• I would play Project Entropia

Votes: 128 48.5%
  • I started playing after Project Entropia

Votes: 36 13.6%
  • Can't decide (aka "Just give me EFD")

Votes: 33 12.5%

• Total voters
PE any day.

PE, Avatars in all shapes colors and sizes ( Personality )
PE, Itamz!!!
PE, Cost to play was alot less.
Loads of more reasons but one i come to think of is all the friends leaving because they couldn´t afford to play anymore when returns on hunts went down the drain for most of us.

I´m gonna CryEngine is nice and all but it´s still just fluff!

/SM

I was not around in the days of PE so I did not vote... However the above quote made me think...

If loot and the loot system was as good as PE players say it was back in the old days AND MindArk didn't go broke servicing that loot system, then why can't we go back to that way of loot?

MA must have made a profit when the old loot system was in place, even with less players than they have now, otherwise MA wouldn't be around today...

(these are imaginary numbers so all you flamers just relax)
So if they made a profit taking 20% off 2,000 players in PE why do they need to take 50% off 10,000 players in todays EU?:scratch2:

1. MA went bancrupt in the past, I think. Around 2003, but I never tried digging deeper, so you will have to do it yourself.
2. I'm not sure if we have more players now than we had in, say, 2007. I went to landing place yesterday. I remember times when there were always like 20 new OJs at any time. I didn't wait yesterday, but when I came there, there was absolutely no new avatars coming. It's sad.

What I can say about my loot back in the beginning of 2006 is that I was able to gather sweat and go for a small hunt using money I received for sweat the same day, within 2-3 hours (25 ped ammo and opalo hunts). More even, with hunting loot and sweating I was able to climb up to gremlin set within first three months or so. More even, I was able to buy A105 as a total noob. And MKIII. I don't think it is possible now. So you can figure out which virtual reality was better. PE in the end of 2005 - beginning 2006 or PC now.

There is almost no comparison. Sure PE was fun, fresh and exciting. Meanin it had it`s good poins. But the new engine does look and play better and has opened up way more possibilities. I`ve always been up for the challenge part so I have to vote for EU.

PE had its advantages and disadvantages
EU as it is today has its advantages and disadvantages

If I could choose a particular time frame, I would have to say I would want the EU that we will have 6 months from now.

What he says

While there are good points and bad points to both PE and EU, I am up for change so I voted EU.

There is still an immense amount to be explored in development with this new engine. I am sure there will be things we like and dislike just like the growing pains in PE days.

Planet Calypso will remain fun IMHO and with planet partner competition I think we will see some interesting developments coming out of FPC. Now is the time they need our feedback and make changes that will keep people around and playing.

PE was the test bed and EU is still in its CE2 infancy given time I think we will see major improvements to gameplay and innovation especially if FPC wants to keep people and bring in new ones as well.

Posted via Mobile Device

I would love to see the new EU graphics engine with the old PE loot/skill system.

PE any second!!!!!!

since VU8.4 there have been so many changes made that took the fun away that... shinier pixels are complete bullchips compared the thrill in old PE!

J.

I'd pick PE, even though the graphics etc. weren't as nice as now.
i had loads more fun back then, good old times!

what new gameplay?? Graphics ok ... but gameplay????

Exactly ... the graphics are amazing, but game-play ?? ... please explain how game-play has improved. :scratch2:

Well we do have some improved movement, etc

Let me rephrase it to "graphics and gameplay 'that is probably to come'" then :rolleyes:

EDIT: Should also point out that I personally feel that overall movement, the "feel" of the game at certain times and the mob AI has improved somewhat, which gives better gameplay...

Last edited:
I joined back in 2005 or so, at the time of the big burst of activity when - I think - the space station started up (never been there).

My character started in Atlas Haven - people started in several places at that time. You could actually sell Goblin and Pixie armour pieces! I invested about $100 in all, and got a lot of gameplay as I was pretty close to breakeven on hunting (Vigi helmets on exas FTW!).

I actually liked the old graphics, and the interface made sense. I hated the new interface, and my avatar after the remake was no longer the old Saffy... :whiner:

Never had the opportunity to experience PE... Could be a good thing, because now I cant be all depressed about the good old days that are no more.

1. MA went bancrupt in the past, I think. Around 2003, but I never tried digging deeper, so you will have to do it yourself.

They were actually sued and "officially" disbanded MindArk to become Mindark PE AB.

Never had the opportunity to experience PE... Could be a good thing, because now I cant be all depressed about the good old days that are no more.

Be glad - it was VERY fun.

I voted for old PE - preferably back around 5.3 or 5.4, before the speed nerf and new loot system. The old graphics weren't as pretty, but avatars were far more varied in appearance... now we just have Barbie and Ken With Guns...

I miss the following:
Old run speed
Old 4-part map
Old interface
Old loots
The ability to hang out or run around as a ghost when you died
Skilling axes on tantardions because they had NO attack other than the swarm of tantillions around them.
My old avatar with his red skin and spiked mohawk.
The old weapon skins (back when Mini-Sweepers looked like black cans attached to a power drill and the Fireforge rifles looked like sniper rifles).

If MA ever decided to make a second server which ran the classic version, I would cash out of the modern EU and jump head first into PE.

Last edited:
Back