Version Update 10.0 Announcement

No ETA on taming yet. We are discussing whether to convert the V9.4 version or adding new functions. The later will require more time. The same goes for other pieces of content not mentioned. They are not forgotten and will come, but we haven't allocated in with future VU yet.

Thanks for your reply. Please don't convert the current version, the taming community is patient, just develop the full functionality and add later, it will be much better that way. Glad to see Taming has not been forgotten and is in the plans...somewhere:)

Err, nope, it's cheaper to support 1000 customers if the revenue is the same. Sorry I couldn't resist biting at this one.

TY Marco
I'm off to buy 1000 cans of stay awake drink woooo, hoooo I want itemz ...
PC already good to go, must upgrade the missus GFX card this weekend.

I strongly recommend that no one goes out and buys a PC until thy have tried running this update and you can learn from other peoples experience.

Arto :wtg:

Wrong is cheaper to support but how many you will keep?;)

Any business is long term plan including games you don’t want your customers to sell out every year is bad publicity so is bad for business!:cool:

No ETA on taming yet. We are discussing whether to convert the V9.4 version or adding new functions. The later will require more time. The same goes for other pieces of content not mentioned. They are not forgotten and will come, but we haven't allocated in with future VU yet.

Marco, I don't see sweat in your list of features implemented at release. Does it mean that sweat will also be "not available". How will ME work then :scratch2:?

Soooo that was major bummer...
Here i was hoping that by 1900 Hours today i would
be playing EU in a new skin...But noooohoooo....

:yay:

But on next Tuesday i will :laugh:

BTW @Marco:
Will it be possible to use the same patch for diffrent accounts?
Me and my wife play this game and we do so on 2 seperate PC´s.
If i download the patch via BT, will she be able to patch hers aswell
with tha same file?...OOOOOR do we need to download 2 seperate files?

Valid question huuu..

QUESTION:

If we choose to recreate our avatar. will we also be able to change gender? :yay:

That was already answered...too lazy to read but enough time to ask?

Answer is no.

Miam-miam .. day&night cycles :)

And, almost forgot, bank loans in case there is people who aren't on today, who planned to pay back the loans next weekend.

Well guys is quite simple if the shoot down server no power = no auction.:scratch2:

“Second Golden Age of Calypso”
First Planet Company’s “Second Golden Age of Calypso” promotion period...
The official begin-date will be announced on the Planet Calypso website.
An enlarged....

Thanks for the information, great news. ;)

I understand that the second golden age will not start with the launch of VU.10,
but on a later date ?

Can't wait to try the new engine. :D

Dear Marco,

Help us to wait ! u have tested the new system, u know how it will look like, and u got a feeling of the new gameplay.
So, so u think it was worth 2 years work, and do u feel its kick ass as we all expect it to be?

More than the graphical improvment, will we still have what make entropia so fun to us? avatar movment, interaction etc..

Last question:

Why is there separate VU for so little things like fruit and all?

What's the recommended OS for VU 10.0?

Great news, and my vacations is over then, work starts again monday morning, so have no time to play for 10 hours a day anyway, keep it going :yay:

Hmm, belive this 10 hours a day will feel like 20 hours :(

Rapido

I also hope these 1000 items do not go to the same person continually.

Annoying when we go looking for stuff, and 1 or 100 people keep looting them.

1 item per person Marco, make it fair.

Farewell old scenery... :( Lots of wonderful memories. :)

And lots of new ones to come! ;)

***Gets out dusty hiking stick

OMG OMG OMG :yay::yay::yay: atlast thank you MA:yay::yay::yay:

:yay: too bad Im broke...

You wait soo long for something like this and when it comes out you don't quite know what to say... Oh yeah I remember now... This is gunna be sweet!!!! :yay:

Question 1: Does this mean that third person view will not be available until 10.2?

Question 2: The avatar creation system was not improved? Reading the text I got the impression that we will use the same old system, although much was made of a new improved one to be implemented in VU10...

1 - Third person view is mostly available. =) There are some things lacking in 10.0 which will be added in 10.2.

2 - Correct. A full overhaul of the avatar system is expected later, not until 2010 at the earliest. But the current avatar system looks better with the CryENGINE2 technology than in VU9.4.

:yay::yay::yay:

WOOOO HOOOOOO

Looks like we are going to have to hoof it to get from place to place tho lol

but this is exciting news \o/

Desire xx

Hurrah!

Marco, will we have to find all the teleports again or will they still be on the map (even if the teleporters themselves cant be used) ?

There are some changes to this. More info in the upcoming FAQ.

And, almost forgot, bank loans in case there is people who aren't on today, who planned to pay back the loans next weekend.

Bank loans get extended time in order to not create any transitional problems.

1 - Third person view is mostly available. =) There are some things lacking in 10.0 which will be added in 10.2.

2 - Correct. A full overhaul of the avatar system is expected later, not until 2010 at the earliest. But the current avatar system looks better with the CryENGINE2 technology than in VU9.4.

Good to know. Now that all this is out of the way, it's time for you guys to let us see what you are capable of. Looking forward to it...

The dam has been broken.

It's here!!!
It's finally here!!!!

Where's the beer? :D

one question

have you put a stage for us DJ's at Atlas Haven ;)

and a nice bigh dancefloor ;)

Desire xx

Thanks for the date Marco, best of luck with the process (and hopefully old servers go off but new ones already loaded so no two week wait to get in the new client ;)). As someone else said, farewell old scenery, lots of good memories, and now hopefully lots of new ones :)

Version Update 10.0 will begin with the most widely used systems: Hunting, Mining, Crafting, PvP Trade, Auction, CND Asteroid, Banks, Estates, Shops, Land Areas, PvP Combat, Society, Friends List, Ad System, Participant Content, Terminals, Items, Garment Customization, Inventory, Storage, Hall of Fame, Teleport, Chat, Keyboard Mapping, Dashboard, Map, GUI and Gifts.

A detailed Version Update 10 Content List will be available when the new environment is available for login.
The following updates will quickly follow the Version 10 Release:

Version Update 10.1 will see Land Area Management, MindForce Teleportation, Apartments, Televators and Fruit, Dung & Stones.

I assume 10.1 will be issued within less than a week after 10.0 reading this? Just curious what it means that Shops are in 10.0 but apartments are in 10.1. I have a booth in an apartment basement and a couple of shopkeepers in an apartment one floor up from there... Will I be able to get to those in 10.0 or 10.1? How long will it be after Monday before 10.1 is up and running?

Back