Finally, EU is mentioned as it should be mentioned.

Green Rowan

Alpha
So… I’m logged in shooting combibo’s at swampo-campo and I have the TV yapping away in the background… it’s on the Discovery Science channel, and there’s a documentary going on, called “I Videogame”.

.. and what’ya know!!! A white-haired dude with funny glasses from Miami is on the screen, talking about how he bought a virtual resort in Entropia and that he has 64 shops on the Asteroid.

OK Neverdie, you owe me a new keyboard… I spit my coffee all over this one, and it’s all because of you. I use an ergonomic keyboard with a Dvorak layout.

But kidding aside, it’s nice to see Entropia mentioned as one of the big players in gaming, together with the place where people go to have a second life.

We need more of this sort of thing MA. The other game has north of 7 million users that log in every week. It’s time to try to beat that.

Green

Last edited:
Are u telling me that it did showed on TV today recently? i have to make sure if u are from USA otherwise if u from other place then it could not be on
USA channels. but it will be worth to hear their story abt entropia. I would recommand they tell good reputation abt MA and Calypso !:yay:

Are u telling me that it did showed on TV today recently? i have to make sure if u are from USA otherwise if u from other place then it could not be on
USA channels. but it will be worth to hear their story abt entropia. I would recommand they tell good reputation abt MA and Calypso !:yay:

I'm in Holland, and it just happened 20 minutes ago

It's called "I Videogame" episode 5... it's not yet on youtube... :(

Last edited:
Did a bit of searching and it seems to be renamed for other countries.

This is it, Rise of the Videogame

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaXUNdPRuc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I saw this documental a couple of years ago on Discovery Channel. It actually was trhu this documental that I "discovered" entropia Universe.

I think I created my account in here even before the documental was over on the TV :)

New showing and viewing = more ND babies......hmmm didn't think that's what the egg was supposed to hatch ;)

This is the story on Australia's 60 Minutes that got me into the game in 2007.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&bra...s:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

It has the most info about the game i have seen with Neverdie taking the reporter thru making the avatar and then entering the game visiting CND and even hunting phasm :) if only for a second or two.

Rather sad they didnt do some research and find an actual Australian was quite involved in the game also (Deathifier).

i remember that show too. Was quite interesting and i think i watched it a few months after (or maybe longer) than i first joined EU.

Was an ok watch and something on the TV has to be good right? :)

C

I was playing 1.6 when i jokingly mentioned "how great it would be if we could just kill bots for cash" then someone told me "YOU CAN!!!!!"

Not necessarily what I expected but meh, the potential was there. We've just got crappy adverts.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&bra...s:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

It has the most info about the game i have seen with Neverdie taking the reporter thru making the avatar and then entering the game visiting CND and even hunting phasm :) if only for a second or two.

Rather sad they didnt do some research and find an actual Australian was quite involved in the game also (Deathifier).

lol look at him milk them that well. Since when does cnd club actually make money xD.

Iuno, personally I don't like people advertising the exceptions so heavily...

lol look at him milk them that well. Since when does cnd club actually make money xD.

Iuno, personally I don't like people advertising the exceptions so heavily...

The exception started up in an orange jumpsuit just like every other noob. He was just crazyer than anybody else, and took risks “normal” people wouldn’t take. The risk played off.

Faced with that reality, this avatar (mine) can do only one thing: take his hat off.

In the other place where I have my second existence I could also moon him if I chose to (especialy after a crapy mining run on his astoroid)... but MA doesn’t provide that animation in EU…

Last edited:
So… I’m logged in shooting combibo’s at swampo-campo and I have the TV yapping away in the background… it’s on the Discovery Science channel, and there’s a documentary going on, called “I Videogame”.

.. and what’ya know!!! A white-haired dude with funny glasses from Miami is on the screen, talking about how he bought a virtual resort in Entropia and that he has 64 shops on the Asteroid.

OK Neverdie, you owe me a new keyboard… I spit my coffee all over this one, and it’s all because of you. I use an ergonomic keyboard with a Dvorak layout.

But kidding aside, it’s nice to see Entropia mentioned as one of the big players in gaming, together with the place where people go to have a second life.

