Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

Here's my problem...

My problem is that when I go to try to install vcredist_x86.exe I get the following error message, then the installer backs itself out...

error_with_vcupdate_for_vu_10.0.jpg

And, yes, this error happens if I used the c++ redistributable listed in this thread or uninstall that one and have the EU installer try installing it... :(

and... I can't even send in a support ticket because
Server is down for upgrade. Please try again late

I'm not the only one with this problem - at least one other person has it...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-problem-installing-entropia.html#post1117969

Last edited:
Thanks I finaly got the log on screen to open no jst the wait till they are done. Gawsh so boring!!!!!!!!!!:(

It must be that all of you have a lot of time to figure out why the game won't load and you can spend hours trying this and that from all the instructions above. I have a business to run and I can't spend hours searching out a fix for this.

I get the Config and reinstall might help message.

1) if on windows xp Go to Microsoft update. Install everything, meaning, all essential and optional updates. If it wants to reboot, let it reboot. DID THIS
If on Vista go to windows update using the start menu, should be a "prog" in there
2) Repeat 1 untill all updates are installed (it can take a couple of minutes before new updates appear, so after a reboot wait 2-5minutes and check again) DONE
3) Go to Visual C++ runtime update DONE
4) download and install the vcredist_x86.exe on that page, EVEN if your on a 64bit os! it's the x86 you need. DONE
5) Done

I have done all of these things and nothing seems to work. I have all the latest downloads and updates from Microsoft. I don't have much more time to mess with this. I don't understand why MA can't put together a program that will interface without going through all of these hassles. I am not a computer wizard like a lot of the people here are. I am a user, not a programmer. I am very frustrated with this whole thing and about ready to throw in the towel and forget about it. I have a Dual Core 256 Intel Processor and a Crossfire video card and 7.1 surround audio.

I have a business to run and I can't spend hours searching out a fix for this.

Leave it, go to work/do something else :)

I don't understand why MA can't put together a program that will interface without going through all of these hassles.

You could always wait and let the client loader update itself automatically once everything is online again.

These downloads are so that people can be ready to get straight in once VU10.0 is opened to the public and not have to wait 6 hours for the CL to update itself.

Remember: it's a game, it's supposed to be fun.

:)

Than you for that. I will maintain my sanity now. lol

Didn't know all I had to do was wait for the client loader to update. Only 6 hours. No problem.

Thanks again!:)

:yay: a Versão do c++ RESOLVEU MEU PROBLEMA DE AO MENOS ABRIR O CLIENT LOAD...

FOR WHATS DAY SERVE EU OPEN???? :wtg:

You could always wait and let the client loader update itself automatically once everything is online again.

Well that wont work either if the client loader wont start I guess.

I fear my computer is FUBAR and the only way to get past this is a complete reinstall of windows (the biggest virus out there)

*sigh*

1-5 worked, now lets git 'er online!!!!

....All my EFD (what I got) to poster.... :yay:

My problem is that when I go to try to install vcredist_x86.exe I get the following error message, then the installer backs itself out...

And, yes, this error happens if I used the c++ redistributable listed in this thread or uninstall that one and have the EU installer try installing it... :(

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-problem-installing-entropia.html#post1117969

eidith...

just found out this happens when you try to install without administrative rights...
Choose "run as admin"

Thirst post should be updated. You need to uninstall c++ and then start to install EU.

Thirst post should be updated. You need to uninstall c++ and then start to install EU.

I did 1-5 in the top post and all still works, just EU is offline....just DLthe VCREDIST_x86.exe and all should work.

Really no need to uninstall it and sometimes to tell people to uninstall something is more dangerous then to tell them to install something. The uninstall something else by mistake and then the troubles really start.

Ty Wody and Legion :yay:

I missed the c++ update,

I might read all your mining theories now :ahh:

:wise:

did 3-5, works.. anybody know ETA when it launches??

