Help: what should i do to my amps?

BackBone

Dominant
BackBone Angelina Praias
At this moment im lvl 21 laser pistoleer. But, has i searched for an "end game" pistol for me i found that maddox IV really attracted me! im not thinking about any higher stuff, cause i wont aford that in a million years :D so, maddox IV with it's 71 attacks really caugh my eye. And on top of that, BLP really was atractive even for pvp situations, and skills worth. So im thinking of changing from laser to BLP ( im lvl 11 blp pistoleer).

Is this a wise choice?

and speaking about the topic title... i have laser amps A101, A102, A104. Should i just sell those, if i change to BLP?

thanks all that have patience to read this and help :ahh:

If you are not willing to lose 20usd per hour using a maddox 4, don't get it. Look at your hit ability and critical ability with it, low right? :)

Don't use Maddox IV, unless you don't care care about things like eco or loosing a lot of PEDs. Seriously!!! It burns ammo like there is no tomorrow, and it decays a lot.

Switch to BPL if you like... but don't start with Maddox; have a look HERE first.

If you're really keen on using Maddox IV, buy (or better yet borrow) one, and see how you like it :naughty:.

And last... don't sell your amps.

i didnt explain it well in my first post :ahh:

Maddox IV is my finish line, but first ill start with svempa S60, then ill go ho Geotrek H40 Brody, and keep climbing up the skill ladder till ill be like...80 :laugh: and then ill buy a maddox! lol this sounds dumb i know! but is it a good goal? or should i just keep increasing laser pistols?

and speaking about the topic title... i have laser amps A101, A102, A104. Should i just sell those, if i change to BLP?

i'd keep one or two a104 just for the option of turning back to laser once you arefed up with blp. or maybe you'll one day have blp pistol as main weapon but laser rifle as tagger. smallest amps can go imo.

I was thinking of doing same some months back,im a few lvls ahead of u Backbone but now i just skill on blp when i loot the guns or buy a low tt one for a change.
But for the peds spent u will def spend alot more gettin to Mad IV & why stress u will get closer to it over time with ur laser skills. when u get to a "Apis" or better you can do ok on alot of mobs with better dps & range, save up for a good blp amp if u can?. But DONT SELL ur amps. You can always use em some other time or lend em to deciples if u trust em:rolleyes:
GL with what ever u choose:)

throw that a104 on a karma killer and go nuts! ;)

Nothing wrong switching to BLP in general, maybe want to stick with laser a bit longer, the eco you can get out of P5a(L) is pretty nice for the damage it does, but thats your choice, certainly worth keeping those amps though.

In general Mad4 is while fast, not really all that useful anymore, at level 41 where X1 is maxed, according to Entropedia it gives me this stats.

Svempa X1 (L) + Dante does 61.8 dmg/sec with 2.674dmg/pec @180%
Maddox IV + Beast does 42.9dmg/sec with 2.440 dmg/pec

Even if the eco you would get from the X1 isn't all that exciting overall, it will be more fun than Mad4 for sure, with the higher dmg/sec and the bigger L weapons will only increase the gap in dmg/sec.
At your skill level prolly go through some (read a lot ;) ) P5a (L) first, which once maxed gives those stats.

Breer P5a (L) + A104 does 31.2 dmg/sec with 2.918 dmg/pec @ 110%

throw that a104 on a karma killer and go nuts! ;)

IMO Karma is one of the shittiest weapons in-game. It has comparable dmg/sec to P5a which is much more eco and you have it maxed at lvl 21 or so. Karma has about 60 dmg/sec and P5a has 50 dmg/sec (with A105) but you have it maxed very soon, Karma at 100 lvl prof, so P5a best choice in laser pistol area :)

At this moment im lvl 21 laser pistoleer. But, has i searched for an "end game" pistol for me i found that maddox IV really attracted me! im not thinking about any higher stuff, cause i wont aford that in a million years :D so, maddox IV with it's 71 attacks really caugh my eye. And on top of that, BLP really was atractive even for pvp situations, and skills worth. So im thinking of changing from laser to BLP ( im lvl 11 blp pistoleer).

Is this a wise choice?

thanks all that have patience to read this and help :ahh:

DONT USE MADDOX... are you mad !!! omg please dont lol

it will definately End you Game

I tried those unl shit and they 're really evil, they are fine when loot is good.... but sux twice much when loot sux.

Stick to laser pistols... you can reach lvl 40 faster ... than you will be cool

Dont sell those amps..... You may need them some day or sell it now when the price is bit higher... but keep that 104 , you will need that to put on P4a to hunt eco

so the best way is to stay in laser pistols ( like p5 + 104 or p4 + 104) and one day buy BLP technology skill, if i wanna use maddox ( at lvl 80 pistoleer :D ) ??

so the best way is to stay in laser pistols ( like p5 + 104 or p4 + 104) and one day buy BLP technology skill, if i wanna use maddox ( at lvl 80 pistoleer :D ) ??

