Are Booth owners forgoten??

Atlan Leticron

Old Alpha
Society
Calypso Desert Rangers
Atlan "Ion" Leticron
It is some time now since VU 10 is introduced.

And so far, shops are online and in use (besides the New Oxford hoot, but that is adresed and worked on).
There was even a contest for shop owners with prizes, keeping the booth owners in the dark.

But nothing for booth owners, besides the moving around of the booth.

My booth is my source of income, so I am pretty much broke now.
Shop owners have there shop running and hangar owners get compensated.

I have patiently waited on VU 10.2 since apartments got reintroduced and silly me thought that would include the booth's too.
Well I was wrong, still no busines.

Since the waranty on my patience is voided and there is no compensation, I will limit my play time drasticly (not much to do with 9 ped) and steer clear from any deposit untill things are fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I am a very patient guy, but as with all humans my patience has a limit too.

Lets hope this get fixed soon.

Kind regards.
Ion

the only mall shop event is gone ! so no matter about this... it was no event!

i understand how you feel.....:rolleyes:

and since last VU they even relocated the booths :cussing:

lets see what Support will tell me :(

Give us our booths back, pls.

Im also a booth owner.
A really pissed booth owner :cussing:

My booth has moved to a place longer away from TP than before and its still not working.

Support case sent.

I patiently await...

I patiently await my booth coming active again too. I do not love my new location, even though it's on the wrong side of the building vs where it used to be (booths in Delta Tower at Omegaton West Habitat used to be in the wing of the building closest to the TP in vu 9.0, and now they are on the oppisite end of the building from the TP - which is weird since it's the only wing in the entire building with booths - you'd think that the only booths in the building would be located closer to the TP...but MA/FPC did at least move the Entire Delta Tower a little closer to the TP from where it was in 10.0)

Now, I just want it to be active... I suspect (call me a pessimist) that booths are not active because booths don't have maint fees.... No maint fees = no payment every month = lower on priority list than folks that pay every month even though the majority of apartment owners don't pay every month... irony.... they were not paying maint. fees because they didn't want to pay to go get all their junk in the apartments, 10.0 = free house cleaning that lands all of their stuff in their storage/inventory, along with new boxes. Just ironic that a lot of non-maint. fee payers got their stuff out of apartments for free without paying maint. fee to get the stuff. Maybe the plan was to do that so that they will sell the stuff and it won't collect dust anymore, or maybe it was to give incentive to sell off their apartments, but I have not seen any increase of apartments on auction yet...

It may be a visual thing too... since booths are in apartments, and there's still some vegetation growing in some of the basements... ? Maybe booth owners will get (L) lawn mowers in 10.2 to clean out the weeds that are taking over our booths, lol.

Something that I think is somewhat interesting though - it appears that some booths in Corinth may already be active - not sure but I think the Corinth ones are the old ones that used to be at Hades.... It's us folks in apartments that seeked shelter when the robot attack was imminent that got the raw end of the deal. The folks that got their booths shattered to smithereens got insurance compensation and paid moving expenses, if the Corinth ones are actually the old Hades ones and they are active now (I'm assuming they are active since I saw one shopkeeper there but maybe it's a visual bug thing and shopkeeper belongs to a land owner near the booths up there since it looks like the Corinth ones are just sitting out in an open field)...

Apartments are working though. Hoping 10.2 = booths active again.

LETS JUST HOPE (cross your fingers, eyes, etc.) that booth owners get something special when booths do finally go active. I'd love it if booths got just 2 more item slots (*hint, hint, hint*) so that we can put two shopkeepers in them instead of just the one since shopkeepers take 6 slots and booths only have 10 slots to offer currently... adding 2 slots would fix that. It'd be even nicer if it was more than that so we could put in two shopkeepers + signs, etc. Maybe Merry Santa Clause of Entropia can do something to help make this happen ! ;) :)

Last edited:
LETS JUST HOPE (cross your fingers, eyes, etc.) that booth owners get something special when booths do finally go active. I'd love it if booths got just 2 more item slots (*hint, hint, hint*) so that we can put two shopkeepers in them instead of just the one since shopkeepers take 6 slots and booths only have 10 slots to offer currently... adding 2 slots would fix that. It'd be even nicer if it was more than that so we could put in two shopkeepers + signs, etc. Maybe Merry Santa Clause of Entropia can do something to help make this happen ! ;) :)

hehehe great idea :wtg: +rep

Bump...

