Upcoming/New Release Movies

Ona

Alpha
Society
nAn
One LaFleur
To go along with Svet's thread about good movies, how about upcoming or newly released movies? I know since we're all over the world, that some of us will have seen some movies that haven't made it elsewhere yet, but that's all the better. :)

My list of upcoming movies to see:
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - heard the movie wasn't much like the book (loved the book), but it still looks funny.

Kung Fu Hustle - I finally saw the trailer completely through and I about fell over laughing!

Star Wars 3 - I hear it's a dark one and much better than the first two.

I would also really like to see Star Wars 3 and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy most definately. :)

Oh and i really want to see that Kingdom of Heaven movie about the Crusades

I think Star Wars 3 will beat every sale record :laugh:
I keep hearing about Sin City that it's good, haven't seen it yet.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Hitchhiker's and Revenge of the Sith but, I'm also looking forward to a few others...

The Fantastic Four...looks cool! Due date: 07/08/2005
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Loved these books...Due date: 12/09/2005
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest . :poke: the ladies...more Johnny Depp! Due date: 07/07/2006

Awesome site here that has a lot of details about up-and-coming flicks...

IGN's Filmforce

Wolf said:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest . :poke: the ladies...more Johnny Depp! Due date: 07/07/2006

Yes I'm looking forward to it! :girl:
And some said the Kingdom of Heaven which looks fantastic to me as well

Svetlana said:
Yes I'm looking forward to it! :girl:
And some said the Kingdom of Heaven which looks fantastic to me as well

:duh: Dohhh forgot that one....yes! It looks really good also.

Hmmm, not much I am looking forward too.
Sad to say I am not looking forward to the new Star Wars.. :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to The Island.
The Island Trailer

Also War of the Worlds could be interesting.
War of the Worlds Trailer

The Chronicles of Narnia does sound interesting.. I havent looked at anything about the movie though but the idea is good. :)

A couple months ago I would say there was nothing I was looking forward too... and the only reason I look forward to the two above is because they dont look like total crap... but the director to armageddon is behind The Island so who knows.. *sigh*
Movies have been going downhill for awhile, atleast in the mainstream. I can't belive some of this crap gets made... and can't belive even more that they actually makes profits while extremely talented directors get ignored. It's disgusting. :(

Oh well.. dont want to bring down the mood of this thread. :)

HAAHAH!!!! ive already seen hitchhikers!!!!!!! :D :D :D
it was a sneak preview, shown in i think five cities... ny, la, dc, hstn, and lv... dunno why those five... but stuff always gets released early in lv....

hitchhikers KICKED ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Only movie I really want to see at the moment is Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith :D

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Starwars 3

I just know Im gonna be really disappointed in SW though. SW2 seriously sucked :mad:

ok i'm a movie whore so this is my list keep in mind if have a 3yr old too.

April 29, 2005 The Hitchhikers's Guide To The Galaxy
May 6, 2005 Kingdom of Heaven
May 13, 2005 Mindhunters
May 19, 2005 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of the Sith
May 27, 2005 Madagascar
June 10, 2005 Mr & Mrs. Smith
June 15, 2005 Batman Begins
June 29, 2005 War of The Worlds
July 8, 2005 Fantastic Four
July 15, 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
July 22, 2005 The Island
August 5, 2005 3001
August 5, 2005 The Dukes of Hazzard
August 5, 2005 Red Eye
August 12, 2005 Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
September 29, 2005 2046
October 7, 2005 Wallace & Gromit
October 21, 2005 DOOM
November 4, 2005 Chicken Little
December 14, 2005 King Kong
February 10, 2006 Curious George
May 5, 2006 X-Men 3
May 5, 2006 The Poseidon Adventure
May 31, 2006 Ice Age 2:Meltdown
June 9, 2006 Cars
June 23, 2006 Click
June 30, 2006 Superman Returns
May 4, 2007 Spider Man 3
May 18, 2007 Shrek 3

ps thank you tribute.ca

unionova said:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Starwars 3

I just know Im gonna be really disappointed in SW though. SW2 seriously sucked :mad:

I know what you mean about SW. We'll see....

I think I'll rent Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. They're gonna have a long way to go to beat Gene Wilder's performance in the original imho..

Rex: Holy crap. Movies up to 2007. Got that on your calender already? :laugh:

ZarathustrA: I totally agree about that whole not-looking-forward-to-anything. It hasn't been till recently that I'm suddenly counting every penny and wondering when I can find a sitter so I can go to the movies. :D

There have been so many listed here that I've completely forgotten about! War of the Worlds...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (which looks massively surreal compared to the original!) And so many that I'm thinking I'll probably want to see, judging by the titles though, since I haven't see the previews yet.

pirates of the carribean has a sequel?? when does it come out, ill try to be in the US or UK at that time :D
i still wonder how someone can even get nominated for an oscar when they were SO OBVIOUSLY on lsd the WHOLE MOVIE.... rofl ;)

Zasz said:
pirates of the carribean has a sequel?? when does it come out, ill try to be in the US or UK at that time :D
i still wonder how someone can even get nominated for an oscar when they were SO OBVIOUSLY on lsd the WHOLE MOVIE.... rofl ;)

Yea..it did appear that way..
BUT HE STILL LOOKED SEXY DOING IT!! :laugh:

Sorry...

*ahem*

As an update, I saw Kung Fu Hustle last night and I have to say that it is THE BEST kunk fu movie I've ever seen! I'll admit though, that it's probably the only kung fu movie I've ever seen. ;) Anyway, it had an awesome mix of action, drama, comedy, and just a hint of romance. My husband and I were 2 of 4 people at the movie last night, and I'm sure the other two guys there were laughing more at ME than at the movie. I was laughing so hard I was snorting my way through it. :laugh:

Oh yea, it's a 'must buy' movie in my book. *nodnodnod*

I watched HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy last night i must say i loved it!

It is based on the screenplay for a movie version of the book by Douglas Adams himself.

The introduction has the singing dolphins saying

"goodbye, and thanks for all the fish!" shortly before the planet is destroyed!

quite possibly the greatest intro to a movie i have ever seen! :laugh:

The rest of the film is very similar to the BBC TV series which i loved also :D

Zasz said:

Actually, they're making 2 more. The first one is due out on 07/07/2006 here in the states. As I understand it, the whole original cast is already commited to both sequels so, hopefully they'll be as good as the first. ;)

Back