Mining Event: Seven Lands for Seven Brothers, 11 Sep - 23 Oct

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events and Qetesh present
Seven Lands for Seven Brothers
A contest for miners
11 September – 23 October

There once were seven brothers, princes in a distant country. Each of them held dominion over a piece of land. Although they were all prosperous, the princes would often fight over which of their seven lands was the best. They would argue about which land had the most beautiful views, the greatest mountains, the most diverse wildlife – but whatever it was that they discussed, they could never agree.

One day their conversation turned to the subject of mined resources. As usual, each brother claimed that his land was the best, and held the most valuable resources. As the wine flowed, the brothers argued long into the night.

Eventually the eldest brother came up with an idea: “We must settle this once and for all!”, he said. “Let us invite miners from all over the world to come to our lands. They are experts in their trade, and surely they know more than you or I about these matters. Let them tell us whose land is the greatest!”

For once, the brothers agreed. They all thought that this was an excellent idea. The very next day (after a long sleep to recover from their excesses), they put out the call – let the miners come and take part in a contest on the Seven Lands!

The Seven Lands

The competition takes place on seven land areas.

OLA-16 is the LA that contains Nea’s Place TP. The mobs here are small Ambulimax.

ola-16_map.jpg

OLA-20 is west of Rei’s Defence and contains small Longu.

ola-20_map.jpg

OLA-25 and OLA-29 are west of New Oxford and contain mid-level Armax and Longu respectively.

vu10.0_bfp_map.jpg

OLA-34 is east of Segna Forest. Young Hogglo roam this land.

(I don't have a map for this one at the moment, I need to do some TP running :D - you can see the location on Raybrad's excellent Amethera map: http://img.webme.com/pic/c/cazadoresfurtivos/amethera_cazadoresfurtivos.jpg)​

OLA-41 is immediately east of New Switzerland TP. At the moment there are no creatures in this area (there are supposed to be Argonauts here which will hopefully reappear in a future VU).

ola-41_map.jpg

OLA-61 is west of Shinook Jungle and is free of wildlife.

ola-61_map.jpg

How to Play

The objective is to score points by hitting globals on various ores and enmatters in the Seven Lands, and posting a screenshot here. You score points equal to the PED value of the find, up to a maximum of 400 (i.e. a 2k HoF is worth the same as a 400 PED find).

However, you only receive points for your largest find of each resource type on each LA.

Example

Oleg posts a 56 PED global of Alicenies Gel on OLA-34, and scores 56 points. The following day he finds an 82 PED deposit of Alicenies Gel on the same LA. The 56 points he scored previously are replaced by 82 points, so he has improved his score by 26 points. The next day Oleg gets another Alicenies global on the same LA, worth 74 PED. He can’t score points for this – but he should post his global anyway to give him a better chance of winning the random prize (see below).

On the fourth day Oleg finds 53 PED worth of Alicenies Gel on OLA-61. Because this find is on a different LA, it counts for 53 points.​

Screenshots must show the global message, the time and your position in the chat window. The in-game map showing your current position inside the LA must also be clearly displayed.

Rare Find Bonus

You can score extra points by finding rare resources. Any find of a rare resource can be posted with the finder window or claim deed clearly showing the type and location of the find. Each find is worth 50 points. For each rare resource type and LA, the first person to post a find scores 100 points.

If you global on a rare resource, instead of scoring 50 points, you score double the normal points for that global (e.g. a 54 PED Rugaritz find is worth 108 points). The number of points is capped at 400, and you only get points for your best find on each resource in each LA, just like the common finds.

The following resources count as a rare find:

• Adomasite
  • Blood Moss
  • Dunkel
  • Himi
  • Langotz
  • Maganite
  • Morpheus
  • Redulite
  • Rugaritz
  • Tridenite
  • Vegetation Spores
  • Xeremite
  • Zanderium

Prizes

Overall Prizes

The top 4 overall scorers will receive the following prizes:

1st prize: OreAmp OA-105 (L) + EnMatAmp MA-105 (L)
2nd prize: OreAmp OA-103 (L) + EnMatAmp MA-103 (L)
3rd prize: OreAmp OA-103 (L)
4th prize: OreAmp OA-102 (L)

Seven Lands Prizes

For each of the Seven Lands, the miner who scores the most points on that land will receive 50 Seismic Bombs and 50 Survey Probes.

Random Prize

All globals posted during the event (not only the ones that count towards the overall score) will be compiled into a list. One global will be chosen at random, and the player who posted it will receive a Ziplex Z15 Oreseeker (L).

