Advice on a panic weapon

Status

Miscellaneous

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Brian Xeurol Kyr
So I've decided to get a shiny new panic weapon, but I'm having trouble deciding what. At the moment, I'm using my Katsuichi Honor as my panic weapon, but with 0.3/10 HA, that's not working too well. I'm willing to spend around TT+200, 250 tops for one, and I'd like it to be a pistol. Any suggestions? Maybe an EP-43 or FreanD Delta?

And on another note, The FreanD Delta and Maddox IV are completely identical except the Maddox IV does 3 more damage than the Delta. Right now, the Maddox has about +250 more markup than the Delta. So, is this gap of +250 PED really worth it for 3 more damage? Or am I missing something?

3 damage over The course of a minute is a lot of damage

my personal suggestion and for the sake of saving both your ped and your gear.. hunt within your skill lvl. Do that you will be alot more eco and not really need a panic weapon...

go eco, hunt and stay in areas of mob your lvl it is win win! ;)

A panic FAP was my choice small and many heals per minute EMK 2350, plus the best (L) Longblade I have maxed, or rocket launcher if dealing with a solo mob up close, they can do some nice dmg if it's not shared.

I'm not great at changing what's equiped right now, this VU has wiped my usual style out...so I just panic die or run :silly2:

t

@ Draggger: Okay, I guess you're right. I was just a little startled at first about the large price gap with just three more damage

@ virus: I disagree with not keeping panic gear with you. If I were out somewhere far from a revival point/TP, and I suddenly accidentally aggro a mob that's a bit to strong for me, I'd be costing myself MORE money by using skill-level weapons to kill that mob because it would take more time, which would waste money letting the mob regen more, and cost more decay by letting it hit my armor more. I don't know about you, but I don't like dying, and having to run all the way back to the place I was hunting at.

@ timmmers: I already have a panic FAP (EMK 2350) but my rocket/grenade launcher skill isn't so high right now, and neither are my melee weapons.

my personal suggestion and for the sake of saving both your ped and your gear.. hunt within your skill lvl. Do that you will be alot more eco and not really need a panic weapon...

go eco, hunt and stay in areas of mob your lvl it is win win! ;)

I agree with Miscellaneous. This answer is besides the point. If you're hunting Chirpies and a lonely Atrox wanders into the area, you'll be glad you had it, no? ;)

go sib?.. unlimited preferably...

If you are going to have a panic weapon, going mellee is probably a good idea... but why the Katsuichi since it's not Sib? Maybe you can find yourself a descent longblade that has sib... even if the sib is now above the level your skills are, you will get in to the sib range for it eventually.

Unlimited sib blades that you are skilled for would be best though... that high HA gives you a better chance to do critical damage.

May be a lot more expensive than you want, but an unlimted Emba C1 or Loughlin Cutter 3 might do the trick... Bicak Blix would be better since it does 35.5 dmg/sec instead of only 15.5 like Embra C1 or 14.7 like the loughlin 3.

Since it'll only be for real panic attacks, going L with the C1 or Loughlin 3 would probably be most economic... but then you'll have to search around for one instead of finding a repair terminal after it breaks.

The genesis or rustic blades might work too...

actually... if entropedia is right...which it might not be... and if you don't care about the L vs unlimited argument...

highest damage/sec weapon with low markup would be something like SkilDek Viper (L), Genesis Prism Of Destruction (L), Vumpoor Dissolver (L), Genesis Niflheim (L), Genesis Bifrost (L), Genesis High-Tension Resolver (L), Genesis Tesla Sword (L), Genesis Stingury (L), etc.

Loughlin Masher clubs (UL) are nice big sticks to carry around for when you go in to fight or flight mode. ;)

Well, since you're asking about a panic weapon, and not your main weapon, the field is wide open. Your only real requirements are:

• Higher DPS then your normal hunting gear
  • Cheap

With that in mind, I can think of a few other questions that will help narrow down the choices:

• What weapons do you normally hunt w/ atm?
  • Do you have an extra amp to stick on a new gun?
  • Are you wanting to stay skilling in a specific weapon type?

Like you said, an Ep-43+E-15 amp is a fairly cheap hand cannon, but depending on your skills, an HL6(L) or HL8(L) would be even better. And since it's a panic weapon, the (L) item won't need replacing for a long time. Since you're trying to use an Honor, try using a Determination or Pride instead.

I agree with Miscellaneous. This answer is besides the point. If you're hunting Chirpies and a lonely Atrox wanders into the area, you'll be glad you had it, no? ;)

nah really just run or die if you face a mob above your level and kill stuff at your lvl for the rest of the time.
Getting panic weapons will only tempt you to hunt bigger stuff than you should....

Not sure if OP actually is still looking for answers. Last activity: 11-25-2009 15:59

And on another note, The FreanD Delta and Maddox IV are completely identical except the Maddox IV does 3 more damage than the Delta.

Friend Delta: 44 dmg @ 67 shots/min = 49.1 Dmg/sec
Maddox IV: 44 dmg @ 71 shots/min = 52.1 Dmg/sec

Difference: 3 Dmg/sec or 180 Dmg/min

Now we slap a Bull Tac50 on it:

Friend Delta: 66 dmg @ 67 shots/min = 73.7 Dmg/sec
Maddox IV: 66 dmg @ 71 shots/min = 78.1 Dmg/sec

Difference: 4.4 Dmg/sec or 264 Dmg/min

Not counting damage enhancers here...

for comparison:
Katsuichi Honor = 40.1 Dmg/sec
Katsuichi Determination = 52.5 Dmg/sec

Xero took the words right out of my mouth. Just die and avoid. Dying is cheap.

Well ofc.. Mastermesh revived it.. anything to advertise it's shop.................:rolleyes:

lol. didn't even look at the post date. it's funny how searches bring up ancient threads as new ones on top of what they find.

Ya made me giggle.. i'll +rep ya just for a change :)

awwww "must spread some rep first"..i'll get back to you.

Status
Back