Lock system

Vulcano

Elite
Society
Calypso Agency
Hugo Vulcano Riri
Hi,

I just noticed that most of us agree that a lock system, on item prevent that acidently people sell items they dont wanted.
So why not work in comunity and define a equal text that all of us send it to EU support.
I would like to see yours opinions on that.

I'm in, they need to do something if we all let hear our voices

Common sense and caution still wins overall but we are all mere mortals and make mistakes.
I say it would send the right message if MA would implement it, in terms of acknowledging the high market value and need for additionally security for some items and even better announce asap that they will do so.

YES!
Please implement a lock system:bowdown:

That game that is all about Adam's wife *cough* had a lock system as far back as 2004.

Hope it arrives in Entropia sometime before 2012. :)

Aye, you would have thought they would have come up with it since the heavy discussions on it from the Squall incident.

Requested a couple of dozen times back then and I believe MA were going to work on providing such improvements over and above the 1000 PED retreival fee.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/123077-30000-mistake.html

Hope it arrives in Entropia sometime before 2012. :)

Well at least your more of a realist than an optimist on such things when it comes to MA doing anything useful ;) Timeframe wise.

Aye, you would have thought they would have come up with it since the heavy discussions on it from the Squall incident.

Requested a couple of dozen times back then and I believe MA were going to work on providing such improvements over and above the 1000 PED retreival fee.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/123077-30000-mistake.html

Well at least your more of a realist than an optimist on such things when it comes to MA doing anything useful ;) Timeframe wise.

Then again, that "to do" list is very long, weren't the banks supposed to have a terminal outside the building for redeeming loans about now?

..... you know, for the ones that forget to pay the rent..... ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...olana-kitty-brice-argus-bank-fee-expired.html

Then again, that "to do" list is very long, weren't the banks supposed to have a terminal outside the building for redeeming loans about now?

..... you know, for the ones that forget to pay the rent..... ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...olana-kitty-brice-argus-bank-fee-expired.html

Yah, it must be their office competition for 2003 - 2009, to see how long they can grow the to-do list before they have to do any work.

Makes sense, maybe they will start all the 2001 - 2009 to-dos in 2010 to 2012 and run the same office comp from 2013 to 2019 :D

yes! implement lock system on items. Making impossible to trade, drop or sell when its checked!

its already in other games, its a simple solution to many problems.

dont need it tbh just open your eyes when u trade things i mean geez u have to bloody confirm twice open your eyes ffs

Hi,

I just noticed that most of us agree that a lock system, on item prevent that acidently people sell items they dont wanted.
So why not work in comunity and define a equal text that all of us send it to EU support.

So what will happen when someone with the new lock system makes a mistake?

Will everyone jump on him or her and say tough shit you should have used the lock or will there be new threads promoting the double lock feature be implemented?

So what will happen when someone with the new lock system makes a mistake?

Will everyone jump on him or her and say tough shit you should have used the lock or will there be new threads promoting the double lock feature be implemented?

they probly want a call from marco himself asking if they really do want to trade this item

Absolutely yes.. Count on me !!

Burnsey's got it right folks.

We already have a DOUBLE CONFIRM system in place. Placed there by our request.

We got the ability to buy back TT'd items. Placed there by our request.

When do we take responsibility for our mistakes?

Here's a thought. You want the ability to place items in a trade window, (so you can show TT, stats, etc. ) but lock the ability to trade it?

Anyone else here see the potential for scamming here?

I'd like an item lock system -and- the 1000 PED retrieval system. Locked items should not be trade-able, drop-able, auction-able, etc... they should be locked to your Inventory or Storage only.

Good idea. +Rep!

Or not...:eek:

Like they say double trouble comes in multitudes..

There sould be a new way to "show" item instead..

Pretty sure this thread has spun off from the "adj fap" incident (the concept is not new) and although I agree, a lock system would be nice, it wouldn't have stopped the "adj fap" incident.

Undoubtably, if an item is locked, you won't be able to even put it into the trade window, so in order to show someone what the TT of the item is, you would have to unlock it first (similar to how you can not trade items which are equipped or have attachments on them).

Something which could work as a lock could be an attachment which you can stick to any item you desire, of course it will be (L) and decay every time it's attached to something :)

Or not...:eek:

Like they say double trouble comes in multitudes..

There sould be a new way to "show" item instead..

Nah, just uncheck the "Lock Box" and then you can place the item in the trade window. Of course this still leaves the possibility of screwing up. But at least it reduces the risk of TT'ing it. up.

Nah, just uncheck the "Lock Box" and then you can place the item in the trade window. Of course this still leaves the possibility of screwing up. But at least it reduces the risk of TT'ing it. up.

lol plz reread wat u just wrote if u have to uncheck the lock then wtf is the point of implamenting the system anyway and if u want your stuff back from tt just pay 1k ped

lol plz reread wat u just wrote if u have to uncheck the lock then wtf is the point of implamenting the system anyway and if u want your stuff back from tt just pay 1k ped
It's all about risk reduction. If you want to show your item in the trade window, then you have to uncheck the Lock Box. That's your choice. No 1000 PED fee to MA will get it back it you private trade it at that point. I think we need the option to "Lock It". And if we screw up and TT the item, we need to be able to pay a fee to correct the mistake.

