What happend to black clothes ?

loren

Stalker
Loren
Was looking through my clothes yesterday and found that my black outfit was 2 different shades colours even! Anyone else noticed the difference? I've took a few SS i will post here, pants look fine but the skirt & bra look like they been through a boil wash :rolleyes:

really hope they will fix that, or start dropping black paint cans...

(but probably will be fixed later)

Unfortunatly, due to the 5 years in storage, some clothes may have been turned gray, as has been said in the version updates. This means, the government and scientists are currently working hard to find a way to restore everything to their former beauty, and this will be applied automaticly

(in other words, the textures etc simply are not ready yet, wait untill after VU 10.2 before you expect foul play)

White is Black and Black is white :)

My black ninja hood is now more bright than the average grey clothes lol

Proably they didnt pay any attention during the switch over...
-> because proably there is only one dude who is wearing it -> me hahaha

Any other players who ever bought this? It is actualy more light blue in the night and it does go with my aurora parts. The colour red and blue are more blackish than my black ninja.

I do think it is funny that somehow you can say that white is black and black is white :) aslong I forget the price I paid for it lol

duh !

:rofl:

nice whitish black hood jacket..

I know someone who also has a black ninja - but thats just a name isn't it? :D

... they kinda do it every bigger VU, I remember Vu 9.0 all black named clothes lost their blackness too ..

It seems perfectly black for me.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The texture on the Urban Nomad Black's now looks more like velvet.
The DDD set is also black for me, it doesnt look like yours at all. :eyecrazy:

Running on Very High, but also on High it looks completely black. So its probably a gfx card issue?

Unfortunatly, due to the 5 years in storage, some clothes may have been turned gray, as has been said in the version updates. This means, the government and scientists are currently working hard to find a way to restore everything to their former beauty, and this will be applied automaticly

(in other words, the textures etc simply are not ready yet, wait untill after VU 10.2 before you expect foul play)

From VU 10.0 Content List:

"Due to five years in storage, customizable items except garments have turned grey. Their former luster will be restored in a future Version Update"

Ninja Hood Jacket X-Black

I sent a support case regarding this, which they kindly forwarded to the art department.

it seems that MA really have a problem with black, and making it actually black.

some updates ago (2007) Urban nomad black boots became dark grey.

Support cases failed to resolve this issue.

I Asked why they were not black any more, and got told that this change was on purpose, case closed.
I had copy/paste the case, and ask "what colour are black boots supposed to be if not black?" That at least got a better reply, but no fix.

SO I am sorry to say that I hold no expectation of others black stuff becoming black again.

As a side effect my black boots that used to average (and cost) TT+1600 dropped about 1000 peds in a week or two, and have continued to fall ever since, as they no longer actually match the rest of the set.

perhaps time to re-vive the issue/support case?

NO use... I filed tones and tons support case about my black items are not longer black at all .. Support can only relay this info to Design department...

and Design Department doesnt seem to respond to this issue at all...

I got a designed black clothe which look lighter than any other coloured clothes... except white ofcourse lol On their webpage it looks much darker....

proably they photoshopped it...

oh I got the same issue as Fishy lol hahahha a lol

oh I am sorry I though this was a new thread.. looks like I already reply to this thread before lol hahah

I forgot how sucky it was with my black stuffs lol

Last edited:
imho, gray does NOT EQUAL black :rolleyes:

(seems like MA are colorblind)

:scratch2:
No wonder I didn't rcognize fishface
:laugh:

So you got two different colours for the price of one? Enjoy the different colours for a few weeks (months?) until they get the colours sorted out again.

From VU 10.0 Content List:
"Due to five years in storage, customizable items except garments have turned grey. Their former luster will be restored in a future Version Update"

I know this thread is a month old, but I had to ask .

Is that why all the stuff from my ugly purple apartment is now an ugly grey in my re-settlement storage container ? :scratch2:

Please stop complaining about "black clothes" breing grey!

If you insist too much, they may want to fix it.
Are you sure you want to have pink "black clothes"? ;)

Black is not black any more!!!!! :D:D:D:D

hmm unfortunately my favourite urban nomad blizzard pants went from black and white to velvet black/grey and white, they are no longer my favourite pants so i sold them :(

A lot of mine are fucked up too and they were pure black prior to vu. Some seem to have retained a good color and that's on VERY high so not a graphics card issue.

They been washed too many times? colours fade you know, you need to use Ariel Colour & Style washing powder :laugh:

it seems that MA really have a problem with black, and making it actually black.

some updates ago (2007) Urban nomad black boots became dark grey.

Support cases failed to resolve this issue.

I Asked why they were not black any more, and got told that this change was on purpose, case closed.
I had copy/paste the case, and ask "what colour are black boots supposed to be if not black?" That at least got a better reply, but no fix.

SO I am sorry to say that I hold no expectation of others black stuff becoming black again.

As a side effect my black boots that used to average (and cost) TT+1600 dropped about 1000 peds in a week or two, and have continued to fall ever since, as they no longer actually match the rest of the set.

perhaps time to re-vive the issue/support case?

Yeah it's interesting, seeings as they can make mulaak'f so dark they absorb light. So there is a seminal difference in that black, and clothing black.

As for the DD set... DD set has a texture on it, pants don't -hence the shininess

I've notice that some of my stuff with finesilk no longer appears to be finesilk :S

just use a slower computer like mine and have all your settings on low, black will be black again!

all the SS in this thread are killing me I'm thinking new computer time. I would love to know what I look like on very high.

Was looking through my clothes yesterday and found that my black outfit was 2 different shades colours even! Anyone else noticed the difference? I've took a few SS i will post here, pants look fine but the skirt & bra look like they been through a boil wash :rolleyes:

It looks that your Gamma setting is rather high, try to put the gamma down a bit.

I don't know what the problem is, maximum settings here. I know about the issue with Urban Nomad Boots, but tbh if I sold everything that had been involved someway with a bug, then I'd be nakid. Having said that, it's a real shame when you get the 'We did it on purpose' response. Beautifully coloured and textured plumataugus purple boots, matching fedora looked great with purple pants and lavender coat. Whole set got screwed up, with the well known pussification of lavender coat to a sickly... urm lavender colour. If it'd had black detail instead of the putrid cyan, which clashes with the lav awfully. I've only seen it look good on Skam, think she used white clothes.

So, what's the problem?....
...Said Mr Smith.

Back