VU10 Torrent Status Report

This will take forever to download...

vu10_torrent_download_ohdotone.jpg

thanks Marco :)

here i come! 2d7h 15kb/s

something can't be right there lol but hey... i think its cos i need static ip :( not to worry though we have time :yay:

Anybody from the UK using BitTorrent?

I can see a few peers on my list from the UK, mostly from BlueYonder, any British Telecom users out there? If so please let me know your DL speed :)

I can see a few peers on my list from the UK, mostly from BlueYonder, any British Telecom users out there? If so please let me know your DL speed :)

im using utorrent seems to be work alright its speeding up abit now even with my slow BB lol

In the peer list I saw at least three 100% entries, but now only one,... does this mean these other 2 ppl stopped seeding? That would be such a shame...

Im on Virgin media 50mb connection,

But Virgin media Cap Bit Torrent downloads..

The harsh sods..

Sap.

read reply below

Wrong info.. They are NOT jailed, they are found guilty of having commited help to commit bla bla something which is the most retarded sentence ever made in this country, and they have appealed it so no ruling on it complete yet.

Site is to be sold yes. However it's still a decent public tracker.

No they cant as the torrentprog wouldnt let them seed it, and also the hash would be wrong.

Found guilty, I thought they had been convicted.

Yes the hash would be wrong, but how many are going to check that? But you could upload a totally different tracker and use a botnet to upload a totally different or modified file. How do you think you get fake files with the exact same details as genuine ones and they start with 2k seeds, plus upload very fast?

Anyways since pb's change of ownership isohunt is not bad.

With my current dl speed, I can start seeding on full (42kB/s fapping Adsl upload speed) in 1-1.5hrs

Many out there with more down than up, be more generous with your connections!

In the peer list I saw at least three 100% entries, but now only one,... does this mean these other 2 ppl stopped seeding? That would be such a shame...

for what is worth, it happened the same to me (using utorrent), so i went to preferences -> bandwith, and changed the number of connections to:

- global maximum number of connections: 1000 (was at 200 or so)
- maximum numbers of connected peers per torrent: 1000 (was at 50, mabye?)

my download speed went from 25 to 300 Kbps.

i'm a complete torrent noob, so i don't know really why is that, or why the original settings (default) were so low.

is 9.4 still up and play able right now? sorry for off topic

Im on Virgin media 50mb connection,

But Virgin media Cap Bit Torrent downloads..

The harsh sods..

Sap.

I maxed out at 2.33 on a 20 meg VM connection when I downloaded.

Maybe you want to use my NAS/torrent/webserver tut :D

I noticed that uTorrent etc on Windows sucks, but my server maxes out.

is 9.4 still up and play able right now? sorry for off topic

why not?
according to marco, it will go down on sunday midnight.

I maxed out at 2.33 on a 20 meg VM connection when I downloaded.

Maybe you want to use my NAS/torrent/webserver tut :D

I noticed that uTorrent etc on Windows sucks, but my server maxes out.

Tell me moar sir :D

Sap.

As someone mentioned earlier raise global maximum number of connections to 1000 and maximum numbers of connected peers per torrent to 1000 as well

i see there's somone with the ip " tarran.pilsfree.net" looks liek they are going down 1mb/s but have ul caped at 0.5 kb
sounds like "pilsfree.net" is a proxi aswell ....

edit :

that's virgin media users that have blueyonder ips. dont expect massive upload speeds from them as virgin cap us on your torrenting as part of their " fair usage policy"

still 120 up / 130 down aint bad i guess

Last edited:
I am so going to screenshot my speed graph to show how British Telecom traffic shape :laugh:

:yay::D:yay::D:yay::D:yay::D:yay::D:yay::D
Seeding SooN

for what is worth, it happened the same to me (using utorrent), so i went to preferences -> bandwith, and changed the number of connections to:

- global maximum number of connections: 1000 (was at 200 or so)
- maximum numbers of connected peers per torrent: 1000 (was at 50, mabye?)

my download speed went from 25 to 300 Kbps.

i'm a complete torrent noob, so i don't know really why is that, or why the original settings (default) were so low.

Thanks for the tip: I use BitTorrent, but it has the same default options you mention, and I changed both to 1000.

Figured I would start a thread so people can post the status of their VU10 download.

PM me when you hit 25%,50%,75% and 100% complete and seeding :yay:
I will add your names to the post lists for each % marker.

1000 efd to the person who posts screenie of the VU10 completed in their torrent window. :yay::eek: If you feel the need to use photoshop for it, please include a disclaimer in your post. :laugh:

Let people upload on monday night a picture with how much they uploaded in GB instead ;)

95% 2 min left

25% down,
Ratio is 1.51
Time to complete is about 90 minutes.

I'm getting a nice transfer speed from someone on customers.ownit.se (fluctuating between 300 and 600 kB/s)... thanks! :yay:

Ohhh for the love of lootious...
Give us Rats some SEEEEEEED :wtg:

My down speed just sarted juming wildly. Also, if you haven't, go into preferences>bandwidth and set the "max upload" to "0". This will put it to unlimited, mine had somehow gotten itself set to 3 kb/s :laugh:

When your changing the amount of connections its probably best to increase by 100 at a time. Too many and your connection gets saturated with them.

A good example is that I get best speed using about 450 global on XP, when I start pumping it up the connection starts to go slower. My server is set to 200 per torrent and 250 max globally.

I know people that have them at 1k+ as well and its better for them.

Azureus and utorrent are THE main programs used...:yay:

100% Done

Just noticed that utorrent 1.8.3 will AUTOMATICLY limit upload to 4kb/s when a torrent is complete.

One has to manually allocate unlimited broadband!!

35% now, and it lookes like I've uploaded 0.5GB to others :) So all in all looks nice bboth for me and you.

Back