Question: Stackable BPs: quantity vs. quality?

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
I recently picked up a cheap generic leather texture BP and decided to have a few goes with it, as I had quite a lot of the components for it in stock. I have a question though. What happens if you push the quality slider to the right (higher quality) on a BP for a stackable like this? Does it increase the quantity if you succeed, increase the amount of stuff (residues and new BPs) dropped with the product, what?

Second question. How does one actually use a texture anyway?

As you can probably see, I am very new especially when it comes to crafting. :ahh:

Welcome Ian,

The slider is really not quantity vs quality. Its more quantity vs quantity.
Moving the slider bar from Green - Red for stackable BPs means that you will get more of that item per success but in return your success rate will be WAY lower. At the same time most of the time you get more residue also.

Here is an example:

Simple I Conductors

Full quantity = 2 Simple I Conductors + X Residue
Full Condition might give you 8-10 Simple I Conductors + X Residue

A small test i did a year ago:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/crafting/128264-little-texture-crafting-experiment.html

That global might make it look real nice to craft on condition and "profit", but be assured a global only means that the system wants to even out some of your losses and that you can not really say when it will do it.
Slider full on condition is _GAMBLING_, real crafter tries to get the most out of his ressources. Only got 3 globals on generic leather so far, even gambling :D

Sometimes you get the most at full quantity and sometimes if you move it some tiny bits towards condition (allways staying in green). I never experiment with that until QR is above 70 and SiB is over.

I've not found a lot of difference over (say) 50 clicks. Max quantity will get me small amounts "regularly", max condition will get me larger amounts but less often. As it is rather demoralising going 20 clicks without getting anything apart from residue I tend to stick to max quantity.

I've not found a lot of difference over (say) 50 clicks. Max quantity will get me small amounts "regularly", max condition will get me larger amounts but less often. As it is rather demoralising going 20 clicks without getting anything apart from residue I tend to stick to max quantity.

It can sometimes payoff to move the slider a bit, on a bad run it will not help but on a good run it can improve the outcome.
But 50 clicks on stackables is nothing I would even call a "run" :D
I need at least 50-100 to find out if it is a bad or a good run :D

Well... from those I talk to its generally like one person said above...

Small bits more frequent... or Big bits less frequent...

Now why would this matter?? Ive never done any long term tests to see results... so I dont know if they vary a lot or not one day Ill do one on a bp to see how it goes...

Some people say if you got Low MU Materials or TT materials and its not oil materials clicking condition..... can yield the same results overtime... but you'll get more residue then product... which can be better if your clicking TT food...

Like... lets take my DLX print for example...

Now overall my materials cost 108-109%... and it gives me TT food... if I click condition I might get more residue which is worth close to the MU instead of getting more guns which go right to TT....

If someone has a track record of condition vs quantity and could share thatd be awesome.

I'm new Hi for long term whats a good item for profit.

Im loosing ped just starting out did get 1 global 84 ped was nice.
what direction is a good one should i learn to craft in guns i might use
or should i craft in an item say like amps that get used a lot and destroyed.
any ideas thanks. looking for long term to make a little at crafting.

Well the cheapest gun to click I believe material wise is the Mann MPH Dlx... its about 1.XXPed per click.... but its TT food so you pay a premium to click it since mats in cost more then mats out....

As for amps.... not sure what Lights are worth per click but at least 5ped probably.... and the mats can be very expensive since MAs need a component and OAs use sheet metal which has very high MU and I think most of your amps will go to TT food.

Due to rising belk price Ive swapped to clicking oil components just because its cheaper for me to take a loss when I dont pay extra on materials :D.

If someone has a track record of condition vs quantity and could share thatd be awesome.

My texture experiment the tendencies quite well. Can't tell if it works 100% the same for non-SiB BPs because I have not got a QR100 there yet, but the tendency seems to be the same.
Never needed to do another test the past year.

Second question. How does one actually use a texture anyway?

It works like Colouring. You buy a texturizing tool, drop your clothing item into the provided box and it will display the fields for texturizing at the bottom. Drag your textures into the boxes and Apply. Again like with Colouring you need a seperate bleaching tool to attach to the texturizing tool in order to remove a texture

Im loosing ped just starting out did get 1 global 84 ped was nice.
what direction is a good one should i learn to craft in guns i might use
or should i craft in an item say like amps that get used a lot and destroyed.
any ideas thanks. looking for long term to make a little at crafting.

Starting out, the smartest thing you can do that will help is going with the cheapest per click bp you can find, highest qr, and working at level 1. Most start out with basic filters even though you can't sell filters to anyone other than the tt machine but you CAN sell the residue if you get any back. A lot of folks say this is silly now that some level 1 bps have sib. I completely disagree with them since the sib bps typically require components that will have a much higher markup... so you are already loosing before you even start.

Starting out, the smartest thing you can do that will help is going with the cheapest per click bp you can find, highest qr, and working at level 1. Most start out with basic filters even though you can't sell filters to anyone other than the tt machine but you CAN sell the residue if you get any back. A lot of folks say this is silly now that some level 1 bps have sib. I completely disagree with them since the sib bps typically require components that will have a much higher markup... so you are already loosing before you even start.

I dont recomend filter because it is a completely useless BP.
Skill gains are almost non-existent and your failure rate is the same as a SiB BP.
Also one most not forget that Oil and Lysterium have also a markup.
Would rather recomend Simple I Conductors, has SiB,materials are the cheapest, product and ressidue has MU and skills you faster.
And most importingly... you learn to never ever TT anything. It is a bad habit that does not decrease your losses

another possibility is crafting things peeople buy for example basic sheet metal.

look that u get cheap materials for it and wait until there is a maximum in price for the product. for this u have to keep a close eye on the markups and auction. when nothinng is at auction u can also look if u can sell/buy on the streets for a good price

shure, u need some backup peds for this

there are some other componentss wich have a market

look here http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/v2/

or www.entropiawiki.com

and about the quant/qual thing:

when u really craft tt-food (for ex basic filter) sometimes its better to makee on qual, because u get more residue which has a markup. but make shure that u make enough klicks (some k) to average out bad periods.

Back