Announcing Entropia Screengrabber

Status
Speaking of screen shot grabbers....does any one know if a new version of pe ASS. is being worked on? I miss my ass.

And before you sneaky mods think to go deleting my post, remember, ass. is the abbreviation for assistant.
ass.

I installed it on my rig running Win7 Ultimate (not the RC). When I launch the program, it'll capture a couple images. When I try to use it a few minutes later, it doesn't capture despite still running. Hope that helps with future releases.

I installed it on my rig running Win7 Ultimate (not the RC). When I launch the program, it'll capture a couple images. When I try to use it a few minutes later, it doesn't capture despite still running. Hope that helps with future releases.

Thank you for the feedback. PM sent.

After a while EU minimises and the screengrabber has a message saying it has stopped working, running win7 RC1 32 bit.

How do i find the error so i can let you know? as i had to quickly click ok and get back to EU, neconu's don't like to be kept waiting :)

After a while EU minimises and the screengrabber has a message saying it has stopped working, running win7 RC1 32 bit.

How do i find the error so i can let you know? as i had to quickly click ok and get back to EU, neconu's don't like to be kept waiting :)

Thanks for letting me know. I believe I found what the error might have been, and made a new version of it which also optimize the processing a bit. All errors are now dumped to errorlog.txt in the same directory. If you use the new version you can then just check that file if anything goes wrong.

Please try the new version available at <edit - link removed>

Last edited:
This is cool app. I hope MA will make something like this as a game feature. Is retarded to need third party apps for common tasks such as this.

agree. i'll give a try to this app.

Thanks again to everyone helping me with the tracking.
Here's some tracker results:

globalgraph.php

piechart1.php

Last edited:
I would suggest you make this program run in the tray all the time. Also, might be wise to integrate a feature to 'run at startup'

Not everyone knows how to use the 'startup programs' tool ya know :)

I have been using this since the day you released it. I love it! It has it's problems (being a new program and all) but all in all, it is great.

Nice job on it!

Oh yea, might be wise to also let it divide globals into seperate DD/MM/YYYY folders as well :)

Nice! Thanks for putting this together!

definitely will download this and try it out when i get home

running great now Akoz since the update, never stops working as before only thing now is the U, C and P keys dont do anything.

Was getting all black screen shots but seems to be aero themes causing it, fine when its a normal windows theme, yet fraps screencaps with no problems if it's an aero theme.

good job.

Thx for this ... will try this one ;)

Win7, had to turn off aero theme to get manual screenshots.
Don't know about globals or hofs, havent had one yet. Can ya send me a hof to try it? Or even better, an ath?

Win7, had to turn off aero theme to get manual screenshots.
Don't know about globals or hofs, havent had one yet. Can ya send me a hof to try it? Or even better, an ath?

Was your screenshots just black Phil? thats all I get on Win 7

Looks nice, just a couple of things though :)
When you enter a screenshot hotkey, you can't remove it? (and obviously you can't enter print screen button there :p)
If there was some way to clear the field, then i just missed it, otherwise you might wanna add a "clear" button for it.
Tried it quickly and found a few empty images from the folder, didn't test it but, does it sniff the clipboard and save whatever is in there? :)

Well, keep up the good work :)

Tried it quickly and found a few empty images from the folder, didn't test it but, does it sniff the clipboard and save whatever is in there? :)
Nevermind that, it was just obviously when i played around with the hot key :silly2:

hi looks like a wannehave cant get it set up corectly though:ahh:
i cant enable logging of globals becouse it cant find my chat log:scratch2: (i did enable chatlog in game)

Nice App, mate. Thx :wtg:

darri

hi looks like a wannehave cant get it set up corectly though:ahh:
i cant enable logging of globals becouse it cant find my chat log:scratch2: (i did enable chatlog in game)

Check your PM :)

I added a new version today with some minor changes:

* Made more keys available in the hotkey option including printscreen/snapshot.
* Added option to start the program on system boot.
* Made the system run in tray at all times.
* Minor gui update.

Great program tested it today :yay:

Was your screenshots just black Phil? thats all I get on Win 7

Yes, all black. Turned off aero theme and went to Windows classic, that fixed it.

looks like a nice tool :D will try it out tomorrow.
Just need a global to see if it works :yay:

Didn't work in Se7en x64 for me. Just wouldn't take screenshots. Back to fraps. Good luck.

Hi,

can't get it running on XP. Wont take any screens. I think it is because the folder it's in is read-only. But after I fix it, the rights are back to read-only :scratch2:
And it says can't find chat.log

Hi,

can't get it running on XP. Wont take any screens. I think it is because the folder it's in is read-only. But after I fix it, the rights are back to read-only :scratch2:
And it says can't find chat.log

Hi

If you get the message that it can not find chat.log:
1. Make sure you have main chat logging on in entropia:

2. Make sure the file is being created successfully by entropia by opening the entropia folder:

3. Enter the same folder path into the program (You can also browse it using the arrow on the right side of the folder field)

If screenshots are not saved correctly:

1. Check if the path you entered exists (Although it should be created automatically if not)
2. Take a screenshot in Entropia using the hotkey (Doesn't work outside Entropia) and make sure the file appears in the selected directory.
3. Enter one letter in the character name field (Like for instance the letter A) and wait until someone with a name starting on A globals. Your computer should give a short beep to verify the screenshot is taken. Double check that it appears in the folder.

I am aware there are troubles with fullscreen mode in Windows 7. I have received two suggestions for temporary solutions:
1. If you run ESG with a lower user access level (UAC level) than entropia it
could cause these problems. Run ESG as moderator to work around it. (Untested!)
2. If you change to a non aero theme it also seems to work for some users.

I will try get a hold of windows 7 and get this properly tested myself soon, but so far it's all based on your experiences.

Please note once again that since the program looks for the Entropia window and only screenshots what is in it it will not work to test the screenshot function outside of Entropia.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Check your PM :)

I added a new version today with some minor changes:

* Made more keys available in the hotkey option including printscreen/snapshot.
* Added option to start the program on system boot.
* Made the system run in tray at all times.
* Minor gui update.

Just installed your program today, I too am having the same problem with not finding chat log file ( I did do a search of my EU directory (both 86 and 32 bit) folders and could not find it.

I am using vista on this machine (not sure if you support vista with your program?)

Guess I can expect a pm to get me up and running ? :)

Akoz asked me to try running the program in admin mode to see if that stopped the black screengrabs so i went back and enabled my aero theme and yes the screencaps were no longer black.

So thanks AKoz for the tip.

Win7 32bit by the way

I wouldn't mind a peek at the source either ;)
Speaking of screen shot grabbers....does any one know if a new version of pe ASS. is being worked on? I miss my ass.

And before you sneaky mods think to go deleting my post, remember, ass. is the abbreviation for assistant.
Maybe not PEAss per say, but... *points to sig*
There is a contest in the forum to design the new icons for NW's EU Assistant.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...iverse-assistant-icon-design-competition.html
Fixed. Thanks for the free advertising by the way ;)

- Nightwolf

Last edited:
Status
Back