Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

ok:

Does anyone encounter the error where the installer just seems to be stuck in a loop? If so, HELP ME!

Any help and tips appreciated :)

stuck? or just slow? It took me 40 mins to install it, and my PC isnt extremely slow!

Yep I too had the config error,

Installing the vc++ 2005 sp1 redist solved the problem for me as well

Thanks for your help.

Had to instal the vcredist_x86.exe to solve the problem. Thx alot :)

+ rep forputting on one place but would have been better maybe to just update your origional post in other thread.

That said...
For XP users - I posted in other thread - Updating everything did NOT work for me. (If you do the updates you'll see that the C++ file they are talking about is there though and you can just install that but uninstall from PC first!.)

My suggestion -
DO THIS FIRST! - Uninstall all instances of C++ ( do in the uninstall programs section, yes it's there)
Install EU - you'll get an error that the vital C++ files are not there but then they give option to install. Let it do it's thing and install them and continue with EU installation.

Launch EU - I got another error, clicked ok I think and EU loaded anyway. It works fine and no errors at all.

I did all the updates and still don't work for me.

Legion, could you stress in step 4 that the x86.exe is needed, even if on a WinXP 64bit OS? People seem to make this error over and over again.

oki fixing

Downloaded and clear to go. Did all windows updates in vista and after downloading vcredist_x86.exe everything was fine :yay:

Zeven

thank you very much now the clientloader works! +rep

Thanks for a great post.
Clear, short and 100% on the spot.

Ma should have had but .... *sigh*

+rep

VU10 client downloaded, installed and ready to go!!!!
:D
Had a "Side by side error" but managed to resove it thnx to info published in this tread!!!

it really helps!

I have a problem on XP64 SP2. As soon as i launch the ClientLoader, i get the message :
"This aplication could not start because the configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application could solve the problem." (translated from a french message)
When developping at work, i usually get that message when i deploy a new program on a computer that has not the Visual C++ runtime DLLs. But i don't think it's the case, since i have VisualC++ 2005 on this computer, and i even downloader the runtime DLLs of Visual C++ 2008 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en)
Any ideas?

That's the first error (have you even read the opening post)?

Download C++ 2005 SP1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

it really helps!

download torrent :)
install vu10 :yay:
run game :mad:
check forum :scratch2:
read this post :wtg:

it works! but not thanks to MA.

Amazing isn't it, how Calypso society enters yet another era with only their own invented workarounds for buggy environments.

I say gratz to us! :yay: and the OP the very most.

We'll survive!

Errors with Direct X

Hello Legion!
Everytime I atempt to run the installer, it immediately shows this error window:

picture.php

then i I try to install the web setup and it comes with this error:

picture.php

translated:

Internal error.
See DXError.log and DirectX.log in windows folder to identify the problem.

I followed the steps you posted about changing the version of direct x, but the ver number was already the same, and still wont install the web setup.

PLEASE HELP! :confused:

I'm running Windows vista SP1 with all the updates installed except SP2 wich i don't think is needed.
If you need more information please tell me what do you need. Thanks!:)

Hello Legion!
Internal error.
See DXError.log and DirectX.log in windows folder to identify the problem.

I followed the steps you posted about changing the version of direct x, but the ver number was already the same, and still wont install the web setup.

PLEASE HELP! :confused:

I'm running Windows vista SP1 with all the updates installed except SP2 wich i don't think is needed.
If you need more information please tell me what do you need. Thanks!:)

Try this Dx update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c3-4676-481a-bfaa-5c15d1d7199d&displaylang=en

as stated in this thread.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/159474-directx-9c-vu-10-a.html

What does those log files say?

Last edited:
Wow, the "4) download and install the vcredist_x86.exe on that page, EVEN if your on a 64bit os! it's the x86 you need." did the trick for me! I've decided to run it on XP to get a little FPS boost.
Thanks so much! :yay:

I dont get it. I have followed the instructions given and uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and still no luck.

Look at this

For some reason I cant update anything. Keeps giving me an Error Code: 80070424

Any ideas ?

Thanks Legion you saved me a few hours i bet, i follwed the instructions, and it worked :)

To those whom had encountered this error too.

(I read someone's instruction on EF, did it and it works.....but there's sorta some "side-effects")

1) Go to "Control Panels", "Add and Remove Programs"
2) Look for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.xxxxx.x" and uninstall them
3) Uninstall Entropia Universe Client
4) Reboot (Now that I think about it....maybe if you don't do this reboot, then the sideeffects will not occurr.)
5) Reinstall the Client and some "error" (Something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ files missing or something) will popup where there's an option given to reinstall it......do it and the client will start installing.

