VU10 Torrent Status Report

well it is THE worst client you can have, and it's not you it slows down, it slows down the swarm due to it injecting some garbage into the swarm (not anything harmfull though) but it makes the rest of the swarm have to ignore that garbage resulting in a slower download for the rest. And as i said any torrentsite worth it's name has that client banned.

so your saying that piratebay, eztv.it, torrentleech and tvtorrents are not good torrentsites?

cuz i'm using all of them for a long time and never had any trouble with banned client

PERCEN!??

Damn my torrent client tells me I have 1y 15w to wait....

Hopefuly that will change during the evening.

use bittorrent.. and refresh your modem..shut it down! shut down PC, wait 30 seconds at least.. switch on modem.. wait 2 minutes.. then boot pc..resume download, also.. if using bittorent.. ensure you set it to use high bandwidth.. right click the file!

.. can sometimes help to restrict upload speed

7.9KBPS and going strong!

My doanload gets capped in 'popular' hours :mad:

I'm downloading at about 460Kbit now and seeding at about 30Kbit.

Downloaded 11% uploaded ~30MB.

Using µtorrent 1.8.3

hmm almost 300 seeders but only downloading from 15 people .... this is bad

PERCEN!??

Damn my torrent client tells me I have 1y 15w to wait....

Hopefuly that will change during the evening.

No Second Golden Age for you :D

so your saying that piratebay, eztv.it, torrentleech and tvtorrents are not good torrentsites?

cuz i'm using all of them for a long time and never had any trouble with banned client

yep, or rather i'm not really calling them torrentsites.. they are pure crap as you mostly have garbage on them. What i mean with a torrentsite is a private site where ppl know what they are uploading and downloading and that doesnt really have that many leechers. That's what i call a torrentsite worth it's name. you could call it the "scene" for torrents i guess.

ok as guys from my country are getting the torrents started up, speed raised to 8.9 mb/s and increasing :yay::yay::yay:

edit: and down to 300kb/s :D

seeding at 7.8mb/sec

yep, or rather i'm not really calling them torrentsites.. they are pure crap as you mostly have garbage on them. What i mean with a torrentsite is a private site where ppl know what they are uploading and downloading and that doesnt really have that many leechers. That's what i call a torrentsite worth it's name. you could call it the "scene" for torrents i guess.

tvtorrents and torrentleech is private sites with good ratio.
but please, enlighten me with "torrentsites worth the name"

bittorrent! not a site but a torrent downloader... avoid shit like limewire etc... bittorent is just a download client//not a site that links to others

uninstall all torrent programs... download bittorent.... install.. goto EU website and get the vu update.. bittorent will automaticly open and download it

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam, Ill have to wait till i get home to start dling it. Ill probably get it done by tomorrow morning. Then I will seed.

First experience using torrents! Would have thought it would have been really complicated to understand, but it's downloading!

I am crying

2 people done and my dl is only at 6.5% :eek:

torrentbytes.net is one of the best, then you have hd-bits etc etc

You are seeding at 7.8mb/s? What connection do you have?

Are you the guy on studentnatet?

yep 100mbit line and yes that would be me :D

also

UPDATED TORRENT!!
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5053378

added additional trackers to it only :) Still exactly the same original files.

be carefull using pirate bay... the owners have been jailed recently

Owners jailed and the site sold to a company that wants to make it legit as well.

Anyways, Im getting a not bad speed ...

I max out at 2.33MBsish.

UPDATED TORRENT!!
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5053378

added additional trackers to it only :) Still exactly the same original files.

Maybe want to add to the text that it wont be usable until Monday 14th etc. etc. For anyone that just 'happens' across it.

Though I am kinda against using all outside sources anyways just in case someone has the firepower to upload a hacked version of the client. Using a botnet you could mimick the users and have the speed to upload a hacked version.

read reply below
Owners jailed and the site sold to a company that wants to make it legit as well.
Wrong info.. They are NOT jailed, they are found guilty of having commited help to commit bla bla something which is the most retarded sentence ever made in this country, and they have appealed it so no ruling on it complete yet.

Site is to be sold yes. However it's still a decent public tracker.

Maybe want to add to the text that it wont be usable until Monday 14th etc. etc. For anyone that just 'happens' across it.

Though I am kinda against using all outside sources anyways just in case someone has the firepower to upload a hacked version of the client. Using a botnet you could mimick the users and have the speed to upload a hacked version.

No they cant as the torrentprog wouldnt let them seed it, and also the hash would be wrong.

First experience using torrents! Would have thought it would have been really complicated to understand, but it's downloading!

Same here Hoot... suprisingly simple indeed. And have not seen you in a while ;)

2.5% down, 5.75 hours to go. Gotta love metro ethernet. :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I don't Torrent much, so I really have no idea what all this means, but I'm uploading more than I'm downloading, and showing 0 next to seeds. Does this mean I'm being a good person with my crappy connection? :D

EDIT: Okay, I'm past the 1 day mark, what am I doing wrong? I'll go look at some of the guides posted here...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I don't Torrent much, so I really have no idea what all this means, but I'm uploading more than I'm downloading, and showing 0 next to seeds. Does this mean I'm being a good person with my crappy connection? :D

EDIT: Okay, I'm past the 1 day mark, what am I doing wrong? I'll go look at some of the guides posted here...

*edit* ok u were not done lol :p just keep downloading but ur doign good :D

Back