Im considering PE

Status
Yes.... let's make company policy based and immediate judgements on the success of CE2 on the basis of 184 people's vote in a prejudical poll... out of the total of 26,000 members of this forum...

Cheers Brook

Think FPC should make a poll on the official website to gather a larger set of data :)

Then we could all vote there instead (to show that we care about EU) :D

Why does MA expect their playerbase to PAY for being Alpha testers?

Your prerogative

The reality is that if it wasn't our prerogative MA would be out of business... fast. Many people are also starting to realise that it is indeed their prerogative to be an alpha tester, and as a result are leaving or taking out more than what they're putting in. We only need to consult MA's financials to prove this.

It would be foolish to disclose future plans of any company and probably goes against many NDA's in place.

I find this comment particularly amusing. I could list half a dozen very large MMO's who willing disclose future plans to their player base. And you know what, those MMO's are doing brilliantly. I'm not going to list nor explain the reasons for doing so due to them being blindingly obvious. Should you not know I welcome you to try out some of those MMO's (I'm sure I can figure out which ones they are).

ROFLMAO! I love your humor McCormic another vid for the historybooks =)

I think everyone here has a case of overinflated self-importance.

I'll just quote my self from 2 years ago:

How much more obvious does MA need to make it?

They don't care about you. They don't care that you spend 10k dollars on armor, they care that you have 1000 ped tt armor. They only want decay.

The don't care if you leave, someone will replace you.

We are just test subject who are replaceable, it's in their business plan/model.

I think its high time for David to take a loong vacation. You have brooken the first roule you would have learned in the simplest school for sales reps. Or as my best teacher ever said. Its hard fucken work to build up a good reputation, but it just takes a fucken fart to take you back to square one or below:spank:

I think its high time for David to take a loong vacation. You have brooken the first roule you would have learned in the simplest school for sales reps. Or as my best teacher ever said. Its hard fucken work to build up a good reputation, but it just takes a fucken fart to take you back to square one or below:spank:

Nice school you must have attended!!!!!! :eek:

More fuel to the fire: :eek:

I stand by my two lines and no, I do not get "reprimanded".

I think you can see from the majority of posts in this thread most people agree in some way, people make multiple posts saying the same thing dont count! :laugh:

I am not the "marketing guy", I will always say it how I see it.

David

I can't believe I am reading all this... I mean wtf Marco, David, MA ???

You might be right here and maybe I support what you "think" but hey you are a MA official and you might not be the Marketing guy but you are a representative of this company... and the tone of your comments is just so not appropriate... in fact I don't even understand why you are posting in this thread ???

I just can not believe how unprofessional you guys sometimes are... I mean I get your point and I can maybe understand your "frustration" but because of your Job, such comments are simply not appropriate...

The customer is King and if you got nothing nice to say or are not forced to give a neutral explanation, don't say nothing at all...

There is tons of much more important threads you could post a comment in but you got nothing better to do than bash off a potential customer or a fake or whatever... that's clearly not quite your level is it...

Grow up kids... and get this VU sorted out...

I seriously wonder if you ever attended any sort of business related school David... You leave me speechless.. :rolleyes:

I seriously wonder if you ever attended any sort of business related school David... You leave me speechless.. :rolleyes:

Maybe he just has a case of the Mondays, give the guy a break.

each and every day it seems to get worse and worse

David do ma a favor and do not speak you only make it worse for yourself

hire some one that actually knows how to do Public relations and let them do there job you stick to the office and what ever it is your responsable for becuase public speaking definatly is not it

I can't believe I am reading all this... I mean wtf Marco, David, MA ???

You might be right here and maybe I support what you "think" but hey you are a MA official and you might not be the Marketing guy but you are a representative of this company... and the tone of your comments is just so not appropriate... in fact I don't even understand why you are posting in this thread ???

I just can not believe how unprofessional you guys sometimes are... I mean I get your point and I can maybe understand your "frustration" but because of your Job, such comments are simply not appropriate...

The customer is King and if you got nothing nice to say or are not forced to give a neutral explanation, don't say nothing at all...

There is tons of much more important threads you could post a comment in but you got nothing better to do than bash off a potential customer or a fake or whatever... that's clearly not quite your level is it...

Grow up kids... and get this VU sorted out...

You are right, rather childish but it amused me for a while.

no more posting.

BTW, you really dont want me near any code or graphics on the VU's

Last edited:
There are a number of different things going on here, and not all of them can be resolved on a fan forum.

I think David's original comment as to "Why are you here?" was a valid one if you look at it in the context of a person within a company watching a number of people playing a game and talking about a game on a public forum while acting as if it's a bad game or has significant problems.

I think he's entitled to ask that question. You're entitled to react in whatever way you feel is appropriate.

The other thing here is that I have noticed in my own analysis of my own Calypso history that the game does get more expensive to play as you go along simply because items cost more... the better the gun the higher the TT in most circumstances. The better the armor the higher the markup.

At some point it *IS* going to make sense for me to stop trying to move up the mob ladder because the cost/hour will be beyond what I'm willing to pay. I may never be able to hunt dasps. Who cares? I don't have to hunt every single thing in the game.

