Announcing Entropia Screengrabber

Status
EF i dont know , but i know that MA dont like it...
I remember someone got locked for offering a simple AC for EU ...

BTW , the real option that will make your soft popular would be a simple auto-fire...
it would reapeat the clicking of mouse button till the mouse button is realised... click speed can be set with some simple default value to avoid "lag"...

:confused: you acknowledge its not acceptable to MA for a AC and someone has been locked for offering similar, so how is an auto-fire this a good idea? whats the possible diffierence between AC and auto-fire? just having the tool installed even with out the auto-fire option turn on might be enough for MA to lock you. i for one wouldnt touch it.

Please note that the chatlog files are now moved to My Documents/Entropia Universe
To get the auto screenshot function working you need to change the location in ESG for it to work again after the VU.

Crap, I wish I would have known that I missed two gbl SSs this morning. Ah no big deal I just like to have them.
Thanks for the info.
Peace.

No workie no more. Running both as admin and just getting black SS.

I was also having th blackscreen(Win7) issues and was unable to run EU in admin mode due to it messing with the Logitech Setpoint Mouse buttons.

I then changed my desktop theme to a 'classic' style and run ESG in admin and everything works fine now ;)

So Basically i have EU running non admin-ESG as admin-desktop themes set to 'classic'.

I downloaded my copy of this only 3 days ago so I'm guessing i have the latest version so perhaps try that.

I downloaded my copy of this only 3 days ago so I'm guessing i have the latest version so perhaps try that.

Yup. you have the latest version.

OK so there's something more than UAC problems at work here..

Until I figure out what the problem is it'll be hard to fix.

For those that want to help me solve this please let me know:
1. What graphics card type do you have (ati or nvidia?)
2. Do you have the most updated drivers?
3. Does it work if you change windows/entropia to 16bits color?
4. Does it work if you remove all DRM(Digital rights management) material from your screen (This includes outlook, media player/center ++)
5. Does it work if you disable hardware accelerated desktop (like aero)?

Last edited:
1. ATI 4850
2. Havent tried and couldnt say what its in atm but it would be default.
3.Not quite sure what you mean with this sorry but I dont have any 'widgets' or anything just the regular old desktop.
4.Works with classic theme and thats all I recall changing on that side of things.

The only other thing that changed between working and not working is I had Jdegre's skill scanner running and had previuosly done a skill scan.People had reported blackscreen issues with this also so he suggested running in windowed mode and skill scanner worked fine I then went back to full screen and captured the global after that.I'll have a test tonight without skill scanner running and see if there is any change.

Same issue here,get black screenshots. Are trying different solutions, but its really hard since MA isnt giving me the amount of globals I need for testing...

Vista Home pro
GF 9600M GT MOBILE

UAC disabled, running everything "as admin" ,still black. This is also issue with Entro. Tracker ,so I guess Ill head back out and try again.

I also have troble clicking the mark for "allow global" and Auto SS, Its like the boxes are greyed out?.. weird:scratch2:

Same issue here,get black screenshots. Are trying different solutions, but its really hard since MA isnt giving me the amount of globals I need for testing...

Vista Home pro
GF 9600M GT MOBILE

UAC disabled, running everything "as admin" ,still black. This is also issue with Entro. Tracker ,so I guess Ill head back out and try again.

I also have troble clicking the mark for "allow global" and Auto SS, Its like the boxes are greyed out?.. weird:scratch2:

To test if screenshots works at all without blackscreens simply use the hotkey to take some test screens.
To test if autoSS is working type down only a letter, then all people whose names start on that letter will trigger the screenshot.
To combat black screenshots make sure you dont use any hardware accelerated desktop themes like aero.
The global logging option was temporary down earlier today, but should be back up and working now.

Akoz

I just LOVE ESG but i would love it more if you could put a line of code checking if your grabber is not by any chance already running on the computer ...

I love screenies of my globals ... but i really don't need 5 versions of the same ;)

Last edited:
1. ATI 4850
2. Havent tried and couldnt say what its in atm but it would be default.
3.Not quite sure what you mean with this sorry but I dont have any 'widgets' or anything just the regular old desktop.
4.Works with classic theme and thats all I recall changing on that side of things.

The only other thing that changed between working and not working is I had Jdegre's skill scanner running and had previuosly done a skill scan.People had reported blackscreen issues with this also so he suggested running in windowed mode and skill scanner worked fine I then went back to full screen and captured the global after that.I'll have a test tonight without skill scanner running and see if there is any change.

I was never able to get the skill scaner to work in anything but screen mode from the first day I D/Led it, at least a year or more and always has worked fine for me. Currently using W7 and had no proplems.
Peace.

Anything new? Is it working or not, I sure miss it.

Upgraded to version 1.5 today.
* Added option to screenshot non-EU windows
* Added a check to see if the program is already running
* Added ability to upload all images directly to EntropiaForum

Regarding windows 7 and vista: This program does not work in fullscreen mode if you are using a hardware accellerated dekstop theme like Aero. Otherwise it should work fine in all versions of Windows.

PS: For every option I add the layout looks increasingly worse, so if anyone has ANY tips on how to make it look more intuitive / better feel free to share!

Closing this on behalf of the threadstarter.

Status
Back