We need more of this sort of thing MA. The other game has north of 7 million users that log in every week. It’s time to try to beat that.

Green

I saw it on Discovery as well. First time about 2,5 years ago and it was broadcasted recently too.
Nice thing to see :) but I wish there was slighlty more about EU in the film...

It's an old one , watched it a few years ago on tv.
Thats the resason i got in to EU :laugh:

When I saw that thread title, I was like: "Omg, the European Union sued MindArk for illegal gambling...."

Green

Great... another load of people thinking EU is a great way to get rich...

I reckon EU should be mentioned in a way that matches the truth. So cut out the bullshit about going to this great online world, where you can work to get rich, and start saying what it really is about: entertainment, quite costly entertainment, with a large "luck factor" to it, but still nothing more, or less, than entertainment.

Great... another load of people thinking EU is a great way to get rich...

I reckon EU should be mentioned in a way that matches the truth. So cut out the bullshit about going to this great online world, where you can work to get rich, and start saying what it really is about: entertainment, quite costly entertainment, with a large "luck factor" to it, but still nothing more, or less, than entertainment.

That's all well and good but do you ever see an actor or movie director say

"Oh man we fucked up, this movie is woefull... the effects just didnt turn out as we planned and we had to settle for 2 actors we didnt really want in the movie and they were really crap in the parts, all in all the movie is gonna be a flop.. but please come and see it."

You dont see to many businesses promoting the down sides of there business as it kinda ruins the whole marketing thing they want to happen.

OP said:
Great, another potentially misleading media article :rolleyes:

We'll get more newbs who join then quit when they find out how hard it actually is. I guarentee it... ;)

More chance of a HOF (or ATH) for me :D Eventually...

Yeah, I know, The sky is falling :rolleyes:

- Nightwolf

"Oh man we fucked up, this movie is woefull... the effects just didnt turn out as we planned and we had to settle for 2 actors we didnt really want in the movie and they were really crap in the parts, all in all the movie is gonna be a flop.. but please come and see it."

You dont see to many businesses promoting the down sides of there business as it kinda ruins the whole marketing thing they want to happen.

I think that ND is just about the ONLY person making any effort to get around doing this kind of thing, a one man marketing campaign as far as the TV and media are concerned. We can have a laugh about what he says, but you have to admire his doing it. I'm betting that his planet will get the only decent media too...he will go and make sure it does. Same no-one else much makes the efforts he does.

I love seeing these clips...keep posting them if you find anymore. :)

t

Absolutely true, which is why I am not expecting EU-officials to speak the truth. Other media, however, should not just blindly repeat whatever MA says, but actually CHECK their facts.

Sheesh, ND is all over the media it appears. I wonder if there is some sort of compensation deal in there somewhere......

ND is doing what other people in business do, touting his product. If one would put in 100,000 USD and had a good understanding of the game I bet MA would accommodate him with some land and he too could make money. ND is speaking the truth, he IS making money here and it is also said that he put in the 100,000 USD to do it. I don't see anything wrong with what he is doing. Also anyone that thinks you can go into a business on a shoe string is very native.

I also saw the "Rise of the video game" on the discovery channel about two years ago and that is how I got started and had a 1000 USD in the game before I knew it:). I like the game and I know if you do something for fun it will cost you. If you want to play little ball here you can and if you want Big ball you can do that also. I think it is just what you want to make of it and the single biggest thing that I think hurts the game is people being impatient and want to get big too fast.
Peace.

Absolutely true, which is why I am not expecting EU-officials to speak the truth. Other media, however, should not just blindly repeat whatever MA says, but actually CHECK their facts.

The Media checking facts? :)

Yeah well i SHOULD make my bed every morning but i dont ;)

It's fine saying the media should not follow blindly what MA tells them
but the media tends to follow blindly plenty of things they are told and often makes things up so i cant see any difference with the stories on EU, they want a story to fill part of the show with minimum research and effort.

In a perfect world the media and ourselves would all tell the truth and report just facts but it isnt quite like that.

If you owned CND what kind of story would you of made? :) taking into account how much money you had invested. Im sure it wouldnt of been one that risked your chances of recouping on your investment and also these interviews are 2 years old so dont take into account all the messups of the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Back