It's all about risk reduction. If you want to show your item in the trade window, then you have to uncheck the Lock Box. That's your choice. No 1000 PED fee to MA will get it back it you private trade it at that point. I think we need the option to "Lock It". And if we screw up and TT the item, we need to be able to pay a fee to correct the mistake.

there is already risk reduction u have to confirm the deal twice

When do we take responsibility for our mistakes

Nothings worse then people who won't take responsibility for their own mistakes. Whine at the authorities when they didn't help when they "should". Whine at the authorities when they're on our backs. What is it that we want?

Trading in a easy less the twenty step plan:
First your item is locked. (Every item is automaticly locked).
[II] Unlock your item.
[III] "Warning! You are about to unlock item. You are now able to drop, trade or tt item! Do you want to continue?"
[IV] You click Yes.
[V] "You have unlocked item and are now able to drop, trade and tt item. You can still lock item if you made a mistake."
[VI] You click OK.
[VII] You request a trade.
[VIII] "The following items are unlocked and tradeble: item. Are you sure you want to continue?"
[IX] You click Yes.
[X] You put item in the tradebox.
[XI] "Warning! You are about to trade item. All trades are final by the EULA! Are you sure you want to trade item?"
[XII] You click Yes.
[XIII] You and your trading partner click confirm.
[XIV] You see the trading list and click OK.
[XV] "Item has been unlocked for more then two minuts and is automaticly relocked. You cannot trade, drop or tt item."
[XVI] You click OK.
[XVII] "The deal was cancelled, because one or more items were relocked."
[XVIII] You click OK.
[XIX] You start the process all over again and hope you make it in time this time.

Why ask for a tenfold conformation and not for a "Let me show you my item" thing? Only be able to show items, but never able to sell it, for that you have to open private trade.

:confused::laugh::confused:

Here's a thought. You want the ability to place items in a trade window, (so you can show TT, stats, etc. ) but lock the ability to trade it?

All that would have to be done is not allow the trade to continue with a locked item in the trade window eg. message pops up, 'Item Locked, Trade Cancelled' and the trade window closes down or you can't click Accept until you remove the locked item. If you actually mean to Trade it just Unlock it and replace in a Trade Window

Hi,

I started this to, if people like the idea we do a equal support telling EU support that we need a lock system.
I think its better the working of this if possible, shoul be care with the EU developers.
So if you agree with lock system just put your idea how this support should be wrote,not how lock system should be work.
Thx

Gave it some more thought and i came to the conclusion that a simple check box is not enough becasue after a while there will be a case where somebody thought it was checked and the item locked while it was not and loses it that way.
And while i certainly would prefer a system to lock my items without any additional cost i would be willing to pay for it.

I think a clamp would be best.

You use a tool similar to the Chip Implanter but instead of inserting a chip it puts a lets say 5 PED clamp on an item and decays maybe one or two PED itself. You can only remove the clamp with the same tool again, when you do it you pay decay again and the clamp itself decays to 0.01 PED.
While an item is clamped the only window you can drag it into is the reapir terminal, you can't drop nor trade nor tt it.
Removing and adding of other attachments works as usual and since the clamp itself keeps it full tt value till it is removed it has no influence whatsoever on repairing your item.

Burnsey's got it right folks.

We already have a DOUBLE CONFIRM system in place. Placed there by our request.

We got the ability to buy back TT'd items. Placed there by our request.

When do we take responsibility for our mistakes?

That double confirm button has a serieus flaw namly the "automatic clicking syndrome" (not a real name but it is there) people automaticly click yes without reading. This specially happens when you trade alot or when you are tired after hours of fapping (in this case).

The idea isn't bad at all. All that has to be done is when a item is placed with the no trade button on and the deal is confirmed the deal will automaticly shut down with no trade done. This way there is no scamming possible ( no items traded at all).

Things like trading who can be done automaticly without reading should be handeld as a dangerous machine. There the machine thinks so much for you that you can't make a flaw. Unless you do it fully on purpose.

Greetings,

alius ally micnolius

A good idea overall; with some tuning it certainly has some merit.

What's for sure is that something needs to be done.

ya plz add a lock system !

hows about crafted locks that need to be 5 ped tt each to work ( without decay i mean :wtg: but it would make ya still holding more ped ingame like MA likes it :rolleyes: )

ya a crafted lock could be the awnser , simple crafted and can be addet to each item ...

anyhow hope MA will act in the future ^^

I think it's probably simpler than a lock item check box.

When crafting (And playing poker in another window) I occasionally end up getting a message "equipped items cannot be dropped" , and when I look I have my harness selcted and being dragged around the screen,but as I'm wearing it I can't drop it.
Why can't equipped items be displayed in trade then? They can't be sold until unequipped (which is more than a click conform and hard to do in error), but they can be seen clearly for other purposes?

If you don't need this type of feature, good for you...heaven help you when you make a simple error and come whining trying to recover your treasures items on Ef though, sympathy will be in quotes from your past I think.

Whatever form this takes it's all good for us, and when this thread has enough posts I'm going to email support quoting it and the other Adj FAP thread ...hopefully I won't be alone there and MA will take notice.

t

Hi,

I'm sorry I disagree..
Currently you have click confirm twice & have a items listed in front of you.
Any 'lock system' would simply be overwritten by a few more clicks.
If players are going to stupid/ drunk enough accidentally trade /TT their items now ; they will manage to do it in the future too ( including myself)

Adding other few clicks /confirmation will only making trading in laggy areas/battle more tricky.

Back