Announcing Entropia Screengrabber

Status
Just installed your program today, I too am having the same problem with not finding chat log file ( I did do a search of my EU directory (both 86 and 32 bit) folders and could not find it.

I am using vista on this machine (not sure if you support vista with your program?)

Guess I can expect a pm to get me up and running ? :)

I believe you have my skype... :)
If the logfile does not appear where it's supposed to it's basically Entropia fucking up :scratch2:. Another friend of mine had the same problem.. Entropia simply doesn't log even though it's supposed to. If that is the case there is not much I can do since my program is based on reading those logs. I believe my friend got it working eventually, so I'll check with him what he did to fix it.

If the logfile does not appear where it's supposed to it's basically Entropia fucking up :scratch2:. Another friend of mine had the same problem.. Entropia simply doesn't log even though it's supposed to.

if people with this problem are running Entropia Tracker, thats the problem as it deletes the chat.log file. you'll need to set your code to create the chat.log file on start up, and instruct users to start your app after starting ET.

(or ask Starfinder to leave the file alone)

Could anyone with windows vista / windows 7 give this version a try:

<link removed (outdated) - thx bernz>

Just fire it up, and try to take a screenshot ingame with the hotkey and see if it's still black.

Last edited:
if people with this problem are running Entropia Tracker, thats the problem as it deletes the chat.log file. you'll need to set your code to create the chat.log file on start up, and instruct users to start your app after starting ET.

(or ask Starfinder to leave the file alone)

Recreating a missing chat.log file won't help much since the info we want is what is inside it. If another tracker application deletes this file then the autoscreen function and the tracker function of my program will naturally not work. This is something that is out of my control, and there is not much I can do about it.

Win 7 64

Full screen = Screenshot Black
Windowed = Screenshot oK.

No other screenshot graber open. (No Entropia Tracker, No ScreenHunter)

Someone else should try anyway.

Last edited:
Win 7 64

Full screen = Screenshot Black
Windowed = Screenshot oK.

That's with the last file I posted (rc5) ?

If so, you can temporary fix it by running it as administrator, but I will keep working on making a way around that.
Thank you for trying!

PS: If anyone with windows 7 is up for some betatesting to get this working please give me a PM.

If so, you can temporary fix it by running it as administrator, but I will keep working on making a way around that.
Thank you for trying!

Yes. ESG1.4.rc5.zip

Thanx to you. ;)

Check your PM :)

I added a new version today with some minor changes:

* Made more keys available in the hotkey option including printscreen/snapshot.
* Added option to start the program on system boot.
* Made the system run in tray at all times.
* Minor gui update.

Nice job :) I really like the changes you made to the program.

(You must spread some rep around before giving to Akoz again)

GD EF :D

I tried again the 1.3 from the main post and whatever I do, admin or not, aero thing or not, fullscreen or not, manual screenshot is working perfectly.

I'm confused now because 1 hour ago, fullscreen was black whatever I did (admin or not, WinXP, Win2K ect...)
But now, suddenly it's oK.
:scratch2:

I think I need to sleep.

I tried again the 1.3 from the main post and whatever I do, admin or not, aero thing or not, fullscreen or not, manual screenshot is working perfectly.

I'm confused now because 1 hour ago, fullscreen was black whatever I did (admin or not, WinXP, Win2K ect...)
But now, suddenly it's oK.
:scratch2:

I think I need to sleep.

Strange indeed..

I now uploaded v1.4 with some small changes that should decrease the chance of black screenshots on win7/vista, and added an option for automatically creating subfolders as requested.

If anyone have any more issues, or have suggestions on things that could be changed for the better please let me know.

Let's make an even out of it.. first person to show me a screenshot of ESG 1.4 with 10k or more logged globals gets my efd! :)

Thank you for trying!

PS: If anyone with windows 7 is up for some betatesting to get this working please give me a PM.

PM sent to you.

I must have missed what the "U" "P" and "C" keys are supposed to do:scratch2: Do you have to press them for a SS or what exactly I am not sure.
Thanks and this looks real good and I have W7 installed and will let you know what I find out.

I must have missed what the "U" "P" and "C" keys are supposed to do:scratch2: Do you have to press them for a SS or what exactly I am not sure.
Thanks and this looks real good and I have W7 installed and will let you know what I find out.

C is the old default key for printing the current time to your chat window.
U is the new default key for printing the current time to your chat window.
P is the default (and has always been(?)) key for printing your current position to the chat window.

Most EF-events that require posting globals also require time and coordinates to be visible in the screenshot. Some people also like to add it for their own records.

C is the old default key for printing the current time to your chat window.
U is the new default key for printing the current time to your chat window.
P is the default (and has always been(?)) key for printing your current position to the chat window.

Most EF-events that require posting globals also require time and coordinates to be visible in the screenshot. Some people also like to add it for their own records.

Aah, I see you bery smart guy hehe.

Just tried to install on W7. Extracted files to new directory and clicked the exe file and got a error msg "A referal was returned from the server" Clicked oK and it quit. Also tried to run as Admin with the same result.

Just tried to install on W7. Extracted files to new directory and clicked the exe file and got a error msg "A referal was returned from the server" Clicked oK and it quit. Also tried to run as Admin with the same result.

Thank you

A reason for the black screenshots in windows vista / windows 7 is that an application cannot take screenshots from other applications if it does not run at the same user access level (UAC). Since Entropia runs at an elevated level ESG also has to in order to successfully take screenshots in these operating systems. In version 1.4 I added this as a requirement to start the program so that it automatically tries to run at the same level as Entropia.

