Another n00b question probably inthe wrong spot

hey!

Ignorant, fool? Why would I take that personally? My wife saw it, she got it for me. I wanted to know if it was for real.

anyways.

Last edited:
Ignorant, fool? Why would I take that personally? My wife saw it, she got it for me. I wanted to know if it was for real.

anyways.

Don't mind him too... much :); this is a good thread, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

It's obviously a poor attempt to get some money from the less initiated people in the game; reminds me of someone else trying to sell a "Making money in EU" guide that he found and downloaded from the internet (PDF)... oh, and it was pretty old too :laugh:.

I just found and bought Einstein's biography for $10.99.... what the hell do I know?

OK. Sorry I got a little bent out of shape.

So, here's what I got. First my wife said it didn't cost 97, that when she clicked it the checkout price was actually 47. Although to be honest, I don't think she would have cared, she buys stuff like that. You have Einstein's biography? We have how to buy real estate with nothing down, etc.

They've got some really good advise, that seems like good advise to me. Maybe I should be reading here more, or have gotten a better mentor. :rolleyes: I really am new, I joined in feb and am like 3rd-5th level. They break down different jobs. And have a couple examples. I tried one and made a little money, enough to cover my ammo and repairs. Maybe I'll get better. :cool:
But one of the schemes I think is out of date cause it calls for making ME, and the price of force nexus went ridiculous. They suggest that you buy it for 105-110% then trade the ME in a triangle.

They seem to be long time vets with some stories. Some are funny. He's a pilot and says if you read the book you should know how to find him. Aside from the hangars outside fort argus being his favorite and his favorite color is blue, I must have missed the vital clues. :confused:

So, anyway, am I really the only one reading this book? Or is everyone else reading it too intimidated to say so? Cause there's some stuff I'd like to ask another reader. Maybe one with more experience. (or any at all)

Last night I privately asked Wildman if he was the guy in the stories, cause they sounded kinda crazy, and I've always seen him just crazy like a fox. He said no. I would have asked Luke next because he calculates everything so precisely. But those are all the serious veterans I know, that I hero-worship that I think could write something like this. So I don't know who wrote it. And I assume from the reactions in this thread, I'm only going to find out in game.

Hey Swordsman, I would like to meet you and ask some questions from the book. I'm usually around Atlas South, sweating.

Bob

PS If the force nexus is selling for 160-170% and the ME is selling for 170-180% does that make sense to anyone else? bt

If you want to find the author of this book look for the guy sat on a big pile of cash laughing his tits off.

Hurrikane

anyways.

I am sorry if I offended you, I had put you in the "nosy" section. I should be more clear, I hope you can read what I ment in my initial post

If it's telling you that you can profit by "finding chinks in MA's armour" i.e. making money from MA rather than from other players, you might as well delete it right now.

Unless it shows how to take advantage of server border exploits and other bugs that MA does not feel like fixing ;)

Well...

Actually I guess I am nosy. And probably too quick to take offense. Sorry. Bad news is that the other stuff fit to well for me not to notice. ;)

It's an E-Book by James & Linda Tanner and costs $97 to download form Lulu.com.

And thats the way to make big money in EU, selling books with useless tips that everybody knows for $97

And besides that, even if you save all 102% crap (and manage to sell them in 7 days on auction) and are not hunting above your level and are not using to high markup items, and are hunting the mobs with good markup loot. Even then you still have no gurantee to get hofs or profit.

To profit on selling skills you earn with breaking even is also down the drain because the skill prices are down to crap.

Last edited:
i could prolly give you all the same info for free , socmates dont pay for my knowledge , they benefit from my years of losses :)

How to make money in Entropia .....
Dont deposit - unless you have Marcos credit card....
Sweat and sell it - but you can make more money by working at Mc Donalds...
Sell a book about making money in Entropia...
These are the only ways to be sure to profit...

How to make money in Entropia .....
Dont deposit -

Another bullshit answer...
Why do the rich get richer and the poor get poorer ?

Investing takes money... lack of money means running after the facts..
Except for the few success stories of course..
You are aiming small for generating money.. if your balance says plus it means you are doing ok, but please tell how much you make in what time frame..

First of all tried to find the E-book talked about, but can´t seem to find it @ Lulu.com? Never been a master in the noble art of searching either, maybe that´s a good thing huh?

Anyways, assuming this E-book is as bad as this community assumes, it surely gives Entropia Universe a bad name & MA/FPC should try to take actions if it contains pure lies...I´ve no ideas how to though, but I do understand that scams is utterly devastating for a company like MA/FPC...

...besides I find no reason to treat OP like a stepchild, so he may have step into something nasty, let´s try to help him out instead shall we, afterall he came to us, right?

A couple of years ago when I first joined EU I bought a book on Ebay something like

unofficial entropia money making guide

or similar for $9au. It and alice's wonderful guide (free) were my introduction to eu. It was fully worth the 9 bucks but 97 or 47 whatever a different case.

True you can get all the information published by these books for free in EF and many other forums however if you can afford it getting it all in one place than endlessley surfing through multiple sites is a good jump start.

I repeat afford it lol. I cycle through much more than 47 bucks in a nights hunting sometimes with very little return.

The sad part is I generally am well aware that I am going to walk away poorer chasing that mythical ATH well nearly mythical to me anyway.

So dont be too hard on the guy and his wife at least, they are trying and this is part of their learning curve.

