Question: Team South Africa in 2010?

Goreon

Alpha
Society
NBK Otium
Gundarin Gergg Goreon
Hi All

I want to see if it might be possible to get a South African team together for WOF 2010. This will obviously depend on the kind of response we get here.

I have tried to contact the previous captain of the SA team (majorputty) here on EF with no luck yet :(

I have also created a group here on EF (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/groups/309/) that you can join, not just for WOF but South Africans who play EU.

Please let me know who is interested and join the group ;)

P.S. If you not South African but know any please point them to this thread or to the group, it would be much appreciated :D

There are quite a few South Africans that play (unfortunately Putty does not play that much at all anymore since they regened Atroxes)

There is even the odd society made up of predominantly South African members like Die Kommando - have a search through the forums for them - and give them a shout. And also players like Shadowsong etc

Good luck - I would love to see a strong South African team.

Thanks for the info :D

I know Proxim and Woesie from Die Kommando and went through the WOF 2008 thread and invited a few ppl that seemed to still be active to the group to see what kind of response I get.

Need a few ppl with experience in WOF for this :ahh:

I'll pitch in where I can, but my experience in the inaugural WoF left me with the certain knowledge that I'm not punching at the weight needed to make a decent showing. :cool:

I'll pitch in where I can, but my experience in the inaugural WoF left me with the certain knowledge that I'm not punching at the weight needed to make a decent showing. :cool:

That has crossed my mind, but thought we could at least attempt to take part if possible :wtg:

Im on a ship just outside of port elisabeth now.. does that count?? :D

Also known as PE ;)

Im on a ship just outside of port elisabeth now.. does that count?? :D

OH and i'll be around if needed.

It would be good to have some more southern hemispherians back in the fray:)
Cheers

Interested to see where this goes. Cost and skills say Nay to me helping but then anything is possible

Yah, costs do make it a bit tricky, but hopefully got time to save a bit up ;)

Skills, all levels of skill can take part but we do need a highly skilled main group I think if we hope to succeed :silly2:

(southern hemispherians rule :wtg:)

Last edited:
Any further interest?

Spoke to majorputty the other day via PM, him and some mates still around just play a lot less than they used to but it has come up in conversation.

Hopefully hear in a few days if they think they will take part. Would be nice to have him as Captain again with his WOF experience ;)

Good luck :wtg: It would be great to see you get a team together :wtg:

I would love to join a SA WOF team, last year I was still to low level to take part but I think I am up to it this year;)

I would love to join a SA WOF team, last year I was still to low level to take part but I think I am up to it this year;)

Nice :D If all goes well there should be more updates here soon.

I would love to join WoF, but there are a couple of things preventing that this year. First of all I am no where near a level of skills to be of much use. And would be a little expensive for at this point too, if I had the skills.

Well I will surely be following the course of WoF, hopefully there will be a Team ZA. And maybe next year I can join too.

I think we all need to get together and create a Ponzy scheme to fund our EU gameplay :laugh:

At almost a Rand per PED it is moer expensive to play this game if you want to chip or move to the next set of armours/guns.

I can make a plan to rob a granny to deposit for ammo etc but I have never bothered much with WoF (yes 90% because there wasn't a ZA team) but could you perhaps drop some info here on minimum requirement for armour and gun to actually contribute properly?

I think we all need to get together and create a Ponzy scheme to fund our EU gameplay :laugh:

:lolup:

I know there are various levels that one can contribute (main team and support team), and depending on the mob required for that particular round will determine equipment you will need.

So depending on what kind of team we can put together will depend on whether we have a chance, and who will fit into which team (main or support).

hehe yeah 1ZAR=1PED is quite steep.
Not unattainable, at least for me. Just at the moment I have a lot on my plate.
I think the last I checked I hadn't even maxed a Breer M3a, as I mine most of my time in EU. And haven't been around for some time.

Same here, not been skilling enough to make a dent i dont think. However if there is strategy involved (never been to WOF), then i might be able to pitch in or add to some value of whatever team is formed. Unfortunately the only fully SAFFA team aren't on all that much. Not sureif ya are, but perhaps you should consider ex saffas from far and wide and scrum it ;).

Anybody and everybody welcome to join in ;)

I was living in the UK and only moved back to SA few months back so still trying to get things sorted on my side including a decent connection (we all know Telkom :confused:).

:lolup:

I know there are various levels that one can contribute (main team and support team), and depending on the mob required for that particular round will determine equipment you will need.

So depending on what kind of team we can put together will depend on whether we have a chance, and who will fit into which team (main or support).

Ok well im all out Opalo+A101 with no armour and Hedok SK20, perhaps I can support the support teams water-boy? :laugh:

Seriously but not financially....I am max on the Isis LR32 (L) not yet on the LR43. Biggest amp I have is A103. I have Shogun and Nemesis with a full set of 5a and 5b plates.

This is just so you know in case. Financially I am still not sure whether I can participate. When is WoF 2010?

dont think low skill cant help even if to fap/ support.

Anything is better then nothing. With good planing everyone can help.

I can think of at least two jobs someone with almost no in game skill can do that will benefit the teams.

Back