I miss my booth!

booths owners you have all my feeling

MA, pls , fix this

i just can feel how you must feel...... i miss my shop too:rolleyes:

I know it depends on the location but what do Booths generally go for? Shoot me some number pls :)

You'd think MA would try to promote booths and shops since sales and activity equals revenue for MA... although its very small... the decay to move and unload and all that is revenue... plus you get the LA or Mall owners earning tax... maybe reinvesting... maybe not.... but cycling items, ammo, bombs, clicks... its all activity and thats where MA draws cash from.... wish they would think about TP's and local business better...

I know it depends on the location but what do Booths generally go for? Shoot me some number pls :)

I think booths are much more reasonable then apartments.... at least last I remember.... cant remember price, Mesh will know though :D. Ive debated whether to get one down the road... just need to figure out what to sell :D.

:baby: steps ? :laugh: they really seem to be concentrating manpower on how to get the most money out of thier business i.e new planets rather than making this new engine work properly. should tell you something.

I miss the booths I used to buy all my hunting gear at, :(

I miss my booth too :(

MA is not even responding to sent support case :mad:

This is the way to attract new investors...

i thought they were up and running
the ones at cape cornith are

edit: also the apt shop were rotated so that you were NOT where u were before, however this has been fixed, mostly anyways, not sure if booths were adjusted but it seems they just rotated the whole building back, so maybe they have been fixed as well

since my shop is gone, i got more skills about estimates in Entropia.

Since they remove the oxford mall (and my shop there), i know one thing:

ESTATES in Entropia are not longer secure. It is possible you log in and all is gone:eek: ok, they pay back your deed and then you can buy back a new estimate for same cash.. the only problem is.... some of this owners wait since 2 years of a new estimate!

Letz hope MA check out that this is the wrong way. Letz also hope we booth and shop owners get back the trust to MA... but this need to fix all their mistakes on estimates soon... soon = fast;)

Maybe we will have one year rent-free.

I should certainly hope so... Hopefully decades free rent since booths never hand rent in the first place! One of the main reasons I bought a booth was because they don't have maintainence fees.

Not that I don`t feel for booth owners, shop owners, uber item owners. But did it ever occur to anyone that MA may be trying to reduce the investing mentality in EU to make it more accessible to more players? Sure it`s probably a long shot as they rely on people dumping big money in to buy stuff. And it would have the possibility of decreasing their revenue somehwhat. But just perhaps they are slowly trying to rework the economy in such a way that they can offset less big investing by attracting larger numbers of players to invest in smaller amounts. It would put off alot of current players that is for sure. But it may also attract more new ones or give them that bit of hope that they may just be able to afford something really usable in this game and become more than just a gambler in the three main professions.

Now what I would like to see if the cost of shops and booths and shopkeepers remains as they are or even rises is a flea market type area somewhere on planet. Where the average player could rent a space for a small fee for a certain period say month to month to put their wares up for sale. Something like this could create a nice area that would attract alot of people too. I had always imagined this type of thing whe there were the booths and stuff somewhere in the middle of the old Hadesheim city. Just an idea.

Not that I don`t feel for booth owners, shop owners, uber item owners. But did it ever occur to anyone that MA may be trying to reduce the investing mentality in EU to make it more accessible to more players? Sure it`s probably a long shot as they rely on people dumping big money in to buy stuff. And it would have the possibility of decreasing their revenue somehwhat. But just perhaps they are slowly trying to rework the economy in such a way that they can offset less big investing by attracting larger numbers of players to invest in smaller amounts. It would put off alot of current players that is for sure. But it may also attract more new ones or give them that bit of hope that they may just be able to afford something really usable in this game and become more than just a gambler in the three main professions.

