Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

I'll try again tonight...

I'll try playing around with administrative rights on my computer again tonight. I am fairly sure I installed everything as admin last night, but it was almost midnight before I went to bed, so maybe there's something simple I missed. Can anyone verify if this game engine is utilizing .net 3.5? If it is, I'll need to figure out some way to install that puppy on my computer. If not, that's a wasted effort. The only reason I ask this is that atl error I got (see earlier in the thread) seemed to be linked to .net somehow in some of the googles I did for that error... but maybe the googles for the error were way off base.

i have net framework 3.0 installed

client runs

hope that helps

i have vista and i tried updating it in the start menu still gave the side by side error dont know what else to do.

Client install Looping

I have had this problem for ages now:confused: - i have been trying to install for ages :( - kept looping :scratch2: - then after about 30 tries of waiting 10-15 mins each go -shazam it works - :eek::eek: :D

i didnt change anything to do with direct x or updated anything - i did not re download the client but by trying again and again and again....... it worked :p :silly2::laugh:;):):yay::D

:wtg: See Yall In Calypso, Happy Hoffing :wtg:

I have tried everything as stated by many people.

DX, C++ files, etc eveything... The CLIENT LOADER.exe was not opening before. But now it is opening. I get to go to the OPTIONS / NEWS / AUCTION screen CLINET LOADER.

But when i click LAUNCH the game. it gives me the same error (side by side cofiguration) but this time pointing to entropia.exe instead of client loader.exe initially.

Did anyone face 2 times (side by side cofiguration) Error with both files, first clientloader.exe and then 2nd time with entropia.exe?

Any help ? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Could someone please copy paste the last few lines from C:\Windows\entropia_updater.log ?

I think this might be essential to the looping problem.

I get this:

Code:
2009-08-18 21:47:18.790 : *** Updater started ***
2009-08-18 21:47:18.790 : Waiting for client loader to exit
2009-08-18 21:47:18.925 : Moving file: D:\Program, to: D:\games\EU\
2009-08-18 21:47:18.925 : Moving file: D:\Program, to: D:\games\EU\Program
2009-08-18 21:47:18.925 : Exec: bin32\ClientLoader.exe, params:, dir:, wait:0

Loop fixed (atleast for me)

I fixed the loop issue by changing the environment variables to the temp and tmp folder. Usually I have my temp folders on D: as I use a small SSD HDD and for some reason it could not handle that the temp folders were in a folder with a space in the name (Program Files). After changing the variables it worked fine.

It was updating earlier today with the temp files in Program Files so something must have changed.

If this doesnt fix your problem it might be a good idea to try and clear your temp folders.

i have an error

I got a new error and I cant find any answers anwhere.. Yesterday I had the software installed and could get to the new login screen, but the servers were still down. Today the servers are up and there is an update that has to be done before launching the game. My update will not complete and I get these 2 Error messages...

Patch Engine Error 11
X Invalid start mode: Missing__IRAFN command line switch.

and...

Entropia Updater Error
X Error executing update_10.0.28255-10.0.0.28586.exe.

Can anybody please help me? Id very much like to play!

I have followed your steps done everything to the t and nothing is working. I still cant get on the message that I get says "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail." I dont understand this statement.... what do I do.

My error:

error.jpg

u may go to the folder : C:\user\justin~1\appdata\local\temp\entropia and move the *.exe files into ur entropia universe folder, then install the *.exe files one by one in sequence.

god damn anoying....
I got the side by side error. I cant exactly use windows update tho -_-

Does this mean I have to actually BUY Windows for the first time in 10 years?

Im a gamer... not a geek.

Different error

I had the game up and running and was in it for maybe 30 minutes but the frame rate, 4 BSOD etc was so bad I went out and picked up a new system, reloaded the C++ exe to cure the side by side error and now the client launches BUT when I go to launch into the game I get a small refresh of the client loader and I fail to get to log in screen. :scratch2:

Anyone else seeing this problem as well?

Any guru's with any suggestions?

Vista (ugh) Home Premium,64 bit, 8G RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350. CLient loader says I am all green and good to go

I have some problems with the client loader. First when I opened it started to upgrade itself. It was OK. But after this didnt happen anything. I opened again the clientloader and pressed launch then it says in a small window "testing updates". Then nothing happens. I tried to launch many times but threr were always these results...