Well if you ever reach level 80 which i honestly doubt, since i know i never will myself you would be most likely be able to afford much better unl weapons or at least buy some much higher dmg/sec L weapons with still decent eco.

I say sell the a101 if you are no longer using it. Its like tt + 100 now.

Well if you ever reach level 80 which i honestly doubt, since i know i never will myself you would be most likely be able to afford much better unl weapons or at least buy some much higher dmg/sec L weapons with still decent eco.

yeah, indeed ur right, lvl 80 is way to far... but still, is BLP pistols a better choice than laser pistols? considering the amps and weapons the market has to offer?

for example, Svempa T5 + Beast is better than Breer P5 + A104 (since i cant afford A105 right now)

just can decide :scratch2:

yeah, indeed ur right, lvl 80 is way to far... but still, is BLP pistols a better choice than laser pistols? considering the amps and weapons the market has to offer?

for example, Svempa T5 + Beast is better than Breer P5 + A104 (since i cant afford A105 right now)

just can decide :scratch2:

Breer P5a (L)+A104 Dmg=55 Range=33.0 Attacks=52 Dmg/Sec=32.4 MU=110% Dmg/PEC=2.918

Svempa T5 (L)+Beast Dmg=60 Range=27.5 Attacks=50 Dmg/Sec=34.7 MU=125% Dmg/PEC=2.821

They are very close ,you get slightly better range/speed and better eco on the P5a atm though and combined with less dmg, which means less overkill if you aren't 100% careful with using a finisher you might save some PED with the P5a overall.

If your goal is to hunt with high dmg/sec or to pk at a medium/high level at some point certainly go for the BLP route.
Your goal should just be to use good L weapons like X1/Bl1300/XT or some of those though and certainly not Mad4.
Be warned again, that the cost for those "fun" activities is very high and if you can't afford to shell out a couple of k PED on a regular base, better stick with the eco route and laser.

Last edited:
Breer P5a (L)+A104 Dmg=55 Range=33.0 Attacks=51 Dmg/Sec=32.4 MU=110% Dmg/PEC=2.918

Svempa T5 (L)+Beast Dmg=60 Range=27.5 Attacks=50 Dmg/Sec=34.7 MU=125% Dmg/PEC=2.821

They are very close ,you get slightly better range/speed and better eco on the P5a atm though and combined with less dmg, which means less overkill if you aren't 100% careful with using a finisher you might save some PED with the P5a overall.

If your goal is to hunt with high dmg/sec or to pk at a medium/high level at some point certainly go for the BLP route.
Your goal should just be to use good L weapons like X1/Bl1300/XT or some of those though and certainly not Mad4.
Be warned again, that the cost for those "fun" activities is very high and if you can't afford to shell out a couple of k PED on a regular base, better stick with the eco route and laser.

my goal isnt getting to High DPS weapons, but stay at a ~40 damage weapon forever ( and growing skills ) . In some years, when i have some skills to brag about, will i be happy if i chose BLP or laser?

My weapon choices are :

Breer P5 + 104
Korss h400 + 104
breer P4 + 104

or blp

svempa T5 + beast

what would be the cheapest weapon to hunt with ( for a long time ) considering i kill mobs with a max of ~300 hp

PS: dont think im lazy, i already consulted entropiatools, entropedia, and many guides, but still cant chose :scratch2:

P5a it is then imo, if for some reason MA decides to make them more costly to craft and MU noticeably rises it will go up on those other weapons too.
If you happen to loot a H400 certainly use those and if you see some at high tt with low MU buy them but for higher tt of looted weapons you pay a premium and that can have serious impact on your eco.
P4 is too low dmg/sec with P5a/H400 you can take on at least some of the high regen mobs if you want to now and then and have an overall much wider range of mobs you can kill.

Judging by your forum data you've been playing about the same length of time as me, a little over 3 years.

I'm now Level 57 BLP Pistoleer (my main weapon) and expect to be able to use the Maddox IV effectively somewhere near the end of 2011, so let's call it 5 years total for simplicity's sake.

After 3 years you are Level 21 laser and presumably quite a bit less on BLP. Compared to me, let's say you've made about a quarter of the progress that I have in the same timeframe (which is probably a little bit generous if anything).

So my 5 years will be 20 years for you, and you can expect to be able to use the Maddox effectively in around 2026, 17 years away.

Up to you :)

eco and laser it is then :D

thanks guys

"What should you do with your amps?"

Easy

Crank them up to 11 !!!! :headbang:

just dont do it

if u do u ll kill all your peds

:handgun: PEDS

Back