If that is what they are planning, they should have made the booths a higher priority than the mall shops, but it happened the other way around... The reason I say that is that average booth cost pre vu 10 around 5-7k ped, which is a LOT cheaper, and more the price for the average player than you get with mall shops, etc. + pre vu 10, booths have 0 maintanence fee, making them an economic version of a shop for the average player. That's the main reason I bought a booth, and shopkeepers too for the apartment. I'm not an "investor" - I'm someone that just likes the profession of trading, and think this economic version of shops is about the best thing in the game. They are awesome for low level traders because the shop is only 24/7 even if you are not... so it does not matter so much if your trading partners are on the other side of the globe. You can participate more in the virtual world and the rce with booths and shopkeepers than you can just by doing person to person trading. Having an estate makes you think of strategies for figuring out how to find supplies cheap enough that you can manage to sell and still somehow manage to get profit with even though you have things like taxes that are standing in your way. Because of taxes, etc. it is actually harder to trade as a booth or shop owner than it is in person to person trading because you have to account for the taxman with every purchase that you make that you plan to later sell in the shop. It's a fun bit of strategy type of game that involves learning how the market works, even when you are not online doing trades yourself. That makes you study the rce economy, and probably hang out here on the forums a lot more than most average players do when they are offline. Estates help the average player become more involved in the game, which is a good thing for MA and the overall rce.

Now what I would like to see if the cost of shops and booths and shopkeepers remains as they are or even rises is a flea market type area somewhere on planet. Where the average player could rent a space for a small fee for a certain period say month to month to put their wares up for sale. Something like this could create a nice area that would attract alot of people too. I had always imagined this type of thing whe there were the booths and stuff somewhere in the middle of the old Hadesheim city. Just an idea.
What you are talking about almost sounds like consignment types of shops. When booths go active, I plan to do conignment deals, selling blueprints for others and sharing profits back after the sales. Nihilist does this with his mall shop in PA too. There are a number of other shop owners that do it as well, but don't publicly announce it too much to folks outside of their own society.

Last edited:
Bump to avoid falling even deeper into the forgotten.

Why would MA or the large investors want you to sell anything?
If you get frustrated and TT everything then MA and the large investors who already make everything crafted can craft and resell.
Sure its a bad way to attract new buisness but a great way to keep what you have. If you sell your stuff to a new player that is one less player that they can sell to.

Hang in there Ion, I hope you get your booth back soon!

Hotei.

Yesterday my suport case regarding my booth changed status to "assigned".... :eek:

Still no comment :mad:

I want my booth back in business.

bump...

Bump... We want booths to work again. Might be nice if MA/FPC would give booth owners with the broken booths 1 shopkeeper per month that the booths were not able to be used - a sad time in this Second Golden Age we are now in, where every other shop that actually works has a monopoly on the market! That might make it a true Golden Age!!!... :) :) ;)

bump

another bump. Please don't forget us booth owners with the broken booths...

If possible, it'd be mighty nice, assuming this can be fixed, if MA/FPC might pay booth owners one shopkeeper per month that that the booths have been broken. The reason I keep making this request is that another post indicates that some booth owners in the past have been paid shopkeepers for booth bugs...

More on that is over here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/buying/124918-b-shopkeepers-5k.html#post1514504

To make it have less impact on the economy, if MA/FPC can issue at least one shopkeeper to the owners of the broken booths, it'd be ok if they are broken and repairable so that they only have a TT value of 1 pec to start with, thereby not draining MA/FPC of many funds. That will force booth owners to have to repair the shopkeepers, paying MA/FPC the repair bill at the repair terminal - a fair trade in my opinion considering how much potential shopkeepers have and what market value is on them vs how long booths have been inactive since vu 10.0, giving all other shops besides these broken booths a monopoly on the market...

That'd be ok, and not cost MA/FPC anything much really since TT value would be low, and it'd make booth owners pretty happy to be able to expand business later when the booths actually work again...

Please get the booths going again.

Last edited:
bump

another freindly bump because it would be nice to have estates that have deeds in our inventory work they way they should be working...

Back