Re-implementation of Skill Chipping?

AA Omega

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
Omega Omega Recrium
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there had been any word on whether or not skill chipping is coming in 10.1 or not? I sent a support case and got this back:

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If it is not mentioned in the content list, FAQ or release announcement, it will not be released in VU10.0, 10.1 or 10.2. Unfortunately we do not have any more information than that at the current time, but please stay tuned to the News section of our homepage for future information regarding the ability to use the implant inserter to chip skills.

For more information please refer to the FAQ section on the web site. http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/08/17/4196/index.xml

We thank you for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Typical support :rolleyes:

Couldn't find anything through a search here either.

Thanks,
Omega

Since chips (and all other forms of mindforce, except TP-chips) are not listed in the 10.0 content list, the answer is no, skillchips will not work in either 10.0, 10.1 or 10.2. TP-chips will come back in 10.1. It's that simple.

but maybe VU 10.1 will never arrive... :p

At the rate that new TPs are being added, I don't think we'll need to use TP chips, as we'll only be a few meters away from a TP.

all of our mindforce implants have been removed. in order to reinsert them to use our teleport chips, we will have to be able to use inserters.
i wonder tho, can you put a skill implant in ? time will tell.

At the rate that new TPs are being added, I don't think we'll need to use TP chips, as we'll only be a few meters away from a TP.

LOL:laugh:

all of our mindforce implants have been removed. in order to reinsert them to use our teleport chips, we will have to be able to use inserters.
i wonder tho, can you put a skill implant in ? time will tell.

That was more or less my logic too. Inserters will have to be re-enabled. But does that mean skills too? Doesn't seem like there was any mention one way or another yet.

Support said if it wasn't mentioned in the FAQ, but it seems the FAQ doesn't cover a whole lot of area.

Support said if it wasn't mentioned in the FAQ, but it seems the FAQ doesn't cover a whole lot of area.

No. They said, your question is covered in the FAQ. In the FAQ it says, if something is not especially mentioned in the 10.0 content list, it will not be in 10.0, 10.1 or 10.2.

If you look at the 10.0 content list, you will find that there is no mention of the word mindforce, except 'mindforce teleportation', or in other words TP chips.

That means, TP chips will be implemented in 10.1, and the date for the part that has that, has been set for october 6th (from information here in the forum).

So, that means, all other forms of mindforce, including skill-chips, other chips, sweatgathering, and so on, will not be implemented in 10.0, 10.1 or 10.2

It will be re-introduced, why else would ESI still be dropping in loots

This guy loves to run and walk (maybe you should organize "The first official club calypso walkers")

LOL :D

One would almost think they've given this low priority to stop oldtimers from chipping out and leaving...

One would almost think they've given this low priority to stop oldtimers from chipping out and leaving...
To some degree it makes sense to disable chipping after a VU like the one we had. The idea is to just stop ppl from chipping out after the first impression and hopefully after 1-2 weeks all is settled.

Ok that said we all know that it's not like that as the VU is getting old now and still no minor upgrade (software development minor update - 10.1).
Imho it's a bad move to not have an ETA on this as skills were a major market thing for all the time EU is around.
Not that they are worth much when some highlvl players start chipping out and MA keeps throwing skill events out.

Probs very true.

I seen a few people selling up and saying there skills will be available for sale when they can be chipped out.

IMO....

All mindforce will be comming back sooner or later, its part of entropia, they wouldnt just pull it out without replacing it with something else.
For a start its what pulls in new players to the game, and without them entropia would die.

Like MA/FPC said, the reason for the removal of TP chips was so that everyone was on a level playing field when it came to exploring the new calypso.

As for sweating, well there was sweat bugs and things in VU 9 that they no doubt want to get rid of. The bugs were probably part the reason for the awfull sweat price at the end of VU 9.

I miss my TP chip but on the up side, the price of mindforce chips are falling so by the time they come back i will be able to afford a minor TP chip ;)

This guy loves to run and walk (maybe you should organize "The first official club calypso walkers")

LOL :D

Well, it's more out of necessity than choice.

I agree with others that it's put everyone on a level playing field and also allows/forces us to look/appreciate the new scenery since MA have done a lot of work to create it so they want to make sure that we see it.

Back