Question: Blue Lines in Landscape :(

McCormick

Deactivated Account
Society
La Faction Beta -LFB-
Never had that before but, while walking around I sometimes have these "Blue Lines" on my screen. (Sometimes they are hard to spot, but they are there)

Alt-Tab sometimes help.

No other games show such anomalies.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Anyone else ?

i get parts of mountains flashing as if it's a disco ...lol

at one place the leaves on the trees were flashing ....proper hypnotic trance disco effect :)_

not seen the blue lines on my screen though.

i get parts of mountains flashing as if it's a disco ...lol

at one place the leaves on the trees were flashing ....proper hypnotic trance disco effect :)_

not seen the blue lines on my screen though.

Sometimes I have flashing and blinking mountains and buildings as well. :/

I had it on my old rig, grapic card was "broken". The card ran at 80% capacity. Assuming its a new, replace it with warranty.

I had it on my old rig, grapic card was "broken". The card ran at 80% capacity. Assuming its a new, replace it with warranty.

Im sure my card is okay, as no other games and applications have any graphical annomalies.

And As Alt-Tab fixes it most of the time, well, it must be Entropia in combination with nvidia drivers. :p

I had disco effects in some areas where my comp was struggling hard with the Cry engine. Decreasing graphic options worked well.

maybe its the EU equivalent to corn circles :scratch2:

but more serious, no idea, never seen these

Artifacts may indicate a broken video card. This can be application and moment specific, depending on the used features and temperature. Best you can do to rule this out is do a stress test. I think 3dmark and maybe crysis can be used for this.

Never had that before but, while walking around I sometimes have these "Blue Lines" on my screen. (Sometimes they are hard to spot, but they are there)

Alt-Tab sometimes help.

Anyone else ?

I see the blue lines too but not that much.
My card is Evga GTX 260 Superclock 896 megs bought 3-4 days before VU 10.

I also see flashing mountains and water sometimes but only in windowed mode.

I have no problem at all in any other games or apps.

If something is broken, it's Entropia, not my computer.

Last edited:

Alt-Tab sometimes help.

Anyone else ?

looks like some worm are eating the ground :D

Artifacts may indicate a broken video card. This can be application and moment specific, depending on the used features and temperature. Best you can do to rule this out is do a stress test. I think 3dmark and maybe crysis can be used for this.
Or an OC card that does not handel good the game...
It can also show a problem with the game/driver combo...

<- NVidia EN 9600 GT 1 GB here...
Also sometimes blinking mountains or tree's, drives me nuts !

EDIT: Forgot to update my Drivers :D
Gonna do it now and see if it gets better :D

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem on my 9800 gt. My previous card broke 4 weeks ago, this card is new. I also have flashing mobs/mountains.

I also see blue lines but not all the time i depends on what location I am at.

I only get this when my card is getting too hot (9800GX2 1Gig) due to overclocking.

If I return the clockspeeds / ramspeeds / shader speeds back to normal the lines go away.

I would guess that it is either temperature related or GPU memory borked.

Although, first try updating your drivers. And try turning down your graphical detail from V.High to High for example, see if the lines go away.

I see the blue lines too but not that much.
My card is Evga GTX 260 Superclock 896 megs bought 3-4 days before VU 10.

I also see flashing mountains and water sometimes but only in windowed mode.

I have no problem at all in any other games or apps.

If something is broken, it's Entropia, not my computer.

I had EVGA GTX 285 before, it died on day 1. Now I use ASUS GTX 285 and I swear to god, this isnt my gfx card. Its Entropia in combination with nvidia drivers.

My PC is not broken ! :p

I get the same problem. I have 2 GTX 260's, I cant use SLI atm cause it causes Entropia to crash, so I only use 1 card. I get problems with blocky shadows, blue lines and all that kind of stuff. I have the latest nvidia drivers. Havnt noticed it too much recently though.

Back