Return to Serenity
The Legacy
Trail of Tears
Into the pit
Alone in the dark

the list can go on forever ;)

Testament RULES!

Aaarghh :banghead:
Cant believe I missed one of the absolute favorites. Rep for u for reminding me of Alex Skolnick! A great guitar wizard

Nice thread :)

James' solo in Nothing Else Matters and Kirk playing in The Unforgiven, I've always liked those.

Jon Hudson in Faith No More's Ashes to Ashes - short but sweet.

Slash playing out Paradise City makes the hairs stand on the back of my neck everytime, what a rush!

Dimebag (R.I.P.) soloing in New Level. Watch it go!

;)

hmmm... my, my, do we have a problem with acoustic guitars? ;)
im not too into rock and heavy metal, although i do listen to a bit of pink floyd, mettallica, etc, just not enough to know any songs as such....
so theres a great acoustic solo, "hurt" by johnny cash... written, i think, by nine-inch-nails' trent reznor... but its better when cash does it :D
sorry, i had to include him... i think cash is one of the all-time greatest american musicians, and that, by default, makes him one of the best guitarists :D

Zasz said:
so theres a great acoustic solo, "hurt" by johnny cash... written, i think, by nine-inch-nails' trent reznor... but its better when cash does it :D
sorry, i had to include him... i think cash is one of the all-time greatest american musicians, and that, by default, makes him one of the best guitarists :D

I like Cash's cover of Hurt.... but his real shining moment covering a rock song is when he does Soundgarten's "Rusty Cage" :headbang:

Ah - nothing quite like the Man in Black I reckon :cowboy:

Back