VU10 Torrent Status Report

I'm getting a nice transfer speed from someone on customers.ownit.se (fluctuating between 300 and 600 kB/s)... thanks! :yay:

I'm also getting someone on a .se giving me a huge boost, now at over 400 kB/s. Make sure everyone sets their global maximum number of peers and connections (both in preferences>bandwidth) to about 2000, crank it up as more people come in. I think that is what gave me the giant boost :scratch2:

just started on about 10megs down and about 10megs up ... :scratch2: guess ill have a good share ratio.:cool:

we need a huge clock, count down to VU. 10 :yay:

ETA - 14 hours Ratio 1.413 :)

heres to 10, heres to making history

thanks Marco :)

here i come! 2d7h 15kb/s

something can't be right there lol but hey... i think its cos i need static ip :( not to worry though we have time :yay:

it's not due to static ip.

for what is worth, it happened the same to me (using utorrent), so i went to preferences -> bandwith, and changed the number of connections to:

- global maximum number of connections: 1000 (was at 200 or so)
- maximum numbers of connected peers per torrent: 1000 (was at 50, mabye?)

my download speed went from 25 to 300 Kbps.

i'm a complete torrent noob, so i don't know really why is that, or why the original settings (default) were so low.

dont up it to much as that can actually slow you down. add 100 at a time and see what happends.

When your changing the amount of connections its probably best to increase by 100 at a time. Too many and your connection gets saturated with them.

A good example is that I get best speed using about 450 global on XP, when I start pumping it up the connection starts to go slower. My server is set to 200 per torrent and 250 max globally.

I know people that have them at 1k+ as well and its better for them.

as i wrote above, good advise to increase by 100 only in each step.

Azureus and utorrent are THE main programs used...:yay:

well actually Utorrent is the main program as it has like 80% of the market :p

100% Done

Just noticed that utorrent 1.8.3 will AUTOMATICLY limit upload to 4kb/s when a torrent is complete.

One has to manually allocate unlimited broadband!!

that depends on your settings.

I'm also getting someone on a .se giving me a huge boost, now at over 400 kB/s. Make sure everyone sets their global maximum number of peers and connections (both in preferences>bandwidth) to about 2000, crank it up as more people come in. I think that is what gave me the giant boost :scratch2:

read above, your most likely overdoing it.. unless you got one kickass mother of god computer and connection :p

1000 on global connections is not that demanding Legion nowadays :)

Downloading at 400 kb/s now.
I will be seeding the torrent for the entire weekend at 4 mbit up which is my max.

First percent reached after 42 minutes of downloading :yay: 16kB/s crappy conection :(

Downloading... Decent Speeds 105 kb/s down 140 kb/s up I think I am on a 10/3mbit not sure.... will leave it up and open all weekend once it downloads

Getting excited... Think I need to buy some new stuff over the weekend so I am ready to go for the release

At 50% after 80 minutes of downloading. Please keep seeding after you reach 100%...

55% down
ratio 1.52
716B up, currently about 585wn.
Estimated finish, 75 minutes

got it in just under 30 mins @ 5.2mbps

Anybody from the UK using BitTorrent?

I can see a few peers on my list from the UK, mostly from BlueYonder, any British Telecom users out there? If so please let me know your DL speed :)

I'm on a BT line using uTorrent, and my download sucks, I'm on only 0.3% downloaded after well over 2 hours.

With torrents I usually find I get a much better speed late at night, so hopefully around midnight UK time it'll start to go much quicker.

1MB/sec both ways , 90% done ^^

ok i've gone from 600kbs to 20kbs...30% downloaded... i'm not laughing i can tells ya :)

only 1.98 avaiable on bitTorrent .. need more seeds!

what's with all the leechs...

getting 400kbs dl 4.4mbs up

Give me your bandwidth!

what's with all the leechs...

getting 400kbs dl 4.4mbs up

Give me your bandwidth!

Problem is many, as i, have ADSL with an upload speed that is much worse than the download speed. :p

Its important that ppl leave their file in place, once its downloaded (seeding). Your not going to need it until monday at earliest....and this will help other people complete their download;)

I'm on a BT line using uTorrent, and my download sucks, I'm on only 0.3% downloaded after well over 2 hours.

With torrents I usually find I get a much better speed late at night, so hopefully around midnight UK time it'll start to go much quicker.

Im 0.6% after 2.5 hours, using British Telecom and uTorrent. Goto your speed tab in the bottom window and select "5 min" and just before you go to bed take a screen, and if you leave the pc on all night take another screen when you wake up.

Would be good to see if our speed profiles match.

Problem is, BT cap torrents to extreme levels but its also capped for other applications. EU during evening hours is sometimes unplayable due to the lag. Even web browsing times out alot.

I just started the BT download and I see 2 seeds and 3 peers only now.

Is that all of you????

I just started the BT download and I see 2 seeds and 3 peers only now.

Is that all of you????

97 seeds and 1334 peers on my screen.

Give it some time to collect info :)

13 seeds 150 peers = epic fail ala MA once again....................... jeeeeeezz
as good as the loot:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Complete in 2 hours , ratio 1.600 :)
Will keep seeding at 1MB/sec , thanks to all :yay:

Done, and will be seeding all weekend.

13 seeds 150 peers = epic fail ala MA once again....................... jeeeeeezz
as good as the loot:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Its not MA fail..... its actually YOUR fail for either not setting up your Bit Tottent client properly or your chosen ISP blocking connections.

Lol, it's not MA's fault.
Give it some time, there is like 100 seeds if you wait for a while and there will be alot more in a day or so.

Back