$15 Experiment

Mordrell

Stalker
Society
Supremacy Reign HQ
Mordrell Baas WHAT
I read Blackhawk's guide to profiting with $15 per month and decided to give it a try, although I will be skipping a few steps as I am not a new Entropian fresh of the ship. Mainly I am doing this because I am bored atm :ahh:

Okay I will do this in "phases":

No need to get all the tp's or spend a month sweating:D
Phase1: tt-knife
(opalo+a101 I will skip as I maxed the opalo a long time ago)
Phase2: breer m2a +102
Phase3: breer p4a +a104 (or better)

My goals etc are:

Phase1:
Equipment - tt-knife, vivo t1
Goal - Reach 2k Shortblade Skill, Get necessary equipment for next phase
Fail - Take to long because of consistent failure
Bonus - Attain at least 1 global, Attain +500ped balance by end of phase1

Phase2:
Equipment - Breer m2a, a102 amp, full pixie, 2a plates, vivo t1
Goal - Get ped balance of +3k peds, 10 globals, buy necesary equipment for next phase
Fail - Consistently loose peds, project becomes unsustainable
Bonus - Get a 300ped+ HOF

Phase3:
Equipment - Breer p4a, a104 amp, full pixie, 5b plates, vivo t1
Goal - Sustain healthy ped balance, get a105 or better amp, lots of globals and hofs, build full gremlin set
Fail - Consistently loose peds, project becomes unsustainable
Bonus - Get a 10kped+ Hof

PS I will only depo the necesary $15 per month for the duration of the project, and track profit/loss, skillgains etc. in excell and post a spreadsheet at the end of every phase. I will also post a short summary after every run.

Phase 1: In Progress

Short blade skill: 423
Goal completed: 21%
tt-knife's used: 10
Ped Balance: 164.89ped

Time spent on Phase: 2days
Peds deposited: 200ped

Last edited:
Power to you mate, any idea how much you'll be playing either per day or per week approx?

Nice,

Ill be keeping an eye on this thread as well as the other 15$ threads.

gl and have fun,

narfi

I am having thoughts of starting one as well, but first I will read here for a month and see how you manage to do! Thanks for this thread!

Keep it up! :)

Good luck with that experiment. :D

My last disciple burned through the first 15$ he deposited in the first week.
He started with full pixie, vivo t1 and opalo (unamped).
He hit poor loots at swamp most of the time hunting daikiba youngs and matures.

After about 30$ he started to see some better returns.

I do hope your 15$ will last longer then one week. ;)

Firstly thank you, I will try to hunt daily at least until this months peds run out:ahh:

I am also planning on doing runs with 5xtt-knife and on combibo just because I really hate running after snable/daika/exa when they turn around and run away when their HP is low. (this is one of the things I hate most:mad:)
I also know from personal experience that if you stick to a eco hunting plan and your equipment is maxed it is easy to get an average 90% return. Barring the occasional, scrap that mythical HOF it is possible to sustain hunting and even profit.

Usually my peds get lost into crafting(she is a cruel mistress) /buying stuff fro my apartment /having fun.

If I were to just hunt eco I think I could stop depoing.

Anyway I will post the first run results soon, I dont have very high hopes for the first run as I will need to max the knife before I see any good results. Also as a general rule I think when the skills are flying the loot sux:D

Phase one starts now:yay:

Last edited:
I wish you the best of luck. Despite popular belief it is possible to make it last, but you might not be able to do everything everyone else is doing. opalo+a101 (assuming you have the a101 already) ftw.

If you play for a long time already, I would suggest to go with pixie+blade on berycled young and such, or even skip sb all the way and move on tantilion or such with m2a+102. What I wrote there is not set in stone and each must find its way best suited for its situation. What I wrote is more a guideline. In fact, after spending some time with my disciples, I see that they could move easy to a bit higher mobs from first day when they start hunting, and they will probably start directly on berycled or combibo themselves.

First run is complete and it went predictably bad lol, I gained a huge amount of short blade skill and I think that translates into MA turning of loot on my ava. On a plus point I gained a Health point and that more then makes up for the loss on the first run. If I could spend 30ped to get 1 HP I would depo 3kpeds tomorrow lol;)

Phase 1 - Run 1 5xtt-knife, vivo t1

Decay -69.1 ped
Loot+Mu 33.46 ped
Profit/Loss -35.16 ped:(
Return 48%

Total -35.16 ped
Short Blade Gained
280:jawdrop:

Next run will probably go better, I think I will get 60%+ return. I will also stick to the tt-knife it will be interesting to see how many knifes I burn through to get to 2k short blade and how long it will take. I thinks it wont really take that long:D

PS. Little side note: I will be working 12 hour shifts the next two days and it is also my mothers B-day tomorrow so I will do tomorrow's hunt later tonight.

This run went alot better then I expected seeing as I have yet to max the knife. I am almost hitting at max speed which is helping alot only the pesky daika that run to fast making it bothersome to kill them. Its nice to get a challenge from a hunt instead of blasting mobs with a LR32 while they struggle to even dent your armor:eyecrazy:

Phase 1 - Run 2
5xtt-knife, vivo t1

Decay -68.66 ped
Loot+Mu 68.71 ped
Profit/Loss 0.05 pec :ahh:
Return 100.07282264......%

Total Profit/Loss -35.11ped
Total Peds Left 164.89 ped
Short Blade Gained

Memorable loots:
20.76 Kerberos Old
12.27 Kerberos Young