Has anyone seen "Darkness"?

DevAng

Alpha
Society
Freelancer to the end ;)
Sinful DevAng Angel
It's a horror film featuring Ana Paquim (or whatever her name is).

It's a pretty regular horror movie , they move into a haunted house ,etc , bla bla bla...

Excepted towards the end I could swear that in a scene they play about 3 or 4 times exactly the same sound that a Berycled does LOL

Is Hollywood stealing sound efect from PE now? Or is this merely a sign that I have been playing PE for too long? :hammer:

Anybody else seen the movie and noticed it? :kos:

Its probably the other way around,just look at all the emotes ripped from The Sims ;)

Game developers and film makers often use sound effects from the same archives, so noone is ripping off someone else. :)

I have a sound when I get an E-mail that is very similar to the sounds when swimming in PE. I have more than once Alt+tabbed out of PE to check my empty inbox... :)

Last edited:
Hmmm , now that I thought more about it , it wasn't a bery, it was another animal , dont really remember witch , I'll remember it when I hear the sound again.

But that sounds if it wasn't really the same was at least very very similar.

I think I prefer to think that it's hollywood that takes their ideas from PE ;) lol

Jeps, seen it :) Have it on DvD too. I like that film, scctually, and I usually dont like, as you state "usual horrorfilms" ;)

havent noticed the berycled sound tho. Might have to check that out o_O

Skam said:
Jeps, seen it :) Have it on DvD too. I like that film, scctually, and I usually dont like, as you state "usual horrorfilms" ;)

havent noticed the berycled sound tho. Might have to check that out o_O

Cool :D Then please sort this out for me/us and clear all doubts eheh :) I don't remember the exact time but it's towards the end when they are inside the house and it's kind of the climax of it all.

btw , I've seen much better horror films , but then again I'm not that much of a fan of that kind of movies :)

Edit: and liek I said, I don't think it's a bery , at the time I couldn't relate the sound with the mob , I just knew it was from one of them. I think it might be snable...

or was it an daikiba? or an sabokuma?

and the list goes on........................

na j/k

Pretender said:
or was it an daikiba? or an sabokuma?

and the list goes on........................

na j/k

LOL. Guess what? :p It's from a Daikiba!

I knew it was from some low-end mob. This night I was out hunting (should have stayed with trading) and when I killed a daikiba I remembered ;)

Sorry about the bery-snable etc false alarms lol

Can someone pls tell me if I'm getting too obcessed with PE or is it really the same sound?

I haven't heard it but I'm pretty sure it's the same sound. I've heard sounds from many games in movies (there's a very popular sound used in explosions that also is in quake, for example). As I said, movie makers and game makers use the same sound libraries.

You're not paranoid. :)

Good to know that :tongue2: eheh

Back