Vista works fine when the 86 exe is dowloaded and installed :)...if that helps confirm anything:))

Bottom line is if you have anything C++ installed, uninstall it before you launch the EU10 installer and let EU reinstall C++.

Please, don't advise people to uninstall all C++ libraries, especially not the 2008 ones, since they don't get reinstalled by the EU installer while other software on your PC probably is dependent on the C++ 2008 libraries.

We don't want people to get EU working at the cost of breaking other software on their PCs...

For those who get pissed by all these technical manipulations: relax, just skip all this fuss about the pre-release and wait for vu10 to arrive. I am quite confident that by then MA will have a download that will configure your system correctly when it comes to this c++ thing.

Last edited:
Thanks

Great thread, thanks to all who made it happen, and solved my problem :)

Could you do this:

1) Download the C++ library and execute it as admin as suggested earlier.

2) If that doesn't help: open Windows Update and check again that all updates have been installed. It could be that some installations failed in a previous attempt.

3) If that doesn't help:
a) reboot
b) disable Windows Update (via [Control Panel] [Performance and Maintenance] [System] select [Automatic Updates])
c) install the C++ library
d) enable Windows Update

Please let us know whether any of this makes the installation work (or not).

I installed the VU , but when i try to go ingame I see a red cross behind operating system , it says i am using windows 2000 , but i have XP. And when i try to enter game (at password screen )it crashes .
did I download wrong stuff ?
somebody have same problem or know a solution ?
should i contact support ?

I did 1-5 in the top post and all still works, just EU is offline....just DLthe VCREDIST_x86.exe and all should work.

how is ur cousin doing , can he already walk ?

Thanks for your help on this I did Steps 1-5 and now have client running

+rep :yay:

I installed the VU , but when i try to go ingame I see a red cross behind operating system , it says i am using windows 2000 , but i have XP. And when i try to enter game (at password screen )it crashes .
did I download wrong stuff ?
somebody have same problem or know a solution ?
should i contact support ?

how is ur cousin doing , can he already walk ?

Take a look if you have it running in compability mode, could be that the install took some parameters from your old installation.

Take a look if you have it running in compability mode, could be that the install took some parameters from your old installation.

:clap::woot:
ty very much

Worked fine for me after installing:
vcredist_x86.exe & dxwebsetup.exe

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64

at least the clientloader worked!

About the "stuck in a loop" I thought I had that problem. But there are just multiple files with the same name in many directories. The problem is, the directory path is soo long that you can't actually see the difference ;) First thing you should do is to go to the EU installation directory and check how much files it contains (right click -> properties) and after a while try that again. If the number increases, it's ok.

Otherwise I have no solution ;)

v10

Hi their im not to computer savvy
Im runnin xp pro
and i too have the bin32 problem any help much appreciated

I updated my unvalidated windows XP by going to windows update site ...Installed a few things then blocked me.Must do this before installing crack...

Isohunt search for xp validation then install small torrent crack and back to microsoft update and updated xp completely...

Then downloaded C++ which has a link in 1st post

VU10 then installed and opened the client without an error

Thx Legion :} maybe add my unvalidated windows fix to ur post if yur game :}

Thanks for posting this Legion :)

I don't know what I'd do without it :D

I'd give ya an EFD donation for this, but my senior rank has lapsed, so a rep will have to do ;) At least for now ;)

- Nightwolf

Worked like a charm thanks a lot. Installing updates right now!

another error...

guys, i am not the most computer saavy.... think a mildly intelligent 5 year old.

I am also very sorry if this post has been answered, but see above :) please point me in the right direction.

I downloaded the vu 10 package, and it all went fine. I ran the .exe program, and i thought that went fine too. I got an icon on my desktop, etc.

I went to click on the icon, and got this error message.

"c:\program files\entropia universe\bin32\client loader.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Do i really need to reinstall this whole darn thing, or is there an easier fix (ex. legions thread)

Thank you so very very much, i'm at the end of my rope here :)

Hotei

Back