Jung

I've never heard of the book, but if it works they'll propably be a mass buyout of all the coppies :D
It would be awsome if the stuff it told you to do was useful though...

Update from the guy whose wife bought that book

Hi,

Well, a few updates.
1. I did actually start making it pay, but I haven't bought a private jet yet. :D

2. My wife found the authors. They have an Entropia blog about their book, and a facebook page. So, I finally got to chat a bit and get some questions answered. He rejected my plea's to become his Lamer-newbie poster boy.

3. My buddy got a copy and he agreed, I'm not a total idiot, the book was ok, and he learned some stuff.

4. Version 10 according to everybody is really great, but my computer doesn't seem to like it, so my days of using the book's secrets to become the next Donald Trump have whithered away.

Guys, thanks for the help and advise. If I can ever get back into entropia, I'll be back.
:wtg:

Hi,

Well, a few updates.
1. I did actually start making it pay, but I haven't bought a private jet yet. :D

4. Version 10 according to everybody is really great, but my computer doesn't seem to like it, so my days of using the book's secrets to become the next Donald Trump have whithered away.

Guys, thanks for the help and advise. If I can ever get back into entropia, I'll be back.
:wtg:

No need for the private jet, just use the money you made from using the book to buy a new computer. They aren't that expensive, especially with all the money making potential you have learned from the book ;)

LOL... read some of the claims he makes on his site: http://entropiatalk.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html .

It's interesting that he only speaks to his "potential buyers", instead of posting publicly on EF. He evades the questions of why, if his system is so great, is he selling it as a book.

It is "only" 47, though.

Last edited:
This thread still isnt burried? :scratch2:

To OP:

Forget about money making books in EU.
Everything is about the moment. There is no rinse repeat opportunity in EU. No more.

One day its profitable to craft sheet metal, other bearings.
One day its profitable to search for narc, then gazz the other.
One day you should shoot little foul, atrox the next.

Basically u profit on markup - the market adjusts within 2-3 days - therefore no opportunity to profit on certain activity lasts longer then that. Its like catching the wave then surfing it. Afterwards you just wait for another.

And no book will add to your perception / teach you to be smart enough to see those opportunities but expirience. And if you need a book to tell you - buy cheap - sell expencive to profit - then you really shouldnt try to profit in EU.

I.

come on OP, you wrote the book and this is just a shameles plug for it :D

If it works for you, your wife did a good "investment", if it didnt work but stil lwas an interesting or fun read, then you got yourself a good book.

I dont think i would have bought a $47 book though, but that might just be me :D

More updates

Hey guys,

Well, to close on JAMES TANNER's book about skilling and reselling, none of it seems to work under version 10. My wife and daughter were making some money for a while busting their butts over the weekend, I mostly found things at auction, that I knew I could re-sell. As I recall I made about a grand total of 20 peds or so. My wife and daughter actually did better.

We did meet the guy on Facebook, and he befriended the family. PLayed some facebook games with my kids (We got 8) Then he made some remarks that were generally unappreciated, and we haven't talked since. Nope, I'm not the author. Ask anybody that's ever played with me,... I couldn't be. ;)

I was hoping to use some of his tricks in skilling up, but none of them ever worked as well as the Tips I got from Jing ye Davies, or Luke or Emil.

I still don't know the entropia id of James, but wouldn't mind spending a penny or 2 to have him shot at in a pvp zone.

Oh, and yes, my wife does buy these books! On everything from Forex trading to improving your MLM. That's just her. Always been her style and always will. Sadly it also makes her susceptable to jackasses who say their going to come to Vegas for the weekend to give her special classes so she can make even more.

All in all, our worst mistake wasn't getting the book. It was trying to find other people that had the book to try and figure it out. It's so vague in some areas, you need a veteran to show you what he's talking about. So completely destroying any rep I might have anywhere or any time in Entropia, I asked here.

Take Care guys,
Bob

PS Ya, I did consider posting his book here after the pass he made at my wife. But was pretty certain I'd lose my forum account or get sued. bt

Erm, another thing.... I'm not 100% sure of this but I think your soc name, as one representing your religious beliefs, might be against the EULA, just to warn ya. Maybe call it Wooden Submarine or something a bit more subtle.

Hurrikane

Uhoh! I smell barbecue!
image002.jpg

Oh, the guy made a pass at your wife after meeting in facebook? And she got 8 kids?
Hmm, well, it's almost a compliment (I'm jocking of course)! Time was generous to her.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

stuff

PS Ya, I did consider posting his book here after the pass he made at my wife. But was pretty certain I'd lose my forum account or get sued. bt

cough Piratebay cough

Uhoh! I smell barbecue!
image002.jpg

LOL nice pic. Thinking about it, the EU Guide wouldn't be the first book full of bollocks that this guy has believed........

Hmm. Better stop thinking aloud.

Hurrikane

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2196976/?rel=1270409150
:lolup:

Having trouble seeing the complimentary side of that one. Personally, I don't think much of the tastes of people that chase other people's spouses. But that's just me.

Anyways I heard somebody cough, and it gave me an idea. Nothing I had ever done before, but it was certainly worth a try. :D

Hope to see you around EU and sorry the book didn't work out. Lots of people around here give decent advice about how things work. None of us have a guarenteed way to make money hand over fist that I know of.

97$ outch!

Last edited:
It's an E-Book by James & Linda Tanner and costs $97 to download form Lulu.com.
I know a Tanner,maybe that's how he can afford all the neat toys he has;)

Back