The random draw will be based on the UK National Lottery Dream Number from 28 October (using a modulo function to determine the winner).

General Rules

1. The contest runs from 1200 UTC (MA time) on Friday 11 September 2009 until 1200 UTC on Friday 23 October 2009.
  2. Screenshots must be posted here within 24 hours of the time shown in the chat window.
  3. To be valid, all screenshots must clearly show the location, timestamp, the name of your avatar, and a map confirming your position inside one of the Seven Lands. For rare finds the name of the resource found must also be visible on your finder window or claim deed.
  4. Please do not edit your posts! If you have something to add, make a new post. Edited posts may be disallowed.
  5. Globals are only valid if scored within the boundaries of OLA-16, OLA-20, OLA-25, OLA-29, OLA-34, OLA-41 or OLA-61.
  6. The judge of this competition is Oleg Oleg McMullery. In the event of any dispute, Oleg’s decision is final.
  7. We reserve the right to disallow any entries in the case of suspected PhotoShopping or other foul play.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Nice idea, sounds like fun, I'm in ;)

Small question btw, so if you find 10x ado in the same LA for example you have 500 points?

Nice idea, sounds like fun, I'm in ;)

Small question btw, so if you find 10x ado in the same LA for example you have 500 points?

No, you only score 50 points (or 100 if you're first, or more if it's a global). Only one find of each resource in each LA counts, both for rare finds and for normal globals.

I've just made a small change to the rules so that only globals are included in the random prize, or it could potentially get a bit silly :)

Count me in oleg for the Go Skillian Villians Yay :yay:

Last edited:
Globals on OLA-25 and OLA-29 also count towards the Battle for Power event, so check that out too - see the links in my sig.

With seven lands to mine, there's something for everyone here :)

I heartily endorse this product and/or service :silly2:

24 hours till we begin!

Just 30 minutes before this contest begins!

When you post globals can you please also type the LA number in the post, this would make my life a lot easier :)

Why not? I'm in!

Let's start with a first course of Noodles :D

LA 41--
66 peds caldorite
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Rare Adomasite--100 points first find

Totals:
LA 41--166 points

Total: 166 points

Sorry for the double. This image for the adomasite claim has the LA on the map. I did not get such an image for the caldorite global, so I guess a ruling is needed (sorry again). But it was just north of the land marker, so the coordinates should be easy to verify as being within the LA borders.

sorry still a noob but is gold a rare find?

edit:

ah crap.. nvm it's not on the list of page 1 lol.

lol i did find adomosite at new switz.. but that was yesterday./sigh

Last edited:
Sorry for the double. This image for the adomasite claim has the LA on the map. I did not get such an image for the caldorite global, so I guess a ruling is needed (sorry again). But it was just north of the land marker, so the coordinates should be easy to verify as being within the LA borders.

I'll check those coordinates when I get in game.

The purpose of the map rule is that it makes it MUCH easier for me to verify that the finds are within the LA. I will allow this one if the co-ordinates check out but repeat offences will not be tolerated :D

I most likely will not be winning anything due to my limited time online - but count me in anyway :) :). I need the crafting mats as I'm adding the new profession.

Good Luck everyone!! This is gonna be fun!

That's a great map you have there Ray Brad! (Hope you're reading this.)

/\

Where is everyone?

got me a global to put me on the board :yay:

Land area 20
Oil for 56 ped

giving me 56 pts.

Sounds good to me.

Ty Oleg :)

PS : i don't think you can find himi in those areas

Sounds good to me.

Ty Oleg :)

PS : i don't think you can find himi in those areas

Probably not, but if you can then we want to find out about it ;)

Scores

Overall Scores

1. Karmic Karmic Nature: 176
2. Noodles NightOwl O'Shea: 166
3. Brilliam Mason Seafare: 56

All three have been mining on a different LA so they are each in the lead for the LA prize too :)

Land area 61 Gazz HOF for 163 ped.

prior total: 56pts
Gazz Hof +163pts

ok here is the right screenie for the Gazz Hof :ahh: sorry for the confusion

LA 61 Gazz Hoff 163

First Try

I just dropped 19 bombs in LA 41
I took me forever just to get there... didn't have Switz TP.\
No globals :(
I think the net was -4ped. Not awful. It's a ruff area to get through, but at least no mobs to kill my noob ass!

Seems like most miners don't know a good opportunity when they see one :D

Land area 61 : 51 ped ares head

Back