Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

yup what he said ^

I suggest these three for a start point

3) Go to Visual C++ runtime update
4) download and install the vcredist_x86.exe on that page, EVEN if your on a 64bit os! it's the x86 you need.
5) Done

insert disk

getting insert disk msg when installling

wtf?

HELP!!!!!

another error...

hi mates, i posted this once but didn't see it on the forum.

I am completely useless when it comes to computers, I can pretty much turn it on (however the other day i took a big step and installed a video card) :yay:

Anyhow origional post mentions that you will need to explain things to me kind of like a mildly intelligent 5 year old, or i get really confused.

Sorry if this question has been asked, if it has please just point me in the right direction.

I downloaded the vu 10 package succesfully, and then did the .exe thing, it said that it was succesful, however when i went to click on the icon to launch the client loader, i got the following error message:

"c:\program files\Entropia Universe\Bin32\Client loader.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Now do i really need to redownload the entire thing again :( or is there an easier fix that i am missing (like legions thread).

Thank you all so so very much, I'm lost.

Hotei

The way i did it was to uninstall "C++" from add/remove programs.. the uninstall vu10.. reboot PC.. reinstall vu10.. that should then install C++ automatic and away you go!

No need to re-download vu10

PS.. just find any file "C++".. there might be 2 of them..get rid.. reisntallation is automatic.. make sure you have automatic updates enabled ;).. worked for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mates, i posted this once but didn't see it on the forum.... launch the client loader, i got the following error message:

"c:\program files\Entropia Universe\Bin32\Client loader.exe ....

Thank you all so so very much, I'm lost.

Hotei

I found this thread helped out.. I had a similar situation as you, and it's just a matter of installing the updated C++ thingy...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/159699-compiled-help-issues-errors-installing-vu10-0-client.html

:D

Ossi!

thanks mate, i will go and do that, if i run into more problems, i will for sure be back, thanks for all the help.

hotei

P.S.

That was the trick, thank you for taking pity on me! God, i love this community!

Last edited:
*cough* search *cough*

uhuh.. you already got the installer by downloading.. by uninstalling you still keep the installer that you probably spent hours downloading.. i always download installer to my desktop so it's readily available to me.. maybe your installer is in a folder somewhere.... usually it goes to "local disk C" "program files"...planet calypso or entropia universe.. the OLD version of the installer will be in the "mindark" folder

thanks mate, i will go and do that, if i run into more problems, i will for sure be back, thanks for all the help.

hotei

P.S.

That was the trick, thank you for taking pity on me! God, i love this community!

yw! Glad to see you back on track... that's the awesome thing about our community, we are always ready to help out each other!

:D

Ossi!

help pls

decompression error #6
is what i am getting and its asking me to insert disc or browse for files

It works!

I downloaded from microsoft and now it works!!
The servers is down though.

decompression error #6
is what i am getting and its asking me to insert disc or browse for files

seems the file is a bit flawed, you need to redo the download of one of the files again, check with the method mentioned on the download page.

I have a blinking black screen after i launch EU after the last mini update.. ( i.e. I dont see login screen ) Im running Windows Vista 64 and radeon h4890 .. someone have same problem ? :0

huge thanks to you, solved all my problems +++++rep :D

I have a blinking black screen after i launch EU after the last mini update.. ( i.e. I dont see login screen ) Im running Windows Vista 64 and radeon h4890 .. someone have same problem ? :0

Same for me, i can hear the sound and i can see the cursor... but all is black, both in windowed and fullscreen mode.

Running Win7 x64, all was fine (i saw the login screen) before last mini update.

System: Windows 7 64-bit

My freind can't make it work to the login screen.

His system has OS Win 7 64-bit, 6 GB RAM, NVidia Geforce 8800 GTS.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks for support! :)

Same for me, i can hear the sound and i can see the cursor... but all is black, both in windowed and fullscreen mode.

Running Win7 x64, all was fine (i saw the login screen) before last mini update.

I saw that this had been fixed by running the program as administrator. (aparently this was reset to normal when you did the mini patch)

Btw, I had a DirectX 9 problem when I tried to install EU VU10 (Im running Win7 32bit), a fast reinstall of Win7 solved that problem.

Aye, just saw that aswell. Works fine again :)

All repairs tried and still no joy...

I am running XP SP2, downloaded the torrent, that didn't work, then the HTTP, installed with uninstall of previous version. Get the same message, not configured properly. Uninstalled, reinstalled, same message. Uninstalled, reinstalled 9.4, then reinstalled v10 without unistalling old version, same configuration message. I've tried this 7 or 8 times and continue to get the improper configuration message. Any suggestions?

I saw that this had been fixed by running the program as administrator. (aparently this was reset to normal when you did the mini patch)

Btw, I had a DirectX 9 problem when I tried to install EU VU10 (Im running Win7 32bit), a fast reinstall of Win7 solved that problem.

I love u :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Why the hell is my system not capable of running the software now.... I have to run out and buy more freaking ram just to play this game?... I don't like that any way to work around it, or am I beat?

Low settings are your friend

Can you install on any drive other than c:\

I get this error my c drive is on its way out sounds fragmented and games run slow on it but i have a good 2nd hard drive E:\ drive so i installed on e drive instead of c:\

error is
E:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\bin32\Clientloader.exe
This Aplication failed to start because the apllication configuration is incorrect . Reinstalling the Aplication may fix this problem

I am Using windows xp
I uninstalled the previuos version before i installed new version and rebooted inbetween install

DOES this mean you cant install the new version on any other drive other than C:\ if so why does it prompt you to ask you were you would like to install it

My error:

error.jpg

looks like i got a new problem posted in technical with no replys

untitled.jpg

was looking fine after vu10 was installed going to the login screen when the servers werent online
installed the mini update & now simply clicking the launcher bringing up this error message.
" the application or DLL C:\program files\games\entropiauniverse\bin32\stlport.5.1 is not a valid windows image. please check against your installation diskette. "

tried updating drivers with no effect

uninstalled & trying install again.

any sugestions incase i get the " not a valid windows immage file " message when reinstalled ?

edit :- looks good so far - installing mini update again

FFS getting the same not a valid file message again

Last edited:
man that fooking client is a pain..

reinstalling the 3rd time.. messing around with my existing C++ stuff

not happy about that mess.. oh well

Last edited:
To those whom had encountered this error too.

(I read someone's instruction on EF, did it and it works.....but there's sorta some "side-effects")

1) Go to "Control Panels", "Add and Remove Programs"
2) Look for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.xxxxx.x" and uninstall them
3) Uninstall Entropia Universe Client
4) Reboot
5) Reinstall the Client and some "error" (Something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ files missing or something) will popup where there's an option given to reinstall it......do it and the client will start installing.

After all that, your client should run fine and will be able to go to login screen.

BUT there's some side-effects:
Go do a check on all of your other programs and see if they would run properly. For example, I'm using "Avira Antivir"........and it no longer runs....had to reinstall it to fix it.

Did a check for most of my other applications....seems to run okay but for "Nero Startsmart" I had an "Unable to create XML Parser Instance. Please reinstall .........."

Not sure if any other applications are affected though.

Hope it helps :laugh:

DO THIS ONLY IF YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF OPTIONS for the abovementioned problem since I've no idea what other problems might popup. (Hope there's none)

I'll update any other errors I find after doing this method once I find anything else wrong with my comp.

ok this worked for me!!!

when the installation finished a black window popped up with x86.exe popped up very shortly!

now it woks and im updating to...10.0.0.28586

didnt even have to reboot :) ....then update to xxx861

Last edited:
Back