Somebody help me pls! :)

Last edited:
Dont forget this as it is driving me up the wall right now and others I have talked to in game.

redbox of death i say lol

I have some problems with the client loader. First when I opened it started to upgrade itself. It was OK. But after this didnt happen anything. I opened again the clientloader and pressed launch then it says in a small window "testing updates". Then nothing happens. I tried to launch many times but threr were always these results...

Somebody help me pls! :)

What does your C:\Windows\entropia_updater.log say?

I dont know what does it say but you can check it here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/126060791/cea1eeee/entropia_updater.html

Looks like you had the same problem as me with the spaces in a folder name where the temp files are.

Try the following:

Create a folder called C:\Temp

XP:
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click Environment variables.
Change any reference to TEMP or TMP (should be atleast two for each, atleast thats how it is in Vista so I assume its the same in XP)to C:\Temp (take a note of what was there before if you want to put it back to the way it was later on).

Vista:
Click Start and choose Control Panel
In the Search box on the top right of the window type “system path” (no quotes)
Click “Edit the system environment variables”
Change any reference to TEMP or TMP (should be atleast two for each) to C:\Temp (take a note of what was there before if you want to put it back to the way it was later on).

Now you can try to run the Client Loader and update again.

I hope this works for you.

Grrr damn crappy connection cant handle audio streaming. I cant manage to turn off adds and audio streaming in the client loader as after changing it and accepting the changes does not appear back in options. In the past enabled audio streaming has stoped me dead at the goldcard screen and it appears to be doing the same now. Hopefully they fix the disable adds and streamed audio options soon as using it on a crappy line (LOL to quote Telkom "with our world class infrastructure") is imposible.

MA didnt help too much with my problem. Cant get through autorization screen. Ive used so many different drivers for my graphic card. The game just freezes on login screen after i hit lunch.

my system
XP SP3
GTX280
4gb memory
SB Audigy

thx to this fantastic thread, i got as far as to hit the launch button...but then I hit the wall, and got the login screen BLACKOUT..or looped...:rolleyes:

any surgestions??

TY LEGION..reps +given
See you all inside...I hope...:rolleyes:

Looks like you had the same problem as me with the spaces in a folder name where the temp files are.

Try the following:

Create a folder called C:\Temp

XP:
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click Environment variables.
Change any reference to TEMP or TMP (should be atleast two for each, atleast thats how it is in Vista so I assume its the same in XP)to C:\Temp (take a note of what was there before if you want to put it back to the way it was later on).

Vista:
Click Start and choose Control Panel
In the Search box on the top right of the window type “system path” (no quotes)
Click “Edit the system environment variables”
Change any reference to TEMP or TMP (should be atleast two for each) to C:\Temp (take a note of what was there before if you want to put it back to the way it was later on).

Now you can try to run the Client Loader and update again.

I hope this works for you.

Thank you so much! :) It works. Problem is solved! :yay:

Thanks for the info, it helped to get the new client. the problem now is that the game lags sooooooooo bad i can't even play, any ideas how to fix that or is it just growing pains with this new update?

i see a few have this issues aswell, i have a black login screen, cant log in at all. Whats funny is after some tweaking the otherday (before the last client loader update), i could get up to the login screen.

when I get home, will try this for sure thx Legion

Installed, got the side by side error, downloaded vcredist_x86.exe installed that and now client loader starts, updates downloading, waiting for log in screen. Big thx!:yay:

All files?? How much gig they want to use up on us?

Do we have to downlad all 6 files or they are all different paths to same download

The first .exe file is fine until you try to install but the others just come up as scripted pages no download

I don't know who else agrees with me but this vu download is buggy enough and confusing enough to say "stuff it i just won't bother with all this crap and stop playing"

ok i figured out a way to reduce the fps for entropia for nvidia users.

-Goto nvidia control panel
-Select Entropia as the program
-Set its vsync to Force on
See pic below:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

login.jpg

i see a few have this issues aswell, i have a black login screen, cant log in at all. Whats funny is after some tweaking the otherday (before the last client loader update), i could get up to the login screen.

I had that issue too,

What i have found has worked for both my laptop, and desktop (both were getting black login screens) was to ......

right click the entropia universe shortcut,
click properties
click the "Compatability" tab
then check the box next to - "run this program in compatability mode"
Then i chose Windows XP service pack 2​
Also check the box next to "run this program as administrator"

I know this is something most of us did long ago in Vista to get the game running properly but i completely overlooked doing this again before now :p Seems to work fine (well you know what i mean.

C

Back