute a sizeable publication. If I were betting, I'd say there's even a fair chance we might be back before vu10! :laugh: Of course the Mayan 2012 "End of the World Prophesy" may also happen before vu10 too :D:silly2:

Anyhow we really need a kick up the arse and new writers so please if people want to get involved with TCP then please get in touch. You just need enthusiasm, writing ability (even if spelling/grammar bad we can edit if you don't mind) and sturdy footwear to help you kick the rest of us into doing things! ;)

Regarding Entropia Exposed this was a project undertaken by "The Dudes". I cannot speak for them with absolute confidence however some time back I was blindfolded and taken to meet one of them in a dark and shady corner of Jasons Bar and we had a chat about their situation. I can relatively confidently say that they too will be back ,-)

One other thing I should mention re a news type website is that there was one a while back who TCP used to exchange aticles with who (if I recall correctly) actually paid writers! Can't remember their name though as I wasn't really involved in that but hopefully one of the other TCP staff can comment on them and say if they are still going?

As a final point, by all means, if you are really passionate about starting a new venture then definitely go for it. I have to say I aggree with Skam though and believe that this forum covers most weekly stuff and that generally community initiatives are so thinly stretched it would be best for them to stick together rather than have smaller projects struggling for contributors.... especially when even the "larger" (allegedly) ones struggle!

Thanks and I really have a good feeling about stuff now to see people so stoked about Entropia Mags/Newspapers

Great Stuff :yay:
Wistrel

Thanks for telling me! I was just about to get all the logos done... Any suggestions on a new name??? +Rep for the best one!

BTW only been on for about 3 weeks.

Galactic News

an Atlas Haven Radio schedule and advertising in exchange for Advertising on the Air ;)

One other thing I should mention re a news type website is that there was one a while back who TCP used to exchange aticles with who (if I recall correctly) actually paid writers! Can't remember their name though as I wasn't really involved in that but hopefully one of the other TCP staff can comment on them and say if they are still going?

That may have been Entropia News Network (ENN) ?
But I havent seen much from ENN lately. What happened to you guys? :)

Regards,
Lars Sebra
TCP VIP reporter

ah yeh it was.... is their site still up?

Wistrel

signature-1.jpg

I think "The Entropian" may well be trade marked to mindark.... I'll dig out my copy from the draw and take a look. Also iirc technically "The Entropian" is not ended but on hold. I'm sure, given a large enough market to make it financially viable, they would happilly start it again too.

Wistrel

I thought TCP and ENN were dead.
They seem to be in a comma... a very deep one. :p

Now that I think about it, you seem quite enthusiast but hopefully you've got some experience with newspaper management, 'cuz three weeks seem hardly enough time for you to know Entropia's subtle entertainment market.

And Wistrel has a pont there... you need writers, or you'll go into a comma as well; which would be a shame. Imagine VU10 finally arriving and not having enough scouts to write about the new features.

Anyway, I hope the your project goes smoothly. ;)
If I had to name a paper, it would be... The Galactic Traveler
With new planets on our way, you never know. :D

Got 2 cool name's for articles for Hunters, Crafters & Miners:

"Mining Matters"

"Hunting Habits"

"Calypsian Crafters"

You could place some awesome story's, loot trends, or interviews with well known Miners / Hunters / Crafters. :D

Just something that shot my mind :D
Hopefull it'll help you developing :)

EDIT:
For newb's:

"Simply Sweating" :D

Last edited:
Good one DrPaddo... +Rep

I understand that people will be expecting payment, and hopefully that will happen in the future, but to start with, it would be difficult, if not impossible to get this off the ground without voluntary writers... So lets say it will be volutary writing with a view to paying in the future...

I think "The Entropian" may well be trade marked to mindark.... I'll dig out my copy from the draw and take a look. Also iirc technically "The Entropian" is not ended but on hold. I'm sure, given a large enough market to make it financially viable, they would happilly start it again too.

Wistrel
I am working on a new name and a new 'under-construction' logo at the moment, but wont change it until a name has been changed. I will post a new poll to allow the community to pick the name that they thing suits best... Keep an eye out for it in the general discussion forum...

Back