After all that, your client should run fine and will be able to go to login screen.

BUT there's some side-effects:
Go do a check on all of your other programs and see if they would run properly. For example, I'm using "Avira Antivir"........and it no longer runs....had to reinstall it to fix it.

Did a check for most of my other applications....seems to run okay but for "Nero Startsmart" I had an "Unable to create XML Parser Instance. Please reinstall .........."

Not sure if any other applications are affected though.

Hope it helps :laugh:

DO THIS ONLY IF YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF OPTIONS for the abovementioned problem since I've no idea what other problems might popup. (Hope there's none)

I'll update any other errors I find after doing this method once I find anything else wrong with my comp.

Last edited:
To those whom had encountered this error too.

(I read someone's instruction on EF, did it and it works.....but there's sorta some "side-effects")

1) Go to "Control Panels", "Add and Remove Programs"
2) Look for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.xxxxx.x" and uninstall them
3) Uninstall Entropia Universe Client
4) Reboot
5) Reinstall the Client and some "error" (Something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ files missing or something) will popup where there's an option given to reinstall it......do it and the client will start installing.

After all that, your client should run fine and will be able to go to login screen.

BUT there's some side-effects:
Go do a check on all of your other programs and see if they would run properly. For example, I'm using "Avira Antivir"........and it no longer runs....had to reinstall it to fix it.

Did a check for most of my other applications....seems to run okay but for "Nero Startsmart" I had an "Unable to create XML Parser Instance. Please reinstall .........."

Not sure if any other applications are affected though.

Hope it helps :laugh:

Dont know what you did, but this fix surely did not affect anything here with me.
Especially Avira, which does not even use that packet.
Did not even have to reboot after the upgrade.

Legion's compiled advice for side by side errors fixed my problem. Plus rep for all who contributed to this thread!
Well, Legion anyway ;)

System OS:
Vista 32 bit

Tried it does not fix the side by side issue.

I am using Win7 Ultimate x64, Athlon 64 X2 7750 Black Edition, 8 Gig Ram, Nvidia 9600 GSO 1.5 Gig with PhysX.

Anyone having the same problem on Win7 and able to fix it? Please PM me.

The solution!

Thank you dude! :yay:
I downloaded the DX Update but instead of the one of Aug 2008, i instaled the most recent of mar 2009.

For those who have the same problem I had, first download the DirectX End-User Runtimes (March 2009) from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0cf368e5-5ce1-4032-a207-c693d210f616&displaylang=en

Once it is downloaded make a system backup or restore point. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. You will be asked where you want to place the extracted files. This is a temporary folder only - you can delete these files once the Direct X 9.0c installation has completed. Now go to that temporary folder. There will be lots of files in there - run DXSETUP.exe and wait for it to complete the installation.

Then you can run the Entropia Universe Setup with no proplems. :)

Even those of us that count ourselves as experienced, jump with both feet sometimes :silly2: Even though I know better, I rushed off to download the x64 C distributable :ahh: Thx to Legion for getting me on track, and making sure I got back on it again!

Kaiser, all I needed was vcredist_x86.exe as linked on the first post.
-Windows 7 x64

The echo of a distant tide
or maybe... The ping to the shores of Eudoria 94.31.61.21

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch even though this method didnt help, (uninstall microsoft C++ and letting the installer do the work)still put m in the right direction. I originally thought it would go away once the servers were open but still thanks.

Dont know what you did, but this fix surely did not affect anything here with me.
Especially Avira, which does not even use that packet.
Did not even have to reboot after the upgrade.

I got it to work. What I did was unistalled C++ 2005 and 2008 then uninstalled EU10. I then installed C++ 2008 +SP1 and ran setup again, got the C++ 2005 popup and away we went. Now, I have to ask. Why in the bleep do I have to uninstall an existing C++ 2005 installation for this to work? Wasn't this tested? Had I pushed out software with this stupid error that would cause a few hours of downtime for every user I would be fired. And not real sure why installing C++ 2008 would help but whatever....the wait continues.

Bottom line is if you have anything C++ installed, uninstall it before you launch the EU10 installer and let EU reinstall C++.

Thank you so much for compiling this. Helped out a ton. Had a different error than the first one listed but the C++ runtime update fixed it as well.:yay:

Back