Post Your Pre-VU.10 Pictures Here!

Nayera Tharan

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Nayera Naya Tharan
So now we've all heard the big news, I think it's time to reflect on what was while we still can :)

(PS. Thanks GeorgeSkyWalker for the suggestion to make a thread on this)

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted a similar thread yet... but here's one anyway.

I'm off to all the museums and castles and natural wonders out there to get some pictures.... whether they change massively or not at all isn't the point...

While we're waiting for VU.10.1 , .2, etc... it'd be good going back to those places after the launch... you know, to compare... hopefully by the time all that's done everything else should be in running order and no one needs to complain about getting bored ;-)

In the mean time, let's see what everyone else has! And as I go through all the places I know I'll miss, I will also post pictures.

Happy snapping ;-)
~Nayera

Last edited:
Just to start us off

While she's nothing to boast about, I'll be one of the ones going for a new look to match the new update ;-)

So, while I am quite proud of how pretty Nayera is :p Here are some of the last opportunities I have to see her

I tried putting up a few more but they're either invalid or too big... I shall see what I can do tomorrow, but now it's nearly four am... and while I'm still so excited that I doubt I'll sleep, one must try ;-)

~Naya

Last edited:
Definatly my Pic Pre-VU 10 would be:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

screenshot_20090810212433218.jpg

Definatly my Pic Pre-VU 10 would be:

I notice one of those lovely spiders in the background... and all I can say is I admire you for being able to get that close to it!

The only time I ever seen one is when I have the skull over my head and the monsters right on top of me >.<

Last edited:
definitely going to post some ava pics when i get home from work

Come to think of it... in the next couple of days... once we get a nice collection of pics going, I might set up a poll with some of the hot favourites, and get the community to vote on their favourites... winner scores 500EFD.

This of course depends on the response I get on this thread, so let's get the pictures rolling! Don't forget guys anything goes... from the scenery to the avatars to the creatures! Even some buildings (no doubt they'll be looking different).

Let the creativity flow ;-)

I have started to make some movies from some of the cities a while ago and was waiting for CE2 to post them, but because it is here next week and you made this thread I might as well post them now.

It are movies without sound and just the pictures, so you won't get distracted by the music

I was planning to do some movies about the other cities to, but it seems I need to hurry them up now :)

The other movies will be posted here soon.

Ithaca
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzB8fDwsRkE[/YOUTUBE]

Fort Troy
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Rw5ssszNM[/YOUTUBE]

Atlas Haven
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDqzT3nnro[/YOUTUBE]

Port Atlantis
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOCYl_AlO7Q[/YOUTUBE]

New Oxford
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARYiZgGepto[/YOUTUBE]

Some nice pics and vids here! I myself decided to screenshot a bunch of special places just to reminisce. Can't upload them now, my internet is terrible ;)

Well, I guess the avatar looks from current VU will pretty much be the same in 10.0 so I dug up a bit for pics from the past.
Compiled my favourites, in no particular order :)

Wow... Things do really change..

Way back when I first started in EU, I had the mohawk look.

mohawk.jpg

Sorry, I didn't think to take a screenie of the front of the avatar back then, lol.

When we got our first free avatar change, I changed that majorly...

obug3.jpg

Of course, a good while, my poor avatar had her head stuck in that blasted pumpkin...

pied-piper2.jpg

hi.jpg

I have not taken a pic lately since I got the flower girl look, but will post it sometime in the near future here (thanks the the haircut Bryon from Zoku), but will post it later.
----edit----
here's the flowergirl pics. Enjoy the peep show.

8.12.09.2.flowergirl.jpg

8.12.09-flowergirl.jpg

and here's the post-vu10 pics!

upload-maria-behind_378308.jpg

upload-maria-upclose1.jpg

and since I did a little peep show pre-ce2, I guess I better do one post-ce2 to. Enjoy! :)

upload-maria-nude1_352068.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly I don't have many screenshots of my old-school, pre first graphics update avatar, but from what I remember he was skinny, tall, and had long, greasy white hair.

This one is very little after the first graphics update, before they offered the free changes. Long hair, but not white anymore. :(

This is after the Halloween gifts, when I got my distinctive look with the horns and bat wings. :D

And...

This is one of my last pics with my "human" face

These are the ones I took today at Zychion Citadel, and from all the ones I took my favorites. :)

My main concern is my unique fox mask made by Jewels, hopefully it won't get too messed up. :(

Allo all :) here is some pics

Great idea.

Here we go :wtg:

Me in my Phantom Armor :wtg:

Me in my Vigilante Armor (Bought from sweating) :wtg:

My Marber :yay:

In OJs :yay:

Nakkid :laugh:

With a Isis HL11 (L) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Love the Poll idea !

Great you noticed the Araneatrox, it's not Photoshopped...
When you run from the Oil Rig Where's the pictures of the rig anyway? you come across a Spider nest, if you manage to get close enough to the top of the hill you'll see a Araneatrox, it will not notice you but it makes beautiful backgrounds! Still use it today... :D

And some more video's to:

Hadesheim
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIi4wco8OY[/YOUTUBE]

Fort Argus
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52MDbETS_9c[/YOUTUBE]

This is me at Twins. Or rather above it...

The underwater forest and stupid jump animation:

I don´t have any good pic of me but my girl have, I post them then:)

No more Version 9.4! they dont call it CryENGINE for nothing!
14716-eug-crys-snakes.jpg

ehhh, lets welcome the VU.10 :yay:

14717-eug-n-snakes.jpg

message for the newbies: there are no snakes like those in EU, just bigger and bader monsters don't worry:silly2:

Last edited:
here is me the only one i could find that suits in here :rolleyes:

I might as well include pre VU9 Pics for extra comparison;

As the olde world is about to end, I did a ceremonial journey to the northern border of the world, as I think the view from there will be most spectacular as the titan rearrange the world of old, the path there also included some of the most spectacular scenery available on calypso, so capturing it pre-VU10 felt important.

Here's the gallery with captures from that journey, including some pics of my apartment;

Overlooking the edge of the word, awaiting the end of the world as we know it

Last edited:
Here are a few recent pics of my Ava. Just click to see the larger image, don't want to distort the forum :)

If there is a running contest I would like to submit my ava :D

Kiri + MindStar9 on the Pier

Makeup Mask that was created for me by Butch Carisbrook :cool: Thanks man!! You're Awesome!!

I think I made a badass ava :pimp:

Back