Really Wierd Problem

vistalover

Dominant
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
sam deathifier fisher
When I tried to log in today, I got a message saying client loader could not find entropia.exe So I went to the bin 32 folder, to check whats going on, and I realized it was not there anymore. I did not delete it, I even checked the recycle bin just in case. What should I do? :scratch2:
I am really pissed right now!:mad: All help would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe someone could send me Entropia.exe somehow? I was wondering if that would work. I sent a support case to FPC, just waiting for them to respond, but they take forever and I need to go do some mining!

If .exe files suddenly start disappearing, a patch may have gone wrong or you may have an antivirus that is either wrong, or removing files that contain viruses. Since the original EU does not contain viruses, check your computer, and reinstall.

Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling. Maybe somebody could send me the exe file and I could put it back in the folder. Also, I know it has nothing to do with the patch because I played it just fine yesterday!

Check your Pm's :)

Sometimes .exe's get quarantined , personaly had this with Crysis , so , if you got an antivirus ( ofc you do), might try looking in the quarantined list :)

Do you know how I would go about finding this quarantine list in webroot or McAfee?

No idea , i use "KIS" my self .

Hope you solve your problem :)

Nope, the problem is still not solved...but a friend of mine is sending the exe to me, I hope it works!

So, does anybody else know what could have gone wrong? I checked my quarantine list and it didnt appear in there. Would a system restore help?

If you are using Mcafee, that can be the problem. Mcafee and norton are not good antivirus programs. Even uninstalling may not be enough to stop them causing problems. At a minimum, uninstall any of those, and install a proper antivirus-program.

See my post here: Launch issue for a faster way of installation

may i suggest use avast anti virus software
it wont cause problem to eu nor crysis
never have problem with it
plus free register to get the key

I'd make a search of all the discs for ".exe" and check if it is in... (I say .exe only because its a good way to list your stuff on your comp)

start button --> search

Have the same problem on Windows 7 64 bit after the 10.3 patch. Definitely doesn't seem to be the anti-virus/internet security software either, so either it's a botched install or something else. Was hoping there was a fix to save me from having to download the game again :/

are you using a shortcut on the desktop?

if so, try the .exe file in the actual directory, and see if that helps...

Back