Question: Personal Storage Terminals

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
I notice they're (L) but how do they decay? is it each time you use one that they decay?

Also what determines the decay of other objects such as shelves, tables and other furniture? Does it decay whenever you look at it? :scared:

good question, I've wondered this too. Subscribing to see answer

Furniture decays when colored/textured but don't know about the Perosnal Storage Terminal since I sold mine instatnly.

doesn't furniture decay when you place them too?

And I think i read somewhere that the personal storage decays 1pec each time you use it

I used wally shelving for climbing and it didn't decay which either means it doesn't decay when you place it or it only decays when placed on an estate.

doesn't furniture decay when you place them too?

And I think i read somewhere that the personal storage decays 1pec each time you use it

So you could effectilvely use it only 1500 times at full TT? :(

Thats not good for the markup. Especially when you use a storage terminal you tend to go back and forth several times a time.

I used wally shelving for climbing and it didn't decay which either means it doesn't decay when you place it or it only decays when placed on an estate.

Does not decay except they changed it unannounced.

that statement is contradictory :scratch2: so does it decay or not?

Well the last thing dropped in an estate I witnessed was a face sculpturing chair and it did not decay but that was pre VU10. Never seen or heard of any furniture after placing somewhere. I've also seen some full TT Personal Storage Terminals (L) placed in shops, but this was Pre VU10.1. I am 99,99% sure it does not decay when placed.

Furniture never used to decay before VU10, and I sincerely hope it does not start decaying now.
How does the decay work with the personal storage terminal? If you open it and take out everything at once, does it just decay by 1 pec? or is it more complicated than that?

Every time you access it the personal storage terminal, it will decay 10 pec or 15 pec or something like that. So, that means, every time you click it and get the window.

Every time you access it the personal storage terminal, it will decay 10 pec or 15 pec or something like that. So, that means, every time you click it and get the window.

Thats even worse decay! you'd only be able to use it 100 times!

100 times is a lot for what it was created for. It is meant to put in your appartment so that you can refurbish it easily without having to walk many times back and forth to the public storage terminal. Most people only have one estate, so all they have to do, is take it from public storage to the appartment, and open it once to get the boxes out. So, that's 14.90 PED extra you get compared to what you need.

146 total uses at least

Actually it's 146 times.. if the 10 cents per use rule is in play

I just TT'ed my for 40 pec..

Also since it breaks at 3% (just like limited items ) thus it's 14.60 use out of 15.. if you do the math, 14.60 / .10 = 146 times.

Nuff said.

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper":cool:

Thank you very much this has been puzzling me for 3 years...

the problem with not having the personal storage terminal is that you often are carrying too much.
If your shop is far away from a storage this means having to walk at really slow pace each time.

while decay is rather extreme it's a nice service.

Back