Your error message occurs if you try to run an unsigned application in Vista that requires elevation, but you have the “User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated” policy enabled. ESG is so far "unsigned".

Please check this thread for more information on how to fix the problem:
https://blogs.msdn.com/spatdsg/archive/2006/12/20/supportability-and-vista.aspx

Win 7 - 64

Start computer.

I started ScreenHunter.
I started X-Fire

I downloaded ESG 1.4
Unziped
Clicked the ESG.exe
No Error at all.
Started Entropia.
Manual screenshot is working in Fullscreen.

No conflict with ScreenHunter.
Both ESG and ScreenHunter captured pics very well.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

+Rep.

Now, I wish that ESG work outside Entropia.
I could say :nana::wave: bye-bye ScreenHunter.

Now, I wish that ESG work outside Entropia.
I could say :nana::wave: bye-bye ScreenHunter.

That shouldn't be too hard. Want it to screenshot the active window by default, or the entire desktop?

That shouldn't be too hard. Want it to screenshot the active window by default, or the entire desktop?

Personally, I'd vote for active window.

Win7/ATI graphics user here. ESG has worked reliably for my last 2 sessions, I do have to turn off aero theme, I also run it as admin.
(pic has been resized, original looks better)

I don't know if you fixed something or if I did but it worked today. I am running both programs as admin and I was in full screen mode when the SS was taken. Thanks for the program it is great.

Gratz CozMoDan :)

Phil Surtees: Is that with v1.3 or v1.4? The last version should not require you to disable aero theme. Alternately you should also be able to get around the problem by running both Entropia and ESG as administrator.

I am working on the next version, and I got some requests on adding some post-processing options like to hide your ped balance, and delete pictures you don't want. Are there any other post-processing options that could be useful?
postprocessing.jpg

(ps that's a picture of a picture - not buttons belonging to my program in the white zone there)

PS: Is it illegal to post programs that contains AC here on EF?
(Thinking of the full version of my program at http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123)
Couldn't find anything against it in the rule section...

Last edited:
In addition by enabling "logging of globals" (see pic) you can help me with my own little tracker project (dump available at http://pe-trade.net/ec/tracker.php)

Just wanted to ask a question about this...

If i don't enable 'logging' does that mean you want actually be tracking anything?

I'm naturally paranoid about these things basically due to my lack of PC knowledge I'm sure but I really just want the features without anything being tracked and logged and sent elsewhere.

In addition by enabling "logging of globals" (see pic) you can help me with my own little tracker project (dump available at http://pe-trade.net/ec/tracker.php)

Just wanted to ask a question about this...

If i don't enable 'logging' does that mean you want actually be tracking anything?

I'm naturally paranoid about these things basically due to my lack of PC knowledge I'm sure but I really just want the features without anything being tracked and logged and sent elsewhere.

If that option is disabled the program should in no way attempt to send any data anywhere.

When its on it will check to see if entropia is running, if it is it will check if your chatlog is being modified, and if that happens it will send global info to pe-trade.net through tcp protocol. The traffic is really minimal and should not affect performance in any way.

I understand your reluctance to allow any program to send anything from your computer, and this probably wont ease your mind, but if there is any malware in any program it probably won't ask for your permission before going online :p
I do offer to show my source code to anyone I don't suspect will copy it and use the code for themselves.

If that option is disabled the program should in no way attempt to send any data anywhere.

When its on it will check to see if entropia is running, if it is it will check if your chatlog is being modified, and if that happens it will send global info to pe-trade.net through tcp protocol. The traffic is really minimal and should not affect performance in any way.

I understand your reluctance to allow any program to send anything from your computer, and this probably wont ease your mind, but if there is any malware in any program it probably won't ask for your permission before going online :p

hehe no its cool thats what i wanted to hear ;)

It was more that I had no idea what was being tracked more than anything else and I trust the community to catch any baddies should there have been any ;)

Thanks again and I'll give it a test out when we are back up and running ;)

I've been able to test your program on all of my development machines, and I must say that it works pretty fine :)

Just wish I could get my own program working :(

Well it works to an extent at least, just not as intended. Also, I decided against a global tracker at the very least. The program instead only makes a copy of the screenshot you took (it gets that data from the clipboard) while pressing print screen and saves it somewhere in the file format of your choosing

Besides, I've already stated that I'd rather not re-invent the wheel (in regards to a global tracker/auto screenshotter - we have those already)

Anyhoo, back to trying to get in touch with the non-communicative fullscreen mode developers...

Sorry for the offtopic...

PS: Is it illegal to post programs that contains AC here on EF?
(Thinking of the full version of my program at http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123)
Couldn't find anything against it in the rule section...

EF i dont know , but i know that MA dont like it...
I remember someone got locked for offering a simple AC for EU ...

BTW , the real option that will make your soft popular would be a simple auto-fire...
it would reapeat the clicking of mouse button till the mouse button is realised... click speed can be set with some simple default value to avoid "lag"...

Last edited:
EF i dont know , but i know that MA dont like it...
I remember someone got locked for offering a simple AC for EU ...

Wow really?

well at least with the version update I'm reading just now: "Added a “Toggle Auto-Use Tool” action to the Action Library"
..it sounds like they finally added AC to the game :p

Nice!

One suggestion for future development: Add a variable interval timer for auto-screenshots, so users could hit a hotkey and start taking auto screenies at timed intervals, for documenting an event, activity or chat.

Status
Back