I'm wondering if many of the people here have simply reached that point and found that they didn't want to stay where they were or didn't want to move back down a few levels to get the cost/hour down? So now you're looking for more game to be built?

Or are you really saying that you found that limit, and started back down the mob ladder, and now it seems that you're being squeezed out even using the lighter guns and armor again?

Just curious...

speechless, horrified about what is happening here. Seems many ppl forgot the rules of communication. This i adress to the Community as well as to David. This goes beyond loot complains, whining and the usual stuff. And honstly when i ever communicate that way with our customers in my company i will have much free time... Yes i understand the points of the community and David i also can guess whats happening to you atm, but to both sides this is exactly the wrong way to go.

You are right, rather childish but it amused me for a while.

no more posting.

BTW, you really dont want me near any code or graphics on the VU's

Well Dave me boy I would say if I were in a position of authority I would not want you to be near any customers of mine.

Sorry, but I was in sales for many years and made a good living but I never spoke to a customer like you have here.

I made more sales by solving problems that asking why they were still doing business with me. Frankly if a sales person ever ask me that question I would never do business with his company again.

You are in a unique situation in that most all of us love this game and just don't want to go broke playing. We also want to feel that we have a chance to hit it big no matter the skill lvl. I would venture a guess that unless the "Big" hit was over 50,000 ped most all would continue to play until is was gone and never even think about cashing out.

Moreover, a bad thing about being cocky when you have the only game in town is someone else comes along with another game and you are screwed. People don't like crap shoved down their throats and when you do that you are asking for trouble.

I think you have the right idea in not posting anymore because have made a big enough ass of yourself already. Especially the part about amusing yourself for a while.
Peace.

...I'm sorry - Maybe I should rephrase that last question:

Does MA have a plan implementable within the next few months that will bring the cost to play down to a reasonable level that is in line with the rest of the MMO community? No need to disclose any specifics.
A simple yes-or-no type question, yet profoundly important.

Well David, since you've posted a couple of times since this question, I have to conclude the answer is NO.

What is not said is often just as revealing as what is said.

Last edited:
Why does MA expect their playerbase to PAY for being Alpha testers?

Your prerogative

Why does MA expect their playerbase to do their advertising for them?

Your prerogative

It would be foolish to disclose future plans of any company and probably goes against many NDA's in place.

Now why would it be foolish to disclose future plans? Are there any other mmos like EU? No one is in a position to steal your ideas, and anyone who could build a game like this in 5 months has so much money behind them they could destroy you guys, with or without your future plans.

Based on the comments I am seeing I have a feeling someone is getting laid off. Is it possible the all mighty MA is finally falling, or did they hire monkeys instead? I will give you credit for not running away when people defy you, like every other MA rep. But really when you MA reps sink to the players level, instead of using cold hard facts (which show progress) to counter our complaints it means shit is ****** up.

Oh my funky God.... David... you are indeed just destroying the little remnants of positive reputation EU still has with many people.

I already had some worries about the continuity of the company after the last financial report, but this attitude you are showing today just increases my worries.

You seem to behave like you don't give a crap about the company anymore. Nothing about listening to clients, no, instead, you are charging like a bull at a red piece of cloth....

I wonder what this is, are you a disgruntled ex-employee, or have you guys sucked all the money out of MA/FPC and enjoying cocktails in some faraway country, while enjoying the view of those silly paying people slowly finding out they've been scammed???

monkeyfuckingfootball_thumb.jpg
[/url][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/IMG]i am reading the high points of this thread to my wife who has stuck by me when i was investing more in this game then my house payment was each month but she descirbed what is happening best here

she said

"IT SEEMS LIKE A MONKEY FUCKING A FOOT BALL THERE"

Last edited:
… because have made a big enough ass of yourself already. Especially the part about amusing yourself for a while.
Peace.
Thank you. I didn’t want to say it for fear of the BanHammer, but yeah.

…But really when you MA reps sink to the players level, instead of using cold hard facts (which show progress) to counter our complaints it means shit is ****** up.
Gotta agree again.

Especially when conspicuously avoiding this simple question:
…Does MA have a plan implementable within the next few months that will bring the cost to play down to a reasonable level that is in line with the rest of the MMO community? No need to disclose any specifics.
A simple yes-or-no type question, yet profoundly important.

Fat lady - center stage please.

Lights. Single spot. On center....

Orchestra pit? Thumbs up...

the_fat_lady_sings_card-p137818000530302429qt1t_400_thumb.jpg
[/url][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/IMG]
Fat lady - center stage please.

Lights. Single spot. On center....

Orchestra pit? Thumbs up...

OH SHIT

The fat women has sung its all over now

Last edited:
I think the thread show should be locked now
as all the fat lady's have sung their arias of woe in opera of

See no Loot
Hear no Loot
and
Speak no Good

Last edited:
EPIC TROLL:laugh:

At the very least, a thread that will live in infamy. :rolleyes:

Someone should grab it & preserve it before it gets "disappeared".

The thread starters questions from the opening post seem to have been answered.

In the future, if a potential new player come to EF asking similiar questions, members are encouraged to share their experiences and opinions.

HOWEVER, suggesting or discussing other games that thread starter should play instead is NOT allowed on EntropiaForum and never has been.

This thread has run its course.

:locked:

Status
Back