How does chiping out work again?

A-Bomb

Stalker
Jenny A-Bomb Legacy
Hi! :wave: (Real question in a bit, or you could just scroll... i mean, whatever)

So, what the :cussing: did i miss here? Ok ok, so yall are gonna go "look at the idiot whos been gone for a year, god hes so not ajour", and i know who you are... Dani, Conga, Drifter and so on.. diaf.

ANYWHO!

So i tried chiping out some of my 9 gazillion remaning skill points today, aaaand ok so the whole "attach the chip to the implanter everytime"-thing was kinda so so, but to the real question... and please help me out here.

(Real question below)
I insert a 19 ped implant, and i extract the maximum to it... in this case it was 79 points. This gave me a 12 ped chip, 5 peds and some change... which all made me go "wtf?".
So i slam in a 80 ped chip and extract the max, which in this case was 274 points... now THIS gave me a like 58 ped, or whatever it was, full skill chip AND a 21 ped ESI in return.
Now why the ... is that? I did (yes i did Dani) choose the max limit of points for the chip... and yet i get refunded like that? What gives?

Yours truly:

-Bomb

Hi!

Im not expert on the this matter but are there a change from the old chiping to the new chiping system?
If so i have no clue whatsoever.

its reduce the chip yes, so far so good but what percent those it reduce? any info would be good.

D-DeviL Revo...

Yea, seems like chipping out is bugged for now, see other thread 'don't use esi's' or some such

Hi!

Im not expert on the this matter but are there a change from the old chiping to the new chiping system?
If so i have no clue whatsoever.

its reduce the chip yes, so far so good but what percent those it reduce? any info would be good.

D-DeviL Revo...

It still says itll reduce the chip by 10%, same as before... but now, i cant seem to fill an entire chip... i can only fill like 60% of it,i lose 10% in "decay" and get the other 30% back in PED, or if the chip was big enough, an ESI. This is the part i dont get....

Yea, seems like chipping out is bugged for now, see other thread 'don't use esi's' or some such

Great... i was looking around like crazy for info on this and i didnt see this thread... aint that a bitch.

Well, thanks waperboy for the info... and thanks MA for having me pick your soap up.

HIIII BOMMBBB !! :hug: :yay:

Bahahah - everyone point and laugh at the noobie !! :poke: :nana:

Ok ok ok .. you're a noob - but it's not only you having the problem. :D

I heard about this 5 ped bug - :duh: wtf !??!

Good luck figuring it out - be sure to file support so you can at least get some of that back.

I hope you have a great day, I have to go to work - so I'll pester you later !

:hug:

Skill points that show in extraction window is calculated differently than corresponding ESI TT usage, it just has to be a bug. What worries me is which calculation is the correct one now - if the first, then skills occupy more TT now. Otherwise, it should be the same as before.

same happend to me on an 18 ped esi got 10,50 ped of extracted skill 7peds back and still hade like 3k of the skill left

lost about 10 PED worth of esi, 16 ped esi gave 10 ped skill chip and 5 ped 53 pec, two other chips about same, lost 10 or more ped...

so @750% thats about 65 ped loss... chipping out is getting too expensive now...

I sent a bug report.

Back